Bioware says NO LFD TOOL.

Montague

Hmmm, I see your point.

A server based one would not be so bad.....right?

Yeah, to clarify, screw cross-server LFG. I hate what that's done to WoW and I'm definitely all for social interaction, server familiarity and getting to know the people you play with. The problem is, without even the basic means of finding a group, I'm not getting a chance to meet those people in the first place.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

And if you have an issue with jerks being jerks in random dungeons perhaps rather than HURP BAN LFD TOOL FOREVER LFKDJAGKLJG you should instead try to think of ways to take the existing idea of the system, and change it for the better. Maybe a sort of karma system where at the end of an instance players can thumbs up/down the individuals of their group, with some work put into it to keep it fair. Negative karma players can play with other negative karma players, keep them out of our hair until they get their acts together.

see? thinking about something for a whole minute provided some actual feedback rather than screaming about how its ruining your community and getting you griefed.

Its cause your doing it wrong then. Sure you hafta "LFG.." a few times, but after a few times, assuming your not terrible, you should be able to develop a friends list of people who are willing to run instances with you.

Considering I've run every Flashpoint up to and including Cademimu with only one other person and 2 companions. It's not particularily difficult to get Flashpoint groups together.

BTW group comp is:

Me - Jugger Tank

Friend - Merc BH DPS

Companions: Mako & Quinn

Have yet to meet an instance we can't tackle with this team

Ok, u clearly did not make enough friends to run flashpoints when u have to use companions.

Why play with 1 person (not very mmo) when u can have a LFG and play with 3 (more mmo?)

No LFD is shooting themselves in the foot. BW doesn't realize how extremely inefficient and "communistic" things are. As communists they live in a dream world that just doesn't work.

Why do they allow a LF-PVP tool, when they don't allow a LFD? BW, please wake up!

they just need a lfg channel to try and get spam out of general, and to work on lfg system in game which is one if you look, can put notes and what dungeon looking for ect. Just needs refined that is how CoH/V has done it and works great, and lots of great community there i agree with what reed has said.

LFD eliminates the entire communication between people. They just turn it on, get invite, go through the dungeon, and don't even have to say a word.

Indeed. Spamming LFG means you actually speak/write a lot of words. Just imagine how many times must you write "LFG hammer station" in 30 minutes. Quite a lot, so the social interaction is very high.

they just need a lfg channel to try and get spam out of general, and to work on lfg system in game which is one if you look, can put notes and what dungeon looking for ect. Just needs refined that is how CoH/V has done it and works great, and lots of great community there i agree with what reed has said.
In WoW that channel was riddled with people saying "ding!". :mad:

LFD eliminates the entire communication between people. They just turn it on, get invite, go through the dungeon, and don't even have to say a word.

What if I don't want to talk to you? What if my definition of enjoyable does not mean being a chatterbox filling up the chat window all the time? What if I just want to play my role, wreck some face, and enjoy the gameplay?

Am I not allowed to group?

as opposeded to half an hour of

/1 LFG XXXXXX

/1 LFG XXXXXX

/1 LFG XXXXXX

/1 LFG XXXXXX

/1 LFG XXXXXX

/1 LFG XXXXXX

/1 LFG XXXXXX

/1 LFG XXXXXX

/1 LFG XXXXXX

Followed by 20mins of;

/p guys where is the quest/flashpoint whatever....

/p I'm lost....

/p Um, I cant find my arse with both hands an an instruction leaflet can you help me...

Then you get in and its:

/ XXX leaves the group

/P guess his mom was pestering him to go to bed....so, we need a new healer for teh last boss.

Back to the fleet/planet for more:

/1 LFG XXXXXX, last boss only, need healer

or group disbands.

Sorry, but thats social is it?

What if I don't want to talk to you? What if my definition of enjoyable does not mean being a chatterbox filling up the chat window all the time? What if I just want to play my role, wreck some face, and enjoy the gameplay?

Am I not allowed to group?

Yup. you need to be a social butterfly apparently to play a game.

I want to play! not bond with my server! :mad:

Indeed. Spamming LFG means you actually speak/write a lot of words. Just imagine how many times must you write "LFG hammer station" in 30 minutes. Quite a lot, so the social interaction is very high.

Gets even better. One can press the up arrow key to repaste what they wrote before! Insane socializing :o

I just honestly don't understand the mentality of the majority of the people on this forum. In Rift, in WoW, I could run dungeons with my guildmates, with my friends, all the time, without worry. But I also had a tool at my disposal that I could use if none of my friends were on, or all my guildies were busy, or if I didn't have much time on my hands and just wanted to jump in and get my feet wet.

I had an option - and now and then I put it to use! Did that destroy everything? No, it didn't. I had friends, I made friends, and I had my guildmates. Lovely people, all of them.

Rather than pound your head on your keyboard screaming your hatred for the dungeon finder system, how about you try to find ways to improve on it? There's nothing wrong with having another option, another tool, at your disposal. Perhaps the tool simply isn't good enough anymore. That's fine.

Perhaps you don't even want to use the tool - that's also fine. You don't have to.

Yup. you need to be a social butterfly apparently to play a game.

I want to play! not bond with my server! :mad:

Exactly, i have plenty of people in my guild to talk with, i dont wana suck up to a tank/healer whenever i wana do some flashpoints.

In a near future we will be seing people spamming the chat with, "TANK running flashpoints for 50k, and paid repairs, and i keep all the good drops"

While I'm not a fan of the super-automatic WoW-like LFG tool, a basic LFG is a must (basic LFG tool - window pane showing all the people on a server wishing to group up for a certain instance). Social interaction my arse, all the lack of a LFG does is make me not play Flashpoints because I don't have the time to wait around for half an hour to do an instance that's just as long. More importantly, even when I do have the time, I'm off questing, because you know, story, fun, actually playing the game and all that.

30 min to find a group is nothing... try 2-5 hours of spamming chat channels in cities in some games. It seiously took that long to find a grind group as an EQ1 ranger, a tank in warhammer (for pve), and a champ in LotRO. I'll take 30 min queues where I can go out questing while I wait any day of the week over spamming chat channels while standing around in cities for literally hours on end.

Another negative effect of no LFD tool is that it won't be long til more players hit end gme and that it'll get harder and harder to find groups for lower level dungeons. I think that's very unfortunate for those of us that enjoy doing dungeons at all levels.

They'll change their tune once subs start to drop, just like Trion did with Rift. Unfortunate that the damage is already done before people see reason.

The fact is that the vast majority of us don't consider spamming general chat for an hour to get a group a stimulating social experience. I've found that most of the die hard anti-LFG people from other MMOs tend to be healers and tanks who get off on the idea of forming exclusive little PvE cliques centered around them, so that they can actively disclude anybody who doesn't kiss their feet.

Edited by Yvin
rude

as opposeded to half an hour of

/1 LFG XXXXXX

/1 LFG XXXXXX

/1 LFG XXXXXX

/1 LFG XXXXXX

/1 LFG XXXXXX

/1 LFG XXXXXX

/1 LFG XXXXXX

/1 LFG XXXXXX

/1 LFG XXXXXX

Followed by 20mins of;

/p guys where is the quest/flashpoint whatever....

/p I'm lost....

/p Um, I cant find my arse with both hands an an instruction leaflet can you help me...

Then you get in and its:

/ XXX leaves the group

/P guess his mom was pestering him to go to bed....so, we need a new healer for teh last boss.

Back to the fleet/planet for more:

or group disbands.

Sorry, but thats social is it?

OMG that is soooo SOCIAL!! That is what builds community!!!! :rolleyes:

Bad decision not making a BETTER LFG tool, I am almost 50 and I've not been able to find a group since Athiss, most of the time I have to abandon 4 man heroic quest and I have to solo the 2+ ones.

I am not asking for a LFD tool like WoW, I am asking for a better LFG tool, maybe no automatic, but right now it is a nightmare to get a group.

Maybe Bioware should stop trying to copy WoW and come with a brand new LFG tool, one that makes finding groups easier and still keeps the community united, theres plenty of room between the spamming LFG in chat method and the Automatic LFD tool method that WoW has, maybe you could look into it?

Most of you (and apparently Bioware too) think is either spamming general chat or WoW's LFD tool, it is impossible to create a new one right? :rolleyes:

Edited by Haiken

Social interaction?! In an MMO?! This is madness!

Yeah I love this kind of social interaction:

/1 LFG Healer for XXX

/1 LFG Healer for XXX

/1 LFG Healer for XXX

/1 LFG Healer for XXX

/1 LFG Healer for XXX

/1 LFG Healer for XXX

/1 LFG Healer for XXX

/1 LFG Healer for XXX

/1 LFG Healer for XXX

/1 LFG Healer for XXX

/1 LFG Healer for XXX

/1 LFG Healer for XXX

/1 LFG Healer for XXX

/1 LFG Healer for XXX

/1 LFG Healer for XXX

/1 LFG Healer for XXX

And then you give up and do something else cause the healer isn't sitting in the Fleet, waiting for invitations. It's actually the only reason I play MMORPGs; so that I can spam a channel with LFG because its TEH awesome social interaction.

I just honestly don't understand the mentality of the majority of the people on this forum. In Rift, in WoW, I could run dungeons with my guildmates, with my friends, all the time, without worry. But I also had a tool at my disposal that I could use if none of my friends were on, or all my guildies were busy, or if I didn't have much time on my hands and just wanted to jump in and get my feet wet.

I had an option - and now and then I put it to use! Did that destroy everything? No, it didn't. I had friends, I made friends, and I had my guildmates. Lovely people, all of them.

Rather than pound your head on your keyboard screaming your hatred for the dungeon finder system, how about you try to find ways to improve on it? There's nothing wrong with having another option, another tool, at your disposal. Perhaps the tool simply isn't good enough anymore. That's fine.

Perhaps you don't even want to use the tool - that's also fine. You don't have to.

Quit being so reasonable on an internet forum, please. :cool: