See the future of The Old Republic!

CourtneyWoods

I think bcause he [HK-51] has his own video already ;)

Everything in this has "it's own video already". It was the E3 video.

For the Cathar, you would think they would show the character creator and some of the different looks instead of a couple seconds of a tiger looking guy from far away.

My theory is the who-friggen-cares Cathar are being given out for free because the races most people care about will be sold in the cash shop.

Edited by Nikei

• Replies 330
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mate, stay cool.

All i am saying is, this "wild-mob-thing" we got going in the Forums has got to stop...

No one can take us serious like that, we all sound like a bunch of 12 year olds stomping our feed on the ground wanting another slice of pie RIGHT NOW.

They can listen to the stamping of feet from people in the room, or they can listen to the stamping of feet as people leave the room. This kind of grousing is the people less frustrated than many, because you can't post here after you've really told them what you think by pulling your sub.

Right now this game is on deathwatch for me. The live event actually killed my desire to pay any more - having a spy shush me as an excuse for not recording hero dialogue was the absolute low point in cheap *** design. So I've got 3 months I accidentally bought to play through the Imp stories and if they haven't addressed the issues of crapy interface and non-existent content flow I'm comfortably out.

idk, but i dont really hear alot of suggestions just ppl whining about a release date? have any of u actually programmed a video game? Its not as simple as it being done on a specific date. Im not a fanboy or anything but ppl need to layoff Bioware its ridiculous. I do at the same time understand the anger of the fans tho. Free to play wont kill this game it will bring more ppl and give swtor a better exposure in the the public eye. Also dont really understand why everyone is saying GW2 is gonna steal all these subs away. The game looks exactly like WoW with modern graphics. THe armor is gigantic compared to the person and the person themselves look like something u would see in a comic book. GW2 is the exact same product as rift, WoW, and every other fantasy mmo out there. They are a dime a dozen. After the newness wears off ppl will quit similar to what happened with this game. Its simply the reality of the genre. it takes a new mmo about a year to get really good so for those of you that think its supposed to come out and be spectacular I challenge you to find an MMO that was perfect at release and you wont find one. Dont say WoW either cuz that game had massive problems when it started too except the market was basically empty so the subscribers had nowhere else to go. BTW GW2 is completely gay and retarded all in one and has epic problems of its own so if u wanna quit swtor for that go right ahead it has worse problems then swtor did and alot less money to fix them. All im saying is give the game a full year, wait for some more content then judge. WoW didnt start off with 50 raids day 1. It takes time to implement all that content

Cather? *Sigh* What a let down, hopefully another (Somewhat decent) species is released along side this.. disgusting thing, Togruta for example would be very nice. Ah well.. at least the War zone might be interesting, and the new space missions are hopefully a challenge this time.

idk, but i dont really hear alot of suggestions just ppl whining about a release date?

There are thousand-post threads filled with suggestions, but all of them are hamstrung by one simple fact: Bioware's inability to deliver on anything, much less in a timely fashion.

have any of u actually programmed a video game? Its not as simple as it being done on a specific date.

Funny, because they manage to BILL ME on a specific date with no trouble at all. At this point I'm done funding their sluggish developement "schedule". They have to put it finished on the table for me to care anymore, because they've played the "soon" card over and over 'til all the shiney wore right off.

Free to play wont kill this game it will bring more ppl and give swtor a better exposure in the the public eye.

Free to play WILL kill this game because it's the open abandonment of the commitment to actually make something worth a subscription. "Well, we can't, so lets see if we can milk what we've got for a few dollars here and there, and throw some occasional half-hearted cat-people at it to make it look like we give two rat's-behinds..."

The armor is gigantic compared to the person and the person themselves look like something u would see in a comic book. GW2 is the exact same product as rift, WoW, and every other fantasy mmo out there. They are a dime a dozen.

The irony of those statments as a defense for SWTOR just pegged the meter, then bent the needle.

It takes a new mmo about a year to get really good so for those of you that think its supposed to come out and be spectacular I challenge you to find an MMO that was perfect at release and you wont find one.

Lord of the Rings Online comes to mind...

All im saying is give the game a full year, wait for some more content then judge.

Oh, I'll check back in a year, but pay them for the privilege of watching them sort it out in the mean time? Nah. I can find plenty of other stuff to spend $15 a month on.

idk, but i dont really hear alot of suggestions just ppl whining about a release date? have any of u actually programmed a video game? Its not as simple as it being done on a specific date. Im not a fanboy or anything but ppl need to layoff Bioware its ridiculous. I do at the same time understand the anger of the fans tho. Free to play wont kill this game it will bring more ppl and give swtor a better exposure in the the public eye. Also dont really understand why everyone is saying GW2 is gonna steal all these subs away. The game looks exactly like WoW with modern graphics. THe armor is gigantic compared to the person and the person themselves look like something u would see in a comic book. GW2 is the exact same product as rift, WoW, and every other fantasy mmo out there. They are a dime a dozen. After the newness wears off ppl will quit similar to what happened with this game. Its simply the reality of the genre. it takes a new mmo about a year to get really good so for those of you that think its supposed to come out and be spectacular I challenge you to find an MMO that was perfect at release and you wont find one. Dont say WoW either cuz that game had massive problems when it started too except the market was basically empty so the subscribers had nowhere else to go. BTW GW2 is completely gay and retarded all in one and has epic problems of its own so if u wanna quit swtor for that go right ahead it has worse problems then swtor did and alot less money to fix them. All im saying is give the game a full year, wait for some more content then judge. WoW didnt start off with 50 raids day 1. It takes time to implement all that content

OK first off - Walloftext doesn't work.. try using paragraphs otherwise its just AWALLOFTEXT!!

So what suggestions are you trying to make in your post.. cos all I see you doing is whinning about GW2 being god awfull, wow being awful at release and pretending your the MMO guru of the century.. which thankfully you are not.

Have you programmed a video game?.. in fact have you had to work in any company that requires product to be finished and sold... NO.. well guess what even software houses need to meet deadlines... or maybe you think clients and customers are cool with the "it'll be ready eehhmmm, well sometime in the next 3-4months, maybe 6months.. tell ya what we will email you or phone ya, yeah that's it we will let ya know"... sorry pal but no industry works that way and is successful.

You can throw the "wow had issues at launch but its had 10yrs to add content" all you like but what you are failing to understand is that SWTOR wasn't dreamt up and devloped last week.. BW has had 6+yrs to consider and devolop its game, take note of what their competitors have been doing, what players are wanting, liking, needing in a "NEW MMO"...

But what it launched with was something that looked and felt like it was 10yrs old already and on top of that lacked even basic features that pretty much any MMO out there nowadays has - like LFG tols, like guild housing, charactor customisations.. heck we never even got the HD graphics it had been feeding us since early screenies and betas were put out.. ooh wait they never meant to be included... hmmm more like they knew the games core was technically flawed and unoptimised to get anywhere near polished quality and stability... and when it launched that quickly got found out. Fact is they rushed it out on order by EA to meet the christmas shopping mass market... yep that was a deadline right there!

KK you dont like GW2 so your prepared to slander it and make holes with that game or likely any new MMO, but you are not prepared to accept critisism of SWTOR.. even tho the 1.7mill subs have now headed severely southward in what.. 6 months and a F2P emergency business plan has been effected to try and put some life back into it... even though the same old repetitive content will be free to lvl 50 and will likely see F2P players try it and leave like the subbing community it once had... why cos there are very few hooks in the game to keep people wanting to come back and the content updates have simply not materialised... sure another promise is now out there - every 6 weeks (was 4 weeks but that never ever happened - ya think this new plan will? - well I sure hope it does but my patience has already been severely tested)

Sure GW2 is a lower budget MMO and might not be all that great to look at or play to players like you... but the original GW was far more successful on its slender budget and supposedly ludicrous business model, what's more Arianet have proven they know what it takes to survive in the MMO industry and make a tidy profit... sorry but BW can't profess to have that same experience and its already showing in their lack of anything creative or that promotes repeatabilty value... if SWTOR had that and a stable core to base it on.. why have players left it in drones already???

Simple fact is your butthurt like many of us that the game is facing such a bleak outlook already, and your prepared to sweep it all under the carpet and paint it all rosey like, to the extent of rubbishing anything and everything that might further aid the games decline.. that's fine we understand that but one day, and I think soon you and BEAWARE will have to face the cold truth... SWTOR is not good enough to hold space in the MMO industry... single player RPG maybe but not a game that requires it to generate income after point of sale.

Sorry if I hurt ya feelings tho, nothing personal :)

Edited by Bloodstealer

Check out the promo videos. They promised us real content "right after" release.

I am sorry but the world should have already started to expand. We need story driven content for lvl50 players , and huge one time events/competitions every half year in order to actually make the community want to play this game.

I've been subbed since Feb. or early March, can't remember. But to me personally, I don't give a rat's about new content.

I just want them to fix what they already had and they won't...

Think I'm going to un-sub, it's just not worth it with the amount of lag I get and bugs.

And where's my new speeder??

I sent in a friends trial about a month ago and my friend actually bought the game and subbed so he could play with me, but I got nothing.

Probably just ignored me and claimed a technicallity.

So, i'm pretty new to the game so i cant honestly comment on the issues of people being promised such and such, and never seeing it realised.

What i do see here is neglect. Where is the Bioware rep to put peoples minds at ease? (Or at least try).

The game is still young. and there is still time for content to be added. But it seems to me, the content now promised in the video is a pretty flaky attempt of keeping people on board, and carry on subscribing.

Personally i would like to see:

A. Some of the current bugs and similar issues fixed.

B. More immersive content. Give us an SW universe we can really live. Sabacc, racing, pazaaak. All those little things that despite being time wasters, give the game that feeling of depth

C. (and i know this is a small thing) Removable hoods

I will be continuing my subscription in the hope that a game still in its youth, has time to grow.

What i do see here is neglect. Where is the Bioware rep to put peoples minds at ease? (Or at least try).

The game is still young. and there is still time for content to be added. But it seems to me, the content now promised in the video is a pretty flaky attempt of keeping people on board, and carry on subscribing.

This. I've been subbing on and off since just after launch and the utter lack of updates from the devs is extremely disheartening. The F2P move didn't surprise me at all, I knew it would be f2p within a year before the game even came out but it seems like the devs aren't even trying any more. Between the complete lack of communication and the constant news of layoffs at Bioware it seems like the game is just going to be completely finished by the end of the year. I still play every few days because I like RP (and that doesn't require devs to create stories in when I have other players to play with) but if I didn't have that I would have been gone months and months ago. There's nothing for level 50s to do that is interesting. Yeah you can grind dailies but once you hit Rakata/Black Hole (which is hard to do as a pub due to the difficulty of getting into an HM Op with players who know how to do it) there's no reason to keep playing.

I was excited when they finally confirmed F2P because I have plenty of friends who didn't want to play due to the subscription fee (and frankly I didn't want to play either but a few of my friends dragged me in and in a stroke of irony let their subs lapse within 1.5 months while I am still here) but they are handling this horribly and by the time F2P rolls out no one will be excited any more. Whereas last year I was thinking "Free to play within a year" this year I am thinking "Completely shut down within another year". But at least the last months I will be able to RP for free.

We've been unstickied!

/tinfoilhat

LOL Go figure. If you can't beat em.... unsticky 'em. As any unsuccessful MMO dev would say.

@ someotherposterupthere: Despite the fact I've never programmed a game, according to 80% of the posts I'd dare say this content patch is a flop already. Thanks for defending BioWare though. They need all the subbers in their corner they can get.

I wan't depth too. I've been begging for more depth since February 8th, when I had Soa NM 8m on farm (relatively). It would be FUN after an operation to go sit at a Pazaak table and inject some death sticks. Okay maybe death sticks are over the top.

<3 ya BW for what you've done but bring it back to the basics and learn from the posts of yours and Star Wars' true fans. I promise your sub rate would sky rocket.

WoW didnt start off with 50 raids day 1. It takes time to implement all that content

How about putting something in the game that gives you something to do when you don't want to raid, and a more than crappy crafting system and really stupid rail space shooter don't even begin to count as something to do.

Watch Now

The promo video are amazing, the new WZ looks great as the new Ops. :eek:

Any speculation date for the 1.4 release ?

1 new WZ?

1 new Operation?

Do you honestly think that will keep people from leaving? We need 1 new WZ per week, not one every 6 months like they're planning. And once a new Op is released, the others become even less irrelevant. I haven't run KP or EV for ages...wait...take that back...did KP NM last week for BH comms. Took almost 45min.

Well, thats great but we all know that this stuff is coming. What we don't know is when. So, not realy a news for us.

Looks for me like "Hey look, great content is coming, so you must stay as a subscriber" And then we wait and wait and wait and nothing happens.

I mean how long will you tell us that Makeb is coming and TFB is coming without giving us a timewindow for release?

And where is HK?

Do you think Bioware is not trying to overcome mistakes they made in the past. They released some content that was game-breaking according to some; thus some customers were lost. I can only imagine this dry-spell is due to an assertive effort to not make that mistake again. Then again, more just a few customers were lost.

Do you think Bioware is not trying to overcome mistakes they made in the past. They released some content that was game-breaking according to some; thus some customers were lost. I can only imagine this dry-spell is due to an assertive effort to not make that mistake again. Then again, more just a few customers were lost.

I think that's part of this communities concern...it's mine at least...I'm not convinced Bioware understands what their mistakes were. If they do, they most certainly haven't acknowledged them, so I'm terribly unclear what Bioware is thinking. They appear, to me, to be making absolutely no effort to rectify what's wrong...instead, they appear to be looking for ways (again, imo) to milk me for more money, not get the nearly 2 million customers back.

They appear complacent and sloppy ...not concerned.

Where are chat bubbles?

Where is pazaak?

Where is swoop racing?

Where is a true free-roam space aspect?

Where are the community aspects that bring people together, and give players a sense of control over their galaxy?

These are the things I'd like to see that would truly motivate to log on. Not more operations which I seldom play to begin with. Warzones can be fun, but after a while it's just the same thing.

They may be considering holding most of the existing unreleased content, for a holiday "expansion" release. The 2 most recenltly released nearly identical trailer videos went from "coming soon", to "the future of TOR". Edited by Insomnio