Massive E3 Announcement on Monday

Frankt

They might make it F2P, but not at this subscription level. Also, a F2P transition takes about 9-12 months, which means no other content during that time. There won't be anyone left try F2P if this game took a year off from content creation, its too new.

Agreed, going F2P means you expect enough players to stick around to be able to generate income from item shops. Heck it takes a lot of time and money for companies to set up a game to go F2P. I'm going with the announcement being about another Star Wars game entirely.

• Replies 878
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I just saw a video on Youtube about E3 from Spike TV and when they mentioned Starwars, both SWTOR was shown along with a flash of something else that didn't look like TOR. Maybe a battlefront game?

They used a lot of old material from The Force Unleashed 2. It's just filler material until they are allowed to show the real stuff.

Edited by Lord_Ravenhurst

What should we ask them? Why they believe the market needed another candycolored medieval cartoon crap MMO, commonly known as WoWclone, featuring dwarfs and fairies?

If Arenanet wants me to play their game, they'd need to pay me a monthly fee... and yes, I tried the beta and it was godawful boring and repetitive.

Next time, try playing without a blindfold or earplugs. You might enjoy it more. ;)

I just saw a video on Youtube about E3 from Spike TV and when they mentioned Starwars, both SWTOR was shown along with a flash of something else that didn't look like TOR. Maybe a battlefront game?

Its not "SW Battlefront 3" unless "Pandemic Studios" is working on the game.

Agreed, going F2P means you expect enough players to stick around to be able to generate income from item shops. Heck it takes a lot of time and money for companies to set up a game to go F2P. I'm going with the announcement being about another Star Wars game entirely.

It's pretty likely. Most people with any spark of realism inside of them have seen that there really isn't anything big they can say about ToR right now. If anything, it would be wise to direct eyes away from the game for at least another month, construction tape is unsightly.

However with how much people have hyped themselves for a "massive e3 announcement SPECIFICALLY ABOUT SWTOR" it's unlikely that theres going to be many pleased fannies around this forum.

Next time, try playing without a blindfold or earplugs. You might enjoy it more. ;)

Also played GW2 and found myself bored. Not that I was surprised. It is just more swords and shields, magical pixie elves, and wizards.

It's pretty likely. Most people with any spark of realism inside of them have seen that there really isn't anything big they can say about ToR right now. If anything, it would be wise to direct eyes away from the game for at least another month, construction tape is unsightly.

However with how much people have hyped themselves for a "massive e3 announcement SPECIFICALLY ABOUT SWTOR" it's unlikely that theres going to be many pleased fannies around this forum.

LOL!! I agree. It's about 1313, not TOR.

you say that when half the people who enjoyed cataclysm dont return to mop to play pokemon with pandas

100% baseless speculation.

I expect MANY will return to temporarily play the MoP expansion, mainly because WoW releases higher quality expansions than any other MMO. These expansions don't necessarily keep our interest, since many of us have long tired of WoW, but they are still enjoyable for a couple months and many find that worth the price.

MoP might end up being WoW's worst expansion. But it will surely be better than competitors': AoC, WAR, Rift, Aion? (A SWTOR expansion would barely bring it to where it should have been at release.) In fact, WoW's average expansion, by itself, tends to be superior to most other MMO releases (and god I wish that wasn't true . . . I keep trying all new MMOs hoping).

Edited by Cerdo_hormiguero

Oh, there will he no next time for me and GW2. Beta client deleted and forgotten. I'm just sick of those medieval settings and childish cartoon fantasy designs, stupid developers who can't come up with new settings make me sick.

And the dynamic events, lol. Sounded good, but that gets old after two days, all that remains is another silly WoWclone. Fail.

Did I mention the GW2 cutscenes and voiceovers? Bwa-ha-ha... :D

Edited by Lord_Ravenhurst

Oh, there will he no next time for me and GW2. Beta client deleted and forgotten. I'm just sick of those medieval settings and childish cartoon fantasy designs, stupid developers who can't come up with new settings make me sick.

And the dynamic events, lol. Sounded good, but that gets old after two days, all that remains is another silly WoWclone. Fail.

You're so far off the mark when you say "WoWclone" that I can't help but believe you're trollin'. Can I ask a stupid question? If you're sick of fantasy sword and board, why did you try it to begin with? It's pretty damn clear what kind of setting GW2 features.

EDIT - I guess you didn't see "Work in Progress" behind the blindfold. But no matter, they're not trumpeting the uber single-player storytelling experience in GW2 like was done here by BioWare and EA.

Edited by Dezzi

100% baseless speculation.

I expect MANY will return to temporarily play the MoP expansion, mainly because WoW releases higher quality expansions than any other MMO. These expansions don't necessarily keep our interest, since many of us have long tired of WoW, but they are still enjoyable for a couple months and many find that worth the price.

MoP might end up being WoW's worst expansion. But it will surely be better than competitors': AoC, WAR, Rift, Aion? (A SWTOR expansion would barely bring it to where it should have been at release.) In fact, WoW's average expansion, by itself, tends to be superior to most other MMO releases (and god I wish that wasn't true . . . I keep trying all new MMOs hoping).

So you are judging a expansion that has yet to be announced yet?

So you are judging a expansion that has yet to be announced yet?

I think he's judging a future expansion based on the quality of developed content and features thus far. That being the case, I'd say he's right.

Edited by Dezzi

Personally I don't understand why there isn't a space PVP too the scale of Battlefront 2. I wanna space dog fight and the ability to land on a ship - real time. Fight may through the the core, destroy it and have 2min to get back to my ship before it blows up.

So, you want really silly space combat? Pretty sure in star wars, capital ship shields would prevent landing if they're up. And if they're down, the star wars cap ships are basically dead meat to torps and whatnot. I mean, I guess if you're totally out of torps landing might be an ok option, but probably easier/safer/faster to just defang the thing by shooting out it's guns/engines. And then you get a repairable captured ship if/when you win.

I think he's judging a future expansion based on the quality of developed content and features thus far. That being the case, I'd say he's right.

Meh.

SWTOR on launch day was well received. Critically acclaimed, all of that. Why people left is a variety of reasons (mostly because there is always a mass exodus nowadays). But I think it's silly to just assume they are going to treat a EP the same as they would a patch.

SWG was 500 times better than SWTOR.

JTL? You will not have it in SWTOR.

PETS? You will not have it in SWTOR.

Player Housing? You will not have it in SWTOR.

Meaningful crafting? You will not have it in SWTOR.

Should I continue or am I clear?

Meaningful crafting? Already in

Pets? Non-combat AND combat pets are already in

Player housing? Do not want.

JTL? We can hope.

Meh.

SWTOR on launch day was well received. Critically acclaimed, all of that. Why people left is a variety of reasons (mostly because there is always a mass exodus nowadays). But I think it's silly to just assume they are going to treat a EP the same as they would a patch.

So... wait.

You think people leave just because that's what people do? As if some secret document was signed by gamers everywhere that when a new MMO launches, everyone plays for a month then bails?

People leave because they're more dissatisfied than they are satisfied. In this case, 1.1 million people were dissatisfied in just 5-months' time--be it because of a lackluster space game, bad PvP game, forgettable crafting game, lack of roleplaying support (my reason), or any other reason under the sun.

Don't get me started on gaming journalists, who have a very real and vested interest in saying nice things about big titles...

Edited by Dezzi

You're so far off the mark when you say "WoWclone" that I can't help but believe you're trollin'. Can I ask a stupid question? If you're sick of fantasy sword and board, why did you try it to begin with? It's pretty damn clear what kind of setting GW2 features.

Wanted to see what the hype is about and got a GW2 beta key. Somehow I thought this would be highly immersive, or even sandboxy with the cities and the "dynamic" stuff people were talking about, so I might overlook the fantasy/kids setting.

Didn't work for me and the download was a complete waste of bandwidth. It's just another thenepark but in a setting I hate, so I rather swallow a themepark in a setting I like (TOR/SciFi). besides I'm rather looking forward to Secret World, which is way more sandboxy in crafting and skill based progression. Had loads of fun in TSW beta.

I know what the secret announcement is!

I got it from my friend Jim, who swears he is an exec at EA... I can share it with y'all if you promise to keep it a secret!

The big announcement is, one that will INSTANTLY bring back 400k+ players and see server population rise to near post launch numbers!

Its a new character class!

A final Legacy unlock, and you need to have had a Jedi, and be currently unsubbed. Its called the FORCE GHOST!

So... wait.

You think people leave just because that's what people do? As if some secret document was signed by gamers everywhere that when a new MMO launches, everyone plays for a month then bails?

People leave because they're more dissatisfied than they are satisfied. In this case, 1.1 million people were dissatisfied in just 5-months' time--be it because of a lackluster space game, bad PvP game, forgettable crafting game, lack of roleplaying support (my reason), or any other reason under the sun.

Don't get me started on gaming journalists, who have a very real and vested interest in saying nice things about big titles...

You didn't read this? It's funny because it's true. It doesn't matter how much a MMO launches with, this will always be true.