Summer of SWTOR

BruceMaclean

Also, for those who are curious about the next updates to PvP, I will just say… apart from minor tweaks (like stunbreak abilities cooldown being reset on death in 2.2) you should look forward to Game Update 2.4. /rubshands

First, thank you for the update! I appreciate it very much!

Second, I personally love double XP weekends! However, I do know that there are a fair number of people who would prefer to be able to disable the double XP as they would rather proceed with their leveling at the normal pace. I think that having a "double XP toggle switch" would go a long way to appease these people (double XP enabled by default).

Third, while I am a little disappointed that pvp stuff is pushed out to 2.4, I do love the idea of the stunbreak cooldown being reset on death in 2.2. Anything to help mitigate stuns is a great idea, IMO.

Fourth, on the topic of pvp, I do believe there are a fair number of people that consider pvp to be the game and not the sideshow, myself included. Truth be told, I would not still be a subscriber right now were it not for the pvp - I got bored of the PVE grind a long time ago. I think that you guys have a very fun pvp game that has a lot of potential. I am excited to hear about what is in store for 2.4!

• Replies 749
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

First up, Game Update 2.2, which is currently targeted for launch on June 11th:

• Nightmare Mode Terror From Beyond. It’s got vicious new mechanics and is definitely not for the faint of heart. I’m very excited for you to see the new gear that comes with this, which uses a new appearance system we’ve developed for armor and weapons called ‘Scrolling UVs’.
  • New Guild Bonuses! Players in guilds currently receive a +5% experience bonus, but now every 5 active players in the guild will add an additional 1% bonus to XP and reputation, up to a maximum bonus of 10% each.
  • Crafters can now craft Underworld gear! But don’t RE that piece if you are still using it…
  • Unified fleet chat channel for each faction, for easier group finding without having to hop between instances.

Lol.. really? the promised 'big' 2.2 update is just the ones above? So we have to endure four months in total for a 'real and refreshed' content? Sad... I was hyping this big 2.2 update that you guys said will be content-packed.

Very disappointed. we have to pay four more months worth of subscription to get a real and refreshing content plus two more months for PvP? No thanks, I guess I'll have to cancel sub and re-sub whenever I see a 'real content'. Please don't hype your game updates next time. k thnx

August 6th is our target date for Game Update 2.3, which we are working on right now and will be our biggest update since 2.0. Some of the bigger parts of this update are:

• Significant graphical upgrades

Would it be... that the lighsabers would not have a lighter inner layer around the core anymore, and that green ones would not be lime anymore ?

Edited by Altheran

I would ask that some PvP stuff be reconsidered to be brought in earlier. At least 8 months in between PvP patches doesn't seem in line with the "more updates faster" mantra the dev team adopted in the fall. I wouldn't be a subscriber if it wasn't for PvP either.

I think most pvpers will more than likely be outside for the summer anyway. The summer lull hits hardest on that front every year. Makes sense to have the double XP weekends over the summer, which is when we usually see the largest influx of new players, too.

Sweet deal BioWare!! Looking forward to great things!!

On a side note, are there any plans to release some info on updating SPACE?

First up, Game Update 2.2, which is currently targeted for launch on June 11th:•Nightmare Mode Terror From Beyond. It’s got vicious new mechanics and is definitely not for the faint of heart. I’m very excited for you to see the new gear that comes with this, which uses a new appearance system we’ve developed for armor and weapons called ‘Scrolling UVs’.

•New Guild Bonuses! Players in guilds currently receive a +5% experience bonus, but now every 5 active players in the guild will add an additional 1% bonus to XP and reputation, up to a maximum bonus of 10% each.

•Crafters can now craft Underworld gear! But don’t RE that piece if you are still using it…

•Unified fleet chat channel for each faction, for easier group finding without having to hop between instances.

This had better not be the entire list of 2.2...

Lol.. really? the promised 'big' 2.2 update is just the ones above? So we have to endure four months in total for a 'real and refreshed' content? Sad... I was hyping this big 2.2 update that you guys said will be content-packed.

Very disappointed. we have to pay four more months worth of subscription to get a real and refreshing content plus two more months for PvP? No thanks, I guess I'll have to cancel sub and re-sub whenever I see a 'real content'. Please don't hype your game updates next time. k thnx

Agreed completely. I laugh at the people who defended 2.1 by saying 2.2 was going to be the real update...lol.

It seems like they dont want to keep their pvp-subbers. Cartel market must be pretty profitable. Early summer vacation eh?

Anyway this was the last straw for me too. Ill check back in august, but until then ive lost all faith in these devs commitment to pvp.

Well obviously, there will be new gear for pvp in between. New raid gear usually means new pvp gear.

Any updates on when we can expect something on the SPACE front?

Count my curiosity in. We haven't had a FP or Warzone for a while, but it ha also been really long since the last space update.

I am dying wanting to know when we can roughly expect to see some space updates. Besides 6 new missions, the removal of elite comms of them, a reputation and P2W upgrades, we have had nothing worth of note. This lovely post gives us a rough idea when to expect new ops, fps and PvP updates, but I also care about the space.

Thanks for the post though, it is good to know what we can expect in a rough 4 months future.

Hello everyone,

My name is Bruce Maclean and I am a Senior Producer here at BioWare Austin. I know there have been a lot of questions around the forums about what kind of content you can expect from us this year and so I’m here today to give you all a bit of information about what we’re working on bringing to you this summer!

• Nightmare Mode Terror From Beyond. It’s got vicious new mechanics and is definitely not for the faint of heart. I’m very excited for you to see the new gear that comes with this, which uses a new appearance system we’ve developed for armor and weapons called ‘Scrolling UVs’.
  • New Guild Bonuses! Players in guilds currently receive a +5% experience bonus, but now every 5 active players in the guild will add an additional 1% bonus to XP and reputation, up to a maximum bonus of 10% each.
  • Crafters can now craft Underworld gear! But don’t RE that piece if you are still using it…
  • Unified fleet chat channel for each faction, for easier group finding without having to hop between instances.

We’ve seen a lot of requests for a rerun of our Double XP weekends. Well, okay! We’d like to help you stay cool in the heat of the summer with three weekends starting June 22nd and continuing through July 7th. The third and last weekend will actually start early on Thursday the 4th of July, in case you are enjoying a long Independence Day weekend.

By July 9th Ops groups will have had four weeks to cut their teeth on Nightmare Mode Terror From Beyond. That’s when we will launch Nightmare Mode Scum and Villainy as a part of Game Update 2.2.2! New mechanics and unique loot for you.

July 23rd look for a return of the Relics of the Gree Event for a nice two week long run. Per community request the Event will scaled up to level 55 on this next run!

August 6th is our target date for Game Update 2.3, which we are working on right now and will be our biggest update since 2.0. Some of the bigger parts of this update are:

• New Flashpoints
  • New Daily Area
  • New Recurring Event

This isn’t an exhaustive list, and we are also working on some longer term stuff. Sometimes we have been averse to discussing specific dates well in advance, because we aren’t going to release anything unless we feel it is ready to go live and we don’t want to upset folks if we move a date back. Well I think we should just tell you what date the teams are shooting for, and if we don’t hit them we’ll just tell you why. Radical thinking, I know. As we get closer we’ll have a lot more juicy details on these - keep your eyes peeled to the forums and SWTOR.com for more information. Also, for those who are curious about the next updates to PvP, I will just say… apart from minor tweaks (like stunbreak abilities cooldown being reset on death in 2.2) you should look forward to Game Update 2.4. /rubshands

While it is nice to see a bit of a roadmap (thanks for that part)... "what's in it for me?" As a subscriber (at least, until the 16th when my sub runs out), where is the value for my subscription? Where is something/ANYTHING to show that BioWare appreciates and values it's subscribers. Historically, there have been more F2P/CM related updates, then anything offered for us subscribers.. we even have to pay CC to use the barber shop (which, is a ridiculously bad design decision).

I have to say that is one weak update...... :(

Extremely disappointing, there is now new content on there everything is just a rehash.

1 new FP nothing mentioned for PVP at all until 2.4

1 word comes to mind ......... Sucks!

Oh well what can you do....

I just can't see how they really thought this would excite players!! Poor guy writing this had to see the poo storm coming his way on the horizon as he typed it out.

Edited by Skaol-dirtyd

So basically PVPers should unsub and go outside this summer.

That will most likely happen. A lot of people will unsubscribe for the summer because the planned content they have is just not worth the $15.

Good luck losing subs this summer Bioware ;). releasing 'fluff' game content updates is a cheap trick to get subs but it will not work anymore to some. Waiting for four months for a next PvE content and almost one year for a PvP update? that's just ridiculous

Edited by Mark-JPS

Hello everyone,

My name is Bruce Maclean and I am a Senior Producer here at BioWare Austin. I know there have been a lot of questions around the forums about what kind of content you can expect from us this year and so I’m here today to give you all a bit of information about what we’re working on bringing to you this summer!

We’ve seen a lot of requests for a rerun of our Double XP weekends. Well, okay! We’d like to help you stay cool in the heat of the summer with three weekends starting June 22nd and continuing through July 7th. The third and last weekend will actually start early on Thursday the 4th of July, in case you are enjoying a long Independence Day weekend.

By July 9th Ops groups will have had four weeks to cut their teeth on Nightmare Mode Terror From Beyond. That’s when we will launch Nightmare Mode Scum and Villainy as a part of Game Update 2.2.2! New mechanics and unique loot for you.

July 23rd look for a return of the Relics of the Gree Event for a nice two week long run. Per community request the Event will scaled up to level 55 on this next run!

• New Flashpoints
  • New Daily Area
  • New Recurring Event

This isn’t an exhaustive list, and we are also working on some longer term stuff. Sometimes we have been averse to discussing specific dates well in advance, because we aren’t going to release anything unless we feel it is ready to go live and we don’t want to upset folks if we move a date back. Well I think we should just tell you what date the teams are shooting for, and if we don’t hit them we’ll just tell you why. Radical thinking, I know. As we get closer we’ll have a lot more juicy details on these - keep your eyes peeled to the forums and SWTOR.com for more information. Also, for those who are curious about the next updates to PvP, I will just say… apart from minor tweaks (like stunbreak abilities cooldown being reset on death in 2.2) you should look forward to Game Update 2.4. /rubshands

I can't say how much this annoys me. Can you not at least say what the PVP content will entail? If it's a new WZ, please don't even bother, you might as well create a set of new space missions. Please implement 4v4 matches, arena, or literally any feature that will actually enhance PVP, rather than watch systems like Rated go underused due to no supporting features.

The problem is you constantly tease PVPers with content and even now, with no content in so many months, you aren't even clear about what we'll be receiving. Just more for PVE :/

Edited by TheGreatFrosty

Really is that all thats being added in 2.2? Seems really lame.

Even 2.3 looks a bit naff

And as for 2.4 I am sure we will be seeing a complete revamp to PvP so its not just 8 vs 8 beating on each other in an arena deathmatch with best stats win, but what. What update in 2.4 is going to be so good to make the lame *** PvP great?

Gree Event being taken upto lv 55? Well I am sure its better than the lv 50 version but I think most people actually want decent content not just the same mission at a higher level.

Edited by Izorii

How difficult can it be to design a new warzone.. I mean really.

I'm sure the road map for SWTOR is planned for the next five to ten years. The content is done, it's just Bioware deciding when to put them and when to actually polish them.

It's sad to see Bioware is killing their own fanbase. Heh.

I see population drops already on peak times on the server status. That should be a sign Bioware should step up. I expect population to even drop this summer, thanks to the lousy game update 2.2.

Edited by Mark-JPS

So PVP is not really going to see anything till probably Oct if they keep this 8 week schedule.... wow seriously?

And after all the complaints about 2.1, we see that 2.2 is only adding a new mode for one op for the high end raiders? What about the rest of the populace? We get nothing till August?!

I'm sorry but all this sounds like Bioware is making a huge mistake once again. What happened to the more frequent smaller updates that kept players happy? Community was happy. Now your going back to larger gaps of wait periods and releasing big updates instead with the August update? Did you not learn anything at all?!

Edited by PanzerKraken