awesome job bioware for caving to the l33t stun loving pvpers

astrobearx

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I have to admit, sometimes it does feel that way. But in this case there were some great points made by our veteran PvP crowd and we decided to hold the change back to a later version in order to address those points. In the end PTS is exactly for getting this type of feedback. As for the tone of the responses, I think it's ultimately our fault for not communicating enough. We have made big strides here but there is still plenty of room for improvement. We'll keep pushing ourselves to do better, with the goal of making the forums a better place for all.

Come on Bruce, you know the pvp crowd better than that. They're a bunch of crazed social misanthropes that engage in real life pvp everyday. Heard of road rage?

Easy fix to getting stunlocked in PvP:

Don't PvP. It's really for the skill-free, after all. Come do Ops, where you can work for your rewards.

I never considered pinatas to be work when I was a kid.

But in this case there were some great points made by our veteran PvP crowd and we decided to hold the change back to a later version in order to address those points.

Bruce, respectfully, you listened to the ZERO skill crowd who use (and abuse) stuns and CCs to ruin the PvP experience for the majority of players, who welcomed the proposed change so long as you fixed the /stuck exploit.

Have your team stop being lazy, fix the /stuck bug, and make the change.

The /stuck bug/exploit has existed for a rather long time. How is it not fixed or even mentioned as an exploit? How is it even possible that you can't make /stuck remove the player from the WZ? How is it you can't have /stuck move the player to the respawn area and give him a 1 minute stunned debuff? Or how about a 1 minute -50% on all actions debuff so you make using the /stuck command so undesirable that it is your last resort? How is it that none of these things have even been suggested/tested?

How is there STILL so much CC in PvP? Who thinks it's fun to sit and stare at the screen while you're stunned and killed before you can do a single thing? What kind of player enjoys this? Maybe start a poll. Ask who thinks there is too much CC in the game. I'll bet you lunch that 90% of players will say too much CC is still in the game.

This proposed change was going to represent a small, minor step in the right direction to fix PvP which has been horribly broken since launch and instead of doing the right thing and making the change you listened to a crowd of ZERO SKILL CC junkies that cried louder than the rest of us that were silently thinking to ourselves, "Thank goodness, a small step in the right direction."

I'm sorry but whomever made this decision, please step forward and claim it so I can add you to my list of disappointing decision makers that work for EA/Bioware.

/disgusted and unhappy

Don't PvP. It's really for the skill-free, after all. Come do Ops, where you can work for your rewards.

lawl@trollpost

The only work you have to do to run an Ops is watch a boss kill video on YouTube. Maybe you watch it twice if you are really dense and don't understand basic MMO raid mechanics. Then go execute your class's role in the fight. That's some brow-beating, bloodletting stuff right there. hahaha

Easy fix to getting stunlocked in PvP:

I heard scripted fights are hard, can you confirm or deny?

Bruce, respectfully, you listened to the ZERO skill crowd who use (and abuse) stuns and CCs to ruin the PvP experience for the majority of players, who welcomed the proposed change so long as you fixed the /stuck exploit.

lulz

This proposed change was going to represent a small, minor step in the right direction to fix PvP which has been horribly broken since launch and instead of doing the right thing and making the change you listened to a crowd of ZERO SKILL CC junkies that cried louder than the rest of us that were silently thinking to ourselves, "Thank goodness, a small step in the right direction."

CC and resolve worked fine at launch. The only major issue were operatives which good ones could kill you in one duration and that was fixed, other than that there was no issue with how CC and resolve worked other than the fact that no one knew how it worked.

Have your team stop being lazy, fix the /stuck bug, and make the change.

The /stuck bug/exploit has existed for a rather long time. How is it not fixed or even mentioned as an exploit? How is it even possible that you can't make /stuck remove the player from the WZ? How is it you can't have /stuck move the player to the respawn area and give him a 1 minute stunned debuff? Or how about a 1 minute -50% on all actions debuff so you make using the /stuck command so undesirable that it is your last resort? How is it that none of these things have even been suggested/tested?

How is there STILL so much CC in PvP? Who thinks it's fun to sit and stare at the screen while you're stunned and killed before you can do a single thing? What kind of player enjoys this? Maybe start a poll. Ask who thinks there is too much CC in the game. I'll bet you lunch that 90% of players will say too much CC is still in the game.

I'm sorry but whomever made this decision, please step forward and claim it so I can add you to my list of disappointing decision makers that work for EA/Bioware.

/disgusted and unhappy

And another player who doesn't understand PvP mechanics....no wonder the Devs get confused...

I'll add you to my baddie list.

And another player who doesn't understand PvP mechanics....no wonder the Devs get confused...

Lol, /agree. I was going to comment on it, but that works.

I still don't understand the whole "stunfest." I'll be the first to admit I'm no hero with PvP -- and I don't do it incredibly often -- but I never feel like I'm taking part in a stunfest. Unless, of course, I'm trying to take on 4 people at a time by myself. . . in which case, I should be torn to shreds =)

Please enlighten me of "Forum Warrior" of PvP.

Maybe spend some more time in game actually PvPing and less time on the forums being insulting and trolling.

Thanks.

Lol, /agree. I was going to comment on it, but that works.

I still don't understand the whole "stunfest." I'll be the first to admit I'm no hero with PvP -- and I don't do it incredibly often -- but I never feel like I'm taking part in a stunfest. Unless, of course, I'm trying to take on 4 people at a time by myself. . . in which case, I should be torn to shreds =)

I hate to be so dang rude about it, but since Bruce has commented as to the "why" this change wasn't implemented, and of course other posts detailing more info. on that, it baffles me to see posts like that.

Makes me sad. :(

Edited by Pistols

/disgusted and unhappy

What exactly is the "ZERO skill crowd"? The players who understood that this change would ruin Voidstar? The ones who know how the system could be abused?

If you think this would have been the "right change", you're wrong...be upset all you like, but you're mistaken.

Please enlighten me of "Forum Warrior" of PvP.

Maybe spend some more time in game actually PvPing and less time on the forums being insulting and trolling.

Thanks.

How about you learning how to read, for example, this thread and the one on the PTS. Don't even use the "insulting" excuse either, when you type baseless accusations on others who understand the PvP aspect more than you will ever grasp. Try me, I'm game.

I can stunlock you on the forums all day if you wish.

Edited by Pistols

How about you learning how to read, for example, this thread and the one on the PTS. Don't even use the "insulting" excuse either, when you type baseless accusations on others who understand the PvP aspect more than you will ever grasp. Try me, I'm game.

lmao....

Ugh. They have to do something. PVP is such a stun fest that I can't do it anymore. My guess is they only have a couple people they actually listen too.

Dude, I think most players agree 100% with this, I certainly do!! But the change they were about to make, would have been more damaging than good. CC's are a problem...their 1st idea at fixing that problem, was not a good one.

Excuse me, but - with all due respect - is it really a good decision to listen to them ?

- They don't play Lowbie PvP and "Midbie" PvP

- They usually are the "Pro's" - thus they don't know of the unbelievably hard time lowbies have - especially in those low levels where most of the skills which the Veterans use, are just not there

- Which leads me to the question : Do Veterans actually KNOW how PvP plays as a Lowbie ? I doubt that - or at least I'm sure that they've forgotten these things.

- Another point unadressed is this - PvP Veterans surely don't know how these things affect PvE, I fear.

These are the thoughts going through my mind after reading your response.

wat

Having stun breakers reset, or not reset, upon death changes nothing in PvE. In fact, when it comes to endgame PvE, there are only a few instances where stun breakers are really useful. I say this as a sage healer with full BiS Underworld gear, who runs/clears TfB HM and S&V HM every week.

Also something to keep in mind: I am a hardcore PvEer but I PvP daily. I have a PvE and PvP set. Not all hardcore players only do one or the other.

Edited by Radzkie

I'd quit doing ops if they removed CC's. They are ESSENTIAL. Try doing the adds and mini-boss after Thrasher in S&V without them.....good luck. :D

If you don't like it, go play another game.

Dude, I think most players agree 100% with this, I certainly do!! But the change they were about to make, would have been more damaging than good. CC's are a problem...their 1st idea at fixing that problem, was not a good one.

I don't see any problem with CC's and the way things are.

Edited by DarthVengeant

Leave resolve bar how it is and put a 30 second immunity to stuns, roots, knockbacks in our cc breaker skill... you use it and are immune to the just mentioned effects...

Plain and simple... don't need to reduce cooldows or over think this crap.

In lotro they dealt with this problem just putting an immunity to you for 7 to 10 seconds after suffering a stun... so you couldn't be chain stunned to death in pvp.

With the amount of skills players have to stun, root, knockback, etc, i think a 15 second immunity would be better in our case...

The more civil response!! :p

Tux is my nicer ego forum handle person go-to guy!!

I've read most (probably all) several times. Feel free to toss out your top 5 points. How about just your top 3 PvP breaking points that the proposed change would force onto the game?

Let me predict your "Forum Warrior" response to try to "Stun lock" me on the forum.. You'll either a. - Come back with some short poorly thought out response that insults me, or b. - Cite some poor example from page 22 of a thread that no one cares about, or c. - Make some debasing and insulting comment about "LOL noob I PvP all day everyday L2P I'm more 1337 than you LOL k bai."

Like I said. Make your case, admit I'm right, or just be silent.

Thanks.

In lotro they dealt with this problem just putting an immunity to you for 7 to 10 seconds after suffering a stun... so you couldn't be chain stunned to death in pvp.

With the amount of skills players have to stun, root, knockback, etc, i think a 15 second immunity would be better in our case...

How about a 5 minute immunity? =)

Stuns have no place in PvP in my opinion.

Please, tell me how you feel ANY change to Resolve would impact PvE? Or even a reduction on the timer for the CC break? Or taking less damage while CC'd? How would ANY of those changes, negatively impact PvE?

Hey TUXs, I just wanted to address this point, and I think sometimes the serious pvp'ers who don't pve much may miss how many tools we use in pve. Changes to resolve aren't an issue, but the cc break, taking less damage while cc'd - yeah, those absolutely will affect pve. There are plenty of times when you get stunned in pve and have to judge when or if to use your stun break and mitigate taking damage while stunned (bonus boss in Hammer Station is an easy example). Ccs, both casting and breaking, are absolutely a part of pve, and if they're going to make a general change to them it will affect pve.

Now, if you were going to say take less damage *from players* while stunned then I could see that one not affecting pve. Just my two cents, and I'll leave the advanced pvp strategizing to the experts ;)

Edited by iamthehoyden