The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Summer of SWTOR

BruceMaclean

Now that I think of it - underworld will become craftable because 2.2 might introduce a new tier...

And the scrolling UV... It looks like the armor will have moving stuff on it ;-/

Maybe we can run ads on the back of our armor for CM stuff and earn CC in the process.

<YourAdHere!>

• Replies 749
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yep, it's the subs spending the most coins on the cartel market. What makes you think 'Free to Play' players will want to spend dime? They can't afford to pay $15 for a sub, yet alone spend real money? I agree, you need to reasses your thoughts.

Its the subscribers buying the hypercrates and stuff. If those leaves, so does the profit :)

Well, that was actually a surprise since it does not follow standard market norms.

Usually F2P revenue is much higher. If it is to be assumed they meant revenue then that means this game is the general exception to the rule.

Along with putting all your eggs in one basket for august, why would you release a new event at the same time you are putting out a bunch of new content? Events should be in between the content updates to keep people playing! Did you not learn anything from 1.2 and how poorly that was handled. Giant gaps of nothing substantial kills the community. You lose over a million players during that period because of these long gaps of content.

I think this is all awesome personally and I'm not sure why some people are being ******s about it. These sound like some really great things incoming for SWTOR, thanks again guys.

It really discourages me to play when I read this kind of news. Devs seems to think PvPers should be excited for a patch that'll happen months and months from now when it should have happened a long time ago.

It honestly looks like they didn't have anything on track for PvP and, due to the massive complaints PvP-wise, stipulated a far date to prepare a new crap warzone and call it a pvp patch.

Ofc that's just and solely my opinion and how I feel about this news. Sorry to grizzle here, but this is very very discouraging to me. PvP was clearly forgotten and they are trying to hide this fact behing this kind of news.

Edited by Capote

because we aren’t going to release anything unless we feel it is ready to go live

That's a joke right?

I laughed pretty hard, so I want to be sure.

So NiM modes are the extent of our "new" content from now on. Gee, how exciting to do the same operations for more months on end.....

I think this is all awesome personally and I'm not sure why some people are being ******s about it. These sound like some really great things incoming for SWTOR, thanks again guys.

If your endgame was PvP driven, you would have a better understanding of the frustration...

pre-season for the win!!!!

You know, PvP itself in SW:TOR is SO great, really enjoyable and I've had epic fights here (more than at any other game actually), but they are not tapping the full potential here! So sad...

Edited by Arturioss

Along with putting all your eggs in one basket for august, why would you release a new event at the same time you are putting out a bunch of new content? Events should be in between the content updates to keep people playing! Did you not learn anything from 1.2 and how poorly that was handled. Giant gaps of nothing substantial kills the community. You lose over a million players during that period because of these long gaps of content.

8 week patch / update cycle.

• June 11 - 2.2
  • July 9 (+4 weeks; off / mid cycle patch) NiM TFB
  • July 23 (+6 weeks; off / mid cycle) Gree @ 55
  • August 6 (+8 weeks exactly) 2.3

They just re-committed to meeting the expectation they set and they've added a few morsels in between. If your expectations are something other than 8 weeks between patches / updates, how did you set those expectations?

I am honestly curious what you feel is so awesome about these updates.... In relation to the time frame it has taken them or will take them to roll out?

This is an honest question.

Good bye.. Hasnt been fun anymore..and tired of guildies disappearing in every guild ive been in since launch and having to start progression over all the time..to gear new toons who just leveled.. for them to leave and start the process over again...what a waste of my time since launch .

8 week patch / update cycle.

• June 11 - 2.2
  • July 9 (+4 weeks; off / mid cycle patch) NiM TFB
  • July 23 (+6 weeks; off / mid cycle) Gree @ 55
  • August 6 (+8 weeks exactly) 2.3

They just re-committed to meeting the expectation they set and they've added a few morsels in between. If your expectations are something other than 8 weeks between patches / updates, how did you set those expectations?

I don't think it is the expectation of the 8 week cycle... I think it is the expectation of actual "new" content and the lack there of...... also the total lack of new pvp content.

By the way guys...here is an example of a scrolling UV.

Starfield (scrolling UV)

It will be interesting to see how they apply this tech to the UV sets.

That's pretty. Will be interesting to see if it's the same concept or if they're using the term to mean something different. Also, my second reaction after "it's pretty" was "oh god, I hope this doesn't cause more graphical loading issues" :)

Really? You farmed all HM's enough to get the token enchancements as well because the Ultimate Comm versions are not BiS enchancements. It's possible, but only if you were running with an alt group and shuttling all your gear via legacy to your main.

...Um...what? lol. No, it wasn't/isn't impossible. I didn't use alts. One of my armorings is the vender ultimate com one, but that's out of choice since there's no (5) set bonus. If you don't believe me, shoot me a PM and I'll send you my username/server info to inspect me, or give me a second to upload screen shots here.

Anyway, on topic, I'm sure they'll deliver lots of PvP content in 2.4 since we've been waiting so long. Optimism ftw.

Edited by Radzkie

I don't think it is the expectation of the 8 week cycle... I think it is the expectation of actual "new" content and the lack there of...... also the total lack of new pvp content.

2.2 and 2.3 aren't new content? Granted 2.3 seems a lot bigger...

Yes, the delay for PvP content is disturbing.

I also find 2.2 really disappointing.

I'm not even a hardcore PVPer and I fully understand why people who focus mainly on that aspect of the game would feel like Bioware doesn't care about them at all.

PVErs got Makeb, new daily and weekly quests, the seeker droid, a new operation, older FPs in HM, new gear etc.

All PVPers got is new gear and the same warzones. I'm sick of them and I don't even PVP that much.

The game is starting to feel like only Raiders have something to look forward to.

The rest of us (PVErs who don't raid anymore and casual/hardcore PVPers) are supposed to wait 3 months for something new? That's too long especially during a period when people have time off work and school and could play more.

I realize this is mainly a PVE game, but I think that focusing solely on Operations is a mistake.

I'd also like to say that I appreciate the communication and the fact that they are telling us what's coming not only in the next patch but also after that, but for the first time since launch I feel like there is very little for me to wait for (and they are all in August) and I'm considering cancelling my subscription.

I wonder: when the OP was written, did the community team expect to be showered in kudos?

They were probably intending it to be a big player morale boost announcement heading into a long weekend and after a couple weeks of 2.1 debacles.

I'm not a big PVPer, so the lack of news for them isn't hitting me hard, but I've read the post a couple times and still say meh for some reason.

Gggrrrr they finally communicate but it's exactly not what most players want to occur or what seems to have been promoted previously. No PvP updates is an erroneous mistake. How they could be this blind and think just saying after Aug will be a PvP update wouldn't cause huge backlash amongst PvPers is beyond me.

It's sad for those of us that love PvP and really want to play swtor but the more PvPers that leave and no cross server queuing thus eventually leads to high queue times and less and less PvPers. I can't see anyway they would possibly want to lose this faction of players as we spend hundreds on CM items as well per player.

The foresite and care for their players is extremely poor right now, showing not much has changed. It's a relationship between the game and players that is driven by those in charge and they apparently under estimate players ability to swap games or decided enough is enough no more being mislead or bring strung along and that point is coming.