awesome job bioware for caving to the l33t stun loving pvpers

astrobearx

I would certainly agree with this. The PvP in this game is a freaking blast!!! The lack of variety is what's hurting...5 wz's...that's all we have...and in 4 of those, the most important job is doing NOTHING while guarding a node/pylon/door/turret. NOBODY PvPs to guard something...nobody!

Yeah, it's why if I have no one really, really deserving of my vote, I give it to the guy who sits there for the warzone, in stealth, and guards the node.

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I would certainly agree with this. The PvP in this game is a freaking blast!!! The lack of variety is what's hurting...5 wz's...that's all we have...and in 4 of those, the most important job is doing NOTHING while guarding a node/pylon/door/turret. NOBODY PvPs to guard something...nobody!

I don't mind guarding nodes but only because I am good at it and don't trust someone else to do it. Though it does get old after a while I have probably solo guarded thousands of warzones.

I don't mind guarding nodes but only because I am good at it and don't trust someone else to do it. Though it does get old after a while I have probably solo guarded thousands of warzones.

This x infinity!

What I find hilarious is when PvE or RP folk like yourself, feel the need to comment on the "balance" of PvP. Truthfully, the balance isn't all that bad right now. They're within a few tweaks of having a helluva well balanced system. Healing is a bit OP when combined with guard and a few DPS specs (Commando/Merc) could use a slight buff, but overall, the balance is relatively good.

Small rant:

You're right. It needs some tweaks, but overall its not that bad.

Resolve 1.4 would go a long way to stop Stunfest 2013, a few DPS classes have balance issues, making healers easier to be killed or lower their output, and fix the bolster bugs/exploits. With those, a lot of the valid QQ would be gone, and we'd mostly be down to "Need more variety" "QQ premades" (Fixable sadly) "OMG Hackers" and "I don't like X due to my opinion." The pros and the joes who are informed mostly have nearly the same complaints (and compliments).

I think the PvP fans (Not just the pros, but the joes too) are frustrated that core aspects of the system don't work well, and there are some balance issues.

From a business perspective, I'm utterly confused why they haven't given such core, and in some cases simple issues more attention. Say you made hammers for a living. If the heads were wobbly, the wood was splintery, and the nail pull was too sharp and hurting people - but you could still hammer in nails - would you fix that, or at least address your customers concerns and speak about that you're committed to fixing that in X term time?

Not that most of the MMO industry is much better (hell, 2 out of 3 of my RL friends who work in the Industry complain about it too), but I think some of us with real jobs in the world look upon the responsiveness of the companies that make these products and shake our heads. Also most of you would be told to **** with how you treat the employees in other industries. Pistols is about the limit of tolerance. Hell McDonalds would throw many of you out.

Edited by Maelael

The Secret World called and said to say you're wrong :D

As much as I love that game (and I like it a good bit more than this one), and as much I think pvp is totally borked right now because of their laughable bolster system at 55 (how many months now?), TSW's PVP is much, much worse :eek:

Sadly, that's true :(

Although I wouldn't limit it to PVP. That whole game was a huge disappointment. Such a missed chance to create something unique...

Edited by TheNahash

I have to admit, sometimes it does feel that way. But in this case there were some great points made by our veteran PvP crowd and we decided to hold the change back to a later version in order to address those points.

Excuse me, but - with all due respect - is it really a good decision to listen to them ?

- They don't play Lowbie PvP and "Midbie" PvP

- They usually are the "Pro's" - thus they don't know of the unbelievably hard time lowbies have - especially in those low levels where most of the skills which the Veterans use, are just not there

- Which leads me to the question : Do Veterans actually KNOW how PvP plays as a Lowbie ? I doubt that - or at least I'm sure that they've forgotten these things.

- Another point unadressed is this - PvP Veterans surely don't know how these things affect PvE, I fear.

These are the thoughts going through my mind after reading your response.

Edited by AlrikFassbauer

Excuse me, but - with all due respect - is it really a good decision to listen to them ?

- They usually are the "Pro's" - thus they don't know of the unbelievably hard time lowbies have - especially in those low levels where most of the skills which the Veterans use, are just not there

- Which leads me to the question : Do Veterans actually KNOW how PvP plays as a Lowbie ? I doubt that - or at least I'm sure that they've forgotten these things.

- Another point unadressed is this - PvP Veterans surely don't know how these things affect PvE, I fear.

Every player who PvP's plays in lowbies, they roll alts for buffs and other options and most hate missions. Lowbies are terrible but that has nothing to do with CC, just the masses of players who don't have a clue. As far as PvE nothing is effecting since nothing has changed and if they were to change resolve and not control that would not effect anything but PvP.

Umm, how is lowbie PvP any different than end game PvP, in regards to the reversal of this issue? Nothing.

Also, the issue at hand has no bearing on PvE, at all.

Small rant:

You're right. It needs some tweaks, but overall its not that bad.

Resolve 1.4 would go a long way to stop Stunfest 2013, a few DPS classes have balance issues, making healers easier to be killed or lower their output, and fix the bolster bugs/exploits. With those, a lot of the valid QQ would be gone, and we'd mostly be down to "Need more variety" "QQ premades" (Fixable sadly) "OMG Hackers" and "I don't like X due to my opinion." The pros and the joes who are informed mostly have nearly the same complaints (and compliments).

I think the PvP fans (Not just the pros, but the joes too) are frustrated that core aspects of the system don't work well, and there are some balance issues.

From a business perspective, I'm utterly confused why they haven't given such core, and in some cases simple issues more attention. Say you made hammers for a living. If the heads were wobbly, the wood was splintery, and the nail pull was too sharp and hurting people - but you could still hammer in nails - would you fix that, or at least address your customers concerns and speak about that you're committed to fixing that in X term time?

Not that most of the MMO industry is much better (hell, 2 out of 3 of my RL friends who work in the Industry complain about it too), but I think some of us with real jobs in the world look upon the responsiveness of the companies that make these products and shake our heads. Also most of you would be told to **** with how you treat the employees in other industries. Pistols is about the limit of tolerance. Hell McDonalds would throw many of you out.

Good post. Worth the read :)

Really?

Because I'm a very casual PvPer. I do it every now and again, but not often. I've maybe played 2 dozen games at 55, and 3-4 dozen in lower level brackets while leveling alts.

I agree 100% with everything pointed out about how bad the stunbreak-reset could've been. Too much potential for abuse. It was meant to be a bandaid for the real issue, and it was a "used" bandaid at that. I'd much rather they hold off, brainstorm some more, and do more testing BEFORE releasing crap like that.

You know -- treat it the was bolster SHOULD'VE been treated -- not how it actually was treated.

What?! lol...dude, we ALL played/play lowbie PvP. I have toons in all 3 brackets.

And honestly, "lowbie" PvP is such a short span of your time...to design ANYTHING around the leveling game, would be foolish.

And please enlighten me...where have you ever had full Resolve in PvE? I split my time equally between PvP and PvE (fully geared in 69/72 Arkanian/UW armor), and I've NEVER had my Resolve bar move in PvE...EVER! Please, tell me how you feel ANY change to Resolve would impact PvE? Or even a reduction on the timer for the CC break? Or taking less damage while CC'd? How would ANY of those changes, negatively impact PvE?

Ya know, obviously it WAS a good idea to listen to us since you seem to be clueless about what the topic/issue is.

Edited by TUXs

They need to find a way to disable all these ccs except snares/slows IMO. Disable all the ccs for pvp while still having them available to pvers. This way, it won't screw pve, it'll only screw or benefit pvp depending on your opinion if CCs should be there or not. I'm willing to bet it'll do both to pvp tho. PvE won't be effected at all if they find a way to do this.

Players don't need Bioware if they want to reduce stuns in pvp. They can just stop using it and problem will be solved very fast.

Right. We also don't need 3 tiers of difficulty in Ops, since players could just take off gear until it became harder...right?

Players don't need Bioware if they want to reduce stuns in pvp. They can just stop using it and problem will be solved very fast.

so all the stubborn people in the world would suddenly stop using CCs in a second?

Right. We also don't need 3 tiers of difficulty in Ops, since players could just take off gear until it became harder...right?

Good idea. You have some potential. Maybe BW should hire you as community manager :-)

Good idea. You have some potential. Maybe BW should hire you as community manager :-)

You know what I can't stand? When you buy a bag of Salt and Vinegar potato chips and they don't have any vinegar on them so they just taste like burnt, salted potato flakes. Someone at Herr's should be fired.

Ahh, apparently Bioware is arbitrarily deleting posts. I guess someone needs to act like they're earning a paycheck.

Edited by Genocidalx

My view on the subject is I'm in no rush for a change to ccs but eventually to disable ccs except snares/slows would be nice.

No stuns would require a total overhaul in class balance...and I mean total.

No stuns would require a total overhaul in class balance...and I mean total.

That's true, considering different classes/specs have a different number of ccs. Its already really balanced currently, and it'll be hectic for BW devs to figure how to do it.

Easy fix to getting stunlocked in PvP:

Don't PvP. It's really for the skill-free, after all. Come do Ops, where you can work for your rewards.

An easier fix is play a different game if your that bothered by it.