The Super Secret Space Project is revealed... or at least teased!

jasoneth

• Replies 341
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyone seen this yet? I mean, boo for not using our own ships, but huzzah for everything else!

http://www.swtor-spy.com/blog/1363/swtor-super-secret-space-project-part-2/

The mined images from that swtor-spy link give me a modicum of hope about the SSSP!

If the SSSP is patterned like War Thunder (and similar titles) I think it would add a huge new aspect of gameplay to SW:TOR. It would be even better if instead of just instanced matches (my speculation), that there could be some persistent results that would shape the in-game universe somehow. Give us something to fight for, other than just short-lived mini-matches that have no impact other than commendations, XP, or gear advancement.

Anyone seen this yet? I mean, boo for not using our own ships, but huzzah for everything else!

http://www.swtor-spy.com/blog/1363/swtor-super-secret-space-project-part-2/

i agree that it's disappointing, BUT.... if you think about it though, it gives you the chance to play any of the types of ships you want (rather than be restricted by class) and additionally be able to tell what type of ship you're fighting. as opposed to seeing the jedi ship, not knowing if it's a consular or knight and additionally not knowing if it's a bomber, striker, scout, etc. or being restricted in the type of ship you can fly based on your class.

another thing alleviating my concern is i really like the republic ship models (not so crazy on the imp ones though)

also, it looks like there's 5 different types of ships: infiltrator, scout, bomber, gunship, striker

i wonder how many of them will be usable by players. all of them?

i'm tired of speculating lol. i want this thing to release already.

Wow. Look at how many folks have looked at this thread.

Might be a clue as to how important this is to folks.

Bioware, my advice to you....keep this close to your vest until the ABSOLUTE LAST MOMENT you can. And I mean just before it hits testing on the PTS.

Also, keep it in PTS for a while, test it, listen to feedback and MAKE CHANGES BASED ON THAT FEEDBACK...put that in as part of the development cost.

This is a REALLY BIG DEAL. This one you have to get right.

Just my slant.

Don't hold your breath.

JTL had engine Y,P,R, engine speed, weapon refire rate, weapon effectiveness against armor and shields, booster speed & recharge rate, mass, and MANY other stats that made parts potentially quite unique and special.

CRAFTERS WERE ESSENTIAL TO THE SUCCESS OF JTL.

BioWare produces nothing unique. All parts will be identical cookie cutter copies of one another.

Not to mention JTL had POBs, gunships with multiple turrets, npc capitol ships, and the overall physics of the flight model. Quite the tall order for LOLThemeparkBioWareEA.

I'll pass.

BTW, I want my Tie Advanced, Tie Aggressor, and Tie Oppressor back. Oh, and my Decimator and Ye-4 too.

Will anyone ever remember the LOLviewfromrearonly SW:ToR ships in 10 years time?

Oh I think he could hold his breath and wait. I'm pretty sure you are going to buy it when it comes out because it is NOTHING like what we have now and you will completely surprised and overwhelmed with joy ;)

Also, keep it in PTS for a while, test it, listen to feedback and MAKE CHANGES BASED ON THAT FEEDBACK...put that in as part of the development cost.

RIGHT?! Just think of what you guys could accomplish if you did something productive with our money for once in your life.

I am very excited about the brief video that has been released and showed some footage about the upcoming space project. Please take the time to give all of us a full expansion if that is what this is to become for this game that has so much potential and would add longevity to this game.

I really hope that the developers will take the time to really give all of us the space game play that in my opinion is very much apart of the overall story of the conflict between the empire and the republic. It has been suggested that their will be PVP battles included which for some players that is ok with me and I really hope that they also equally give us players who are PvE have just as much to do and balance that out.

Having things for the single player to do sure would be nice also.

Really looking forward to no longer be limited by traveling on rails and hope that this will be gone when this is released. I really strongly believe that the current space combat system needs an overhaul. While it may be true that some may like the rails combat as it is, I do not and never have. I just do not see the benefits of not having control of where I want to go, which targets I want to engage in against, and if I want to stay in the battle or leave the combat area and the freedom to fly where they want to. Players who play the game must be given that choice which we do not have. I would also like to see them give us players the ability to join up in a group of players to engage in a battle against a larger enemy much like a heroic or flashpoint similar to the planet side missions.

I am very excited about the brief video that has been released and showed some footage about the upcoming space project. Please take the time to give all of us a full expansion if that is what this is to become for this game that has so much potential and would add longevity to this game.

I really hope that the developers will take the time to really give all of us the space game play that in my opinion is very much apart of the overall story of the conflict between the empire and the republic. It has been suggested that their will be PVP battles included which for some players that is ok with me and I really hope that they also equally give us players who are PvE have just as much to do and balance that out.

Having things for the single player to do sure would be nice also.

Really looking forward to no longer be limited by traveling on rails and hope that this will be gone when this is released. I really strongly believe that the current space combat system needs an overhaul. While it may be true that some may like the rails combat as it is, I do not and never have. I just do not see the benefits of not having control of where I want to go, which targets I want to engage in against, and if I want to stay in the battle or leave the combat area and the freedom to fly where they want to. Players who play the game must be given that choice which we do not have. I would also like to see them give us players the ability to join up in a group of players to engage in a battle against a larger enemy much like a heroic or flashpoint similar to the planet side missions.

I dont think they will change the current missions though. Thats my personal opinion and just my gut feeling on it

Fairly certain that's Oricron

It's not Oricon. Oricon is finished and on the PTS. When a lead writer finishes something and is under NDA to talk about it, you're looking at something that has another several months of work to go on it.

try this instead

I've already seen it, I've been following Reddit. Be careful though, I don't think they like datamined stuff being posted here.

Edited by chuixupu

I would like to see some changes to the current space combat feature as well.

I'm getting the vibe that this is going to be a "daily" kind of deal and be PVP based. I'm stoked about it coming, but a bit concerned about it being limited in this way, IE as a flashpoint or operation.

That locks out access to it for most of the game's player IMO. IMO it should be easily approachable, like the current space combat feature.