Bioware says NO LFD TOOL.

Montague

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok, then i ask ME since i was a decent player in cata.

ME?

ME: yes?

did u have a long list of rnadom players outside your guild that u did heroics with?

ME: are u serius?

yes?

ME: no and i dont know anyone else thats had that either, maybe they had it like that on a random guild on a random server but that whas not the case on my guild/server.

Ask any decent player in TBC wow, all of us had long lists of people we trusted and regularly did heroics with, even if they raided in a different guild. If none of my long friends list of people wanted to do any then I ask in guild and would always be able to get someone off their list instead.

I highlighted the bits where you failed.

EDIT: Ie. any decent player who was around before the LFD tool was added. Back when being a complete dick/ninja in a group was actually a bad thing and not just a "oh I pissed off 4 ppl I'll never see again".

Edited by Nekkapfia

To the people that don't want a LFG tool: why is a PvP tool ok, but a Flashpoint tool is not? You don't have to /1 for a PvP group... you don't even have to run to a "Battlemaster" to join a Warzone. So tell me!

I actually wonder the same thing. To pvp you just hit button and pop your there.

Why should pve be any different? Other then its pve.

Even DCUO had RDF from launch I think or at least the last time I played it did.

I'm hoping sincerely that they won't add such a tool. I'm playing mmorpgs for the community aspects, not to plow through an instance as fast as possible.

Tell me how spamming /1 for an FP for hours is fun and interacting with the community. Its frustrating.

Server LFD tool would allow you more interaction actually. Because you would be grouping with people on your server and making friends, instead of sitting in /1 spamming LFM FP need all for an hour and getting no where.... no your right your way is much more interactive..... and lets not forget since the game is a shard fest of epic bs you have to stay in one area hoping you find a group because suprise theres no bloody global channel.

Yes you guys are all 100% its completely more immersive to sit afk in an area looking for group instead of actually doing group activities and meeting new people on the server.

During my experiences during WoW:cata, i often made groups with my guild or chat to run through them because i wanted to do a quicker run. The dungeon finder does not stop this from happening. The casual gamer needs a flashpoint group maker of some sort.

Standing around the fleet overloading general chat with spam ruins my fun.

Don't worry about fighting over it. They may tow the company line with LFG hate but lay-offs change minds fast. Wait three months and see what happens, right now everyone is close to the same level and groups are happening.

If the game does great after four months without it then cool, we were wrong. If it crashes we can blame this, that, or the other thing.

Time will tell.

This is a huge mistake by Bioware. People may think it's easy finding a group now but maybe that has something to do with the fact that the game just launched and a ton of players are all near the same point.

Give it a few months when peoples levels are all spread everywhere due to mains and alts and trying out a new server and it's going to be hard as hell.

It doesn't discourage community at all. In fact I think it HELPS community. Face it, w/o this thing all you do is sit in general or trade chat spamming LFG blah blah blah. You can't really do anything else b/c you don't want to miss others looking for the same thing.

It's so much nicer to put yourself in a queue and then be able to focus all your time on actually trading/talking/bs'n with others.

I'm utterly sick of WoW and never even want to see a dang screen shot of that game again. I don't want swtor to become WoW. That doesn't mean however that it can't use some tools that WoW created that should be considered basic MMO tools.

Noone force u to use the LFG tools, if u like spamming more u can do that aswell??

Actually, it's existences means that players who don't use it are in the minority. Especially when it gives a ton of retarded rewards, so at that point practicality gives way to social requirements.

Ok, i meant TBC tho so was just a matter of missspelling...

The top 30 guilds on my server all used it to run instances. As we used it most of the lesser guilds used it as well since being on a R2 server tanks list meant that 1/2 times a week you got into groups that had top end geared tanks/healers/dps in them.

There were a few unsocial people who didn't have friends lists for this purpose but by and large they didn't do heroics anyway and only logged on to raid.

EDIT:

It doesn't discourage community at all. In fact I think it HELPS community. Face it, w/o this thing all you do is sit in general or trade chat spamming LFG blah blah blah. You can't really do anything else b/c you don't want to miss others looking for the same thing.

This is why its so important for them to add a global LFG chat channel with no requirements, so people don't HAVE to be in the fleet to get groups and can go questing, do professions etc. while looking. Hell even if your in a BG you should still be able to access that channel.

Edited by Nekkapfia

This topic brings up memories:

DPS1: LFG Dungeon X

DPS2: Ok, I'm in

DPS1: LFG Dungeon X, need Heal and Tank

20 mins later

HEAL: Ok, I'm in

DPS1: LFG Dungeon X, need Tank then go!

30 mins later

HEAL: Sorry, gotta go!

:rolleyes:

The top 30 guilds on my server all used it to run instances. As we used it most of the lesser guilds used it as well since being on a R2 server tanks list meant that 1/2 times a week you got into groups that had top end geared tanks/healers/dps in them.

There were a few unsocial people who didn't have friends lists for this purpose but by and large they didn't do heroics anyway and only logged on to raid.

Aha, so u had a exlusive group of well geared people in the top guilds running heroics.

That sounds wery socializing for the community... NOT...

This topic brings up memories:

DPS1: LFG Dungeon X

DPS2: Ok, I'm in

20 mins later

HEAL: Ok, I'm in

DPS1: LFG Dungeon X, need Tank then go!

30 mins later

HEAL: Sorry, gotta go!

:rolleyes:

Yea but atleast the 2 dps could socialize when they had to spam for healer/tank...

Aha, so u had a exlusive group of well geared people in the top guilds running heroics.

That sounds wery socializing for the community... NOT...

Exclusive? One of my friends at the time didn't complete T5 content till after SWP was launched. He was later in one of the top guilds for LK but that's beside the point. Groups were formed off peoples friends lists then holes were filled off general channel.

Actually, it's existences means that players who don't use it are in the minority. Especially when it gives a ton of retarded rewards, so at that point practicality gives way to social requirements.

Who said anything about rewards....

AS USUAL ALL YOU WOW HATER BS'ERS THINK THAT IF SOMEONE MENCHONS A WOW FEATURE IT HAS TO BE THE EXACT SAME THING.

A server only LFD tool that just helped form groups would not hurt a damn thing and you guys know it. People would get groups for what they need groups for and would make new friends as its server sides.

The way it is now it promotes no social interaction unless you consider spamming /1 a social interaction..... **** with that nonsense seriously.

EDIT:

This is why its so important for them to add a global LFG chat channel with no requirements, so people don't HAVE to be in the fleet to get groups and can go questing, do professions etc. while looking. Hell even if your in a BG you should still be able to access that channel.

I remember that channel in WOW, never got me a group because people dident use it... not even before LFG tool.

AS USUAL ALL YOU WOW HATER BS'ERS THINK THAT IF SOMEONE MENCHONS A WOW FEATURE IT HAS TO BE THE EXACT SAME THING.

Try wow addict. Even after having quit for the third time in a year I still get cravings to go and play. It is however not the same game I grew to love.

I remember that channel in WOW, never got me a group because people dident use it... not even before LFG tool.
IIRC it required you to be in that stupid queue thing they had at the time AND was full of trolls. On our server we still just used general chat in shatt instead of it. Edited by Nekkapfia

One guy being forced to sit in town doing nothing is super fun! Thanks for that!

Gosh, everyone knows the only criteria for having a good MMO community is being forced to sit in front of the instance entrance spamming general chat.

MMO has a way to gather like-minded people together for group content = bad community.

MMO requires players to drop everything and sit around spamming chat = good community!

Every single friendship that has been made in an MMO has been a result of bored people making chitchat while waiting for a healer to show up.

No LFD isn't helping at all atm. Nobody does flashpoints after level 20-30 in PUGs. There is no main hub yet, ppl don't like to stay still shouting for hours for a group instead of playing.

I would like to know why ppl get so touchie with strangers they meet in the internet. If you get an idiot in a PUG chances are you will be doing so many PUGs that you will finish that flashpoint gear 10x faster and move back to wat you like more in the game.

Exclusive? One of my friends at the time didn't complete T5 content till after SWP was launched. He was later in one of the top guilds for LK but that's beside the point. Groups were formed off peoples friends lists then holes were filled off general channel.

Ok, so the way to get to do heroics was to suck up to healers and tanks to became there friends.

Well let me tell u this, i dont wana suck up to healers and tanks just so i can run heroics.

And let me add that this may have been the way it worked on your server, but on mine it wasent so dont try to make this into "the way it worked back in the days".

LFM Hammer Station need all

w from xxxx: ill heal

(invites to group)

LFM need 2 dps hammer station then gtg!

Random wow troll /swtor fan boy fight in channel

Party chat: doesn't look like this is happening i gtg soon.

more fighting about wow and swtor fanboys.

Party chat: sorry gtg.

LFM need all hammer station!

an hour of my play time wasted sitting there spamming a channel is not social interaction and doesn't promote it.

Game doesn't need it. I'm glad Bioware is taking the right stance on this. Implementing things like this make the game a glorified server browser. If I wanted that kind of experience I'd go play TF2.

And now people cant get groups to do flashpoints, how is this better if i may ask?