RP-PvP "Lord Calypho" - Excluded from Transfers...

LovarBoy

Hi folks,

I've seen a lot of back and forth from RPers that want people to stay on their servers and from people that want to option to transfer out to a different PvP server. There are, understandably, concerns on both sides.

My question to you all: as a community on one of these three servers, what ideal solutions do you folks have in mind? I'm not saying we have the capability of doing anything, but I genuinely want to hear your thoughts.Thank you!

PvP server

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi folks,

I've seen a lot of back and forth from RPers that want people to stay on their servers and from people that want to option to transfer out to a different PvP server. There are, understandably, concerns on both sides.

My question to you all: as a community on one of these three servers, what ideal solutions do you folks have in mind? I'm not saying we have the capability of doing anything, but I genuinely want to hear your thoughts.Thank you!

Good question.. Firstly the answer is going to be different for each person.

1. Some people will want to stay on a RP server, now there isn't enough to have three seperate servers but there may be enough to have 1 multi language server.

2. Doing nothing will just force people to reroll or quit.

3. Give those who are are prepared to move to a different type of server, or does not want to move to a multi language the option to move to an appropiate RP-PVE or standard PVP server.

Finally you have hinted there may be future phases to servers including specific server transfers (maybe at a cost) Now that the 1st phase has started and progressing well, just confirm the details of the remaining phases. You must know the overall plan.

Ideally I just need to know if I can move my character and legacy to a PVE server with some old friends, or if I cut my losses and reroll. Just give me the information to make an imformed decision.

To put it simply, give the RP-PVP players two servers with a choice to move to... one RP server, one PVP server. Those which value RP can go to the RP server, those which value PvP to a PvP server.

And those that value RP-PvP? There should be a third option to go to one of the other RP-PvP servers.

At last an answer. Nice to see you actually saw our Agony to continue playing your game and not quitting cause of one more bad decision you were about to made.

Thanks for that by the way.

Now regarding what I would prefer.

I am gonna give you 3 Suggestions, that should be applied to all 3 languages of RP-PVP servers who have the problem atm, and whichever you think it would be the best for Us just try doing it.

1st) Make Lord Calypho the destination server of the german and french RP-PVP ones.

I know that this may End with language problems , but after all it is the only way to actually save these 3 servers without Changing the type of the servere as you said that you would like. English is a language most of them would know anyway and I personally believe it would not mind the germans or the french to come to us if that allows them to play the game in a health population. Of course communication problems may occur this way, but isn't that better than being on a server where the only one left to talk is the NPCs?

2nd)Make RP-PVP (french, english or german ones) the destination servers of low populated PVP servers or RP-PVE ones

I really think noone from a pvp server would not mind comming to an rp-pvp one which will be crowded. After all their main aspect of the game which is PVP will still be there. Same applies to RP-PVE ones , rp will be there and PVE is always there. You can say that RP-PVE would have a problem with ganking etc. Not true since the way laveling is designed there is Very Slight Chance of the 2 factions to actually meet Somewhere in game.

3d)Give The RP-PVP 3 servers the chance to actually move to either A RP-PVE server either a PVP one

That would have some disadvantages meaning that if You actually do that the rp-pvp guys will actually lose one of the 2 abilities their server have. RP or PVP . BUT As the things are now Even that would be an acceptable solution for us. I mean it is better to play somewhere where they will be someone to play with rather than playing alone. Some Suggest we should be allowed to move to either PVP either RP-PVE by giving us a choise about where we would like to go. I think That this , even though it may sound like the ideal Solution keep it mind that it is kinda UNFAIR to ALL THE OTHER TRANSFERS. I mean why should we get special treatment and have destinations to pick from, so personally i think that would be unfair to the majority of the players of this game.

And that were my suggestions regarding Your question. Hope to hear from you soon, although the fact that you actually want feedback from us proves that you will do something about it in the end, since if you actually do not you will be treating a 1-2% (if we are so much which i doubt )of your clients in a different way than the 98-99% of the players.

I totally agree with davelis ... =D

And those that value RP-PvP? There should be a third option to go to one of the other RP-PvP servers.

I think that might just prove to prolong the dying tbh...i wish it were otherwise, but i think that "new" RP-pvp server would just gradually shrink until we're in the exact same situation again...that's what it feels like for me atm at least...

Hi folks,

I have a toon that was on Ajunta Pal that I moved to Jung Ma (or whatever it is). It's an east coast rp-pvp server. Honestly the character I rolled there I only rolled for the population since Ajunta Pal was the highest pop PvP server at the time. I'd love to move him over to Bastion (west coast PvP) with my other characters.

At last an answer. Nice to see you actually saw our Agony to continue playing your game and not quitting cause of one more bad decision you were about to made.

Thanks for that by the way.

Now regarding what I would prefer.

I am gonna give you 3 Suggestions, that should be applied to all 3 languages of RP-PVP servers who have the problem atm, and whichever you think it would be the best for Us just try doing it.

1st) Make Lord Calypho the destination server of the german and french RP-PVP ones.

I know that this may End with language problems , but after all it is the only way to actually save these 3 servers without Changing the type of the servere as you said that you would like. English is a language most of them would know anyway and I personally believe it would not mind the germans or the french to come to us if that allows them to play the game in a health population. Of course communication problems may occur this way, but isn't that better than being on a server where the only one left to talk is the NPCs?

2nd)Make RP-PVP (french, english or german ones) the destination servers of low populated PVP servers or RP-PVE ones

I really think noone from a pvp server would not mind comming to an rp-pvp one which will be crowded. After all their main aspect of the game which is PVP will still be there. Same applies to RP-PVE ones , rp will be there and PVE is always there. You can say that RP-PVE would have a problem with ganking etc. Not true since the way laveling is designed there is Very Slight Chance of the 2 factions to actually meet Somewhere in game.

3d)Give The RP-PVP 3 servers the chance to actually move to either A RP-PVE server either a PVP one

That would have some disadvantages meaning that if You actually do that the rp-pvp guys will actually lose one of the 2 abilities their server have. RP or PVP . BUT As the things are now Even that would be an acceptable solution for us. I mean it is better to play somewhere where they will be someone to play with rather than playing alone. Some Suggest we should be allowed to move to either PVP either RP-PVE by giving us a choise about where we would like to go. I think That this , even though it may sound like the ideal Solution keep it mind that it is kinda UNFAIR to ALL THE OTHER TRANSFERS. I mean why should we get special treatment and have destinations to pick from, so personally i think that would be unfair to the majority of the players of this game.

And that were my suggestions regarding Your question. Hope to hear from you soon, although the fact that you actually want feedback from us proves that you will do something about it in the end, since if you actually do not you will be treating a 1-2% (if we are so much which i doubt )of your clients in a different way than the 98-99% of the players.

I agree to this. This is probably what the developers themselves could have thought of, honestly. Not rocket science. Let's just sope they thought about it at all.

I have a toon that was on Ajunta Pal that I moved to Jung Ma (or whatever it is). It's an east coast rp-pvp server. Honestly the character I rolled there I only rolled for the population since Ajunta Pal was the highest pop PvP server at the time. I'd love to move him over to Bastion (west coast PvP) with my other characters.

This thread is about EU RP-PvP servers mate. At least you guys were given an option to transfer anywhere. ;)

That's got nothing to do with this thread and doesn't belong here. You've been given the choice to move from Ajunta Pal to Jung Ma. A RP-PvP to RP-PvP.

We are an RP-PvP server in the EU that is getting NO options to transfer to anything. None of the RP-PvP servers in the EU are.

Hopefully we can get something soon.

I'm hoping for a decision (not another MAYBE post) within a week. If it does not happen until then, it's pretty clear nothing is going to be done about our server (in terms of FREE transfers that is).

The reason we should get "special treatment" is because that were created disproportionately disadvantage those of us who are on the RP-PVP server. There is no solution that preserves the "same region, same type, same language" rule - we have to lose at least one of them. Therefore, in my eyes, the only fair solution is to provide each player/character the choice as to which of the those features they lose.

I still think a move to a non-RP PvP server should be offered with the others. Some may only want to RP PvP, and without one of those elements they'd rather not.

Hi folks,

Move all of us to PVP server or give us a choice between RP-PVE and PVP.

Hi folks,

Since someone decided to decimate the only RP-PvP West (Ajunta Pall) , we should at the very least be allowed to stay in the same data center. Right now I'm watching what was a medium population server drain of active players (including my guild) onto an east coast server (Jung Ma). I'm sure that's a great server but to me a three-fold increase in latency and losing my character's names is not an option. Ideally, I want this server to remain open and become a destination server to replace the players who left, but if you insist on dismantling my server and taking away my character's names (I pre-ordered on day 1 and logged in first minute of early access to secure them), the least you could do is offer me a west coast PvP server so I won't lag.

Hi folks,

I've seen a lot of back and forth from RPers that want people to stay on their servers

Forgive me for being picky here, but I kind of missed the 50 pages long thread of Lord Calypho's people shouting "we don't want transfers from our server". ;)

Since someone decided to decimate the only RP-PvP West (Ajunta Pall) , we should at the very least be allowed to stay in the same data center. Right now I'm watching what was a medium population server drain of active players (including my guild) onto an east coast server (Jung Ma). I'm sure that's a great server but to me a three-fold increase in latency and losing my character's names is not an option. Ideally, I want this server to remain open and become a destination server to replace the players who left, but if you insist on dismantling my server and taking away my character's names (I pre-ordered on day 1 and logged in first minute of early access to secure them), the least you could do is offer me a west coast PvP server so I won't lag.

cool story

this is about the only EU RP-PVP server and its population that has currently no options to transfer in/out and its semi dead

Move long

I would propose 1. and 2. ,

You make it sound as if it is the active players' fault which it is totally not.

Not at all, it's a fault of the "inactive" players or the active players that were willing to leave RP behind and re-roll on a populated server. You started with ONE server and still have ONE server. The technique of consolidating (their current "phase") doesn't help you.

RP servers are a minority in the MMO community. Nothing wrong with it, just a fact. So since your servers only have 1 server per type/area, there's nowhere to clearly consolidate you in a way that makes everybody happy. There might be a solution that makes YOU happy by transferring you onto a regular PvE or PvP server, but then the ONE RP server becomes more and more dead. It's a rough call, but ultimately, I'm certain they are going to give you the opportunity to move to a regular server there's truly no other option that gives the players the choice to be happy since nobody can invent RP players for you to play with. But the RP community will be paying the price.

It's like I keep saying. Your situation is unique. The community team has even directly asked the RP community what the "ideal resolution" for you would be. It's not an easy answer. If they simply transfer you to a more populated server, Bioware will again get the blame for "killing the RP community".

Also consider that the problems most servers are facing are not at all due to too many servers being opened at launch. People were just fleeing this game like crazy the past couple of months and now we got the result.

But WHY are they fleeing? Every new MMO launch has an initial HYPE phase where everybody hops on at the start and then a few months after, there is an initial percentage (not sure what the average is). Bioware was awre of it and even spoke about it after launch when everybody was getting queues that lasted HOURS because of the Hype.

So they were faced with an unanswerable question of adding more servers, KNOWING that the initial drop-off would cause the community to be spread out over multiple low pop servers (which "as it has" would result in many subscriptions being lost due to frustrations) or add additional server to placate the angry mobs who were frustrated with not being able to play the game due to long queues, which also results in lost subscriptions due to frustration. Either way, they were going to lose subscriptions and either way, the OTHER side were going to blame them for "not caring about them".

Many once high populated servers went down to unbareable light now. That's the consequence. It has little to do with opening too many servers in the first place (which didn't manage to get a decent population at all) but much more with the fact that many people left the game which left many servers with a very low population. It would be just as unfair of mine to tell you it would be your own fault. It's not.

Once again. I didn't blame the active players. It's a crap situation. They haven't resolved it as of yet because they are focused on the initial transfers. Improvements are having results on many of these servers. I would say "be patient" but I know it's the phrase that makes us all want to bang our heads against the monitor.

They are trying although they don't have the answer you are looking for at present. If it's not worth it to you, then unsubscribe (I mean this in a helpful way). There's no point in paying for something that isn't worth it to you. If you love the game (as many of us do) and can find someway to play the game that makes it worth $0.50 a day, do it until they resolve your issue.

As long as there has not even been an official word on another phase we can safely assume there is none for now. This is typical BioWare blabla 'soon', 'pherhaps', 'may' and 'we're doing everything we can...'.

It's kind of a "Schrodinger's Cat" argument, if they haven't told you about it, it doesn't exist. I don't presume to know other than they fact that the Community Team is now asking the RP community what they want them to do for them (Check the Dev Tracker). You could let them know and try to work with each other to get the game where you want it to be.

It's still a very young game,

cool story

this is about the only EU RP-PVP server and its population that has currently no options to transfer in/out and its semi dead

Move long

The post I was responding to was a general question about RP-PvP servers. Mind your own business.

Hi folks,

First off, you are NEVER going to keep everyone happy no matter what you end up doing. Everyone knows that. Some people will whine that they lost the only english EU RP-PVP server, others will qq about the fact that they were made to move on an RP-PVP server even though they have no desire to RP.

However, NOT doing anything or waiting until our server is deader than a Goth party, is definitely not the way anyone wishes you guys would go.

I have one question: since you still haven't made up your mind regarding us RP-PVP servers because of our "RP-" prefix, aren't you just letting things take their natural course leading to the inevitable death of our server(s)?

Seriously guys, this is something that you should have thought of before the transfers. If you're already pairing PVP servers with other PVP servers and PVE servers with other PVE servers...where does that leave us. RP-PVP servers, after just a few days of transfers?

Allow me to make it a bit more clear...

Say that everyone here says that we want people to come to us. And also say that you guys agree that's the best course of action. If there are no more low populated PVE/PVP/RP-PVE or whatever servers anymore (since by then you will have paired all PVErs to PVE servers, all PVPrs to PVP servers etc.) does it matter what WE think? The way you are going, in the end we'll inevitably be "thrown" to a medium-to-high populated server, just to survive. And then the kind of server will not even be taken into consideration.

What I'm trying to say is that all that really matters is that you come up with a solution, FAST. (emphasis on the FAST).

People will eventually get bored of waiting 40min-2hrs for a warzone, they will start leaving the game, or best case scenario, they will reroll on another server. All of the above are things that will hurt your players on Lord Calypho more than just people whose names are "Yomamasofat" will hurt the RP element of the game.

Plus, I don't get what's all this fuss with RPing. If people want to RP they can RP no matter where they are. The only place where you can't RP is a dead server with 10 people (at best) on all planets except the starting planet and the capital.

For me the best solution would be to either allow us to transfer to another PVP server or transfer to us people from PVP servers. I imagine you'd prefer to keep your only english EU RP-PVP server, so maybe the latter solution would be better. And come on... it's not like RP-PVP is SOOO different than PVP in this game... No one would leave because they went from a dead PVP server to a lively RP-PVP server.

So transfer people to us, give us the chance to transfer to a better server or merge RP-PVP servers... You know the real numbers so you know better than we do what would actually help the game.

But please do it fast ( and I cannot stress "fast" enough when other AAA MMOs are just around the corner).

Before all of us who have been playing (and paying for) the game since day 1, decide that your unfair treatment to our server surpasses our love for the game.

Edited by TheNahash

I really think noone from a pvp server would not mind comming to an rp-pvp one which will be crowded. After all their main aspect of the game which is PVP will still be there. Same applies to RP-PVE ones , rp will be there and PVE is always there.

This is essentially the crux of the problem. There's no way to resolve the issue for a "SINGULAR" RP server without effectively KILLING the RP aspect of it.

• You can't merge the server with other countries without creating problems with language barriers or conflicts of "peak times".
  • You can't really merge an RP-PvE server with a regular PvE server without the obvious problems that RP players are going to get with being hassled by non-RP players and destroying the RP environment you may be enjoying.
  • There's no way to offer free transfers to either targeted or non-targeted servers without destroying the ONLY origin server of that type.

Granted, there aren't better options (that I'm aware of) and to me, allowing you guys to transfer to a regular server (ie RP PvP to PvP) so you can play on a populated server is your only real solution. You would just have to accept the fact that RP is either dead or going to be REALLY difficult for you now.

You can say that RP-PVE would have a problem with ganking etc. Not true since the way laveling is designed there is Very Slight Chance of the 2 factions to actually meet Somewhere in game.

Famous last words. One of the biggest complaints on PvP servers are the "griefers" that will run around on a low level planet with a high level toon because they think it makes them bad-asses. If you believe they will never meet and it's not an issue, Thumbs up. You have more faith than I.

Edited by Jaavik

2 words

move along and enjoy ur transfer that has been given

WE DONT HAVE IT

Why are you even responding to me? My post was a response to a dev's post asking the community as a whole what their thoughts were about RP-PvP transfers. I don't see what you are trying to accomplish.