Massive E3 Announcement on Monday

Frankt

This - Looks like we are getting information concerning an Expansion of some type.

I certainly hope so. It's kind of soon for an expansion, but it would make me much more excited by the game. There are other factors as well, like trying to keep up subs while GW2 is out, which should be pretty soon.

BW needs some hype to keep players here, and showing an expansion pack might just do the trick. If it's just content updates like 1.3 and 1.4, then it probably won't be a huge deal. At the Guild summit they did say the stories would continue this year, so it may just be a large patch with story content. I think they need to announce that and go even bigger. But that's imho.

• Replies 878
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

With all the doom and gloom on most sites out there for months, with people leaving in way too big numbers...I do hope it is something huge. Personally I'm a bit pessimistic and have a hard time keeping up faith with them but yeah...still holding out, hoping for the best.

17 pages of EA/BW bashing and counting. And you sincerely wonder why they don't communicate here on the forums? You don't deserve to be told anything.

Well, you may not like it, but customers tend to have opinions. They might be the same as yours, they might be the complete opposite, but that doesn't make them invalid. Lack of communication has led to alot of the gripes, so instead of blaming the players, try having a think about where the angst originated.

Please forgive me for not knowing every single article on every website on the internets.

They have all been linked/sourced in this thread. Heck, the post before yours was mine quoting from one of the articles.

Edited by Jesseria

Well, you may not like it, but customers tend to have opinions. They might be the same as yours, they might be the complete opposite, but that doesn't make them invalid. Lack of communication has led to alot of the gripes, so instead of blaming the players, try having a think about where the angst originated.

The problem seems to originate from a good number of people wanting SWTOR to be WoW.

maybe f2p until level 20?

That would be a terrible idea. SWTOR is down to $40 now. Considering you can have 2 companions at level 20 (you might even be able to squeeze a third in before level 20), I think too many people would buy a second account to have 16+ extra companion missions running.

In case people wanna watch the 1 hour EA presentation. It is today in a bit more than 4 hours time from this post.

Note that this regards all of their games, and not 1 hour of SWTOR news, but you willl get information from 'the horses mouth' so to speak.

http://e3.gamespot.com/press-conference/ea-e3/

Edited by kirdapeswtor
forgot something

Maybe they'll put in more gear that requires another 500 daily commendations to get one piece, of which you'll need 6, and then the mods, so you can complete newer harder hard modes, which have a 1 in 50 chance of dropping something you'll need, and a 1 in 100 chance of dropping one crafting material of which you need three to make something worth your time.

Or is that what they already have?

They communicate far more than Blizzard do and WoW seems to be thriving.

They communicate far more than Blizzard do and WoW seems to be thriving.

They communicate frequently: answering softball questions or questions about how existing features work. They give non-specific answers about content, giving the illusion that content is coming but there is no timeframe (soon= sometime between next week and 2027).

Blizzard doesn't have to answer these questions because it's an 8 yr old (fully developed and featured) game that has ruled the market for years.

The communication we get usually sounds like it comes from a White House Press secretary.

"Well I'm going to have to refer you to the creative department for that one, but what I will say is that Bioware is taking steps to bring content into the game at an aggressive rate."

Edited by mattgyver

Why do people think EA won't make SWTOR F2P? They made Warhammer Online F2P.

Because, besides your cries of "the game is dying", this game is doing fine in sub numbers. Warhammer has been dead for a while now.

I can see the difference, why can't you? (Don't answer, I already know why).

ahh. the parents!