See the future of The Old Republic!

CourtneyWoods

• Replies 330
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Are they going to increase the level cap though. :rak_02:

I though they originally said when the new planet came out, but notice they didn't mention anything in the trailer.

somebody tell me what is happening

:confused::confused::confused:

Han shot first. Edited by Sorwen

You know what they really need is more classes. Like more jedi and sith classes also more encouraged pvp!:tran_tongue: respond on the idea get it noticed also more charicter slots but i think they are working on that

I'd love to see more classes, but since classes are tied to story (and voice over work) I think if it happens it'll be in an expansion.

I've suggested that a "neutral" expansion would work well to add more classes and more species. "grey" Jedi would be potential

If you have played through the Inquisitor story with Ashara there is a hint that there are Jedi out there willing to work with Sith

It also would allow for them to allow people who want to play their story line more neutral and less (Dark or Light) to get more rewards. Other possibilities include Bothan Spies, Wookiee Beserkers, Tera Kasi artists, Mandalorian duelists (using Beskad swords),

A less robust option (but cheaper to develop) would be to add new branches of existing class, so a dual saber wielding A Jedi Counselor/Sith Inquistor, A Jedi Knight/Sith Warrior with a double bladed saber, A Trooper with a sniper rifle, a Bounty Hunter with heavy weapons, a Smuggler with a carbine, an Imperial Agent with a blaster pistol.

Dear Devs,

Please stop being so vague with actual dates/times/etc. The community would really appreciate it if you would stop being so secretative with everything. We had to wait 4 months just to get a peep out of you about nightmare EC coming soon...still waiting...and now you are saying TFB is coming in september great thats a little better. Could you please give us actual dates though? I would like to know how long I have to wait in between content updates. The 6 week estimate/promise BW gave earlier isn't good enough since we know there are always delays. It would be nice to know what exactly is coming and when. Instead I feel like every event or new piece of content is an ambush...they just pop up out of nowhere and if Im lucky I find out maybe 10 hours in advance and thats only because I find the info on some fan site because you guys fail to post the info here first. I'm getting tired of the ambushes and vague responses. Give me actual information with details please!

"Patience.. Learn you must!" LOL all I'm hoping for is that they'll fix the dang GTN, personally. :-D

SW TOR is a vector for Fantasy/Action & Adventure to all of us that play. updates, additions, skins & cosmetics all matter to us as Subs. What interests me is, Why is it that your Customer Service can do in a very short time what your PR and Media group can't , please the Sub, with great service and prompt delivery.

Yes i want more content, new adventures, and greater depth. Yet i would prefer that all the minor aspects that cause at times a very troublesome period of game play. these aspects could be addressed in an aggressive pre release series of minor updates and adjustments.

Since the server moves i have had an increase in GFX and general play hitches [ as in at crucial combat moments] that have been a bane in the PVP arenas and in Group Ops.

Please if nothing else address these aspects of game play prior to new major " " content introduction. Nothing like having old problems plague New Content.

How about a longer server test on the TS. and how about more instanced locals to reduce negative server and game play impact.

Not to be a neg sub... i say bring on the new content , amaze me, awe me with GFX that make my jaw drop, make me amazed and tell all my associates that SW TOR is THE game to play w/o reservation.

I await to be slack jaw, slapped in the face, dazed into oblivion, drooling like a baby with a sucker, proud and joyous Community member of the SW TOR Galaxy

You know what they really need is more classes. Like more jedi and sith classes also more encouraged pvp!:tran_tongue: respond on the idea get it noticed also more charicter slots but i think they are working on that
I was discussing this with a few friends recently, and we rather hope the expansion/revision with classes goes something like so:

The Smuggler and Bounty Hunter depart from the Republic and Empire, respectively. The Imperials, after a recent upswing in recruitment drives and their success on the front lines introduced their own proper Imperial Soldier class, while the Republic (having been slapped around a bit too much) realizes it needs more SiS Operatives in the field. Meanwhile, the Smugs/BH in their neutral faction have their freedoms helpfully reinforced by resisting the pull of either Galactic Government with the aid of Voss Mystics (Inquisitor/Consular parallel) and the ever-increasing ranks of the Revanites (Knight/Warrior).

For a little flavor, the mystics are only Voss, unless you've got other races unlocked via your legacy.

As for character slots, the information available (thin as it has been) leads me to strongly believe that SWTOR is going down the DDO path of account unlocks, and you will buy extra character slots with Cartel Currency from the new shop. They've got plenty of incentive to do it this way, as all the F2Pers will need to do it for more character space, being so highly restricted. If that's what they do, I'm absolutely okay with it, as long as they don't price their store items like they did the supposed legacy benefits, where you need a 2nd job just to unlock a few basic useful goods.

I just hope they add in things that seem to be oversights. What sort of cosmetic unlocks would I drop coin on? Facial hair, and/or tattoos on people who have implants. Cyber implants on non-humans. (Cyborg is not a species you cheap gits). Things like that.

I think they're going the right direction - it lets those who can't afford regular subs get some action. it lets those who *do* continune to excel, and it makes way for nickel and diming the hell out of people for trivial social things. Me included. I would murder an orphanage to get a set of the Chiss uniforms for my legacy (Capt. Yudrass on Hoth wears the one I'm talking about). Make that adaptive gear and sell a kit on the cartel market for a reasonable fee? I'm all over it. I like the look, I'll mod the hell out of it. Just make it available. For a *reasonable* fee.

Me 4 minutes ago: Yay new video!

Me now: Nothing new again, what a waste of energy.

You do know there are people who don't roll alts or do Ops right?

This is a legitimate question to you...

What do you want to do, if you wont do end game dungeons or roll an alt? What do you honestly want to do for fun?

If it's PVP then that's something I get, but I can't think of anything else to do at the end of any MMO, besides end game dungeons, PVP, or funding a Twink alt.

There are many questions about what to add in the game (companion, wz, species and so on...) but what about new character classes ? Is it even possible to add a 5th (or even more) new one to each faction ? Something that could make attractive to play a new specy (Cathar, Togruta, Notola and the like ?).

Anyone knows something about that ?

Bit more than 1 week old post and only 20 page of replies. Isn't this forbidding enough BW/EA?

We are TIRED of constant ********, that you throws at our face. No, i'm not excited, nor happy to listen all these craps.

You strained our nerves enough.

Everything looks good... i just cant understand Cathar. Ya i know Juhani was an important character from Kotor, but come on. There are so many other races out their that are better then Cathar. Nautolans, Togruta, Kaleesh, Kel Dor. Hell id even take a Weequay or a Gran before Cathar. Cathar are basicly just another human, with lines on their face, and pointy ears. All i can hope for is they are saving the good races for the first X-pac, and they will allow race changes.

Been defending you since Beta, with the huge bugs that made the game not ready for release when you did any way. Have defended you since release with bugs in it STILL from Beta with CE purchase and every single month subscription wise.

Defended you when you took large scale PVP out, defended you when you ignored HUGE server imbalances for months... Damn it see a growing trend here..

WHY not STOP TAKING our money and wasting it on RECYCLED CG Trailers that promise the world, and Coming Soon! patches, and wait for it! sit down and hold your breath... FIX THE GAME, and MAKE NEW CONTENT.

F2P come on... Think people are going to spend cash at your cash store to unlock broken/no existent content? Think people are going to buy new character slots for the same reskinned model?

Who's the Business Director there, cause I know a handful of 8 year olds that understand customer service and ways to bring in MORE business that the current ones..

You're not fixing the game, you're not adding anything new. Youhave major compeition coming out in just a few weeks, and about 1 and 2 months out. That actually have dates, and new things, and new content, and new mechanics, and different skins, and play modes that actually work... You talk about fixing the game, and making it what it's supposed to be, stop dropping the buck, step up to the plate, and show us YOU CAN.. Although it is already too late..

Thank the Eye of Thundera, we finally got the Cathar…….YES!! Just when I thought the game was getting boring they add a race that needs to be dipped for fleas and tick. So now I can make a sexy Cathar agent that will steal your heart, scratch out the eyes of the bad old Empire and cough up hair balls as there special attack. Break out the advantix flea and tick collar because I got me a thunder cat to play!! Woot! Thunder, Thunder, Thunder cats, hoooooo! Oh, can I please get snarf as a pet!!

Don’t forget to have your pets spayed or neutered!

Also why cathar and not togrutas?

I too was hoping for Togrutas, cat people? If I wanted to play cat people I'd go play GW2. Which at this point seems to be quite viable.

Also nothing about Cross-Server Group Finder or PVP?

Also this paying for Legacy perks is getting out of hand, If we reach "X" Lvl of legacy we should get something unlocked because we earned it, not earn it then shell out a few Mil creds to get it. Skills costs through leveling is enough.

Edited by Deamon_Samurai

I was discussing this with a few friends recently, and we rather hope the expansion/revision with classes goes something like so:

The Smuggler and Bounty Hunter depart from the Republic and Empire, respectively. The Imperials, after a recent upswing in recruitment drives and their success on the front lines introduced their own proper Imperial Soldier class, while the Republic (having been slapped around a bit too much) realizes it needs more SiS Operatives in the field. Meanwhile, the Smugs/BH in their neutral faction have their freedoms helpfully reinforced by resisting the pull of either Galactic Government with the aid of Voss Mystics (Inquisitor/Consular parallel) and the ever-increasing ranks of the Revanites (Knight/Warrior).

For a little flavor, the mystics are only Voss, unless you've got other races unlocked via your legacy.

As for character slots, the information available (thin as it has been) leads me to strongly believe that SWTOR is going down the DDO path of account unlocks, and you will buy extra character slots with Cartel Currency from the new shop. They've got plenty of incentive to do it this way, as all the F2Pers will need to do it for more character space, being so highly restricted. If that's what they do, I'm absolutely okay with it, as long as they don't price their store items like they did the supposed legacy benefits, where you need a 2nd job just to unlock a few basic useful goods.

I just hope they add in things that seem to be oversights. What sort of cosmetic unlocks would I drop coin on? Facial hair, and/or tattoos on people who have implants. Cyber implants on non-humans. (Cyborg is not a species you cheap gits). Things like that.

I think they're going the right direction - it lets those who can't afford regular subs get some action. it lets those who *do* continune to excel, and it makes way for nickel and diming the hell out of people for trivial social things. Me included. I would murder an orphanage to get a set of the Chiss uniforms for my legacy (Capt. Yudrass on Hoth wears the one I'm talking about). Make that adaptive gear and sell a kit on the cartel market for a reasonable fee? I'm all over it. I like the look, I'll mod the hell out of it. Just make it available. For a *reasonable* fee.

if you do that you split up the factions and you piss of a lot of people since they can't play with their friends.

What they should do is just add the Hutt Cartel as a third faction. Give them 4 new classes that are based off the current ones. Such as Brawler (mirror of Jedi Knight or Sith Warrior) Hutt Enforcer ( mirror of Trooper/ BH) and so on.

You give them 4 new story lines to play and also make it so you can play all the weird races.

Add maybe 2 or 3 new 3 way PVP Warzones and keep the old ones and you are set.

The Smuggler and Bounty Hunter depart from the Republic and Empire, respectively. The Imperials, after a recent upswing in recruitment drives and their success on the front lines introduced their own proper Imperial Soldier class, while the Republic (having been slapped around a bit too much) realizes it needs more SiS Operatives in the field. [...]

I rather liked that you said this. I personally find it rather odd that the Smuggler and the Bounty Hunter are part of factions - when in my mind they are neutral self-serving independents. The Smuggler is made to be like the Imperial Agent and the Bounty Hunter like the Republic Trooper - keeping the game balanced and ofc being must-haves for the game and the SW Universe - but that doesnt mean they have to be on any sort of side/part of any sort of faction. Clearly there is a light side and a dark side outside of the Republic and Empire - so no problems there either. That said, they should ofc have missions in which they choose to help the Republic or Empire - that would obviously happen and would help tie them into the game better with the rest. Or else have them choose in the beginning which side they will ally with (a little like another game we all know...lol). That would make a lot more sense.

Cyber implants on non-humans. (Cyborg is not a species you cheap gits). [...]

Again something i really agree with. Good grief - SW is full of Cyborg aliens as well.... General Grievous comes to mind as a very famous example!

Its prolly too late, but it prolly would be a good idea to scrap Cyborgs off of the species list and instead make it this cosmetic reward you get from Legacy that you can decide to spend your creds on that also gives you one cool ability depending on what cyborg implant you choose (like if you choose implants to better your sight then you have an ability to see far into the distance - or range can be temporarily increased with CD) - and this being something everyone can get with a high enough Legacy level and enough creds no matter what species you pick.

Ye... this is most likely quite pointless to point out though. xD

I rather liked that you said this. I personally find it rather odd that the Smuggler and the Bounty Hunter are part of factions - when in my mind they are neutral self-serving independents. The Smuggler is made to be like the Imperial Agent and the Bounty Hunter like the Republic Trooper - keeping the game balanced and ofc being must-haves for the game and the SW Universe - but that doesnt mean they have to be on any sort of side/part of any sort of faction. Clearly there is a light side and a dark side outside of the Republic and Empire - so no problems there either. That said, they should ofc have missions in which they choose to help the Republic or Empire - that would obviously happen and would help tie them into the game better with the rest. Or else have them choose in the beginning which side they will ally with (a little like another game we all know...lol). That would make a lot more sense.

While I don't disagree with the basic logic to this, the design of the game was set up so each class had a story and that story followed a parallel to each planets story. Because of this I don't see how you can divorce Smugglers and Bounty Hunters from their factions. Now you could make Rep aligned BH's and Imp aligned Smuggler stories (Just like both sides should really have Agents and Troopers). You could also make a neutral faction that has classes that mirrored all 4 of the archetypes with a different "skin" and story.

[...]

Also this paying for Legacy perks is getting out of hand, If we reach "X" Lvl of legacy we should get something unlocked because we earned it, not earn it then shell out a few Mil creds to get it. Skills costs through leveling is enough.

Good point.

:ph_agree:

While I don't disagree with the basic logic to this, the design of the game was set up so each class had a story and that story followed a parallel to each planets story. Because of this I don't see how you can divorce Smugglers and Bounty Hunters from their factions. Now you could make Rep aligned BH's and Imp aligned Smuggler stories (Just like both sides should really have Agents and Troopers). You could also make a neutral faction that has classes that mirrored all 4 of the archetypes with a different "skin" and story.

Welllll.... sorry but ... duh. :i_tongue: Of course things would then have to be changed. Like their starting quests and story quests.... How else?

That is exactly what i am suggesting. -> Not to say that it will happen as it will be a lot of work and i do not and will not underestimate that.

Edited by TheSunStar