Summer of SWTOR

BruceMaclean

• Replies 749
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As others have said, significant graphics upgrades better also mean significant performance upgrades.

As a PvP'er, I don't really care too much about content, what would make me the most happy is A) Significantly improving warzone performance and B) Cross-server queuing.

I'm worried about CC break resetting on death though, this could potentially have an extremely negative impact.

Any mechanic that promotes dying in a PvP scenario is almost never a good one. I'm getting Age of Conan flashbacks right now where the stamina changes in patch 1.5 completely ruined what was otherwise some of the best PvP seen in an MMO.

Edited by Stncold

Fully resetting stun break after death is a game breaking mechanic; you're are simultaneously simplifying some parts of the game, while severely increasing the difficulty for high-end gameplay/tactics/strategy in this game.

You better not go through with this change. /saysfcknimbeciles

In my head, the PVP team for this game sits most the day dribbling long strings of drool onto their keyboards. Will the PVP devs have considered the ramifications of this in huttball? Or any game? What will stop players simply using /stuck all the time now, or jumping in the fire, just to reset their breaker CD. Why wouldn't the tank just kill himself after every run? What possible negative result would there be to that?

But they simply implement brain dead ideas and consistently show how clueless they are with their own PVP system. This is not a solution, it is not a band aid, it is nothing but a clueless move to appease a bunch of whine on the forums about CC.

Edited by TheGreatFrosty

If you purely PvP (like I do), why are you still subscribing to the game? The Weekly passes can be purchased dirt cheap on the GTN. I just blew every credit I had on them in preparation for my unsub. I can play for years without spending a cent now.

Third, while I am a little disappointed that pvp stuff is pushed out to 2.4, I do love the idea of the stunbreak cooldown being reset on death in 2.2. Anything to help mitigate stuns is a great idea, IMO.

MM Snipers are now immune to CC.

Talented Covered Escape (3 sec Immune) > Talented Entrench (23 seconds, note this is longer than the CD on covered Escape) which gives 6 secs of HtL once it's done > Covered Escape again (3 seconds) > Breaker still avaiable (and likely will be most of the time)

I really enjoyed the top tier gear being locked out. What's the point of having high end raids if you can just buy the gear or have it crafted for mats?

This takes away from any real accomplishment to be 72'd out... When they say new gear though does that mean Nightmare TFB will drop 76 tier???

As I said earlier in the thread:

It was stated that crafters would always be able to RE and craft one tier behind Top-end gear. Since 2.2 will be releasing a higher tier (probably iLvl 75), crafters will be able to RE from 72's now since they can currently RE 69's.

If you aren't going to try and BiS yourself with 72's, you're going to be waiting for BiS to be on the market at high prices come 2.2 because it's going to be hard to beat NiM mechanics w/out top end gear and some practice.

I have all BiS 72s. :) I was just hoping to have some time to enjoy it before it became nothing...../shrug.

Edited by Radzkie

Honestly anyone truly serious about PVP probably should of moved onto Guild Wars last year.

I love this game but seriously.

I don't find GW2 enjoyable. Why would I play it?

I find TOR PvP enjoyable, but 8 months is a long time to go without anything major changing.

I'm more worried about 2.2 resetting the stun break than anything. That could be an absolutely terrible change if changes to the warzones don't happen, as well.

PvP content 1.6 ---> 2.4 = 8-9 MONTHS!?! What are BioWare thinking? They really expect PvPers to keep playing the same old content and only farming for new Gear/Stats for 8-9 months?

BioWare said in pre2.0 Cantina Q/A that PvP content would come shortly after 2.0 - 2.4 is NOT shortly after 2.0

With the massive outcry over 2.1 did they really not expect this to happend here aswell? They totally ignored PvPers. Bolster at 55 ruined alot aswell.

Pre seasong Ranked WZ with no cross server for atleast 6 new months........:eek: Well atleast Wildstar

is gonna have arenas from launch :) I want to enjoy the game but the utter lack of PvP love just makes me sad.

Tomb Of Freedon Nadd EU english PvP server is alredy down to standard even on sundays.

So after summer is gonna be light, and you know BioWare those subs wont come back !!!

Edited by Lord_Karsk

Pretty bummed the most exciting things on that list right now are the double xp weekends.A graphical update would be nice but I'm not holding my breath.

Hopefully, the new FPs will be fun, but bringing the Gree back already is kind of underwhelming and another daily area is not appealing at all. Dailies are just a way to extend content beyond its natural lifespan. Nothing about the story/adding anything to companion stories/conversations and (while I don't PvP) putting PvP stuff off even longer as well.

Bleh.

Edited by Lesaberisa

I don't find GW2 enjoyable. Why would I play it?

I find TOR PvP enjoyable, but 8 months is a long time to go without anything major changing.

I'm more worried about 2.2 resetting the stun break than anything. That could be an absolutely terrible change if changes to the warzones don't happen, as well.

Why? I'm stunned too much, considering how broke resolve is being stunned less is a better solution.

...you developers just don't get it. PVP update after summer and still no details on new systems or even on making existent systems work (eternal pre-season anyone?), it's a laugh, big time, again!:mad:...

If people quit, it will be a huge problem because servers will be like a ghost town. :)

you mean if pvp subs quit? remember, this game is now f2p. you and other ppl will mostly be replaced by new optimised players who havent been jaded yet. and when the day they get too get jade like everyone else, they will be replaced by the new subs.

when i think this, please dont think im being malicious or anything, but : but ahead and unsub, you will be replaced and soon forgotten.

Seriously what happened to the more frequent smaller updates to keep everyone happy? This is all going back to the garbage we had at launch. You seriously expect to keep players by simply adding a new mode to a raid?

Why does the August update apparently have multiple flashpoints and a new daily area, plus more? Shouldn't this all be spread out more so we keep having a reason to subscribe to your game? You guys showed us you understood this when you did your 6-8 week updates last year and it made the gamers happy. Now it's all seemingly going backwards once again to the giant dead zones of content. 2 updates for content aimed at only the high end raiders and it's merely rehashing content as well?

I love this game and you guys were improving, but now its all seems for nothing as I'm not a serious hardcore raider, i'll do the SM's mainly to experience, but what am I to do otherwise? Let me guess theres going to be tons of new stuff added.... via the freakin cartel market right?

I'm not seeing much of a reason to sub anymore after hearing this news. Maybe I'll be back in the fall when new stuff came out. But why will I keep paying a sub if I'm not getting anything really new to do in game?

Why? I'm stunned too much, considering how broke resolve is being stunned less is a better solution.

Because when teams are close to even in this game things don't get capped. Games stalemate, and a lot. The only way the middle node in NC ever gets capped in a competitive game is through the use of CC.

I'm speechless...

Simply disappointed. Except Scum and Villany, we are playing the same fps and operations from march and august. The 2.2 is like a mockery. You are forcing me to unscribe.

It was a good experience but now it is the time to go away.

you mean if pvp subs quit? remember, this game is now f2p. you and other ppl will mostly be replaced by new optimised players who havent been jaded yet. and when the day they get too get jade like everyone else, they will be replaced by the new subs.

when i think this, please dont think im being malicious or anything, but : but ahead and unsub, you will be replaced and soon forgotten.

You might not care but Bioware will. That's what everyone said when Bioware use to have 2.2 million subs.... and losing close to two million subs.. look at what happened? It ruined your gaming experience right with the shift to Cartel Market and such?

I suggest for you to use common sense next time before you say something.

And why will there be a new subscribers when they realize what Bioware is doing is just not right? There's ESO coming out and FFXIV... U think it will not dent the fanbase of SWTOR?

Edited by Mark-JPS

So much QQ. Everyone's a critic.

There is no problem with the QQ when it is warranted......... which I feel with this pathetic update it is.

It is just hard to defend this update/road map if this is truly all there is in the pipeline.

I will wait to see if more is mentioned but as it stands this pretty much sucks.

Edited by Skaol-dirtyd