Massive E3 Announcement on Monday

Frankt

Yeah the only definate statement they have made though was "a few new missions within 6 months" (and the time for those missions to appear within the 6 months is running short now).

Whilst I'd love them to have been working on a massive space expansion I can't see why they'd have kept it secret when (like SoE with JTL) annoucing it would have helped retain subs (maybe they have been secret though, who knows).

If it is a new announcement, then that is great, but it's unlikely to be seen this year if they've just started on it.

I'd hope for a big space announcement, but I'll be quite surprised if it actually is (although it must be in their plans, not only have SO many people asked for it since beta, but that offical poll they made here showed it as a MASSIVE player "want").

I can only speculate. Competition, maybe? Wanting it to be a big surprise? The industry is full of companies that deny a product right up until the minute they announce it.

• Replies 878
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Who said EA/BW would make the announcement? For all we know it's LA ;)

the only one who said EA/BW would make an anouncement is the OP...all the commercials were hyping the NEW starwars game...not TOR

the only one who said EA/BW would make an anouncement is the OP...all the commercials were hyping the NEW starwars game...not TOR

Worst part is.. in a few weeks people will come: "remember how Bioware promised us a big announcement at E3 and did not deliver!? QQ"

Really, the internet has just prooven how little humanity has evolved from basic herd animals sometimes..

It's just speculation because SWTOR is on the E3 list for EA. You don't bring a game to E3 unless you are going to show some new information. It could just be the full details of 1.3 and sneak peak of 1.4 I guess...or it could be something bigger like a Expansion pack... I don't see why not. The game needs some good news (this coming from a SWTOR supporter) and announcing a EP even 6 or so plus months before it's release would be a morale boost for the community I suppose.

I´d like a "fun announcement": Augmenting augment tables with a Legacy unlock for 1.000.000 credits. Augment planet sizes, space combat and exhaustion zones. New item: Immersion glasses which make planets appear less static. Princess Leia headphones for additional music loop augmentation.

You sir are my hero .

If devs will not change direction of this game I'm afraid only thing for them left to announce will be going FTP with this game because their subs will keep declining.

You sir are my hero .

If devs will not change direction of this game I'm afraid only thing for them left to announce will be going FTP with this game because their subs will keep declining.

thats a very nice opinion you have..though i highly doubt ftp will be their announcement.. likely it will be annoucing either a new update for content (comming soon of course) an expansion (maybe space.. they said there was space changes comming) or annoucements for server transfers and mergers...

The announcement will be that the games closing.

come on now thats a bit doom and gloom..even if ea planed on closing the game they would make massive changes ( that they have in the works already) before they do in an attempt to save the game.. then out of the blue just close it down like APB .. I am not sure what the annoucement is..but I am sure EA can still wring some cash out of this game enough to keep it alive still

Just so you all know, 9PM BST is the EA conference, if anything is being announced it will be then. Got a countdown timer running on gamespot for the live stream of the microsoft conference. 3 more hours until E3 starts :D

6 hours till the EA confrenece. hopefully its a good annoucement:)

I sense an expansion pack in the Force....

This! 600+ employees working on this game just 2 weeks ago, and the best they could come up with was "Legacy"?! Yeah...I think EA has a minimum of 2 expansions already coded and ready to sell (in the coming months).

This! 600+ employees working on this game just 2 weeks ago, and the best they could come up with was "Legacy"?! Yeah...I think EA has a minimum of 2 expansions already coded and ready to sell (in the coming months).

that would be awesome..and i would buy them both for sure.:)

6 hours till the EA confrenece. hopefully its a good annoucement:)

Hope so, i'm betting that we'll be shown some amazing new content coming soon, perhaps a montage showing off 1.3, 1.4, and 1.5 in all their glory. If i was thinking about leaving, that would make me stay.

come on now thats a bit doom and gloom..even if ea planed on closing the game they would make massive changes ( that they have in the works already) before they do in an attempt to save the game.. then out of the blue just close it down like APB .. I am not sure what the annoucement is..but I am sure EA can still wring some cash out of this game enough to keep it alive still

I know, was just having a putt shot at those QQ'ers.This game will be around for another decade at least.