Bioware says NO LFD TOOL.

Montague

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thank god. I agree forcing people to actually interact with each other is a nice change from some *other* games where people sit in main cities and just queue for dungeons.

Do you realize that spamming LFG is not really interaction, right? The real interaction happens when the group is formed. LFD is just the convenient way to do what the channel spam achieve.

Nonsense.

In a year from now, a LFG tool will be nice.. right now. Work on something more important and make folks stop being lazy and actually interact with people.

Way to not read or pay attention to any points brought forth within the thread and just read the title and reply to it.

so group when you play during normal hours?

I swear, this "I want things my way and I want them now" attitude is... not surprising actually, but still sad.

Ah ha, but this is exactly what I'm talking about. With a LFD tool, which you could completely choose to ignore any would affect your gameplay at all, I could search for a group whenever I play. Since, you know, I pay to play the game just like you do.

Can I relegate your grouping options to 2 days a week during a 5 hour period as well? Would you not feel somehow slighted if I did so? I'm sure on the forums you'll say no, but in reality you know you would.

You're saying that because of my schedule, even though my hours played are just as large as anyone else, I have a restricted gameplay experience..and it's selfish to desire a change that would alleviate that? Well I think you're wrong.

Way to not read or pay attention to any points brought forth within the thread and just read the title and reply to it.
It's the internet. By the way, we actually have to group with those people who can't read. Here is their so-called interaction. One-sided.

*shrug* Then keep waiting. I'll be playing the game and having fun with my friends. ;)

If you have a guild/friends, then why do you care about the LFD issue? You will never have problems to find groups in theory, so ?

You just do not make sense at all and are trolling.

Edited by Ethern

I'm really glad Bioware isn't caving into the whole dungeon finder, it ruined World of Warcraft. We don't need another great game ruined so close to launch. This is an mmorpg, social interaction is the main attraction.

Allowing a dungeon finder creates bad communities, ninjas, and poor attitudes towards others. It's already bad enough that we have phased planets. We don't need to hinder it anymore than needed or its going to kill the game.

If you cannot figure out what a mmorpg is, you shouldn't be playing it, period. You all voting for a dungeon finder are the reason why mmorpgs fail to be mmorpgs.

Edited by SWGVet

Thank god. I agree forcing people to actually interact with each other is a nice change from some *other* games where people sit in main cities and just queue for dungeons.

Yeah, instead they just just sitting in the fleet spamming the LFG with the same line over and over and over again till they get a group, and then when they are in the flashpoint they are not interacting with each other anyways.

I don't see a difference between what I said and what you said.

spamming /1 does not in FACT create a community. It is the actual grouping the creates the community, and spamming is the slowest way to get people to group up with each other to create a community. Create a server side only LFG system and the community willl group up with each other quicker and more often and more and more people will get to know each other.

The absolute fact is, the current system does nothing for community.

If you have a guild/friends, then why do you care about the LFD issue? You won't never have problems to find groups in theory, so ?

You just do not make sense at all.

Indeed, how DARE I have an opinion on something that affects the community on the server? I don't run into the problem much, so I can't possibly have a reason to oppose the proposed solution, right?

I regret to inform you that I have opinions on matters that may affect my gameplay and the community in the long term.

I'm really glad Bioware isn't caving into the whole dungeon finder, it ruined World of Warcraft. We don't need another great game ruined so close to launch. This is an mmorpg, social interaction is the main attraction.

Allowing a dungeon finder creates bad communities, ninjas, and poor attitudes towards others. It's already bad enough that we have phased planets. We don't need to hinder it anymore than needed or its going to kill the game.

If you cannot figure out what a mmorpg is, you shouldn't be playing it, period. You all voting for a dungeon finder are the reason why mmorpgs fail to be mmorpgs. End of story.

Another speculation and shortcut reasoning. Not to mention that his post explains how a LFD creates a bad community... Actually he can't back this up.

Implying that TOR LFD has to be a clone of WoW's...

Good! That ruined (partially) WoW's community.

rubbish. I keep hearing that and it has no basis at all. WoW has the largest most vibrant community going, how is it ruined?????? In fact, the Social aspect of WoW is the only reason that game has thrived and survived, and why people still sub, it's the people they know and play with. If you want a social interaction, you join a Guild. If you aren't in a large guild and play lone wolf a LFG panel/tool is a HUGE help.

Typing "LF1M Name of Quest" is NOT being social, it's busy work when you could be off the stankin' imperial fleet and actually playing the game.

So much nonsense it's headache inducing.

If you cannot figure out what a mmorpg is, you shouldn't be playing it, period. You all voting for a dungeon finder are the reason why mmorpgs fail to be mmorpgs.

Social interaction begins after u have a group, spamming in /1 with LFG Boarding Party is not interaction...

Server LFG will help the social aspect of the game, less spamming in /1 and more quality gametime where u can interact with your "friends".

Indeed, how DARE I have an opinion on something that affects the community on the server? I don't run into the problem much, so I can't possibly have a reason to oppose the proposed solution, right?

I regret to inform you that I have opinions on matters that may affect my gameplay and the community in the long term.

Your opinion is that the LFG isn't need, since personally I don't need it. Implying that everyone is like you, or should be like you. /thread?

Thanks...

How does spamming the same lfg message over and over again create a community?

I don't think anyone on this thread has actually come out and said how spamming lfg messages creates a community. So tell us.

Ah ha, but this is exactly what I'm talking about. With a LFD tool, which you could completely choose to ignore any would affect your gameplay at all, I could search for a group whenever I play. Since, you know, I pay to play the game just like you do.

Can I relegate your grouping options to 2 days a week during a 5 hour period as well? Would you not feel somehow slighted if I did so? I'm sure on the forums you'll say no, but in reality you know you would.

You're saying that because of my schedule, even though my hours played are just as large as anyone else, I have a restricted gameplay experience..and it's selfish to desire a change that would alleviate that? Well I think you're wrong.

I already play that way, unless I get lucky and see a group forming at an opportune time. my friends are scattered over 4 different servers for variety of reasons. it just doesn't bother me like it seems to bother you. and yes, I think its selfish to think of short term benefits, disregarding evidence of long term drawbacks, becasue its inconvenient for you to do so.

Honestly, they're probably not adding it in because they don't have any clue how to make it work properly.
Ah ah ah ah. You win the thread. =)

Seriously, a LFD with two options:

- a cross planet one, intra server, for people afraid of the loss of accountability

- a cross server one, for people who are aware of the risks.