Bioware says NO LFD TOOL.

Montague

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Bad decision not making a BETTER LFG tool, I am almost 50 and I've not been able to find a group since Athiss, most of the time I have to abandon 4 man heroic quest and I have to solo the 2+ ones.

I am not asking for a LFD tool like WoW, I am asking for a better LFG tool, maybe no automatic, but right now it is a nightmare to get a group.

Maybe Bioware should stop trying to copy WoW and come with a brand new LFG tool, one that makes finding groups easier and still keeps the community united, theres plenty of room between the spamming LFG in chat method and the Automatic LFD tool method that WoW has, maybe you could look into it?

Most of you think is either NO LFG TOOL AT ALL or WoW's LFD tool, it is impossible to create a new one right? :rolleyes:

I think the big thing is people (Especially those who never played pre-Wrath and therfore never saw it anyway) can't seperate Cross Realm automated LFD tool from enhanced LFG tool. As long as it stays on the server and does not blow player accountability for their actions to ****, I'm happy. I don't mind doing /1 LFG <instance> cause frankly it is easy for healers to find a group, and more importantly it kinda brings me back a bit to the old days. (EQ and WoW)

Sorry to say but most of the community is all sorts of fail. I'd rather wait in que for a group then spam chat among all the arguing and immature anal jokes hoping someone sees what I typed. If this community your talking about is the general chat then I'd like to not be part of that community.

They'll change their tune once subs start to drop, just like Trion did with Rift. Unfortunate that the damage is already done before people see reason.

Yes, look at RIFT. please.

LFG - several teirs of instances and quests

Instant adventure - quick, on the fly group content for the casual player

Daily raid rifts - pretty casual raids that most people can pug and clear

Harder raids - for the more dedicated

v.Hard raids - for the hardcore

Rifts - dynamic content to make zones interesting

Invasions - massive group events (ususally several raid groups)

onslaughts - area focused dynamic content for max level players

PVP rifts/quests - player controlled rifts and grouped quests to concentrate players for world pvp.

Chronicles - solo/2player instances so non-raiders can see part of teh endgame raid storey.

Now not all work 100% and some are better than others, but the idea is to give players freedom to do what they want, when they want. NOT FORCE THEM TO SIT IN CHAT SPAMMING LFG>.....

Now, I'm not saying that swtor should be like rift, or wow or whatever, But the attitude of BW needs to shift to making things convenient (not easy content) for the players.

I'm glad they're taking a stand against automated systems. They really do suck the "social" aspect out of an MMO.

I'm not saying that TOR is a pillar of MMO features... there are a lot of "personal" elements to it, sure -- and any MMO with questing has that -- but there are also some great group encounters as well. Some of the most enjoyable sessions I've had so far have been Flashpoints, Group Quests, and World Boss kills. And they're groups that form per-server per-faction and actually require Zone Chat, and talking to one another. Amazing.

I know a lot of people are crying about how there isn't much "social" stuff to do... but really, what more do you want? If I pop over to WoW right now, I feel even less social... all I do to get a group for Dungeon X is hit the LFD button, get automatically partnered with people, never talk to them, and collect valor points, rinse repeat. If anything is "single player" here, it's that. And yes, it becomes a problem that stretches beyond dungeon play... as it encourages gameplay to focus on "get to the end and the reward ASAP." Read: "grinding heroics" and "let's skip these bosses we don't need them" and "I just want my valor, hurry up!"

Edited by Perderedeus

I'm glad they're taking a stand against automated systems. They really do suck the "social" aspect out of an MMO.

I'm not saying that TOR is a pillar of MMO features... there are a lot of "personal" elements to it, sure -- and any MMO with questing has that -- but there are also some great group encounters as well. Some of the most enjoyable sessions I've had so far have been Flashpoints, Group Quests, and World Boss kills. And they're groups that form per-server per-faction and actually require Zone Chat, and talking to one another. Amazing.

I know a lot of people are crying about how there isn't much "social" stuff to do... but really, what more do you want? If I pop over to WoW right now, I feel even less social... all I do to get a group for Dungeon X is hit the LFD button, get automatically partnered with people, never talk to them, and collect valor points, rinse repeat. If anything is "single player" here, it's that.

No actually, you're put in more contact with more players there in around 30 mins than here in a total of 2 hours.

Spamming LFG isn't socializing.

I know a lot of people are crying about how there isn't much "social" stuff to do... but really, what more do you want? If I pop over to WoW right now, I feel even less social... all I do to get a group for Dungeon X is hit the LFD button, get automatically partnered with people, never talk to them, and collect valor points, rinse repeat. If anything is "single player" here, it's that.

Glad u had fun in the flashpoints, i had fun in the ones i get a group to, misssed about half of them because my spamming in /1 dident work...

and that is your own fault. I don't understand why you're complaining about how terrible a dungeon finder is when you are the one choosing to use it. choosing not to talk to anyone. choosing to rinse and repeat something you hate doing.

if you want to talk to people, talk to them! put a group together out of chat. it does still work, you know.

Of all the times I've asked in general for a group the only response I get is "yes" or "no". I don't know what part of the world your from but that's not much interaction with people. Just because you talked to someone in general chat and asked them for a group doesn't make them your BFF and your gonna spend magical times together afterwards.

Personally I hope never to see a LFD tool in the form of the current wow one.

Something which facilitates players making their own group is fine but something which makes the group and shoves them in a dungeon is one of the reasons I stopped playing wow.

I played wow from about 6months before TBC was released. During TBC I did a lot of raiding and heroics, clearing brutallus quite a bit before Patch 3.0 hit then clearing KJ the week after it hit. During TBC I made a vast amount of friends of all guilds and skill levels, even now my friends list still contains about 90% of those players. After all, when you have to make your own groups for dungeons it helps to have a list of solid players with whom you share a mutual respect.

After the LFD tool was released I found that no longer did I add players to my friends list, the largest part of them weren't even on my server, after all why would I add them to friends when there is no need to form groups. Suddenly I had gone from having connections throughout most guilds on the server, to sitting in dalaran spamming my queue button and having next to no social interaction with the players who I was now boosting through heroics.

People say "the LFD tool doesn't destroy social grouping" the thing is it doesn't encourage it either. When the requirement rests on the player to make groups you can bet your bottom dollar that every dps out there has a list of tanks and healers whom they know and who trust them. With LFD you queue up, get placed, complete then leave. Without it when you meet that amazing tank you damn well want him on your friends list, you want him to think of you next time he goes to form his daily heroic group, you want him to look down his list and go "yeah this guys an amazing dps, great at CC and quite a nice guy to boot, I'll invite him". This causes groups to be more social, after all those other 4 (3) people aren't just today's random scrubs but could be tomorrows free invite to a heroic.

So in conclusion, LFD tool in any sort of automated matchmaking way is bad for the community. Even if its not cross server it stops players from forming those social bonds and doing the networking which is required when it is people, not computers, forming the groups.

I just don't get this complaining about lfg. I play with a friend, whenever we decide to do a flashpoint 1 of us pops over to fleet and asks for 2 dps. Normally group is filled and off we go. In one case after 5 mins nobody wanted it, i did a pvp (i was the one who went to fleet) then asked again and got the group sorted in 1 min.

I remember the days in the other game before lfg came out, people tended to have more patience. Nowadays in that game people flame and insult the second anything goes slightly wrong. So far in swtor I have not seen a single complaint, insult, flame, whinge etc in an instance (or a heroic mission). Have been in groups that 1 shot the place despite everyone being new to it, have been in a couple of groups that decided to give up.

Bring in a cross server lfg (don't mind a on server one) and the polite times go. 1 wipe and people will flame and leave because they can get another instance quickly. Personally I would prefer that it takes a while to make a group, compared to having to deal with the impatient flaming people that a cross server lfg tool breeds.

There is a reason so many games implemented a LFG tool: at a certain point it is hard to find groups for instances etc. SWTOR is a brand new game, of course atm you don't NEED a LFG tool. But one maybe two month from now this will change. It will get harder to find groups, you will spend more and more time sitting somewhere while spamming the general chat.

A LFG tool is necessary! And again for the ignorant people: YOU don't have to use it! Continue using /1 if they implement a LFG tool please!

Edited by karcyon

as opposeded to half an hour of

/1 LFG XXXXXX

/1 LFG XXXXXX

/1 LFG XXXXXX

/1 LFG XXXXXX

/1 LFG XXXXXX

/1 LFG XXXXXX

/1 LFG XXXXXX

/1 LFG XXXXXX

/1 LFG XXXXXX

Followed by 20mins of;

/p guys where is the quest/flashpoint whatever....

/p I'm lost....

/p Um, I cant find my arse with both hands an an instruction leaflet can you help me...

Then you get in and its:

/ XXX leaves the group

/P guess his mom was pestering him to go to bed....so, we need a new healer for teh last boss.

Back to the fleet/planet for more:

/1 LFG XXXXXX, last boss only, need healer

or group disbands.

Sorry, but thats social is it?

I hope you Anti-LFD people like this type of situation as it is exactly the kind of thing that happens without a LFD tool.

There is nothing social about spamming in /1. Whether you find 3 people in /1 or in LFD it's those PEOPLE that determine how social the run will be, not the tool used to find them.

Edited by Aramyn

Blizzard implemented LFD tools, etc because it needed to keep customers happy since the game had been out for 7 years.

SWTOR doesent need to implement these things right now, lets enjoy the "vanilla phase" of this game, eventually they may give in to make money and the game will just become a cash cow like WoW is currently.

Enjoy things as they are, in the future they may end up going the blizzard route.

Travelling WHERE?

You go to all of them from the SAME PLACE.

which is exactly one of the reasons to never have an LFD tool.

and if everyone had a brain, they would get an authenticator so that they could buy the 1000 credit fleet passes from the authenticator vendor...

Edited by TitanJJ

I just don't get this complaining about lfg. I play with a friend, whenever we decide to do a flashpoint 1 of us pops over to fleet and asks for 2 dps. Normally group is filled and off we go. In one case after 5 mins nobody wanted it, i did a pvp (i was the one who went to fleet) then asked again and got the group sorted in 1 min.

I remember the days in the other game before lfg came out, people tended to have more patience. Nowadays in that game people flame and insult the second anything goes slightly wrong. So far in swtor I have not seen a single complaint, insult, flame, whinge etc in an instance (or a heroic mission). Have been in groups that 1 shot the place despite everyone being new to it, have been in a couple of groups that decided to give up.

Bring in a cross server lfg (don't mind a on server one) and the polite times go. 1 wipe and people will flame and leave because they can get another instance quickly. Personally I would prefer that it takes a while to make a group, compared to having to deal with the impatient flaming people that a cross server lfg tool breeds.

Not sure if troll or...

Yeah, you had a tank and a healer, I can't believe you were able to find 2 dps. :rolleyes:

As a follow up to my previous post.

The two things I would like to see are a galaxy wide chat channel, essentially for all the trolls to troll in, and a galaxy wide LFG channel which is always open and doesn't require you to join anything to use.

The second of these is so that your not forced to be in the space station when your looking for a dungeon, even if your out questing you might see someone asking for a group to X and think "yeah, I'm interested in that" even though 2 seconds ago it was to much effort to go to the fleet and search for a group.

The first channel is because the moment you introduce a galaxy wide channel people will use it to troll (see wow trade channel), adding a channel which is also galaxy wide and there for people to just muck about in should mean that the LFG channel should stay relatively free of **** and allow much more liberal banning of people who abuse it.

Blizzard implemented LFD tools, etc because it needed to keep customers happy since the game had been out for 7 years.

SWTOR doesent need to implement these things right now, lets enjoy the "vanilla phase" of this game, eventually they may give in to make money and the game will just become a cash cow like WoW is currently.

Enjoy things as they are, in the future they may end up going the blizzard route.

Yeah only problem is people are used to a certain standard already and come here and they're back to the neanderthal days. Why?

I don't care much since i got my guild but most people don't. And guess what, those casual people who just like to log in and do an instance won't waste 1 hour "LFG <dungeon>" every time they come online.

They'll grow tired and unsub since they can't do anything else after hitting 50.

;)

Ya im sure bioware and lucas art will hate making over a billion plus per year. :rolleyes:

on a side note. as a small shareholder (not really small but small enough) i want them to make over a billion per year on subs :D:D

Edited by Thorun