Vote for what you want most for future content...Pick up to 5  

15,252 members have voted

1. 1. Vote for what you want most for future content...Pick up to 5

• Replies 908
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

polls are funny, you can read out of it whatever you want

I wouldnt say that. And every poll isnt without context.

For example the crafting. Do you think anyone wants more planets story, new class, new levels etc... but wants no new tiers of crafting? That would just be bogus.

Actually its no doubt that class stories is up there cause we all want to send the message to Bioware that we dont want them to stop the class stories. What this poll shows is wich features we want the most, not wich features we want less of.

Edited by Nemmar

I would rather have another voidstar than another huttball. I want the option to never play huttball again. Even if that means not getting a que pop for a couple hours. Voidstar has been my favorite warzone since launch even with its flaws. Hmmm sabacc. Still wonder what's up with that table on esseles and why it lights up? Edited by manchusabre

For example the crafting. Do you think anyone wants more planets story, new class, new levels etc... but wants no new tiers of crafting? That would just be bogus.

Actually its no doubt that class stories is up there cause we all want to send the message to Bioware that we dont want them to stop the class stories. What this poll shows is wich features we want the most, not wich features we want less of.

New tiers of crafting? I barely craft as is, considering I mainly just go out and kill.

For me would it be like this:

1. Class Story

2. Companions

This two are the most important stuff for me, cause it was what it was suppose to be the difference with all other mmos, and its what bioware does best!

3. Planets

New or new zones in the actual ones! This is linked to the above cause we need a place to fullfil the new story content for class and companions!

4. Playable Races

5. New Class

This two will give something fresh to the players!

the poll doesn't have any value because

a) it's multiple choice

b) and it is NOT prioritized

c) it's only for current subscribers , not for F2P, not for ex-subscribers

also class story, I even thought ticking it because -hey everyone played class stories, sure "why not" , wasn't that bad.

But then I thought this type of content does not help the game and other stuff is way more important to do before.

Same goes for PvP, I do PvP as well but I didn't tick it because I think other stuff first, got a lot new PvP content lately.

And so forth. You don't know peoples priorities or motivation for voting for one thing or the other.

So this poll is flawed and useless, there should be a poll "Which feature needs to be added next" and you have one, max two choices. I can guarantee, class stories would end up somewhere in the middle or at the bottom.

Minigames would win, housing would win (not even represented in this poll) , also day/night cycles was a long term request.

Edited by Lord_Ravenhurst

I just wish we had a PvE portion to the new space content that's coming out. PvP dogfights are okay and all, but I like fighting swarms of computer controlled enemies and it'd be awesome to be able to do that with a friend.

Yeah, I'm hoping it'll be added eventually. :)

I just wish we had a PvE portion to the new space content that's coming out. PvP dogfights are okay and all, but I like fighting swarms of computer controlled enemies and it'd be awesome to be able to do that with a friend.

no 3D AI, only ground pathing.

Watch the birds in the ground game, obviously use the same pathing like regular mobs

This poll is far from flawed and useless. Priority does not need to be established....it is the top 5 items chosen.

It indicates that the vast majority of folks that participated in the poll chose class stories as one of the top five things they wish to see for future content. That is the intent of the poll, that is the result.

Not to mention plenty of posts in the thread that clearly show class stories as the number one choice for some folks.

The poll has served it's purpose properly, other than perhaps some PVP participation impropriety, it looks to be accurate for what it represents. It is not the last word, simply one small part of a much larger picture that should include many metric sources.

I would guess the metrics probably match the results reasonably closely, but that is just a guess. The priorities for folks here and around the net have been established for some time IMO...this was next on the list.

By the way, I don't think I posted my list. I don't have a particular order, but this was my 5 choices.

Mini Games

Space Combat

Character Customization

Companions

Class story

Edited by LordArtemis

This poll is far from flawed and useless. Priority does not need to be established....it is the top 5 items chosen.

It indicates that the vast majority of folks that participated in the poll chose class stories as one of the top five things they wish to see for future content. That is the intent of the poll, that is the result.

Not to mention plenty of posts in the thread that clearly show class stories as the number one choice for some folks.

The poll has served it's purpose properly, other than perhaps some PVP participation impropriety, it looks to be accurate for what it represents. It is not the last word, simply one small part of a much larger picture that should include many metric sources.

I would guess the metrics probably match the results reasonably closely, but that is just a guess. The priorities for folks here and around the net have been established for some time IMO...this was next on the list.

By the way, I don't think I posted my list. I don't have a particular order, but this was my 5 choices.

Mini Games

Space Combat

Character Customization

Companions

Class story

So what. Only BW has the metrics of most used content.

and by the way, they know very well that only a fraction of the player base has actually completed all 8 class stories.

So, you want more class story, go roll an alt. It's that simple.

When you're finished do it over and go dark or light side. So bam, 16 class stories just for your alting pleasure.

No need for another 10 GIGs of voiceovers. It simply won't happen, they decided that a long time ago and it is not feasible, probably because of time and budget. So just let it go.

end of rine

So what. Only BW has the metrics of most used content.

and by the way, they know very well that only a fraction of the player base has actually completed all 8 class stories.

So, you want more class story, go roll an alt. It's that simple.

When you're finished do it over and go dark or light side. So bam, 16 class stories just for your alting pleasure.

No need for another 10 GIGs of voiceovers. It simply won't happen, they decided that a long time ago and it is not feasible, probably because of time and budget. So just let it go.

end of rine

I don't think I'm going to let you determine what I do and don't do, nor think for me today Ravenhurst. I think ill make up my own mind in that respect if you don't mind.

No need to be so melodramatic about it. Story extensions do not have to be so involved. Many folks have made measured suggestions on how to provide class story extensions at a reduced cost.

Naturally you are entitled to your opinion and have a right to express it. I would stop telling folks what to do though if I were you though....that will likely not meet with any measure of success. The choice is yours.

Edited by LordArtemis

I'm looking for duplicate names in the voting list, I haven't found any, but perhaps it doesn't list multiple votes as multiple same name entries, or they could be voting under another account.

I'll keep looking. So far I don't see any obvious evidence of vote duping.

I hate to say this but there are some really slow people on these forums (pvpers, pvpers, whatever) so I am betting they just had no clue what they were doing and "thought" they got to vote for a section 10x ;)

either that or they own multiple sub accounts which gives them the right to get an extra vote

Edited by ForsakenKing

I don't think I'm going to let you determine what I do and don't do, nor think for me today Ravenhurst. I think ill make up my own mind in that respect if you don't mind.

No need to be so melodramatic about it. Story extensions do not have to be so involved. Many folks have made measured suggestions on how to provide class story extensions at a reduced cost.

Naturally you are entitled to your opinion and have a right to express it. I would stop telling folks what to do though if I were you though....that will likely not meet with any measure of success. The choice is yours.

He's under the impression that if he comes here and shouts at the poll often enough it'll magically change the results to something he wants, or at the very least invalidate it.

He was somewhat right about the "end of rine" comment though. My ignore list has made a new friend.

Edited by Callaron

He was somewhat right about the "end of rine" comment though. My ignore list has made a new friend.

(Emphasis mine)

What does that word mean, in context? Because I get: http://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/rine, which kind of implies that Ravenhurst said "end of touch" End of touching? Touching... on the subject? He's going to stop posting?

Or, apparently, it could mean "end of ditch" - Lord Ravenhurst has been stuck in a rut for quite some time, and has just managed to pull himself free? Well done, good sir! *claps*

He's under the impression that if he comes here and shouts at the poll often enough it'll magically change the results to something he wants, or at the very least invalidate it.

Well, I feel he has a right to speak his mind and support his right to do so...to try and tell others what to do however simply because he does not agree, that is stepping over the line IMO.

He is passionate about what he believes, and I will not fault him for that. Perhaps in time he will learn how to express himself properly.

if I would care :rolleyes:

anyway the poll is flawed and useless and I stated the factual reasons, even if it would not be flawed, the results wouldn't change the fact that class stories are over (BW statement) and there are tons of more pressing things than adding this sort of more-of -the-same stuff. Especially since subs went down the gutter, 8 class stories is too much too handle and has zero longterm value.

Makeb had 2 class stories, get used to that pattern or seek out an MMO with more story then. I highly doubt that anything like another Makeb sized planet is even planned right now, because that work started before F2P.

(Emphasis mine)

What does that word mean, in context? Because I get: http://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/rine, which kind of implies that Ravenhurst said "end of touch" End of touching? Touching... on the subject? He's going to stop posting?

Or, apparently, it could mean "end of ditch" - Lord Ravenhurst has been stuck in a rut for quite some time, and has just managed to pull himself free? Well done, good sir! *claps*

Could be an epic quest to find the end of the "Rhine". Maybe some long lost treasure is buried there, possibly in some shipwreck.

Or too much time on the Bioware Social forums has led him to believe he's Ninja Stan. :rolleyes:

Could be an epic quest to find the end of the "Rhine". Maybe some long lost treasure is buried there, possibly in some shipwreck.

Or too much time on the Bioware Social forums has led him to believe he's Ninja Stan. :rolleyes:

That sounds like quite the ballad! Perhaps we should wait until he returns from his epic adventures?