Summer of SWTOR

BruceMaclean

• Replies 749
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This isn’t an exhaustive list, and we are also working on some longer term stuff. Sometimes we have been averse to discussing specific dates well in advance, because we aren’t going to release anything unless we feel it is ready to go live and we don’t want to upset folks if we move a date back. Well I think we should just tell you what date the teams are shooting for, and if we don’t hit them we’ll just tell you why. Radical thinking, I know.

I like this policy. Thank you for the roadmap.

Also, for those who are curious about the next updates to PvP, I will just say… apart from minor tweaks (like stunbreak abilities cooldown being reset on death in 2.2) you should look forward to Game Update 2.4. /rubshands

1.6 was the last time we had any kind of PvP content. no, a new gear grind is not content; its a hamster wheel to keep folks playing while you dont add content. the gree event is not PvP content; its PvE content in a PvP zone (by that logic Black Hole and Section X are PvP content, which they are not).

1.6 was in december. assuming the dates in this post are all hit, late september/early october is the target date for 2.4.

9-10 months. that is how long it will have been since any real PvP content has been added. it has already eclipsed a year for Ranked Pre-Season 1; this news guarantees it will be at least 1yr+9-10 months in total before there is a chance for that to be addressed.

and if 2.4 is a new warzone, be prepared to lose another chunk of subs. we have 5 warzones already; how about you add some dynamic, open world objective PvP? ya know, that makes it feel like we are actually in a GALAXY WIDE WAR?

in that time, we've seen how much PvE content added? :rolleyes:

Edited by cashogy_reborn

After listening to the PvP'ers... yeah... I feel them. Something new needs to be added for them. Another WZ and something probably a way to queue for a single WZ instead of queing for all.

And I'd like to make suggestion. It's something Rift did. Rift had weekend bonuses where there would be a certain WZ that would actually change a bit during that weekend. It was the same map, but the objectives were slightly different. For example, there's a CTF version, but on special weekends it was instead a race to capture the items from the middle... first to put 3 at their base node would win. See? Slightly different mechanics. Same maps so shouldn't be too hard to change. And those special maps would get bonus valor and comms earned.

And the fact that you could queue specifically for single maps means everyone was playing those maps on the weekends. It actually was a lot of fun.

Throw in cross-server que'ing and limiting que's to 2 people, if 3+ people que'd they were put into Premade que's where they faced groups that also had 3+ people que.

Those 4 things:

1 - Special WZ weekends with tweaked mechanics

2 - Bonus rewards for those special WZ's

3 - Cross-server que'ing

4 - Preventing premade groups from que'ing as easily together

... would probably boost this game up a bit. At least, in my viewpoint... what do the pvper's say about that? Would they like this if this was implemented in 2.2?

I like this policy. Thank you for the roadmap.

While I've always viewed that as what they were doing -- if this is seriously the only stuff they have on the roadmap, there is a huge problem.

As a well known "white knight" -- I will probably move on from the game unless 2.2 brings much more than what they are announcing. . .

The skeleton crew they have isn't working anymore. If they don't care enough to hire more people to have a team that can put out a reasonable amount of content, I don't care enough to try to defend them, or continue playing.

Fully resetting stun break after death is a game breaking mechanic; you're are simultaneously simplifying some parts of the game, while severely increasing the difficulty for high-end gameplay/tactics/strategy in this game.

You better not go through with this change. /saysfcknimbeciles

I don't normally post in these kind of threads...

... but really; no new PvP content until 2.4? And we still have no idea what it is... for all we know it could be a single new Warzone and Season 1 of RWZ with absolutely zero added features, just a new name.

I really hope Server Transfers somehow liven up the PvP communities on PvP servers because otherwise I foresee a very bleak year for PvP in SWToR... and there's so much goddamn potential.

Fully resetting stun break after death is a game breaking mechanic; you're are simultaneously simplifying, and severely increasing the difficulty parts of this game.

You better not go through with this change. /saysfcknimbeciles

Game breaking? More like field leveling. Can't stun lock and corpse camp any more? Aw too bad. Get over yourself. I for one am all for it. I see plenty of advantages for this, OUTSIDE of pvp, as well as inside. There's really more to this game, you know.

This is a PvE game, a story driven mmo so stop waiting for pvp update, there won't be!

people keep saying this, yet the more people play warzones than ops/fps (the devs have acknowledged this from their metrics multiple times), and hordes of people have left the game b/c of terrible PvP.

this game has a stupid amount of potential; either bioware or EA seem to not care into tapping into it b/c it would be a long term investment.

New tier of gear...already? I'm excited about the "challenge" NiM modes might bring, so I plan on doing them of course, but suddenly I feel a lot less encouraged to gear if my full 72 is already useless, craftable, dogpoop... Oh well. It happens. That's what some MMOs do. I just need to start playing other MMOs as well to give me what SWTOR doesn't. /shrug. But this update makes me want to do PvP more actually(and PVE less)...Hopefully 2.4 has some really good PvP stuff to keep me wanting to sub! Looking forward to it. Edited by Radzkie

I seem to have missed the part where this game is PvP with PvE elements.

OH, that's right. It's PvE with PvP elements.

Deal with it.

PvP has never been a main focus for the content updates, and I highly doubt it ever will be. The PvP update will come when it comes, and crying harder about it won't make it happen any faster. They have a schedule and a plan, and they're sticking to it. Keep your crybaby mouths shut and deal with it like mature adults.

Unless, of course, you're all a bunch of PvP happy 14 year olds who whine and cry and complain when something doesn't go your way. Which I think is the more likely story, with the amount of crying you people do on the forums.

If you quit, trust me, you won't be missed. :cool:

Disappointed in the lack of PVP Content. I do not do ops or fp. I level alts do dailies and pvp. I love this game but this lack of new maps is really getting old. Maybe you can give us pvpers a taste of whats coming in 2.4....PLEASE!!! need something to look forward to.

I seem to have missed the part where this game is PvP with PvE elements.

OH, that's right. It's PvE with PvP elements.

Deal with it.

PvP has never been a main focus for the content updates, and I highly doubt it ever will be. The PvP update will come when it comes, and crying harder about it won't make it happen any faster. They have a schedule and a plan, and they're sticking to it. Keep your crybaby mouths shut and deal with it like mature adults.

Unless, of course, you're all a bunch of PvP happy 14 year olds who whine and cry and complain when something doesn't go your way. Which I think is the more likely story, with the amount of crying you people do on the forums.

If you quit, trust me, you won't be missed. :cool:

If people quit, it will be a huge problem because servers will be like a ghost town. :)

I really enjoyed the top tier gear being locked out. What's the point of having high end raids if you can just buy the gear or have it crafted for mats?

This takes away from any real accomplishment to be 72'd out... When they say new gear though does that mean Nightmare TFB will drop 76 tier???

New tier of gear...already? I'm excited about the "challenge" NiM modes might bring, so I plan on doing them of course, but suddenly I feel a lot less encouraged to gear if my full 72 is already useless, craftable, dogpoop... Oh well. It happens. That's what some MMOs do. I just need to start playing other MMOs as well to give me what SWTOR doesn't. /shrug. But this update makes me want to do PvP more actually(and PVE less)...Hopefully 2.4 has some really good PvP stuff to keep me wanting to sub! Looking forward to it.

If you aren't going to try and BiS yourself with 72's, you're going to be waiting for BiS to be on the market at high prices come 2.2 because it's going to be hard to beat NiM mechanics w/out top end gear and some practice.