awesome job bioware for caving to the l33t stun loving pvpers

astrobearx

It would be nice if this thread didn't disintegrate into a pve vs. pvp argument. Both require skill. They're merely different skill sets. I'll also say that the time (albeit limited) that I've spent healing in pvp has made me a better healer in pve.

Yeah lets not get this thread closed. If you have no intention to PvP or maybe casually play a handful of warzones each week then thats fine, but don't hate on the players who do this day in and day out.

That would be like me going into the PvE forum and telling people how boss fights work.

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

And the reason for this is because, a well geared, skilled player can knock you down with an opener, thread in another ability, then stun you for 4 seconds and use 3 more abilities to kill you before you can act. This makes you completely powerless, unable to do anything as you sit there and die. Oh and if the stunner has some alacrity to reduce their GCD time.. yeah. Toast. That's wrong and that's game breaking.

The point of this thread was to object to the removal of the CC break reset from death. While this doesn't solve the "stun locked to death" problem it will reduce the number of times it happens, which is a start.

This also assumes the dev team actually fixes the /stuck exploit in WZs which they refuse to even call an exploit, much less fix. The fact they won't even tackle the problem is what really makes me disgusted.

So in response to all the people that claim the CC break reset on death will break PvP I say no it won't. Exploiting the /stuck feature has helped to make PvP horribly unfun for a while and this will continue that trend. Instead of helping to correct the issue of too much CC in the game with a permanent fix (read make Resolve useful) they suggested a slight fix of making the CC break reset on death because (sorry dev team) they're lazy or lack understanding of their own PvP system at competitive levels.

Of course people exploiting (using /stuck) will now get a greater advantage for using that exploit. So instead of just fixing the exploit in the first place, they've decided to remove a small, marginal, minor change to help the real problem. Far too much CC.

Funny, this must be why I only die 0-4 times in almost all of my warzones.

Thank you for proving that only the profiteers from a certain mechanic are going to defend it.

I do believe now that you really like the stunning as it is now. I'm sure that you were one of those who were against the cancelled implementation. Because you profit from how it is now.

I bet you don't have any clue how PvE works in SWTOR.

You are a good candidate for these stories : "The weird people you meet in Group Finder"

I'll start out with no offense intended.

How does any one person profit from a mechanic more than someone else? Perhaps a class does, but seeing as he is a GS/Sniper, I haven't heard too many complaints about being stunlocked by them.

Stuns have no place in PvE, that's why Bosses are not CCable. Mezzes for trash, sure, but no one complains about being mezzed to death in PvP. You clearly have no clue what you're talking about.

The only people for this change are the ones who use their CC breaker improperly. You might be for this change if you:

- Have ever used your CC breaker on a root or snare

- Have ever used your CC breaker in the middle of nowhere in a fight that you couldn't win

- Have ever ran into a 1v6 at a node and been surprised when you were stunlocked to death

- Have ever used your CC breaker prior to having full resolve while guarding a node with no one capping yet

- Have ever stunned someone at full resolve

- Have never gotten an objective point on purpose in a warzone

It would be nice if this thread didn't disintegrate into a pve vs. pvp argument. Both require skill. They're merely different skill sets. I'll also say that the time (albeit limited) that I've spent healing in pvp has made me a better healer in pve.

^ The voice of reason. I'd like to spam this in every pve v. pvp poo-slinging debate.

The CC break change was to improve the enjoyment of PvP.

Wrong.

I'm sure that you were one of those who were against the cancelled implementation. Because you profit from how it is now.

Wrong.

OPs are about skill, PvP is about beating players who do not have expertise gear then tea-bagging them while running a keyboard macro full of insults.

Wrong.

The change they were going to make would have had a net NEGATIVE impact on PvP for everyone.

One thing I think most of us agree on is that CC's are FAR too prevalent and used in WZ's, to the complete frustration of MANY!

Rather than attacking each other, offer YOUR solution that wouldn't have a negative impact of PvP or PvE.

Mine: 50-75% damage reduction while stunned. Leave the CC's as they are, simply implement this. CC's should be used to slow, stop or escape, not kill!

Thank you for proving that only the profiteers from a certain mechanic are going to defend it.

No, the players defending the reversal understood how PvP mechanics work as well as the impact it has on gameplay; honestly those "few PvP'ers" are trying to make PvP enjoyable for everyone and not just themselves, which includes you.

I do believe now that you really like the stunning as it is now. I'm sure that you were one of those who were against the cancelled implementation. Because you profit from how it is now.

I have said several times this week that the amount of stuns (and the countless ways to control players) is a bit much, and like many around here would like to see the Resolve mechanic have more of an impact in decreasing said control. And yes, I was against the change for good reason, and it had nothing to do with me getting something out of it.

I bet you don't have any clue how PvE works in SWTOR.

I honeslty do not, because IMO that gameplay doesn't excite me. I prefer a challenge in which nothing is "scripted" and where you need to react fast to the many tactics that are employed in PvP. However, having said that, I don't have any issues with PvE it's just not something I find remotely challenging. It also has nothing to do with this topic.

You are a good candidate for these stories : "The weird people you meet in Group Finder"

Thanks for the support, I also enjoy private moments up in my Yacht.

Thank you for your feedback.

Edited by Pistols

• 2 weeks later...
I have to admit, sometimes it does feel that way. But in this case there were some great points made by our veteran PvP crowd and we decided to hold the change back to a later version in order to address those points. In the end PTS is exactly for getting this type of feedback. As for the tone of the responses, I think it's ultimately our fault for not communicating enough. We have made big strides here but there is still plenty of room for improvement. We'll keep pushing ourselves to do better, with the goal of making the forums a better place for all.

I commend the devs for listening to the community. No one likes excessive stuns but this was not the answer and would have obviated many fun and legit tactics like stuns/mezzes to allow the cap on Voidstar or Alderaan.