See the future of The Old Republic!

CourtneyWoods

Mate, stay cool.

I do agree that we want original content, lots of it and a.s.a.p.

BUT, you should not tell other players not to be exited about Cathar. Some of them are, just check this thread, a lot of people actually do look forward to playing one.

A clear sign of something we should all know, different people like different thinks.

I agree that as a community we should work together and stick together.

By that i mean that I will support whatever additions to the game you want, under the condition that you support whatever I want.

But lets face it, in the none of us have infested as much in this game as Bioware has, so we do not GET to decide what they do with this game.

Its their game even more than it is ours. We can just try to tell them, in a friendly way, what we would like to see. And since they want our money as much as a good game, they might respond.

All i am saying is, this "wild-mob-thing" we got going in the Forums has got to stop...

No one can take us serious like that, we all sound like a bunch of 12 year olds stomping our feed on the ground wanting another slice of pie RIGHT NOW.

So yeah, relax mate, let those people work. The things they are doing are great. This is a great game, the only real problem it has, its to damn young, and thats why there is so little content...

Thank you!!

You wrote everything i was thinking.

People stop ************ about the game not being perfect yet.. It will be, just give it some time..

I look forward to this patch, its gonna be awesome! - but what about cross server pvp'ing? Is that coming soon (:?

• Replies 330
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thank you!!

You wrote everything i was thinking.

People stop ************ about the game not being perfect yet.. It will be, just give it some time..

I look forward to this patch, its gonna be awesome! - but what about cross server pvp'ing? Is that coming soon (:?

Thats because i am pure awesomeness, and everything i say is worth gold. At all times. Period.

Aside from that, what we really need is a poll system, that way we could vote on what changes we want made, and the admins could see how many people actually want a certain change.

Just think of it: Every month we get to vote on the 10 things we want changed, and the top 5 get done, the bottom 5 get put into the next poll.

That way they could no longer think that just a small percentage of players want a certain change, but that at least the number of votees want something done.

The best part about it: It would finally stop all those people in the forums that write stuff like:

Most players want thing A!

To which someone (always!) replies: NO! YOU IDIOT, MOST PEOPLE IN THIS GAME WANT THING B! GO THING B!!!

ONLY NOOBS WANT THING A!

Where do all these people get their numbers from?

Like everyone on here claims to be part of the majority but still (verbally) attacks everyone else....

Thats because i am pure awesomeness, and everything i say is worth gold. At all times. Period.

Aside from that, what we really need is a poll system, that way we could vote on what changes we want made, and the admins could see how many people actually want a certain change.

Just think of it: Every month we get to vote on the 10 things we want changed, and the top 5 get done, the bottom 5 get put into the next poll.

That way they could no longer think that just a small percentage of players want a certain change, but that at least the number of votees want something done.

The best part about it: It would finally stop all those people in the forums that write stuff like:

To which someone (always!) replies: NO! YOU IDIOT, MOST PEOPLE IN THIS GAME WANT THING B! GO THING B!!!

ONLY NOOBS WANT THING A!

Like everyone on here claims to be part of the majority but still (verbally) attacks everyone else....

Any polls though would have to be in game, as the vast majority of MMO players never visit the forums.

Going f2p and the release of a simple race such as Cathar is a pure and simple sign that they've failed and could never compete at the level WoW has (all panda's aside). It's those minigames that would save it. I started playing this game with high expectations of peripheral Star Wars gimmicks to make it unique. This game lacks the feel that was much anticipated by multitudes. BioWare did well with what they were given, but EA's corporate strangulation completely ruined any hope this game had. It needed much more beta testing (even alpha testing of the game engine).

Released too little too soon.

I possibly will play again but it will be purely contingent on the following.

~Speeder bike racing (customizable bikes)

~Multiplayer space battles OFF THE RAIL SYSTEM ie. Rogue Squadron

~Gambling Tables on Nar Shadaa with Pazaak / slots

~Playable species actually worth while (see the many lists provided above)

Tbh I was surprised Ithorian of all things hasn't been released. It was them that had a big todo in the KoTOR series with helping Taris. Cathar is a simple humanoid easily coded and as far as I'm concerned, also lacks the SW feel. To me its sign of their acceptance of failure and they're looking to do as little as possible until they ultimately capsize this project... oh wait f2p is coming so that's already underway. -_-

ONLY NOOBS WANT THING A!

Any polls though would have to be in game, as the vast majority of MMO players never visit the forums.

We still need an in game barber shop why not release that?... how hard could it be to implement it into the game especially since it's already there (Character Creation)... please Bioware me and the majority of the other players want a gosh darn customization vendor so we can change our hair, cybernetics, masks, etc. This game is about character building and progression so it's needed...

We still need an in game barber shop why not release that?... how hard could it be to implement it into the game especially since it's already there (Character Creation)... please Bioware me and the majority of the other players want a gosh darn customization vendor so we can change our hair, cybernetics, masks, etc. This game is about character building and progression so it's needed...

Lol is this a troll? I can't tell.

If we would get a poll system to decide which features we should get,

I do agree that they should put him ingame.

They should put that guy on the Fleets, propably somewhere near the Sozial Vendor...

They could even give out little rewards vor Voting... like i dont know yellow sparkle powder or something along those lines.

What i wonder about is: Should those votes be "one per account" or "one per Charakter (of certain level maybe)" ?

PS: i wonder if the Admins are reading this...

Maybe we should start (yet another "complain") thread, about the idea of getting a poll-system.

What do you guys think?

I see nothing to get all excited about all they are doing is giving us the same stuff we all ready have with a new skin on it. Oh a new species, which if you have 8 characters now means you will have to delete one and then grind to 50 again. Then still have nothing to do once you are there other than do the same old FP & OP's over and over again with just a new look. (if you can find enough players for a group)

How long do they expect this game to last, maybe I am wrong and the player base will just be satisfied to have the same thing handed to them over and over with a new coat of paint, and blindly wander the universe waiting for the next planet or Op's mission.

But I am pretty sure this will not stop the bleeding of players from the game or bring back those that have already left. They need to do one of two things either get some dev's with some imagination and add new directions to the content we already have, like some of the things from previous Star Wars games, which just might save this one.

Or put this one out of its misery like you would do an injured animal, just shoot it in the head and bury it.

If FTP and this new update is the best they can come up with and what we have to look forward to time after time, then the latter of the two above would be their best choice.

If we would get a poll system to decide which features we should get,

I do agree that they should put him ingame.

They should put that guy on the Fleets, propably somewhere near the Sozial Vendor...

They could even give out little rewards vor Voting... like i dont know yellow sparkle powder or something along those lines.

What i wonder about is: Should those votes be "one per account" or "one per Charakter (of certain level maybe)" ?

PS: i wonder if the Admins are reading this...

Maybe we should start (yet another "complain") thread, about the idea of getting a poll-system.

What do you guys think?

Some of us have been suggesting in game polls just after the login screen.

What do you guys think?

Do it, I was thinking about doing it for awhile but I just didn't feel like it. Be sure to word the thread as a question like: "Why don't we have a poll to decide things?" so that it doesn't get moved to the suggestions forum.

Edited by Tuscad

Do it, I was thinking about doing it for awhile but I just didn't feel like it. Be sure to word the thread as a question like: "Why don't we have a poll to decide things?" so that it doesn't get moved to the suggestions forum.

You know what, I just did... ^^ Thank you for the encouragement!

Now I only hope that people will actually visit it, and that it might actually change something.

That would be awesome.

I see nothing to get all excited about all they are doing is giving us the same stuff we all ready have with a new skin on it. Oh a new species, which if you have 8 characters now means you will have to delete one and then grind to 50 again. Then still have nothing to do once you are there other than do the same old FP & OP's over and over again with just a new look. (if you can find enough players for a group)

How long do they expect this game to last, maybe I am wrong and the player base will just be satisfied to have the same thing handed to them over and over with a new coat of paint, and blindly wander the universe waiting for the next planet or Op's mission.

But I am pretty sure this will not stop the bleeding of players from the game or bring back those that have already left. They need to do one of two things either get some dev's with some imagination and add new directions to the content we already have, like some of the things from previous Star Wars games, which just might save this one.

Or put this one out of its misery like you would do an injured animal, just shoot it in the head and bury it.

If FTP and this new update is the best they can come up with and what we have to look forward to time after time, then the latter of the two above would be their best choice.

I completely agree. I reluctantly after 9 months have finally unsubbed. I started playing WoW again :sul_embarrassed: If I'm going to play any cookie cutter MMO (PVE PVP LEVELING CRAFTING) I'm going to do it nearly bugfree + arenas + minigames.

I was sorely upset at the scavenger hunt. Can't help but comment on the lack of creativity. I couldn't pick up 4 boxes without getting so bored I had to log out and level yet another alt.

I've said it in the suggestion box many times... I'd love to see a Star Wars / Kotor feeling being implemented with the following:

~Speeder bike racing (customizable bikes)

~Multiplayer space battles OFF THE RAIL SYSTEM ie. Rogue Squadron, even the ability for friends to operate turrets on your ship. A great example (for RP if nothing else) of this can be seen in "A New Hope" :csw_falcon:

~Gambling Tables on Nar Shadaa with Pazaak / slots

~Playable species actually worth while (see the many lists provided above)

~Not just 1 new species but MANY new species to choose from. It is Star Wars right? I know you're just starting your journey but a Jawa species you already have the voice-acting for. Not to mention it'd be cool to have a race that doesn't speak galactic basic as his primary language (if the option could be available) to have him speak is some gutteral alien tongue. This would be easy for opening up the playability of an Ithorian or Rodian species. :rod_wink_g::i_wink:

So much could you have learned from games ranging back to N64 with Rogue Squadron - up PC games such as your late greats Kotor 1 and 2, yet so little did you implement as your expensive voice acting and decent cinematics can only be enjoyed so much.

Any Dev mind helping ease our minds on this and other issues?

Want to know what this game needs? They need to optimize performance on what exists or do a complete reboot with an engine that can handle players and graphics. 10 FPS when there's more then 4 or 5 people around is not acceptable for an MMO. Then Bioware needs to convince EA to take Earth and Beyond out of the closet, dust it off and look at it really closely, and redevelop the basics of that for the space side of this game. That would add what equates to a second game worth of content to what exists now.

Want to know what this game needs? They need to optimize performance on what exists or do a complete reboot with an engine that can handle players and graphics. 10 FPS when there's more then 4 or 5 people around is not acceptable for an MMO. Then Bioware needs to convince EA to take Earth and Beyond out of the closet, dust it off and look at it really closely, and redevelop the basics of that for the space side of this game. That would add what equates to a second game worth of content to what exists now.

I vote for the Earth & Beyond replacement for this crappy rail system they have now. Problem is many here have no idea what EnB or SWG are, both of which had a good space game that could stand on its own. As for the latter there is allot that could be used from it to help this game.

I'd just like to be able to wear a T-shirt and sit at a table in a cantina. Cantinas should be the centre of social play - playing pazaak would be a nice bonus, as would gettig drunk, having a fist-fight (with other players) and watching a decent band.

Get the waitresses to actually go around selling drinks (and the dancers!) and it could all be some very enjoyable mayhem! Much easier to implement than yet another operation/warzone....