Summer of SWTOR

BruceMaclean

Yes. That is drenched in just a bit of awesomesauce :)

Like the extra 10% perk, great to encourage guild membership (5% just wasn't appealing enough IMO), love to hear about the unified chat on fleet...now if we can just temper the fleet trolling a bit ;)

The rotating UVs....interesting. Letting my mind go wild on what this might be....

Edited by LordArtemis

• Replies 749
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

While I've always viewed that as what they were doing -- if this is seriously the only stuff they have on the roadmap, there is a huge problem.

As a well known "white knight" -- I will probably move on from the game unless 2.2 brings much more than what they are announcing. . .

The skeleton crew they have isn't working anymore. If they don't care enough to hire more people to have a team that can put out a reasonable amount of content, I don't care enough to try to defend them, or continue playing.

I tend to wait to see what they're going to do and then praise or criticize as needed, unless something's really off. Based on what we've seen from them in the past, this probably isn't the *only* stuff on the list. Probably. The lack of new pvp content is definitely a gaping hole here. I'm hoping they address this sooner than fall.

I do, however, like their policy of being open about their target dates and then letting us know if they won't be able to hit them for whatever reason. That's a massive improvement over what had been going on in the past.

you mean if pvp subs quit? remember, this game is now f2p. you and other ppl will mostly be replaced by new optimised players who havent been jaded yet. and when the day they get too get jade like everyone else, they will be replaced by the new subs..

As it should be. People who think SWTOR will sustain them for the rest of their lives need to rethink their position. People need to just move on and take their dissatisfaction to the next game in line where I guarantee they will rinse and repeat their attitudes. And I don't think double XP helps matters, really. You get double XP for playing at the right TIME, so sure you level up faster without the real experience, get done faster, and leave sooner.

I tend to wait to see what they're going to do and then praise or criticize as needed, unless something's really off. Based on what we've seen from them in the past, this probably isn't the *only* stuff on the list. Probably. The lack of new pvp content is definitely a gaping hole here. I'm hoping they address this sooner than fall.

I do, however, like their policy of being open about their target dates and then letting us know if they won't be able to hit them for whatever reason. That's a massive improvement over what had been going on in the past.

Which is the exact reason for my qualifier in my post.

IF this is all that is added -- or, the majority of what will be added -- in 2.2, they deserve all of the criticism they will get.

And 2.2 is very disappointing.

2.3 could be interesting.

2.4 is way too far off. Come on, it makes far more sense to release more PvP content during the summer when a lot more people have free time to enjoy it. I really don't want to wait until October to see added PvP content. I, like most, have already been waiting a long time for changes and even a new WZ. This is just ridiculous.

By the way, I have a revolutionary idea myself; Release PvP content at the same time as PvE content. I see no reason why they have to be in separate updates. This way we don't all end up feeling as if we're in an extended dry period. Right now it's actually 16 weeks for new PvE content and 16 weeks for new PvP content when it could actually be 8 weeks for both. Four months for new content seems far too long to me. I'm also willing to be that everyone will be happier for it.

Crafters can now craft Underworld gear!

Summer will be busy! :-]

What about the hood toggle, though? Once scheduled for 1.3 it was said to be "in works" ever since. Is it somewhere on the horizon at this stage? Could you unveil this little bit of information? :D

worst news since 2.0, so damn pathetic, are people so garbage at the game they cant earn their own gear ?

Sorry PvPers, you get nothing all summer.

It might just be time to do some other MMO for the summer, I dunno. All these guys do is ignore us. It's clear they don't want to support PvP at all.

WTB a fun MMO like this but actually cares about PvPers

That's it I think I am done with this game. I was sure someone at bioware said PvPers were getting something in 2.0 I am not waiting another 2-3 months for something like a new warzone or the hopes of season 1.

It literally is unreal how this gameplay completely goes ignored for so long.

Simply...mind blowing. :rolleyes:

stuff

Firstly, let me say thank you for communicating the future content plans for SWTOR. Good communication with the community has been one of BW's shortcomings since launch. There really has been a turnaround in this regard since Eric hopped in the mix as Community Manager and you guys deserve some props.

Regarding the content itself, I must say I'm very disappointed. I primarily PvP and having to wait until late fall for any sort of significant PvP update just isn't going to cut it for me. Sorry. I've been a sub to SWTOR since EGA and have suffered through all of the poor implementation, horrible decisions, and complete mismanagement of PvP since the start. I really enjoyed this game and have always wanted it to succeed. Unfortunately, I just can't wait another 5-6 months for a significant change.

Looks like I will finish min/maxing my Conqueror gear and then just step away for a long break.

If you purely PvP (like I do), why are you still subscribing to the game? The Weekly passes can be purchased dirt cheap on the GTN. I just blew every credit I had on them in preparation for my unsub. I can play for years without spending a cent now.

I mainly keep subscribing because I have two legacies and 10 alts for Crafting. I like to be self-reliant in terms of supplying my two mains with gear and consumables. I also make significant contributions to my Guild to make sure they have the gear and consumables they need as well.

I saw the writing on the wall though. As you suggest above, I have been stockpiling unlocks and other things I assumed were useful for F2Pers through purchases from the GTN in case the content really dried up for PvP. It appears that time has come, and while $15/month is nothing to me, it seems unsubbing is the only consumer statement BW will take seriously from PvPers.

Hello everyone,

My name is Bruce Maclean and I am a Senior Producer here at BioWare Austin. I know there have been a lot of questions around the forums about what kind of content you can expect from us this year and so I’m here today to give you all a bit of information about what we’re working on bringing to you this summer!

First up, Game Update 2.2, which is currently targeted for launch on June 11th:

• Nightmare Mode Terror From Beyond. It’s got vicious new mechanics and is definitely not for the faint of heart. I’m very excited for you to see the new gear that comes with this, which uses a new appearance system we’ve developed for armor and weapons called ‘Scrolling UVs’.
  • New Guild Bonuses! Players in guilds currently receive a +5% experience bonus, but now every 5 active players in the guild will add an additional 1% bonus to XP and reputation, up to a maximum bonus of 10% each.
  • Crafters can now craft Underworld gear! But don’t RE that piece if you are still using it…
  • Unified fleet chat channel for each faction, for easier group finding without having to hop between instances.

We’ve seen a lot of requests for a rerun of our Double XP weekends. Well, okay! We’d like to help you stay cool in the heat of the summer with three weekends starting June 22nd and continuing through July 7th. The third and last weekend will actually start early on Thursday the 4th of July, in case you are enjoying a long Independence Day weekend.

By July 9th Ops groups will have had four weeks to cut their teeth on Nightmare Mode Terror From Beyond. That’s when we will launch Nightmare Mode Scum and Villainy as a part of Game Update 2.2.2! New mechanics and unique loot for you.

July 23rd look for a return of the Relics of the Gree Event for a nice two week long run. Per community request the Event will scaled up to level 55 on this next run!

August 6th is our target date for Game Update 2.3, which we are working on right now and will be our biggest update since 2.0. Some of the bigger parts of this update are:

• New Flashpoints
  • New Daily Area
  • New Recurring Event
  • Significant graphical upgrades

This isn’t an exhaustive list, and we are also working on some longer term stuff. Sometimes we have been averse to discussing specific dates well in advance, because we aren’t going to release anything unless we feel it is ready to go live and we don’t want to upset folks if we move a date back. Well I think we should just tell you what date the teams are shooting for, and if we don’t hit them we’ll just tell you why. Radical thinking, I know. As we get closer we’ll have a lot more juicy details on these - keep your eyes peeled to the forums and SWTOR.com for more information. Also, for those who are curious about the next updates to PvP, I will just say… apart from minor tweaks (like stunbreak abilities cooldown being reset on death in 2.2) you should look forward to Game Update 2.4. /rubshands

So in other words, the "PvP update coming shortly after 2.0" was really just...not true.

Check.

That's it I think I am done with this game. I was sure someone at bioware said PvPers were getting something in 2.0 I am not waiting another 2-3 months for something like a new warzone or the hopes of season 1.

Totally agree with you Cycao.

I play this game only for PvP and the lack of effort they put in PvP is pissing me off.

So reading the OP then reading the responses, I had to go back and re-read the OP to make sure I wasn't missing anything.

I was actually missing stuff. There was more in the OP than I thought there was after the first reading.

Sadly enough I'm not a raider any more so *shrug* on some of the near term stuff; however, the August update is very interesting. Looking forward to the new flash point, quest hub, and intrigued to see what the graphical improvements are.

Feel for the PvP crowd though.

Speaking of gear with a new tier of PVE gear coming will that mean new PVP gear? More expertise or will end game raiding stand up better to 2 tiers lower gear with more expertise now???

I like the update to 2.2 generally minus no real pvp news :/

worst news since 2.0, so damn pathetic, are people so garbage at the game they cant earn their own gear ?

Now that I think of it - underworld will become craftable because 2.2 might introduce a new tier...

And the scrolling UV... It looks like the armor will have moving stuff on it ;-/

Who is running your PVP team Bioware? We haven't seen any love at all in a year, and now we won't see any attention until August. Why should a strictly PVP sub continue to sub with ESO, GTA5, EQN, and new consoles all coming this year? Your pvp team needs to work double and triple hours at the office and release stuff in a hurry. We didn't get the courtesy of new valor ranks for an expansion, which takes all of a lunchbreak to code in. I'm SO disappointed. I want to continue to love and support SWTOR, but man they are making it harder and harder to keep justifying a PVP sub when the PVP community gets absolutely no love or attention from BW. One wz every 18 months isn't going to cut it. /sigh

[*]New Guild Bonuses! Players in guilds currently receive a +5% experience bonus, but now every 5 active players in the guild will add an additional 1% bonus to XP and reputation, up to a maximum bonus of 10% each.

While I don't like the methods you all choose to get people to play the game your way, I thought I'd ask is it five characters or five accounts.