The Super Secret Space Project is revealed... or at least teased!

jasoneth

• Replies 341
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

While I won't be truly happy until I have something close or equal to SWG.

I'm not trying to troll or be rude... but... you do realize that this game never really (ever) will be close to SWG? I mean... completely different team, completely different design goals... the systems and the way you level... they INTENTIONALLY don't even resemble each other...

i assume the ships we fly will be remotely controlled? also i noticed the imperial fight was firing red blasters. is a color swap inc?

Don't look like a colour swap since the republic fighters also (still) fire in red. Guess it is just an oversight and the empire will fire in green when it goes live.

I'm not trying to troll or be rude... but... you do realize that this game never really (ever) will be close to SWG? I mean... completely different team, completely different design goals... the systems and the way you level... they INTENTIONALLY don't even resemble each other...

I am aware of this. In fact their attempts to completely separate from the SWG has hurt them. While SWG had many failures they did have many things that no MMO has ever had at the time and still don't have now. The Crafting system in SWG was the most complex in any MMO and the space system was a game with in it's self. What they should have done was taken the goods from SWG and ether eliminate the bads or make the bads into goods. Then on top of that bring in their own ideas. Many players from SWG both pre NGE and after came to this game thinking it will be different and an improvement. Only to be sadly mistaken. That is why I hold this game to the same standard of SWG. Because as mush as BW wants to avoid it and deny it, this game will be compared to SWG as it was the only other block buster Star Wars MMO.

Well, I said it would never happen, and it seems I was wrong, I'm man enough to admit that.

However, the fanboys in here are already so excited if they fart they will jump to lightspeed themselves, so if I may I offer some sage words of advice...

Check your expectations.

Now I'm not saying that SSSP will be bad, what I'm saying is that too many people are already blowing it WAY out of proportion on the basis of this very limited clip (given some of the comments here and on YouTube), to the point that it can only be a disappointment when it finally does launch (and we've been there before)

It's a terrible thing, but a pessimist is never disappointed.

Edited by jedip_enguin

I'm in the "wait and see, keep your expectations in check" boat here.

We just don't know the scale and the mechanics yet. I'm certainly not expecting full open world, completely free fight type stuff, more like an instanced battleground that will have a team playing against another team.

And to me that's fine, but I just know some people out there might be going crazy with high hopes of what it could turn out to be.

I'm... waiting. SSSP finally addressed, revealed, close to completion if not there already. There are so many possibilities that we really don't know what's what yet. It could be open world space, it could be 8v8 PvP, it could be open world PvP, it could work like flashpoints, operations, solo missions, board and sabotage missions. There are any number of directions it could go.

So in short, we mainly simply know that this is happening, it's finally nearing completion, and Bioware's got their sights aimed on winning everyone over with it. But probably the best part about the video, is that the only thing that we can say for sure from it is this: graphics are good, VO is good, gameplay looks pretty good too. Things like those are the frame on which any new type of gameplay is built. If your frame sucks, the mode will fall apart. And the bottom line is that it looks really solid from what we can see so far. Even if they don't add everything at the launch of SSSP that we would like, the fact is that they have the capability to add those gametypes onto a solid gameplay foundation. That's what matters.

IAnd to me that's fine, but I just know some people out there might be going crazy with high hopes of what it could turn out to be.

Yep that's why I posted what I did a few above, you just know the forums are going to be full of threads on launch day complaining 'ZOMG WHY CANT I EXPLORE SPACE, EA IS THE WURST COMPNT IN MURICA' and 'HOW COME ITS NO JTL? BW LIEDS TO US ALL!!!1!'

Maybe this means we can finally have those guild capital *****iiiiiiiips? *nudge nudge*

They've said a while back that guild ships are something they want to do some day. Whereas this they're already doing. Ergo Guild ships are not part of the SSSP.

I think it looks neat. Only bummer point for me is the fact republic arent getting any cooler Home One-esque capital ship. :p

I think this tease was overdue, people were getting silly ideas.

It's gonna be space pvp scenarios. Probably two teams duking it out which can destroy the others pve capital ship first. I'm optimistically expecting 2-3 scenarios.

What I am not expecting tho is a STO type galaxy view or any other form of "space exploration". Tho that'd be cool. Flying around the galaxy map, intercepting people and duking it out with personal ships. No no, I'm not doing this to myself. Space PvP warzones, that's all it is. And it is enough. :p

They've said a while back that guild ships are something they want to do some day. Whereas this they're already doing. Ergo Guild ships are not part of the SSSP.

I think it looks neat. Only bummer point for me is the fact republic arent getting any cooler Home One-esque capital ship. :p

I think this tease was overdue, people were getting silly ideas.

It's gonna be space pvp scenarios. Probably two teams duking it out which can destroy the others pve capital ship first. I'm optimistically expecting 2-3 scenarios.

What I am not expecting tho is a STO type galaxy view or any other form of "space exploration". Tho that'd be cool. Flying around the galaxy map, intercepting people and duking it out with personal ships. No no, I'm not doing this to myself. Space PvP warzones, that's all it is. And it is enough. :p

Uhh you actually think this is just gonna be space pvp scenario and only 2-3? Think real hard about what you just said. Bioware has most likely been working on this for well over a year. I wouldn't be surprised if it was in development near release as well. So that's almost 2 years working on this just for 2-3 pvp space scenario's? Nah that's totally way off. lol

It's ALOT more than that man. This is gonna be a major expansion pack as well, not just a patch. Also I'm bettin this is just a really really really short tease and it's still has alot to be completed and won't be out for almost another 1/2 a year if not longer, i'm guessin spring/summer 2014 for this.

Anyway i'm goin to bed, won't rspond till mornin, have a good night.

Uhh you actually think this is just gonna be space pvp scenario and only 2-3? Think real hard about what you just said. Bioware has most likely been working on this for well over a year. I wouldn't be surprised if it was in development near release as well. So that's almost 2 years working on this just for 2-3 pvp space scenario's? Nah that's totally way off. lol

It's ALOT more than that man. This is gonna be a major expansion pack as well, not just a patch. Also I'm bettin this is just a really really really short tease and it's still has alot to be completed and won't be out for almost another 1/2 a year if not longer, i'm guessin spring/summer 2014 for this.

Anyway i'm goin to bed, won't rspond till mornin, have a good night.

This is where hype backlash comes from.

I'd like to ring in if I could.

This looks promising. It is my hope they say NOTHING about it until it is just about ready to start testing.

I also hope it includes the following, though I would be happy with any aspects of the following at this point.

1) PVP mode where you choose fighters to duke it out with other players, and attack capital ships (while they fire on you).

2) The ability to land on ships and fight on foot against other players, attacking or defending key points in the capital ships, or man turrets to shoot at other players or capital ships.

3) PVE scenarios where you can do the same, except against NPC targets.

4) Ability to group up and go in as a group, fight as a group on foot.

Essentially Battlefront 2, PVE and PVP mode. It should be something that rages 24 hours a day instead of something that is instanced IMO, but again I would be happy with any iteration of this.

I'd like to ring in if I could.

This looks promising. It is my hope they say NOTHING about it until it is just about ready to start testing.

I also hope it includes the following, though I would be happy with any aspects of the following at this point.

1) PVP mode where you choose fighters to duke it out with other players, and attack capital ships (while they fire on you).

2) The ability to land on ships and fight on foot against other players, attacking or defending key points in the capital ships, or man turrets to shoot at other players or capital ships.

3) PVE scenarios where you can do the same, except against NPC targets.

4) Ability to group up and go in as a group, fight as a group on foot.

Essentially Battlefront 2, PVE and PVP mode. It should be something that rages 24 hours a day instead of something that is instanced IMO, but again I would be happy with any iteration of this.

Actually, I would rather they speak loud and clear on it now. That will squash all the overhype.

Regardless it already looks to be a vast improvement on the current space minigame. Looking forward to more details.

PvP/PvE or both?

Space loot?

Ship crafting?

Exotic ship chassis?

Customizable parts (laser color, missile effects, engine speed etc)

Explorable space sector or small instance?

New pilot reputation?

Thanks Bioware for that teaser though. It sure hit the spot for me :w_cool:

Great, it's just a warzone for space.

Well at least it's something, if barely what was begged for years before this game released.

Then again I could just be getting ahead of myself and they might actually add open world space, but that's kind of reaching out there at this point. Maybe, though. They have been spending a lot of time on this. Perhaps they'll develop it more, it'd be cool if you had your own Pilot talent tree and leveling system as well as a questline to progress through pilot ranks. Ship customization, etc.

Edited by Glumish