Bioware says NO LFD TOOL.

Montague

Not sure if troll or...

Yeah, you had a tank and a healer, I can't believe you were able to find 2 dps. :rolleyes:

Not troll, my friend is tank, i am healer. And yup, first time I tried at republic fleet to get 2 dps for taral v there were no takes. 1 pvp later and had 4 replies in 30s.

My main point was that by being forced to make groups, people are more polite in the instance.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

There is nothing social about spamming in /1. Whether you find 3 people in /1 or in LFD it's those PEOPLE that determine how social the run will be, not the tool used to find them.

Maybe there isn't anything social in spamming /1. But what you need to realize is that after a while people stop using just that method to get groups. They add good players as friends and check their friends lists first before grouping. This means when you group, if your a good player and not a dick then you end up on peoples friends list, you do more heroics with them and you build up social networks that way.

I believe all we need is what EQ had and is missing here. /who all LFG. Then you just flag yourself and go about your business. Get a tell and go to the group. Not sure why this is missing but I'll bet it won't be long before implementation.

I remember building groups fairly easily via this method, and when you got more people in group, you could check the LFG players against your "bad player" list and make sure you weren't picking up someone you didn't want to. In groups, we'd discuss LFG players too, especially those we had awful experiences with, and being able to add to our "bad player" lists from others.

This built the great community that was EQ, since being blacklisted was automatic reroll for the offender as there were no name changes nor server transfers.

Blizzard implemented LFD tools, etc because it needed to keep customers happy since the game had been out for 7 years.

SWTOR doesent need to implement these things right now, lets enjoy the "vanilla phase" of this game, eventually they may give in to make money and the game will just become a cash cow like WoW is currently.

Enjoy things as they are, in the future they may end up going the blizzard route.

spamming general chat for hours in the middle of trolls and people asking questions, getting no replies at all, decide to make a group find 1 other person then sit there for 1-2 hours looking for 2 more.... is enjoying things as they are???

Maybe there isn't anything social in spamming /1. But what you need to realize is that after a while people stop using just that method to get groups. They add good players as friends and check their friends lists first before grouping. This means when you group, if your a good player and not a dick then you end up on peoples friends list, you do more heroics with them and you build up social networks that way.

This is what u have guilds for, i dont wana have noone guildies spamming me about going to instances??

The true motivation behind this is not to increase 'social' aspects of the game. That aspect still exists in wow. People still prefer guildies and friends to LFD.

The only motivator seems to deliberately waste peoples time. If you took away email and made everyone use snail mail- same thing. You get people saying ' o remember the days when you had to make an effort and go out and mail it blah blah blah" - o come on

My kids will be asking me- did you really have to spam for a group all night? Wow dad you guys were tough back then.:p

Get over it, they arent releasing a LFD tool anytime soon, and if they do, im sure it will be server restricted to preserve community.

Enjoy the damn game and make friends like you used to in vanilla wow.

Got plenty of friends IRL.

Got guildies for ingame "friends"

Don't need "random LFG guy" as a "friend" tyvm.

LFG for a mission/flashpoint? Go to the Who tab in the Social window, check the LFG box and set your comment.

LFM to fill a group for a mission/flashpoint? Go the the Who tab and filter the level range you want to find someone who's LFG.

It takes effort from both sides for it to work, but it does work. BW shouldn't have to hold our hand with a new feature when there's already a feature that does the job.

This is what u have guilds for, i dont wana have noone guildies spamming me about going to instances??
Ask any decent player in TBC wow, all of us had long lists of people we trusted and regularly did heroics with, even if they raided in a different guild. If none of my long friends list of people wanted to do any then I ask in guild and would always be able to get someone off their list instead.

So happy about this news. Automated dungeon finders ruin my fun.

Standing around the fleet overloading general chat with spam ruins my fun.

This game just came out, some people dont play with friends or have not made any new ones in this game, or do not have guilds.... so looking for a group in chat is horrible since MOST people are out doing their quests and class stories.

I would like to enjoy these flashpoints but its rare that i ever get to do them.

Edited by gangbot

To the people that don't want a LFG tool: why is a PvP tool ok, but a Flashpoint tool is not? You don't have to /1 for a PvP group... you don't even have to run to a "Battlemaster" to join a Warzone. So tell me!

Because PvP requires matchmaking with people I can't possibly communicate with in game. :eek:

Ask any decent player in TBC wow, all of us had long lists of people we trusted and regularly did heroics with, even if they raided in a different guild. If none of my long friends list of people wanted to do any then I ask in guild and would always be able to get someone off their list instead.

Ok, then i ask ME since i was a decent player in cata.

ME?

ME: yes?

did u have a long list of rnadom players outside your guild that u did heroics with?

ME: are u serius?

yes?

ME: no and i dont know anyone else thats had that either, maybe they had it like that on a random guild on a random server but that whas not the case on my guild/server.

To the people that don't want a LFG tool: why is a PvP tool ok, but a Flashpoint tool is not? You don't have to /1 for a PvP group... you don't even have to run to a "Battlemaster" to join a Warzone. So tell me!
It's rather hard to find opponents. Anyone who played arena knows that PvP players can be just as selective, hell the last wow guild I was in had a requirement that you had played above 2.2k in 3s.

Because PvP requires matchmaking with people I can't possibly communicate with in game. :eek:

You can communicate with other players of your faction.

In order to make things fair and equal, you should have to form PvP groups yourself before you can queue up to be matched against the opposite faction.