RP-PvP "Lord Calypho" - Excluded from Transfers...

LovarBoy

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi folks,

I've seen a lot of back and forth from RPers that want people to stay on their servers and from people that want to option to transfer out to a different PvP server. There are, understandably, concerns on both sides.

My question to you all: as a community on one of these three servers, what ideal solutions do you folks have in mind? I'm not saying we have the capability of doing anything, but I genuinely want to hear your thoughts.Thank you!

Thanks for taking the time to respond to us.

My views are as follows:

The current situation is unsustainable, as has been commented on repeatedly - the populations on these servers aren't sufficient. In my opinion, making transfers to the RP-PVP servers won't solve it, as those who want to RP-PVP probably are already doing so, and the likelihood is that populations will remain too low.

So if something is changing, the current RP-PVP players should have a choice about which direction. So four options should be offered:

1. Transfer to a designated RP-PVE server.
  2. Transfer to a designated PVP server.
  3. Transfer to a designated PVE server.
  4. Transfer to a newly formed European RP-PVP server, consisting of all 3 (and possibly any future) languages.

This solution would offer everyone a choice that is at least close to what they want. You may ask "why include an option to move to a non-RP PVE server? Thats the total opposite of what the current server offers!" Well, why not. This option would required the ability for BioWare to offer a choice of destinations, so any technical barrier would have already been overcome, and a little extra choice - considering there is pretty much not extra cost - is always a good thing.

If anyone can think of a group of people who would not be reasonably satisfied with the above suggestion, please let me know and I'll try and amend it to fit.

Oh, and of course, all of the above would be free ;)

If there's no other server of the same type in a region for people to transfer to from a dead server, then they should be given some sort of option.....perhaps like someone else mentioned, RP-PVP to a PVP server in the region. However, if people just don't like the server type they chose, then they should have to wait until the next phase of server transfers. This first phase is focused on helping get people off dead servers, and rightly so. If you picked a PVE server and now you want to transfer to a PVP server or vice-versa, then those people should have to wait until the next phase of server transfers....which most people assume will be paid transfers to any, or at least several, servers. BW is trying to fix the population issues here which are affecting a large group of players, not cater the system to fix one person making a bad choice of server types and then continuing to play on that server without re-rolling to a different server type.

If there's no other server of the same type in a region for people to transfer to from a dead server, then they should be given some sort of option.....perhaps like someone else mentioned, RP-PVP to a PVP server in the region. However, if people just don't like the server type they chose, then they should have to wait until the next phase of server transfers. This first phase is focused on helping get people off dead servers, and rightly so. If you picked a PVE server and now you want to transfer to a PVP server or vice-versa, then those people should have to wait until the next phase of server transfers....which most people assume will be paid transfers to any, or at least several, servers. BW is trying to fix the population issues here which are affecting a large group of players, not cater the system to fix one person making a bad choice of server types and then continuing to play on that server without re-rolling to a different server type.

Go read the first post of this thread, Lord C is the only EU English Rp-PVP server, we have no where to transfer to and our server is as dead as any other, hence why we have a 56 page thread about it.

Hi folks,

I've seen a lot of back and forth from RPers that want people to stay on their servers and from people that want to option to transfer out to a different PvP server. There are, understandably, concerns on both sides.

My question to you all: as a community on one of these three servers, what ideal solutions do you folks have in mind? I'm not saying we have the capability of doing anything, but I genuinely want to hear your thoughts.Thank you!

HI

first of all Ty for ur answer

The solution is pretty clear:

open a PVP destination

open a RP destination

open a PVE destination

or try to converge other servers in lord Calypho so we can have a healthy population, actually we are the same 40-50 guys killing each others with a pretty decent PVP level, but is getting slower and boring

Ty again

I am willing to transfer to any kind of server, provided that it is English speaking. You could merge the uk and USA rp-pvp servers, although I can see that might cause trouble for people with high pings.

There should be an option to transfer provided to us. It is unfair to prevent people on one kind of server from transferring to a higher population server when the option is provided to everyone else. If people don't like the kind of server offered, they don't have to transfer. Offering a choice to us of rp or pvp but no option to select the type of destination server to other kinds of servers is less unfair than denying us the chance to transfer at all.

Also, if we are not given an option to transfer this time, we should not be charged if an option is provided at a later date.

HI

first of all Ty for ur answer

The solution is pretty clear:

open a PVP destination

open a RP destination

open a PVE destination

or try to converge other servers in lord Calypho so we can have a healthy population, actually we are the same 40-50 guys killing each others with a pretty decent PVP level, but is getting slower and boring

Ty again

This well said groncho

Korsin val :) merc lord calypho

Hi folks,

To put it simply, give the RP-PVP players two servers with a choice to move to... one RP server, one PVP server. Those which value RP can go to the RP server, those which value PvP to a PvP server.

Hi folks,

Thank you for your reply.

1) Make LC a destination server for some smaller PvP servers

~or~

2) Open transfers for LC to a NA Rp-PvP server

~or~

3) Open transfers for LC to both a Rp-PvE & a PvP

Also, you're making the erroneous assumption that anyone leaving a PvP server for an RP-PvP server are NOT RPers.

How many RPers are there that did not roll on a RP server ? Not too many I guess.

What you are proposing would require them to change their WHOLE transfer policy, generating incredibly vast amounts of QQ.

What the vast majority here are proposing (RP-PvP -> PvP or RP-PvP -> RP-PvE) requires Bioware to make an exception just for our server.

Which is completely justified since we got excluded (an exception from the general rule) from the transfers

Read this post with swearing inserted wherever possible - it would contain swearing if swearing were allowed. Never posted on an mmo forum before but this has annoyed me. I don't accept or believe that Bioware don't know what we want them to do about our dieing server or that they can't do anything about it. Loads of suggestions have been made - personally my preference is to be allowed to transfer to a pvp destination server - but Bioware just needs to pick one of the suggestions and implement it. Not "soon" but within the next couple of days. Seriously stop being so flipping stupid about this issue.

Been here since the damn start.

I mean when they hit the doors open I was there.. And I have loved the "danger" of "Open world PvP" but as soon as they would / will make it possible to move out to either PvE ( which means I lose the RP ) or RP server ( which would be .. The Progenitor RP-PvE English because every one else is heading there from other RP servers... ) I am out.

If they open only PvP server move.. That kills my characters my game on this server and all around it.

That would make me just roll another character on The Progenitor and start all over again - which yes would piss me off and would grind my sanity a bit but I do love the game and story so ... there would not be another possible direction.

Hi folks,

Nice to see a yellow so I'm gonna put my 2 creds on the table from a RP perspective

RP - Lord Calypho (origin) >> The Progenitor (destination)

PvP - Lord Calypho (origin) >> Darth Nihilus (destination)

Why.. The Progenitor got the best deal as far as RP goes in my PoV and Darth Nihilus seems to be a good choice or TOFN for the more pure PvP crowd.

I'm having a hard time picturing Lord Calypho getting an influx of new RP players without any kinda of transfers and so far it's weird that there are no transfering between the 3 EU RP-PvP servers (english / french / german) - I can only speculate that there are some language barriers BioWare wont touch or something?

Since Lord Calypho was not a destination in the very first day of transfers and the few RP servers (EU) in total I dont see it will ever recover or get any decent amount of new players in the natural way.

I went on the server because people I knew were going there. I don't RP, never have. In my opinion, the choice of either a destination RP server or PvP server would be best because people can take their main preference and just run with it. European all-languages RP-PvP server is also an acceptable choice because there's already plenty different languages in the chat and it will not hurt to make it more international. Very anxious about this though, hope that something will be decided soon.

European all-languages RP-PvP server is also an acceptable choice because there's already plenty different languages in the chat and it will not hurt to make it more international. Very anxious about this though, hope that something will be decided soon.

Making German, French and English servers was a very, very bad choice in the first place.

Mergin them would be one option, but realistically it's never going to happen. Bioware is terribly afraid of the dreaded "server merges" written all across the press.

Which is very ironic, because they are doing more damage to the community by trying to avoid the term "merges" at all possible cost. :(

I'm happy as long as there are options on the table for those who want to move. I don't think LC is all that dead in comparison to some other servers, but it will become that way fairly quickly if transfers are offered from it.

I think the best option is the one that has been presented most frequently in the thread:

Offer the choice between a RP-PVE server and a PvP server as destinations, and allow the individual player / guild to make the choice for themselves.

I do realize that this may cause issues for players from other servers who have only been offered a single destination option, but most fair-minded players out there will recognize that because of the ruleset, there is a need for "special" treatment for the RP-PvP community in this case.

Hi folks,

At last an answer. Nice to see you actually saw our Agony to continue playing your game and not quitting cause of one more bad decision you were about to made.

Thanks for that by the way.

Now regarding what I would prefer.

I am gonna give you 3 Suggestions, that should be applied to all 3 languages of RP-PVP servers who have the problem atm, and whichever you think it would be the best for Us just try doing it.

1st) Make Lord Calypho the destination server of the german and french RP-PVP ones.

I know that this may End with language problems , but after all it is the only way to actually save these 3 servers without Changing the type of the servere as you said that you would like. English is a language most of them would know anyway and I personally believe it would not mind the germans or the french to come to us if that allows them to play the game in a health population. Of course communication problems may occur this way, but isn't that better than being on a server where the only one left to talk is the NPCs?

2nd)Make RP-PVP (french, english or german ones) the destination servers of low populated PVP servers or RP-PVE ones

I really think noone from a pvp server would not mind comming to an rp-pvp one which will be crowded. After all their main aspect of the game which is PVP will still be there. Same applies to RP-PVE ones , rp will be there and PVE is always there. You can say that RP-PVE would have a problem with ganking etc. Not true since the way laveling is designed there is Very Slight Chance of the 2 factions to actually meet Somewhere in game.

3d)Give The RP-PVP 3 servers the chance to actually move to either A RP-PVE server either a PVP one

That would have some disadvantages meaning that if You actually do that the rp-pvp guys will actually lose one of the 2 abilities their server have. RP or PVP . BUT As the things are now Even that would be an acceptable solution for us. I mean it is better to play somewhere where they will be someone to play with rather than playing alone. Some Suggest we should be allowed to move to either PVP either RP-PVE by giving us a choise about where we would like to go. I think That this , even though it may sound like the ideal Solution keep it mind that it is kinda UNFAIR to ALL THE OTHER TRANSFERS. I mean why should we get special treatment and have destinations to pick from, so personally i think that would be unfair to the majority of the players of this game.

And that were my suggestions regarding Your question. Hope to hear from you soon, although the fact that you actually want feedback from us proves that you will do something about it in the end, since if you actually do not you will be treating a 1-2% (if we are so much which i doubt )of your clients in a different way than the 98-99% of the players.

Edited by Davelakos

It's terribly materialistic, but the real reason I want to transfer is because the global economy is non-existent. 40+ items on the GTN every night at peak time, several blues at rock-bottom prices and nada. Zip. I don't need the money right now but I'm solely reliant on grinding to get credits when I should be able to flog the stuff I just don't need.

BioWare doesn't enforce RP - it doesn't even enforce names, and I'm fine with that. I haven't gotten a roleplay experience out of Lord Calypho because the population has never been all that high, so I'd happily move to a PvP server.