RP-PvP "Lord Calypho" - Excluded from Transfers...

LovarBoy

I still think I'd rather go to an RP than a PvP server (although major pvp guy)

The reason being: I don't want to deal with the kind of crowd pvp servers attract.

1.) they are mainly impatient

2.) I like full sentences rather: omgwtf u doin nib

3.) Rp guys are generally kinder given sometimes weird

4.) noone forces you to RP

5.) pvp server is only good for outdoor ganking and it being pvp does not determine the actuall skill of its players we have/had major good pvp on Calypho

other idea is easy give us given our unique status the option to choose RP or PVP

other other idea: Open up the transfer after everything is settled down from the new and shiney servers to us as an escape route for people there who doesn't like the crowd all that much as they thought they would or wanted to try rp a bit but already legacied on a pvp server (eg. Open the flood gates)

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi folks,

I've seen a lot of back and forth from RPers that want people to stay on their servers and from people that want to option to transfer out to a different PvP server. There are, understandably, concerns on both sides.

My question to you all: as a community on one of these three servers, what ideal solutions do you folks have in mind? I'm not saying we have the capability of doing anything, but I genuinely want to hear your thoughts.Thank you!

Why not make it plain simple, give the people on rp-pvp servers the option to transfer to a normal pvp server and the rp-pve people the option to transfer to a normal pve server, that way most people will be satisfied and the people that really want to be on a rp-pvp/rp-pve servers can stay.

I dont personally think that you can save the EU RP servers to a high enough population to fix this right now, and if people on these servers are not given a option to transfer soon, im pretty sure many of them will quit the game, myself included.

People on these servers like any other servers, have also invested a lot of money and time in this game and dont suddenly want it to be for nothing if they would have to start from scratch on a new server. I really think this is the best and only way to make the most people happy and still keep the majority of the subscriptions from these servers.

Why are you even responding to me? My post was a response to a dev's post asking the community as a whole what their thoughts were about RP-PvP transfers. I don't see what you are trying to accomplish.

I would just ignore it. Some people just like conflict. remember that you are in a public forum and people have the option to involve themselves in your conversation. It ends when you stop responding.

Hi folks,

My question to you all: as a community on one of these three servers, what ideal solutions do you folks have in mind? I'm not saying we have the capability of doing anything, but I genuinely want to hear your thoughts.Thank you!

Why are you even responding to me? My post was a response to a dev's post asking the community as a whole what their thoughts were about RP-PvP transfers. I don't see what you are trying to accomplish.

Which bit of the section I've highlighted in red did you not understand? You are not part of the community in question.

EDIT: I fully support your right to contribute to this, but please don't start airing grievances from a totally different situation.

Edited by Fluxsource

If they simply transfer you to a more populated server, Bioware will again get the blame for "killing the RP community". [/color]

I hate to be repeating myself over and over again, but this argument is being brought up on a regular basis, so here goes:

-> No transfers - people who want to transfer out either reroll or unsub -> server looses players

-> Transfers - people transfer -> server looses players

One way or another, it WILL loose players whether Bioware acts or not. The case is, if they don't do anything, not only the server itself will loose players, but SWTOR will loose subs.

Also, I put the blame on Bioware for killing RP. Why ?

- there is no RP naming policy, people can roll all kinds of stupid names on a RP server

- chat bubbles ? (lol)

- no community forums -> no events -> no RP

We are not the ones responsible for the demise of the RP. The game launched 6 months ago and not a SINGLE new feature was geared towards the RPers.

Just merge all RP-PVP Servers ( and RP-PVE?) on lord calypho.

This might not be the the best for all languages, but will keep all players on the same playing concept and will fill up the servers with people that wants to do so too.

I hate to be repeating myself over and over again, but this argument is being brought up on a regular basis, so here goes:

-> No transfers - people who want to transfer out either reroll or unsub -> server looses players

-> Transfers - people transfer -> server looses players

One way or another, it WILL loose players whether Bioware acts or not. The case is, if they don't do anything, not only the server itself will loose players, but SWTOR will loose subs.

Also, I put the blame on Bioware for killing RP. Why ?

- there is no RP naming policy, people can roll all kinds of stupid names on a RP server

- chat bubbles ? (lol)

- no community forums -> no events -> no RP

We are not the ones responsible for the demise of the RP. The game launched 6 months ago and not a SINGLE new feature was geared towards the RPers.

That's still no reason not to ALSO give the RP community an option.

That's still no reason not to ALSO give the RP community an option.

But from what I've read so far in this thread, the majority would settle for:

+ RP-PvP -> PvP

+ RP-PvP -> RP-PvE

+ do not transfer at all

So those are THREE options for the RPers. Is there anything not fair about this ?

Edited by Rogoo

It is not acceptable that players who want to leave should be held prisoner to maintain an already unacceptably low population for the benefit of the few role players on the server. The server may be RP-PVP, but the majority of players on it do not RP. In any case, the server population is so low that it doesnt serve their interests either.

Either we are given the option to transfer to other rp or pvp servers, or this server must be made a destination for all of their transfers.

Edited by Suitheist

But from what I've read so far in this thread, the majority would settle for:

+ RP-PvP -> PvP

+ RP-PvP -> RP-PvE

+ do not transfer at all

So those are THREE options for the RPers. Is there anything not fair about this ?

Yes. Those that decide to stay because there is no RP-PvP option are left high and dry. The point of this is to allow everyone a decent population, remember? Combining the three RP-PvP servers would be a good idea as a third option.

Just for the record, the PVP on Progenitor since the merges is awesome - generally WZs pop in a few minutes, from early in the morning until well beyond midnight. The quality is also pretty good and you have the nice community that generally goes with RP servers.

All that Lord Calypho players would lose by such a merge is the (basically) non-existent world PVP.

That said, giving them the choice between ToFN and Progenitor can't be that hard to do can it?

... therefore there not is - and never was - open world pvp it should not be a big thing to bring the RP-PVE on this server.

almost no changes for the RP-PVE people and the less people who really do RP-PVP still can do it without any problems.

btw. the people who do RP PVP are really polite not doing any harm to those who do not want to....

Edited by al-mar

Combining the three RP-PvP servers would be a good idea as a third option.

But that's not exactly an OPTION right ? That's FORCING a merge.

The whole QQ here is because Bioware decided to make some ariticial, illogical limitations and not give players any choice. What most of us propose is exactly about choice.

But that's not exactly an OPTION right ? That's FORCING a merge.

The whole QQ here is because Bioware decided to make some ariticial, illogical limitations and not give players any choice. What most of us propose is exactly about choice.

But this is not the subject. Blaming people will not change the situation and will not provide a solution.

How exactly discussing possible solutions and options is NOT on subject ?

Ok, you are right, Missed it a Bit, but Lets stay focused...

Possible Solutions:

- bring RP-PVE player on the server

- bring PVP player on the server

- merge RP server

What else?

guys, we need ppl to play with and against, the last month or more we have experienced a critical downsize in the numbers of our community.

Transfers in: for having a healthier server

or transfers out: with choices PVE - RP and PVP

99.9% of the community is mature and respectfull, really nice people and i can say that the PVP level is AVOVE AVERAGE

but again as i said before, killing each other over and over and over, will only acelerate the situation and i can freely say that most of us will end up rerolling and or unsubbing

i dont wanna loose my chars and my legacy and let them boxed on yhe only dead server

The developer is giving free transfer to greener lands

WE DESERVE OUR PIECE OF PIE!

We're both RP and PvP. Give is the chance to transfer off, and other people from both server types the chance to transfer on. Only logical.

Yes, we are proud of having a mature community, and our Darth Pussydestroyers and similar names have been long gone, but we have to take a risk to keep the server alive.

-Reyes

Ok, you are right, Missed it a Bit, but Lets stay focused...

Possible Solutions:

- bring RP-PVE player on the server

- bring PVP player on the server

- merge RP server

What else?

The problems I see with bringing players IN (making Lord Calypho a destination server) are:

- this will completely change the ruleset for everybody thus producing vaster amounts of QQ from players from other servers

- not to many players would be interested in such a move, because RPers already rolled on Lord Calypho as their initial choice

- bringing non RPers to a RP community will not do said community any good

The problems I see with mergin three EU RP-PvP servers are:

- this is not an "option", it's forcing a merge, robbing people of their names (if you decide to transfer OUT, you voluntarily accept the fact that you might loose your name)

- the tech to do that it's probably not at BW's disposal

- they have been trying to avoid the dreaded word "merge" as hard as they could, and they have already stated that server merges are NOT a possibility

So realistically we have three options as an origin server:

- RP-PvP -> PvP (if PvP > RP for you)

- RP-PvP -> RP-PvE (if RP > PvP for you)

- RP-PvP -> PvE is problematic. It does not make much sense at all, it would also generate a lot of QQ from players playing on other servers

Edited by Rogoo

So realistically we have three options as an origin server:

- RP-PvP -> PvP (if PvP > RP for you)

- RP-PvP -> RP-PvE (if RP > PvP for you)

- RP-PvP -> PvE is problematic. It does not make much sense at all, it would also generate a lot of QQ from players playing on other servers

I think RP-PvP -> PvE SHOULD be an option. If there is any offered transfer, then it WILL be to a different server type. We should be able to chose what that change is.

I would like the following solution best:

RP-PvP --> PvP

As the RP aspect is not enforced in any way on that server and many people running around with 'strange' names that make no sense at all there is no need to hold it up.

I think RP-PvP -> PvE SHOULD be an option. If there is any offered transfer, then it WILL be to a different server type. We should be able to chose what that change is.

Yes I agree. It should be, but again - the amount of QQ it would generate... :D

RP-PvP (Lord Calypho) --> RP-PvE (The Progenitor)

RP-PvP (Lord Calypho) --> PvP (Tomb of Freedon Nadd)

When it comes to specific servers, I support the above ^^.

Edited by Rogoo