Class changes and balance in Game Update 1.3

We have mediocre damage , mediocre utility and now no roll as a tank either, what exactly are shadows supposed to do after 1.3 besides PVP?

Are you testing it right now and giving your feedback? If you go play it right now, you'll know what role they have. And, I suspect, after a little adjustment in rotation, you'll find it.

And if there really is an issue, the more people playing it to give BioWare the metrics they need the better, wouldn't you say?

• Replies 408
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't normally post on the forums but I felt this time there was a need to make my voice heard as im starting to see a pattern between every major update. The pattern is rather than take time to fix what is broken it is lets just swing a nerf bat and screw some class up.

In a time where the game is witnessing a decrease in numbers and with other major mmo's coming out shortly, these type of unwarranted changes are only encouraging people to leave. If the object of this patch was to see how many more people you can get to unsubscribe then kudos as its working a treat. What's the point in having a group finder when there aren't any groups left on the servers any more as they have quit with disgust.

I have to agree with everything. For PVP balance to be of such a "great concern" they have attacked the wrong problems. Personally, I think they should leave the skills/heals/etc. alone. For me, I see the bigger issue is population on the servers, hacks being used, and crowd controls.

In a game that is drastically falling down hill, to a point they have freed up play on the first 15 levels in the hopes of getting people hooked in and are basically required to merge servers, this is not an all together wise move they have in proposal.

Our guild has seen a 2 for 1 change in the population and not for the better. 2 people have unsubbed the game frustrated with the dynamics and changes, only 1 has come in. With such a low population it won't take long until there is no game left, and therefore no PVP to be in the game for which is why they are killing the game in the first place ... to "balance" PVP.

Everyone has the chance to pick the characters they want - if they want to be able to compete, they need to find the way to do it. Swinging a hatchet at everyone else's skills isn't the right way - it's a cop-out and a slippery slope. Instead of the rest of us finding a way to do damage to the shadows in PVP the "developers" are just dumbing everything down to the lowest common denominator. If they continue down this path, it will become a matter of everyone does the same damage has the same armor and it's decided by who makes the first blow - cause after the first one it will be hit for hit until the armor runs out... no skill, no style, no creativity, no individuality, and no fun.

I'm a consular on my main. I am squishy as all get out. I do PVP. I die - A LOT. I heal - A LOT. I haven't yet found the way to be able to stand toe to toe with any other class especially with the imbalance of CCs to my one break move. However, no one has heard me belly ache about this. I keep trying. Mathematical equations and spreadsheets will never be able to decide how I can stand up and do a better job - the only way is to get in there, learn from my mistakes, and try to find the best means to do it. Sure this change will propose to make my job a bit easier - but that is not what I want. I don't play games to have the world handed to me on a silver platter. I play the games to work out the puzzle, to learn to play my class/character the best I can.

Let the classes that don't like going up against Shadows (since they got the worst of this nerfing this time) learn to do it better. Those of you who are glad that Shadows are getting their abilities slashed (if there is anyone - cause I don't think there is judging by the outcry) go an make shadows and find out what the weaknesses are. All the classes have weaknesses. All of them have strengths... until this happens. Just what will Shadows' strength be when you chop them all to bits and rearrange the pieces? They won't be recognizable as Shadows any longer - that's for certain.

Are you testing it right now and giving your feedback? If you go play it right now, you'll know what role they have. And, I suspect, after a little adjustment in rotation, you'll find it.

And if there really is an issue, the more people playing it to give BioWare the metrics they need the better, wouldn't you say?

Thiiiiiiiiiiiiiiis!

If you think it's a problem, give it a try on the PTS. Then provide feedback on the PTS forum, and your time spent on the PTS will give BW the metrics they need to make class balance decisions.

dude it's quite rude to assume we don't know about our class or it's rotations or how extensively we test or have not tested something. I hope they adjust it, everyone I have talked to that has tested as well agrees with me, we are not raging or failing to put together a good rotation, it's not hard to do. In PVP I am happy with the changes they were needed and apparent, but we are still good at what we do. In PVE it's fail sauce , not qqing stating facts, if BW doesn't change it, they either owe us resets or we won't be seeing allot of peoples shadows/sins outside PVP. Guess that's what BW want's it to be a PVP class

I will post in PTS forums when I have compiled all my research, I am posting here to encourage more to test their shadow/sin alts if they have them and see if I am wrong....more people screaming at BW for a fix, better shot we have at them actually adjusting it before 1.3 hits live.

Edited by krisknife

It sounds to me like you have no clue whatsoever on this subject, as pretty much proven by your signature. A shadow tank that wasn't using Harnessed for healing was an idiot, and likely one that caused unnecessary problems for their healers. All those with half a clue were, and are, using it, and having that cut by 1/3 pushes us that much closer to total irrelevance.

That's in your opinion, based on your own experiences. But calling someone else an idiot for not going by the supposed optimal method? Please.

I have my own taste of how combat (PvP or PvE) should play out and I'll absolutely lower or raise my bar as needed. I know what's considered 'practical', I'm sure that tank also has his/her own notion for it -- and if you haven't picked it up by now, I too refused to spec into Harnessed Darkness because I disagreed with the properties of the passive, and the implications it presented for me, as a player. Combat in this game is simple enough as it is, I don't want to simplify it even further.

The problem I have with the changes to mitigation and self healing from Dark Charge and H.D. is that it takes options away from the player. I think it will be most apparent for Assassin and Shadow tanks who are under geared.

Thats exactly what they do; they ONLY listen to PvPers.

Yet they're failing on both fronts.

These who complain are hardcore OCD mmo players who expect all games to conform to "certain rules" and light armor tanking is a no no.

You're assuming an awful lot.

Edited by Akabeth

dude it's quite rude to assume we don't know about our class or it's rotations or how extensively we test or have not tested something. I hope they adjust it, everyone I have talked to that has tested as well agrees with me, we are not raging or failing to put together a good rotation, it's not hard to do. In PVP I am happy with the changes they were needed and apparent, but we are still good at what we do. In PVE it's fail sauce , not qqing stating facts, if BW doesn't change it, they either owe us resets or we won't be seeing allot of peoples shadows/sins outside PVP. Guess that's what BW want's it to be a PVP class

I will post in PTS forums when I have compiled all my research, I am posting here to encourage more to test their shadow/sin alts if they have them and see if I am wrong....more people screaming at BW for a fix, better shot we have at them actually adjusting it before 1.3 hits live.

Perhaps I came across wrong in my post. I tried to make it sound like I meant: not assuming anything. I stated it both ways, because I don't know your personal situation, but I also didn't state it just for you. Others read this forum, too, y'know.

If you're not testing, test it, along with the fact that when adjustments are made to your class, you will have to adjust your rotation to optimize. If you are, give feedback. That was my post in a nutshell. No assumptions. If the shoe fits, wear it, if it doesn't discard it. And no, not just you.

Still wondering why all the tank nerfs are coming in pvp while maras/sents with their ridiculous defensive cooldowns are untouched AGAIN.

I guess to Bioware an 8 man warzone isn't about having a good combo of tanks healers and dps but of LOL FACEROLL DPS.

Assassins are actually the one class that has been receiving nerfs more than any other class and started out as a class that was weakest in their respective areas at the time of the nerfs (mostly killing their Hybrid specs as they were superior to their main specs).

This lead to a total rework of the Assassin Darkness tree with the addition of Wither and the self healing mechanic.

Now this has been deemed as above the '2%' respective target Bioware wants. After 5 Months of it being in and other specs and adjustments have been made to all classes during that time, I would like to know What made it suddenly a problem?

Currently Shadow/Assassins are a lot better with tanking than a Guardian or a Juggernaut. The damage a Shadow Tank does makes it rather common that you don't even run into serious problems because you've already killed the critter. I'm currently leveling a Shadow Assassin and it is like Easy Mode compared to what a Guardian or a Juggernaut has to deal with.

1) What is the Target level aimed at for the Change?

As the change in Dark Charge is a change in a 'multiple' effect its effects Multiply far beyond the target nerf group.

Tionese Wearers will find that there low armour from the 35% reduction is going to be huge, making tanking in Flashpoints frustrating with a huge decrease in survivability. Where as Higher level tanks such as in Blackhole/campaign will barely notice the difference other than multiple mob tanking where again this 35% reduction is multiplied by each of the trash mobs being tanked. This will make Lower level Assassin tanks as undesirable for tanking and therefore unable to gear up to the respective level required for tanking.

There are a few flaws in your statement.

1. There is an enormous DPS disparity among tanks, Shadow/Assassins do significantly more damage than a Guardian or Juggernaut Tank.

2. Shadow/Assassin Tank trees actually have skills that boost one's ability to tank, I'm sorry but the reason a Vigilence/Defense Hybrid can still match or outclass a pure Tank Guardian is because the Defense tree for Guardian is a complete joke. Guardian/Juggernaut Tanks are completely dependent on their gear, and their skill tree setup doesn't do all that much to help them.

3. Shadow/Assassins have CCs and stealth, something that Guardians and Vanguards don't have nor do their Imperial Counterparts.

2) The Armour nerf is multiplied for each and every additional Mob being tanked

Not Only is this armour nerf a multiple of the Tanks base armour, every mob attacking the tank benefits from this reduction in mitigation. a 35% Difference is an increase in damage by 35% for every mob. 3 Mobs will mean the tank is taking the extra damage 3 times over.

You also have a self heal, a CC, stealth, and do at least double the damage a Guardian Tank does. You aren't as dependent on your armor as you believe. Vanguards are more dependent, that you are, and the skill tree for tank guardians is a total joke.

3) Assassin Tanks rely on Armor Mitigation alot MORE than the other tanks

Base Armor on Each of the different types of tanks is respective of their Tanking itemisation where Juggernauts/Powertech and their Republic counterparts Have a higher Defence (avoidance) and their Armour is applied HALF as often as a Armor dependant tank such as the Shadow or Assassin that relies on the Mitigation of the armour. That in itself means more than the Tue Value of whether Assassins are wearing Heavy Armour or not

False, Consulars start off with double the Defense (avoidance) that Guardians do. Jedi Knights/Guardians start off with 5% Defense. I believe there is a skill in the Tank tree that might boost that to 11% while in Sorseu, but you have a skill in your tank tree that boosts your defense to 12% and isn't triggered by using a skill so you have a permanent 12% defense before upgrades are applied that isn't affected by your stances. Additionally blade barricade which is a guardian skill only increases a guardian's defense for 6 seconds.

If a Juggernaut/Powertech is only hit 60% or 70% of the time due to high Defence rating. Heavy Armour only benefits when the tank is actually HIT.

An Assassin has much lower Defence and is hit 80% of the time meaning that the affects of armour on a Shadow/Assassin Tank is applied more often and that a reduction in current armour means that they will take more damage than the other two tanks because of this lack of avoidance almost Twice as often.

That would be a good conclusion if the facts matched up, and they don't. Sorseu boosts our armor rating, it does not boost our Defense in and of itself. Your tank stance gives you a self heal, plus you have substancially better elemental resistance than a Guardian.

4) Multiple Mobs, multiply the damage reduction exponentially

Assassins Dark Ward has but 10 Charges and without it makes their mitigation from shielding Worse than other 'Heavy Armor' tanks that have a base shield mechanic and do not have to rely on charges or a resource that can diminish quickly in a multi mob situation. An additional 10% shielding over the other tanks for only 10 attacks every 12 seconds or have 10% less shielding diminishes its effectiveness on multi mob tanking. This Multiplies the amount of damage an Assassin TANK will take over the other tanks in amulti mob tanking situation.

You have cc's in fact you are the only tank class with a CC, that means you don't have to deal with as many critters at the same time...

Conclusion

ALL of this will inevitably render the tank as the WEAKEST and Last choice for Flashpoint and Operations groups.

I have no idea its effects in PVP I play only to RAID. But a Change to fix PVP that destroys the optimal viability of a class Spec is a BAD change. PVP will need to be adjusted some other way.

That's a gross exaggeration on your part, currently Guardians are probably the weakest tank class, you aren't as vulnerable to certain attacks that can't be blocked by shields.

To balance the classes if the change in armour mitigation is to go ahead:

If the Armour Mitigation of an Assassin Tank is to have Heavy Armour, it should have equal affect to the other tanks.

Reduce the other tanks Avoidance/Abilities to the level of the Assassin. Or Increase the Assassins Avoidance to the level of the other tanks.

I got news for you, your avoidance and damage resistance in some areas is a lot better than a Guardian tank currently. You also have stealth and a cc, plus you probably dish out at least double the damage a tank guardian can do currently, and tank guardians are going to have their damage reduced.

Shield mechanics should be equal across the board, they should not use a resource and be limited by charges or use. They should mirror identically the affects of all tanks.

So are you saying that shadow/assassins should lose stealth, your cc, and your superior damage dealing?

The classes mitigate armour in completely different ways and the adjustments planned significantly decrease the affectiveness of the assassin tank to Well below a '2%' target below other tanks. It doesnt need to be play tested when mathematically and theoretically shouldn't balance with other tanks. Testing the current changes is affectively formalising the changes as working as intended and is not a true test of viability. Largely due to the target group of gear level being FAR and WIDE.

You are the only tank class with a self-heal which you are not taking into account. You are the only tank class with a CC also, additionally the only tank class with stealth.

My Own personal Circumstances and Whine is in the Spoiler because Im sure people dont want to see it :)

But these changes could spell the end of the game for me. And there is no other game id rather play.

My guild has 4 tanks and down to 8 man raiding due to population. I am the only Assassin tank. I compete for every raid spot. I do not play Alts. My Guild is clearing Explosive Conflict Hard Mode in a single night of raiding. If my character becomes unviable in raid content at this level it destroys the entire game for me. I can no longer play the part of the game I enjoy without having to reroll to a new class I know nothing about, level to 50 and still not have the means to gear to the level the guild is currntly at. It means Bye bye to my friends I have to find a guild my gear level to gear up...etc etc Its just not worth the Monthly fee.

I think you are overreacting, if you think your class has problems tanking with these changes, you should try playing a guardian, we are extremely weak against elemental attacks which bypass shields, your class even with these changes are still going to be a better class for tanking for that reason alone.

Greetings:

I cannot imagine anyone considering 50% to be a small adjustment. Particularly in addition to a 35% reduction in a different field. This means almost a 100% reduction overall. I am getting a Shadow to level 50 and I find playing it to be a lot of fun. I am sure a lot of people do so as well. NONE of them are going to like losing survivability. I do agree that in some fights, Shadows are a lot more resilient when compared to other Tank classes, but this is not universal. Their dependence on procs make them naturally unreliable. If you do not add some serious constant numbers to that, they will simply die too often.

If the other tank classes seem inferior by comparison, buff them. Nerfing is always unpopular, buffing is always welcome.

Except, of course, in PvP. I have yet to see a single nerf in any MMORPG that is not derived from PvP complaints. From the Creature Handlers in SWG to the Stamina potions for Casters in AoC, to this. When you integrate PvE designed classes into a PvP environment, the result is imbalanced from the start. Since you already see Powertechs/Sorcerers in PvP in numbers sufficient to make the onlooker believe there are no other classes in the Sith side, you can deduce that people are making PvP only characters, no? So, make that the rule. Make PvP derived modifications affect only PvP. If a class seems truly overpowered, make it more difficult for that class to level. Give it an EXP penalty all around. Make players earn the power level they want.

But do not take away what they have already, and do not treat them like they were uneducated. The numbers you are quoting mean an immense difference, not a small change.

Our guild has a Shadow tank who doesn't use the heal in her rotation because she doesn't have to. What BioWare is here stating is that using the Shadow self-heal is the intended design of the class.

It sounds to me like some are just not wanting to play the class as it was intended. Adjust your rotation, that simple.

Then this is a little flaw in BioWare concept.. TTK that heals should be really UNINTERRUPTIBLE!

Edited by Missandei

I don't understand why more mmo's don't take the EQ2 approach. Each skill has a tooltip that goes like this:

In PVE Combat does xxx-yyy damage.

In PVP Combat does zzz-aaa damage.

Then if they need to tweak pvp balance, they tweak the pvp part of the skill, while the pve part is left alone. Seems to work pretty well there. In general the damage numbers are 2/3 to 3/4 of the pve ones, heals are cut about 50%, CC durations are shortened, or simply turned into interrupts. Makes it so that the skills are *similar* in pvp vs pve, so it's not like you have to learn a completely different skillset to switch back and forthe between the platystles, though enough difference that there is a little learning curve. It's still easy enough to pick up and allows complete separation between the pvp and pve nerf/tweak/balance cycles.

We have mediocre damage , mediocre utility and now no roll as a tank either, what exactly are shadows supposed to do after 1.3 besides PVP?

To do low-lewel content apparently.. You know - normal modes of FP..

We have to be mentors of leveling players, helping them to go the 1-49 bracket FPs..

OK, let me explain the fault in your logic Bioware and why I think you are making the same mistake as almost EVERY other MMO company out there.

1) When you find imbalance between some classes, you should ALWAYS either boost the weak one or nerf the strong one: not both! Observe your results and then decide if the other class also needs adjustment.

2) When you nerf a tank don't also make boss fights easier. You are basically saying that "I'm surviving more easily than I should, therefore I need to be adjusted" while "The content is too difficult, I'll make it easier for you." What was the point of nerfing me then?

3) Don't balance PvP for PvE and vice versa. Me needing to tank an operations boss on Hard and me killing another type of tank in PvP should have nothing to do with each other when you decide class balance.

4) Don't increase my ability to keep aggro from more enemies at the same time while you are making me easier to die. Believe it or not, Shadows - as all tanks - can die much more easily when they fight 6 lvl50 strong enemies at the same time than when they are fighting an operations boss. In your game, I die easier fighting lots of "trash" than when I'm fighting an end boss.

5) Off-tanks are not cool choices. Why? Because the situations where you need such a secondary tank are very rare. You are basically playing a character that is good in one rare situtation - a situation where a normal tank would be better anyway - while your character is not good enough for boss tanking and not good enough for dps. Therefore, why play that role? (This is in case Shadow/Assassin tank get nerfed more in the future)

6) Finally, why didn't you also increase actual damage for Shadows/Assassins?? Just to be fair :D

I'm not rage quitting btw :cool: Just wanted to present things the way I see them.

consider your position, but from another perspective.

if you are the healer, and 1 person is on you, and you have no chance of actually killing him, shouldn't you at least be able to survive and run away?

it's not like the scoundrel is standing there toe to toe with you, healing himself up while killing you.

paper rock scissors.

Actually, in theory, yes you should be able to, but in reality, you can't. On my level 50 consular with all the pushback etc mitigation maxed out to try to prevent my heals and casts from getting stopped or stalled I still can't get enough heals off (and I am wearing battlemaster/recruit gear - just to make that clarification) to keep myself alive add to this that only 1 heal is able to be done while running, and the additional complication of the volume of cc versus the number of break moves combined with the fact that scoundrels and gunslingers are ranged this is quite near impossible even for 1 on 1. Then it only gets worse for when I get mobbed.

Add to this the fact that lately there is the unrelated problem/bug of being "buffed" to have level 49 base stats while I am in level 50 pvp... it's hopeless.

And yes, they are standing there (at times) healing and killing at the same time while they have you cc'd and you can't get out because you're one move to break the stun is on a 2 minute cool down but they have 5??? (not positive of the number because each class is different) cc's to keep you permanently stunned with.

Seems to me this patch is out to kill Tanks in PvP.

Guardian Tanks - 35% reduction on Hilt Strike damage and 22.5% -- 30% off Guardian slash.

Vanguard Tanks - Lost 30% surge and 16% crit bonus on Stock Strike/Explosive Surge.

Shadow Tanks - Self healing cut almost in half. Armor reduction.

Agreed - they 'fix' PvP and ruin PvE - happens every time.

They have been complaining about the survivability much longer then the self heal. Nice selection of FoTM classes you picked.

I'm FOTM because I chose a class FROM THE BEGINNING OF THE GAME that wasn't FOTM, but evolved to the now FOTM? Lol. Whatever chief. I was the first and ONLY Shadow in my guild when the servers went live and have stayed it since. Not my fault that everybody and their brother jumped on the bandwagon to be Shadows/Assassins.

I really disagree with some of the changes made in 1.3 concerning tank assassins,

I started playing as a tank assassin in pre-launch, leveled up as a tank assassin and still play operations and pvp, it was a pain to go do flashpoints and try to get properly geared.

I do not understand why you are nerfing the tank assassin, classes cannot be balanced as the abilities; survivability, damage all depend of the gear and the stats we put on our character. It also depends if you went and got all the datacrons which gave me a nice willpower and endurance and strenght buff on my stats....

TAKE EVERY FACTOR INTO CONSIDERATION;

-the pc used by the player

-key bindings configuration

-gamer mouse or keyboard used

-internet connection

-player IQ or reflex responsivness

-number of hours played on character

-profession skill: biochem, artifice, etc... each has a different buff or bonus

The healing generated by Combat Technique/Dark Charge has been reduced by approximately 50%.

50% reduction??? are you mad that is huge...we do not heal ourselves that much since our rotation as tank does not allow us to be striking with our lightsaber at every turn.

The ability is specific, dark charge grants my lightsaber attacks 50% chance to drain a minimal amount of life!

50% chance...this means not at every attack..and as I said before I can't use my lightsaber attacks at every turn in my tank rotation.

The healing generated by Harnessed Shadows/Harnessed Darkness has been reduced to 8% in total (down from 12% in total).

Again 4% reduction for harnessed darkness which is a backup heal for when you reach 3 stacks, it heals for not much and I have 24k hp in operations so that would be roughly a maximum 3000hp heal every 30 seconds over a 3 seconds casting time and that is if we have time to cast it! It heals for 3% of max health for every tick of lighning which is a 3 seconds cast not many ticks there.

Some fights in operations or even in pvp do not allow you such luxury, and to be very useful, it is best to use it when recklessness and overcharge saber is up., which again have longer cooldowns.

I say it again this ability is a small backup healing ability.

The armor provided by Combat Technique/Dark Charge has been reduced to +115% (down from 150%).

There we go again, reduce the armor provided by dark charge stance to the light armor wearer, what an insult this is...35% reduction....read again light armor not heavy armor...light armor...light!!!!

I have full rakata gear and I only have 6782 armor rating...that's not much...take some more away what crap!

Juggernauts and powertechs have heavy armor, thus more armor rating then assassins, they have more defense rating which in return grants them more range/melee-dodge/deflect...meaning they don't get hit by melee or range more often...which in comparison a tank assassin does get hit almost everytime by range and melee, and if you don't have high enough shield rating you won't shield and absorb damage that often.

If you have 50% shield rating and 50% absorb rating, well 50% of attacks will be absorbed at 50%....what happens to the 50% of when you can't shield and absorb attacks? you'll die since assassins won't have enough armor nor healing capabilities.

And one thing that is funny is that tankassins have wither and discharge and mass mind control and lacerate, these abilities are great to aoe tank multiple adds, and with changes in 1.3 tell us how are we going to do that now? We should just wear paper instead, we could at least do some nice drawings on it because lets be straight the inquisitor gear is ugly with cone shoulders and fishtails and bullhorns.

I am sorry but bioware is putting forth some MAJOR NERF on tank assassins, nerfs that do not seem like they are destined for operations or flashpoints, but more over for pvp, and again pvp abilities all depend of the gear and expertise and how well you play your character, if my assassin is specced as tank and has full battle master and war hero TANK gear with well over 1100k expertise, you will have much difficulty killing me, but it does not mean I do lots of damage in return.

I say again I wear PVP TANK GEAR, for what purpose? to have survivability in pvp, not to do damage!!!!

If I am a good player and know how to play my class should we nerf my pc? my graphics card? my brain, my reflexes?

I have read in other posts people talking about assassins tank having stealth and ccs, wow!!!

can you tank while stealthed?

do you call electrocute and spike which are 2 seconds cc...crowd control, and by the way they do not apply to elites and champions. a 8second whirlwind is not a big crowd control either.

-juggernauts have crowd controls also (force choke), as well as a charge that assassins dont have

-powertechs have crowd controls, charges and pull in tank spec as well

I also have a powertech tank, he has much more survivability then my assassin and deals much more damage then my assassin...I am sorry but bioware do your homework or risk losing all tank assassins all over since they will become useless, risk losing players like me also since I love playing my assassin more then my other characters.

I also do lots of pvp with my tank assassin and somehow marauders are very difficult to be killed and manage to kill me very easily...

have you ever gone against a gunslinger or operative? they seem to have an infinite number of stuns?

so do your homework people...don't listen to people crying who don't know how to play the game.

What are you priorityzing in swtor PVE or PVP?

if you want to go either way have pvp servers affected by some of the changes you wish to balance for pvp,

and have pve servers only be affected by changes made for pve. MAKE IT FAIR FOR EVERYONE!!!

Don't kill your PVE players with such changes to accomodate some, and I say only SOME of your PVP cryers.

I took quite some time to understand my stats on my assassin, I balanced my stats for defense not damage and still juggernauts and powertechs tanks have more survivability then assassins on equal gear. We have different abilities and that is what is fun to complement each other, now you're just going to make tankassins completely useless for all your new content.

I also want to point out that before nerfing the assassin I posted tickets many times about disjunction in the tank tree not functionning and it was never fixed so get your priorities straight before you nerf make sure everything works.

a frustrated tankassin who might quit the game because of bad game management

Edited by humanyt

u guys need to fix the force replenishment ability of sage/sorcerer heal spec as thoose classes are atm the crappiest healers in the game unlike operatives/scoundral or bountyhunter/commando they arent able to hold up theyr force during massive and extreme healing moments. the health for force ability all fine and all but the force u gain from that u will loose emidiatly on your healing,unlike the scans and stuff the other healing classes have! my main is an operative and never had energy problems with operations/flashpoint for healing on sage however all you end up is being low on force! ive checked internet and asked many sages and sorcerers and they all tell me the same,there is no good rotation for thoose healers as after 1.2 that class got screwed up bigtime!!! same goes for the pvpgear!

thx bioware for leting me grind my pvp gear for the first 3months and then make it completly obsolete from in 1go after 1,2!cheers for that i wont forget it! lost allot of subscribers with that one isnt it???:D

If you want anybody to listen to you, you should learn at least fifth grade grammar and punctuation.

You really, really, really need to tone done the tankassin nerfs. They are extreme and unwarranted for PvE tanks. 50% off of dark charge I can live with, but 4% of lightning? and 115% armor increase off of LIGHT ARMOR? We're all going to get merc'd. You didn't slightly nerf 3 aspects of tankassin slightly, you smacked it with a 8lb nerf sledge hammer and it's really not alright.

Find a way to balance tankassins in DPS PvP gear without killing the PvE tanks and try again.

I hear ppl on my server QQing that marauders arent getting nerfed. What is so wrong with a straight DPS class being more power then another class? So they are more powerful in PvP? SW:ToR isnt mainly a PvP game as far as i can tell, if you want to play a game that is based off of PvP then goto Guild Wars 2. I'm tired of these mmo companies making all kinds of changes to the game and classes to make those that PvP a lot happy for once i would like a game that is screwed up due to pvp.