RP-PvP "Lord Calypho" - Excluded from Transfers...

LovarBoy

So you can't gp from PVP> RP PVP or visversa? Or is this just once case in particuler? My thought is when the window opens for your server you can choice any of the destination servers.

I ask this because i'm currently on a PVP server and cant stand how everyone wants to rush thur cs and not care about the rp aspect of it. I would prefer to go to a RP PVP where people enjoy the whole RP of it all and not rush me thur CS.

Server transfer are server type specific, you can only go from pve-pve, pvp-pvp, rppvp-rppvp and rppve-rppve and you have to stay in the same language and region.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know alot of people on my pvp server that do not take kindly to RP. so having them come to a pvp server and pulling that stuff will irritate ALOT of people.

PLUS, why should they get the option of switching when no other server type gets it? I know people in my guild that have PVE char and they cant swap them to PVP, so why should RPers get special treatment.......

I know alot of people on my pvp server that do not take kindly to RP. so having them come to a pvp server and pulling that stuff will irritate ALOT of people.

PLUS, why should they get the option of switching when no other server type gets it? I know people in my guild that have PVE char and they cant swap them to PVP, so why should RPers get special treatment.......

Because we have no other server to transfer to maybe? and just cus it's an RP server doesn't mean we all go around filling chat with RP, how about you go back to the hole you came from and leave this thread to the ppl is concerns.

Because we getting NO option. You've been given an option, we're getting NOTHING.

This is about a single fringe case, where there isn't another server they /could/ transfer keeping the restrictions in place. As for "not taking kindly to RP" the only I can say is wow... people need to chill, if someone else having fun near you doing something you aren't doing pisses you off, you are doing it wrong.

Are you for real? Probably not...

Who cares if RPers head to your non-RP server? I 'hear' people RPing near me all the time using the /em or /*insert action here* emotes. The only thing it does is pop up orange text. They don't RP in general chat. I'm pretty sure they use an RP chat. If it means these guys get somewhere to go, let them go to a regular server. Be happy you'd get more people coming to you!

Hi folks,

I've seen a lot of back and forth from RPers that want people to stay on their servers and from people that want to option to transfer out to a different PvP server. There are, understandably, concerns on both sides.

My question to you all: as a community on one of these three servers, what ideal solutions do you folks have in mind? I'm not saying we have the capability of doing anything, but I genuinely want to hear your thoughts.Thank you!

Here is some options;

1) Merge all EU RP-PVP (German and French in one) or may be with US Servers (if possible)

2) Give people the option to come into our server option 1 Freedom Nadd 2 Lord Calypho (to give example)

3) Give us option to transfer to a PVP or an RP-PVE

Edited by limenutpen

Yeah, a complete EU merge in one big RP-PvP with separated language channels would be a solution, too.

___

Who the hell rates such an important topic with 1 or 2 stars? Are you for real guys??? :rolleyes:

Edited by LovarBoy

Hi folks,

I've seen a lot of back and forth from RPers that want people to stay on their servers and from people that want to option to transfer out to a different PvP server. There are, understandably, concerns on both sides.

My question to you all: as a community on one of these three servers, what ideal solutions do you folks have in mind? I'm not saying we have the capability of doing anything, but I genuinely want to hear your thoughts.Thank you!

I'd like some PvP servers to have the option to join the RP-PvP servers (along with a PvP server option)..

Hi folks,

I think the best thing to do is make an exeption and allow two destination servers (one RP-PVE and one PVP) for poeple on LC, I can´t think of another solution that is better. (and if someone does please tell it to the devs :) )

Seriously i'm starting to lose faith in BW ability to allow the game to grow. They are mirco-managing every aspect of the game. Do you not see how this is killing your game? Is it really going to take this MMO to go under for you to understand to give players a choice? You gave us the "option" to choose PVP then limit the whole PVP aspect of it, Then when we open world PVP on a PVP server you tell us to stop or we will be banned and now limited us to how we transfer and saying well we don't want it to effect server pop...... If you haven't checked your server status as of yesterday, the thing you where trying to prevent has already happened. At peak time EST the servers you merged have reached FULL or VERY HEAVY and you are only 2 days into the merges. Why did you not mix the server transfers between 2 or 3 worlds to fill them up side by side and not one at a time? at that rate you would have been able to move more per day and gather more data on TWO worlds then one.

As for the RP-PVP to PVP or w/e other reasons to split the servers there really isn't PVP atm . BW keeps us apart 90% of the time. Me and my friend play oppiste factions and when i leveled i did it on oppiste planets I>E the sith warrior at lvl 30 goes to taris where the jedi knight at lvl 15 is in taris. The only PVP is you do find it is random from a higher lvl player wondering thur the zone which at that point the Name option above your head makes it pointless to hide or avoid the attacker so the lower lvl player gets ganked.

Edited by Stridentzephon

Give us 3 choices for transfering.

RP-PvP - PvP

RP-PvP - RP-PvE

RP-PvP - RP-PvP (multi-language)

I know I'm not on that specific server, but if I was, this is what I would agree to. I very much enjoy RP-PvP servers, and if the only choice I got was PvP or RP-PvE, I'd be highly pissed off. I rolled on a RP-PvP for a reason.

This is asinine. The option to change server types is coming, and maybe even for free.

/facepalm

But we already are receiving special treatment. You know, not being able to transfer AT ALL.

Tbh i can also see that "normal" PVP servers get the option to transfer to respectivity language RP-PVP server. Maybe that would be the optimal solution, Bioware will still have the RP-PVP tag on servers. Hopefully we can help with promote our servers as well. If it isnt to late now and there to few people to transfer in EU? Edited by Jerro

Tbh i can also see that "normal" PVP servers get the option to transfer to respectivity language RP-PVP server. Maybe that would be the optimal solution, Bioware will still have the RP-PVP tag on servers. Hopefully we can help with promote our servers as well. If it isnt to late now and there to few people to transfer in EU?

But what's the point of bringing a bunch of non RPers to a RP server that does not even enforce naming policy ? That would do more harm than good.

Either open us up as a possible destination server for other RP (and possibly PVP) servers or allow us to move elsewhere. I know a lot of the people here demanding moves are PVPers who for some reason known only to themselves rolled on an RP server with no interest in RP. However, there may be PVPers on other servers who would like the chance to RP, so open it up and make it fair if you see fit.

Despite what the lunatics in this thread will tell you there is still a decent amount of RP on this server, not nearly as much as I would like but it is there. We lost a large chunk of our RP community in the last month or so to the Progenitor, and perhaps the simple straight forward thing to do is to re roll.

The problem with this is two fold. While there are the more obvious concerns of gear/legacy/money and having to level characters again the bigger issue is a harder one to fix. Some of us have spent hundreds of hours over the past few months developing our characters and their relationships with other characters, or in some more ambitious players games building IC powerbases. I'm aware that this is about the point where all the PVPers whining about wanting to go elsewhere start to roll their eyes and the lunacy of role players but then they chose to play on an RP server so, k'atini!

This is why some of us don't want to move. Having to change names/social circles will affect our game time far more than any reacquisition of gear/legacy.

So, to reiterate, open us up as a destination server. Let the population balance itself out, we'll take care of the rest.

But what's the point of bringing a bunch of non RPers to a RP server that does not even enforce naming policy ? That would do more harm than good.

For the same reason a bunch of non-RPers choose an RP server in the first place: generally more mature. Also, you're making the erroneous assumption that anyone leaving a PvP server for an RP-PvP server are NOT RPers.

Server transfer are server type specific, you can only go from pve-pve, pvp-pvp, rppvp-rppvp and rppve-rppve and you have to stay in the same language and region.

Well what about the manual transfers they did for ppl to the TestServer? If they could copy our toons over there, it shouldn't be hard to copy them elsewhere, or?

And in all honesty...there shouldn't even be a problem to begin with. A situation where populations thin out on some or many servers should have been discussed when they first developed this game! A mechanics to solve such situations should have existed long before it was needed at all.

There is no excuse whatsoever for not letting RP-PvP servers transfer to RP and PVP servers imo.

No excuse, only the explanation that they don't know how to manage an MMO -And tbh, that explanation isn't very cute from a company advertising as the holder of one of the worlds largest MMO's...

I put considerable work into my characters on Ajunta Pall. I have almost 3 lvl 50's, legacy level of 27, and 4 maxed crafts (plus time spent gearing up in wz's) Then, I learned a friend was playing on a different PVP server. Since, I've leveled up a smuggler to 50 and maxed his craft on the new server.

SInce you asked what would be ideal for us, then, ideally, I would like to somehow get my characters from ajunta pall to my friend's server. My game experience would be greatly enhanced, because I don't feel like spending the countless hours re-leveling the same classes and crafts when all it would take is a transfer.

If paid transfers to a server of our choice is the only way to satisfy people in my predicament, and if these paid transfers are still weeks or months away from implementation, then I think I will unsub until this happens, because I can't take advantage of my maxed crafts while leveling an alt on my friend's server and I don't voice chat, or have rl friends on any rp-pvp servers.

some reason known only to themselves rolled on an RP server with no interest in RP.

We rolled on LC becayse 50% of our guild were roleplayers and the other 50% were PvPers, and we wanted to maintain both -so a RP-PVP server was the natural option for us (Coming from SWG)

Since then every single pvper in my guild has quit the game due to BW's inability to deliver stuff like Open World PvP and some other terrible approaches they made towards the PvP scene, with the exception of 1 guildie who rerolled on Fatman months ago.

And here i stand, stuck on a dead RP-PvP server with no interest of RP or PvE. And im confindent i cant be alone in a situation simular to this!

That is why they have to offer a solution to both RP'rs and PvP'rs - anything else is unacceptable.

Hi folks,

Hello Joveth..I am one of the players on Lord Calypho...I think the following choices would be good:

RP-PVP >>>> PVP

RP-PVP >>>> RP-PVE

or

PVP >>>> Lord Calypho (RP-PVP)

RP-PVE >>>> Lord Calypho (RP-PVP)

or!!! (MY PREFERENCE)

merge ALL the EU RP-PVP servers together...in our guild we have Greeks, Russians, Ukrainians, Arabs, Danish, and waaaay more....we are pretty open minded...and that would be cool (in MY opinion) to have 3 servers together...we will have alot of rivalry which i think is cool :p some racism is to be expected but thats everywhere...the rivalry part will be awesome tho :p French Vs Germans Vs Rest! :p esp with rated WZs!

We have a very unique server since its a RP-PVP server...its kind of fun to announce you will kill someone in a "Grand" way before attacking them :p other servers you could do this but seem odd...here its all good! i would suggest for you to do a forum poll to see if ppl would like to join a RP-PVP server from other pvp servers or even RP-PVE...if the numbers are good...i would definitely have the option for others to join us! otherwise...i guess i would move to another PVP server if no one wants to join our merry server ; ;

Edited by -Scopes-