Massive E3 Announcement on Monday

Frankt

You are as expert as me, I see...

JTL - Do you think you can have something similar to SWG space flight with the rail space shooter we have now? How do you think crafters can make the space parts needed for a deep space flight simulation with the current resource spawn system? The flight model needs to be rebuilt from scratch, do you think it is something that can be done in 6 months? - Two words: Space PvP. They're adding it, and it can't be done on rails.

Pets - The pets I'm talking about aren't the rakghoul or the Taun Taun we have here. In SWG to make a pet you needed this equipment:

DNA stick - extracted from a creature in the wild or looted for special pets. There was a % of purity to reach mutations.

Enzymes - crafting resources, 3 main types, each type has 2 or 3 parameters.

Crafting station, with 2 parameters, called incubators to actually make it.

Energy to fuel the crafting stations.

And once a pet was created you could sell it or hatch the obtained egg and level it, teaching him/her abilities and specials and then use it as a fighting companion. A bit different from the rakghoul or the taun taun... Think about craftable companions and you will be close.

The craft was so different that I think that describing it here will go beyond the scope of this post...

I know. I was a CH until they removed it, then a BM in SWG. ;)

Nothing says BioWare can't add one in the future.

Edited by JeramieCrowe

• Replies 878
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Finish that quote:

Add to that the fact they're going to add space PvP, which means it can't be on rails, and you see that to do that, you either have to revamp the current space game, or completely add a new one in addition to the railshooter. I doubt there will be a new one, so revamp it is.

i would love to see a revamped pvp for space.. it would be awesome. and might help people stick around a bit more.

Finish that quote:

Add to that the fact they're going to add space PvP, which means it can't be on rails, and you see that to do that, you either have to revamp the current space game, or completely add a new one in addition to the railshooter. I doubt there will be a new one, so revamp it is.

What an extremely myopic interpretation--and it is just your interpretation--of what was said. Hype-speak. What Ohlen considers "significant" is completely subjective and has been demonstrated to be very small in scope.

If you ever remember anything I've said on these forums, I hope it's this: When developers start using adjectives like "exciting" or "significant," it's best to check your expectations at the door.

Edited by Dezzi

Most likely a date for when 1.3 to come out and more information on it.?

They aren't going to announce the date that 1.3 will come out, 1.3 hasn't even hit test yet, how could they know the exact date that it will release without even testing it?

They are simply going to re-announce 1.3 for the third time and try their best to make it seem like they have something good going for this game. There is no real reason for anyone to think they've been saving something for E3 that is suddenly going to cause a surge of people to go out and buy the game/resubscribe.

It just isn't going to happen, stop getting your hopes up and you'll be less disappointed when we get another video showcasing all of the nothing that is coming with 1.3

This is very accurate. Its a fine single player game, will it sustain the number of players needed to keep it afloat? It costs money to keep servers running every month, employee costs, Lucas Arts undoubtedly wants royalties on a monthly- semi annual or annual basis: The game is a cash bleeding pig.

Its not a bad game. It just lacks severely in the department of being a long term sustainable game. It definately needs more interactive components that are not repetitious daily combat. Add pazzak (people would love to seek ot rare cards, think of all the time they could get out of the completionists!) and some other gambling to Nar Shadda, add a racing game, add 3D space combat, add world pvp that has an incentive system, or even something objective based where each class would actually have a role instead of just playing vs 6 of the same classes over and over because they have the damage advantage.

Oh come on! This is all conjecture. You don't know anything about the financials and business apsects of this game. To call it a cash bleeding pig is just baseless rhetoric. You sir are a panic mongerer. I believe it is much more likely that the game is making money. It just is not making as much money as was projected by the analysts - who typically know very little about reality anyway.

Edited by Docmal

I would LOVE space PvP. XD It would be all I ever did anymore. Can you imagine a 100%customizable ship!? <3 <3

But, I digress. If they are announcing something at E3, I think it will be new. When in the history of E3 has anyone announced something that people already knew? Generally, it seems that the expo is for revealing new information that can't be found with an internet search.

I know. I was a CH until they removed it, then a BM in SWG. ;)

Nothing says BioWare can't add one in the future.

You are going to be so damn dissapointed when they toss out space PVP on rails. I bet it is going to be warzones similar to Void Star where you take turns chasing each other and whoever gets furthest before they go down wins... or worse you'll be competing side by side for NPC kills.

The good part will be the announcement of 1.3 coming "sooner" than planned (with more details on an exact date coming soon) and lots of thank you's for all our patience. The bad part will be the announcement of the game losing subs at an unsustainable rate and the game being shut down completely by Labor Day. In a related note.....GW2 just announced they doubled the number of servers they will have available for this coming Beta weekend :)

You are going to be so damn dissapointed when they toss out space PVP on rails. I bet it is going to be warzones similar to Void Star where you take turns chasing each other and whoever gets furthest before they go down wins... or worse you'll be competing side by side for NPC kills.

No it can be on the rails .. it will just be space jousting.

You have to open your cockpit window to do this and sit in the left seat to enable this feature while weilding an electro-staff.

1 point for a touch.

2 points for spacing your oponent.

5 points if your openents ship blows up.

:eek:

What an extremely myopic interpretation--and it is just your interpretation--of what was said. Hype-speak. What Ohlen considers "significant" is completely subjective and has been demonstrated to be very small in scope.

If you ever remember anything I've said on these forums, I hope it's this: When developers start using adjectives like "exciting" or "significant," it's best to check your expectations at the door.

To think I was taken in by dev-speak is to completely disregard the rest of my post. Space PvP is coming. Do you even realize the implications of that? How a total change of the space engine is required? How it has to be a multiplayer environment? How it can't be on rails?

For there to even be Space PvP will require a revamp. Plain and simple.

The good part will be the announcement of 1.3 coming "sooner" than planned (with more details on an exact date coming soon) and lots of thank you's for all our patience. The bad part will be the announcement of the game losing subs at an unsustainable rate and the game being shut down completely by Labor Day. In a related note.....GW2 just announced they doubled the number of servers they will have available for this coming Beta weekend :)

You're happy about this? Isn't the problem with new MMOs that their creators WAY overestimate the number of servers they'll need long-term?

The same thing that is happening to SWTOR is going to happen to GW2 if they keep adding servers.

To think I was taken in by dev-speak is to completely disregard the rest of my post. Space PvP is coming. Do you even realize the implications of that? How a total change of the space engine is required? How it has to be a multiplayer environment? How it can't be on rails?

I hope keep the current system (a fun mini-game) AND implement a Off the rails PVP system.

So how'd we go from this...

Earn your own ship which is your base of operations as you explore the galaxy and participate in epic space combat.

... to the very limited and lackluster space game we ended up with? When someone says "epic space combat," I think of JTL. Apparently BioWare doesn't think the same way.

BioWare is very capable of turning space combat PvP into an extremely limited, watered-down, and uninspired experience. Much of the other "epic" and "existing" parts of the game are anyway.

It's dev-speak. Sorry.

Edited by Dezzi

If STO can make a expansive space map and allow you beam down to a planet and walk around a ground map and have a seperate more basic map where you travel (warp) - can't do anything else - from planet to planet.

I don't see why this game can't. I personally think the engine will allow it if they have the Dev time.

Yep, all the content locusts will enjoy GW2 for about 2-3 months and then talk about how they are waiting for the Elderscrolls MMO.

Yep, all the content locusts will enjoy GW2 for about 2-3 months and then talk about how they are waiting for the Elderscrolls MMO.

But not before they poop all over the GW2 forums for those 2 - 3 months.

Yeah, unfortunately I could easily see them making PvP scripted on-rails. Seem to remember in some of the earlier "how to improve space combat" threads, people were even suggesting ways to do it. (for some reason, some people actually LIKE on rails space combat...)

If STO can make a expansive space map and allow you beam down to a planet and walk around a ground map and have a seperate more basic map where you travel (warp) - can't do anything else - from planet to planet.

I don't see why this game can't. I personally think the engine will allow it if they have the Dev time.

I'm not of fan of what STO did with space travel between zones (which was just a variation of what Pirates of the Burning Sea did for crossing the map). I would have much preferred space travel occur at the same scale with timed warp jumps between planets. As it is, the game feels like a collection of mini-games (ground, space travel, space combat) that don't jive or mesh completely together.

Im gonna go with the closing date for all SWTOR servers, that would be a pretty big announcement.

I'm willing to bet you $100 that this is not the case. PM me for contact info.

But not before they poop all over the GW2 forums for those 2 - 3 months.

This game will be a distant memory in their minds at that point though, meanwhile all 10 of you will still be here bemoaning the fact that space pvp isn't in yet.

Ah well, the future holds different paths for all of us.

I'll see you at ESO's launch!

I've already two pets, but clearly you don't know what I'm talking about.

Perhaps, if you were a little more forthcoming in your post the first time around, I would. you did not, therefore, my responce was based of the information (read: opinion) you stated:

JTL? You will not have it in SWTOR. (I am farily certain that expansions are on the way)

PETS? You will not have it in SWTOR. (SWTOR has pets)

Player Housing? You will not have it in SWTOR. (SWTOR offers the player thier own ship. Make with that what you will. I happen to make mine home, because as a Sith warrrior, I have little to no need of "homemaking" things that need to be shown off)

Meaningful crafting? You will not have it in SWTOR. (And yet, we do.)

Should I continue or am I clear?

Clearly you do not know how to expand and explain your intuitive insight into comparing apples and oranges.