Summer of SWTOR

BruceMaclean

• Replies 749
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Perhaps it costs too much to keep outsourcing for PvP development...

Oh well, my peace has been said, not impressed at all.

I understand fully why 2 million+ have left this game...it is quite clear.

That's all well and good but have you thought of putting some effort into making mailboxes appear any time soon?

Huttball was working perfectly at launch and some time after, now it's glitch and lag heaven.

You do remember us, your subscribers right? In the early days of this game you talked about quality of life in the game. How about going back to that philosophy and stop getting caught up in creating shiny things to maximize cartel market profits.

Also, I really hope you have a revamp for the dye system. I would be happy to pay cartel coins for subscribers to have a palette of primary and secondary and highlight colors rather than this random drop crap. It's just as bad as waiting for you to come up with a nice armour design. And what if I liked the partisan armour but I have to upgrade to conquerer to get better stats. Please think of a better token system than the whole dam armour piece. I'd be happy to rip out just the armour mod and trade that or something.

Try to focus on your core gamers in the next few months pls, or you will be walking a very thin line.

I'm not a big PVPer, so the lack of news for them isn't hitting me hard, but I've read the post a couple times and still say meh for some reason.

I think that it's because it's the equivalent of saying "nothing new until August".

What percentage of the playerbase raids in this game? If it's as low as other games, then only a fraction of the playerbase cares about Nightmare mode for recycled OPs. And I don't think anyone really gives a crap about a 5% experience boost.

Basically the only new content from SEPTEMBER of last year to AUGUST of this year (essentially ONE FULL YEAR) was Makeb that everyone had to pay for.

[*]New Guild Bonuses! Players in guilds currently receive a +5% experience bonus, but now every 5 active players in the guild will add an additional 1% bonus to XP and reputation, up to a maximum bonus of 10% each.

Is this it for guilds? I was really optimistic when there was at least a guild page on your website and hopeful there would be some tools in game. Can we at least have an in game calendar?

It really discourages me to play when I read this kind of news. Devs seems to think PvPers should be excited for a patch that'll happen months and months from now when it should have happened a long time ago.

It honestly looks like they didn't have anything on track for PvP and stipulated a far date to prepare a new crap warzone and call it a pvp patch, due to the massive complaints PvP-wise.

Ofc that's just and solely my opinion and how I feel about this news. Sorry to grizzle here, but this is very very discouraging to me.

You aren't alone. Today's news was incredibly deflating for the pvp sub. We haven't seen a single crumb of content since before f2p, and even with a new expansion we got nothing. Not a single new wz, not even new valor ranks. Is s1 ever going to start? ESO, EQN, GTA5, and new consoles all come out this year, why should PVP subs remain until August and beyond if the PVP team isn't going to deliver content to us?. I love SWTOR, but their PVP team needs to know one new wz every 18 months isn't enough.

ARE YOU KIDDING ME BIOWARE???????????? YOU COMPLETELY IGNORED US PVPERS IN 2.0 AND 2.1 AND NOW YOU ARE MAKING US WAIT UNTIL 2.4. ARE YOU TRYING TO LOSE HALF OF YOUR PLAYER POPULATION.....But really, what the @#!*% ...

This is pretty much what I predicted, so I can't say I'm disappointed. :p And I don't say that with any malcontent. It really is just what I expected from the things they've hinted at recently. This is how their patches have been.

Except that I do hope they will add more guild perks than XP bonsues. We really need things like guild calendars, guild achievements and collection funds.

So what the heck is up with these "Scrolling UV's" ? :confused:

...Um...what? lol. No, it wasn't/isn't impossible. I didn't use alts. One of my armorings is the vender ultimate com one, but that's out of choice since there's no 5th set bonus. If you don't believe me, shoot me a PM and I'll send you my username/server info to inspect me, or give me a second to upload screen shots here.

There's been 6 raiding weeks since April 9th... Assuming your guild cleared the first week the game came out with EA. That's 6 of each token + 6 add'l ones from TC. That means you might have all the better Ult Token enhancements, but they're not BiS unless you kept getting the right drops...

... or other pepole in your guild are have only gotten a small amount of token drops so you could get the rest.

I could be wrong... and it's really not important. Kudos to you if you are actually BiS with token gear... I'm missing the pants token right now and a couple BiS enhancements still.

Hello everyone,

My name is Bruce Maclean and I am a Senior Producer here at BioWare Austin. I know there have been a lot of questions around the forums about what kind of content you can expect from us this year and so I’m here today to give you all a bit of information about what we’re working on bringing to you this summer!

First up, Game Update 2.2, which is currently targeted for launch on June 11th:

• Nightmare Mode Terror From Beyond. It’s got vicious new mechanics and is definitely not for the faint of heart. I’m very excited for you to see the new gear that comes with this, which uses a new appearance system we’ve developed for armor and weapons called ‘Scrolling UVs’.
  • New Guild Bonuses! Players in guilds currently receive a +5% experience bonus, but now every 5 active players in the guild will add an additional 1% bonus to XP and reputation, up to a maximum bonus of 10% each.
  • Crafters can now craft Underworld gear! But don’t RE that piece if you are still using it…
  • Unified fleet chat channel for each faction, for easier group finding without having to hop between instances.

We’ve seen a lot of requests for a rerun of our Double XP weekends. Well, okay! We’d like to help you stay cool in the heat of the summer with three weekends starting June 22nd and continuing through July 7th. The third and last weekend will actually start early on Thursday the 4th of July, in case you are enjoying a long Independence Day weekend.

By July 9th Ops groups will have had four weeks to cut their teeth on Nightmare Mode Terror From Beyond. That’s when we will launch Nightmare Mode Scum and Villainy as a part of Game Update 2.2.2! New mechanics and unique loot for you.

July 23rd look for a return of the Relics of the Gree Event for a nice two week long run. Per community request the Event will scaled up to level 55 on this next run!

August 6th is our target date for Game Update 2.3, which we are working on right now and will be our biggest update since 2.0. Some of the bigger parts of this update are:

• New Flashpoints
  • New Daily Area
  • New Recurring Event
  • Significant graphical upgrades

This isn’t an exhaustive list, and we are also working on some longer term stuff. Sometimes we have been averse to discussing specific dates well in advance, because we aren’t going to release anything unless we feel it is ready to go live and we don’t want to upset folks if we move a date back. Well I think we should just tell you what date the teams are shooting for, and if we don’t hit them we’ll just tell you why. Radical thinking, I know. As we get closer we’ll have a lot more juicy details on these - keep your eyes peeled to the forums and SWTOR.com for more information. Also, for those who are curious about the next updates to PvP, I will just say… apart from minor tweaks (like stunbreak abilities cooldown being reset on death in 2.2) you should look forward to Game Update 2.4. /rubshands

Why should I look forward to game update 2.4? You listed new flashpoints, new events, new daily hubs, new NiM for a raid, and all you can list for pvp is I should look forward to it? Yep very cute you rub your hands together, what does that mean? Put on your big boy pants and give a legit answer because my sub, and likely many more so far dedicated.. but growing increasingly impatient customers are a hairs width from leaving.

Should I cancel my sub and wait for more details on 2.4?

I'm curious about the graphics upgrade! Sounds cool.

It takes a lot of time to develop a new warzone people, even WoW only releases them with big expansions. If you only play the game for PVP (which is shocking to me based on the insurmountable amounted of story content and PVE) and are sick of current PVP content just unsub until they release something new.

Bioware, I suggest you start focusing more on PVP content rather then nightmare mode OPS. More people PVP then do OPS I would assume, so it makes sense from a business standpoint. Even someone like me who does OPS I don't really care too much about nightmare mode because I am mostly doing it for story and gameplay.

Edited by Jemfisto

Guys, SWTOR isn't a PvP game. How you haven't realized this yet is beyond me. SWTOR is about story and PvE. If you want PvP, go play another game. Or if you actually enjoy this game and don't want to hate all day, then be patient, enjoy what you have and wait till August. I for one, am happy taht we are going to be getting more content on a regular basis.

Guys, SWTOR isn't a PvP game. How you haven't realized this yet is beyond me. SWTOR is about story and PvE. If you want PvP, go play another game. Or if you actually enjoy this game and don't want to hate all day, then be patient, enjoy what you have and wait till August. I for one, am happy taht we are going to be getting more content on a regular basis.

There is no new PvE content till August either.

Why is 2.1 considered a HUGE update?

Because it will give them a HUGE profit boost due to the CM :p

Seriously though, where is the big update promised for game content in 2.2, especially to make people feel their subscriptions are worthwhile? I hope these are only a few teasers for 2.2, and there is more exciting things coming our way.

As for PvP, it's not really my thing, but I can see where the complaints are coming from. Having to wait until a scheduled 1 October release (8 weeks posts 2.3) seems a long time since PvP received a decent update from the last. How long has it been since Ranked Warzones was going to be released for individuals, and not just teams?

Maybe it's about time you started focusing on tangible content to keep people interested in playing the game, rather than finding more ways to dig into their pockets? Since FTP, the focus has primarily been to release new content for the CM, and little more than rehashing old content.

Would I be correct in guessing the new flashpoints in 2.3 will be Hard Modes of those not upgraded yet (Directive 7, etc.)? If so, it's nothing really new.

Edited by Mjollnir

There is no new PvE content till August either.

So Nightmare TfB in July isn't new? Uh-huh. Sure, it's only a new mode, but it's better than nothing. (which is what we had a lot of in the past few months)

I don't PVP. That side of the game does not interest me.

However, I think the PVP population is a valuable group of players to the game, naturally, and should not be ignored or dismissed so easily by the community.

If the PVP community has concerns I think they should be expressed and acknowledged. It doesn't hurt Bioware to get negative feedback when something is wrong IMO...it helps.

Just my two cents.