Class changes and balance in Game Update 1.3

I don't see very many Combat Medics around anymore. I was surprised not to see many comments about the state of the spec in this thread. I guess I'm one of the last of a declining group.

We have no answers. We have very weak burst healing, have slighly weak regen, lack a strong and smart AoE, have no HoTs, have no instants on a short/no CC, no anti-CC, only one decent defensive CD, no kiting ability in general to speak of. The class does one single thing well (single target throughput) and that is it. The class was gutted in 1.2 and it's just terrible. I've explained why in an objective manner and there is good reason for the great disappointment post 1.2 on the commando forums and (as far as I can tell) a much lower representation of the spec in wzs these days.

The balance in this game is a joke.

Edited by Chanamel

• Replies 408
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't see very many Combat Medics around anymore. I was surprised not to see many comments about the state of the spec in this thread. I guess I'm one of the last of a declining group.

We have no answers. We have very weak burst healing, have slighly weak regen, lack a strong and smart AoE, have no HoTs, have no instants on a short/no CC, no anti-CC, only one decent defensive CD, no kiting ability in general to speak of. The class does one single thing well (single target throughput) and that is it. The class was gutted in 1.2 and it's just terrible. I've explained why in an objective manner and there is good reason for the great disappointment post 1.2 on the commando forums and (as far as I can tell) a much lower representation of the spec in wzs these days.

My first level 50 was a Bounty Hunter Mercenary Bodyguard. It's donning a mix of Columi and Rakata gear while sitting, unplayed, on the sidelines since 1.2.

Thanks Bioware.

Edited by Ignicity

I reached 50 and finished the class quest last weekend with a BH Bodyguard and instantly started to level an Operative healer again since I can't transfer my previous one to the server I play on now and because of the bad shape of Trooper/BH healing spec atm.

It's really strange for me as I'm not fond of stealth/melee/positional classes and I prefer a lot the archetype of combat medic but with the difference in what can be done between an operative and a BH healer, I don't find enjoyment in playing a BH one, we don't have the tools to play it properly.

Is the shadow tank now still viable or will people tell me in the future that they prefer to have a real tank in the flashpoint or operations instead of my class?

Well, you'll be doing three times the damage of a Guardian tank and 1.5 to 2 times the damage of a Vanguard, so as long as Bioware insists on putting hard enrage timers on every encounter people will prefer Shadows to the other two.

I am sorry but if I was a share holder of Bioware and of Lucasarts and that I was reading all the forums and comments and the PTS, about class changes, I would want someone's head on a stick, who is making the decisions around here? BW and LA have invested an incredible amount of ressources into this game and it still has much returns to yield, which it hasn't at the moment.

So tell me again why are we pushing 1.3 when it is not ready?

Why are we making so many changes to classes & characters that do not need and not making some where needed?

Why are we not using the feedbacks of the community if this is supposed to be our game?

I've heard these exact words in a BW video!!

Watch where you step because you might end up losing more on the long run then just filling in the numbers for this summer.

You should focus on building a solid game ready for august not pushing a buggy update with 1.3 which will aggravate even more the community then it already is.

I am far from impressed by this long awaited game

1 word : COMMUNICATION

2 ways : TALK and LISTEN

You better have people ready to answer, treat (and most of all FIX) all the tickets you will be getting with 1.3.

I know I will not be gentle with your staff!!

If you can't deliver a game of quality for which we are all giving you money to play, don't use your present customers as feedback pools to slowly improve your incomplete work.

If you want testers pay us or let us play free and give us for our money's worth, you do not realize how much time and how many items were lost because of your bugs and I am almost sure none of these playes have been compensated for their loss and with all the problems 1.3 will bring that yet again we will lose much without being compensated in return for all our frustrations.

Edited by humanyt

So after all this time since 1.2 bioware still has no love for Commando/Mercs? Figures :mad:

Why can't bioware give us better survivability and more utility. And did you guys know that We are the ONLY class WITHOUT a single interrupt! What the heck is up with that? C'mon bioware show us some love, or are you just gonna let this adv. class die out?

• 2 weeks later...

I'm really surprised to see the Arsenal/Gunner spec for Mercenary/Commando still in the state it's in. It's in no shape to be played in PvP. Tracer missile and gravity round run on an activation time, which means ANY class with a interruption can interrupt tracer/grav and the Mercenary or Commando are running around without their pants on if you will.

Same goes with Sage/Sorc. Even though their pebble and thunder spam has high DPS if a class with 2 or even 1 interrupt gets on them they're just a sitting duck popping shields and trying to get their fastest heals out.

On the opposite side Pyrotech and Assault for Mercenary/Commando can easily throw their explosives, burning the enemy while the poor little Tracer/Grav or Pebbe/Thunder can't touch them for more then .3 seconds. It's actually probably a perfect build. Long range-moving-doting. Ouch.

Powertech and Vanguard also have high DPS and easily spamming flame/electric, while behind able to shield. To be honest they should just be called DPS, Half-Tank. The DPS from them is like DPS (Marauder/Sentinel, Gunslinger/Sniper DPS) from what I've seen. Also dragging AND boosting to an enemy is uh.. I mean the "dragging" skill should be lowered in range. When I just come out of a spawn point they're just waiting there with a little operative minion. Embarrassing.

In the end I hope classes will not be limited, or handicapped in any way. So a Sage can roll the same DPS has the Marauder that loves their healing. Or a Commando can be the famous war medic they saw them self as. Maybe even a Vanguard that wanted to tank just like the cool guardian he sees in every other pub. I have many other wishes to legacy (price drop, the prices currently and nothing for casual gamers :()