New PvP Daily is Hurting PvP...Some people literally aren't trying now

TheLordMaster

It's not BW job to fix the human behavior. Thus they can do little about scrubs that don't want to play the same thing they want to play. Sounds moronic, I know, but I don't think I'm far from truth. When we had Wins for daily some would just quit or AFK when losing now they will just AFK. This change is good for the people that want to play and have fun despite of being overwhelmed by gear disparity or faction imbalance and do less or no damage for the rest.

On a final note, it is very hard to make every "unique" individual happy so BW needs to work with statistics and care for the majority. Try to see past your "unique"individual desires and see the big picture. And please chill and enjoy yourself.

Edited by LenrocNewDawn

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well I guess I am in the minority here...I don't like getting hand outs for losses. I don't expect to get rewards for not completing stuff. Like I said I can completely understand the frustration of getting steamrolled all night but I still think there needs to be a different solution.

well you make this thread complaining about a system and you dont even have one NOT ONE idea of what you would replace this with.

These mini games.. aka Warzones are a joke... why do them? To grind gear to do another mini game.. to err.. grind gear..... don't get me wrong I like to win but if i don't? well... I'll just queue for the next one. If I win? Well i like to win but i'll just queue for the next one.

There is zero incentive to play mini games.. gear is handed out with every ca now.

It's gotten that boring I'd prefer every one gets a full set of War hero when they hit 50 and there were no mini games only open world objectives. Any one here ever play EQ2 when titles meant something???? There was no reason to pvp apart from some cack title.... yet the pvp was awesome.

Just implement a second daily.

[DAILY] Win 3 Warzone matches. Reward: 99 Ranked Warzone Commendations

[DAILY] Play 6 Warzone matches. Reward: 99 Warzone Commendations

[WEEKLY] Win 9 Warzone matches. Reward: 99 Ranked - + 99 Warzone Commendations

Edited by Nisdec

The change to the daily is good, IMO. However, one thing I'd like to see is wins counting for 2 warzones played. That way, if you put more effort/luck into it, you can finish the daily faster, but losing still sees some reward.

This is already the case mate.

"Daily Warzone missions now require the completion of 6 Warzone matches. Losing a match counts as 1 completion towards this goal, while winning a match counts as 2 completions."

This is empirically false. The people who don't try to win a warzone now are the same ones who didn't try to win last week. This change had nothing to do with it.

The current situation, in terms of player effort, is the exact same as before this patch. Only now players still get some benefit from playing a full match and losing. This is a good change.

Please stop crying doom for every single minor *********** change.

Didnt they say that with 1.2 they would make dailies in pvp so that your effort is working against finishing your daily faster?

The change is better than before but now players can just get they dailies done without focusing on winning which should always be the most attractive option.

The fix: Make daily pvp mission to be an amount of commendations earned during warzones. This way a win makes you finish your daily faster. Making it amount of medals would just turn every game into a medal farming competition

The fix: Make daily pvp mission to be an amount of commendations earned during warzones. This way a win makes you finish your daily faster. Making it amount of medals would just turn every game into a medal farming competition

Good thought, but that might turn every civil war into a 7 man defense at one node after the first 2 minutes ;)

If i keep getting rotated into a bad PuG group and my servers on the low side for pop, this is who i'm going to be playing with all night. And sometimes i'm just not really in the mood to do a dozen matches, so I can get the bad imperial pug 3 tmes to get the daily done. I think it will lower overall participitation per player, who stop once thier daily is done. But in terms of players, I think the idea of win or lose your done in 6 matches. Will increase in participants overall and if you wanna keep going for the weekly, well that's your call.

Here here! PVP is RUINED with this new system, all I have to do is log on, que up, give my best to earn as many medals as possible, and get rewarded EVERY MATCH. I don't have to worry about if my other team members have crap gear or don't know how to play any more, I don't need to worry if I'm vs. a pre-made, I don't even have to worry about if I win. ALL I care about now is trying to have a good time while doing productive things to earn medals.

I used to love it when my friends would que up with me, get face rolled, and rage quit for the night because they knew they would be facing the same pre-made team over and over again with no hope of a win. WHAT ARE THEY SUPPOSED TO DO NOW?? Stay online for 6 matches without streesing it because, hey, they are going to get the reward regardless? Focus on HAVING FUN?

BS. Total and complete BS.

this post describes my feelings towards this thread's OP and all of the supporters of this thread's OP

HOW DARE THEY?

Rearranging deck chairs on the titanic. Who cares, the ship is going down... now move over and make some room on that floating door please. :D The GW2 ship should be along any minute to rescue us. brrrrr Edited by Serbegorn

I fully support this post!!!!

The new daily is a total farce inspiring players to lose 6 WZ's as quickly as possible.

A better idea would have been 'Win 2 or play 6 total'. There must be a reason for players to perform well.

Another idea could of been to change it to 1 win a day so it is the same as 1-49 obv you would have a lesser reward but you could make up for that in the weekly.

Well I guess I am in the minority here...I don't like getting hand outs for losses. I don't expect to get rewards for not completing stuff. Like I said I can completely understand the frustration of getting steamrolled all night but I still think there needs to be a different solution.

Do you /quit the warzone you're losing right before it ends to make sure you don't get rewards, because hey, you didn't earn them? No? Didn't think so.

Very noble. Well played Sir

Didnt they say that with 1.2 they would make dailies in pvp so that your effort is working against finishing your daily faster?

The change is better than before but now players can just get they dailies done without focusing on winning which should always be the most attractive option.

(emphasis added)

Winning still is the most attractive option because you get double credit for a win. It's now just not the ONLY option.

You still get a lot more comms for trying than for not trying, and even more for winning vs losing.

i know but peop seem to not understand , they always have been hand held, no now they see in their quest log ''participate in 6 warzones'' , so they just go their and dont care about winning, but the thing is now we lose way faster and i have trouble making 3-4 medal.

Why in the hell would I make this **** up? Are you serious...Of course not everyone is doing it but there are people just sitting in warzones doing the minimum not to get kicked just to earn a loss.

I don't think you're making anything up. I think you're exaggerating.

Played 10+ WZs last night in both the 50 and the Lowbie brackets. Aside from one match in a Lowbie where two people quit (or crashed? who knows), I saw no shenanigans.

I disagree completely. People on my server (which, incidentally is the same as the OP's) have been playing like they always have been for the most part.

Interesting. According to the Server list, Mind Trick is a PvE Server. I therefore change my assessment of what the OP said completely. It is likely true that the carebears on that PvE server do indeed play like garbage in PvP; quit, AFK, dance around, keyboard turn, click skills, and roleplay during WZs. It's a PvE server. I would expect nothing less than the worst possible behavior and gameplay when these players PvP.

To the OP- premades who farmed losers before are upset that there may eventually be some form of gear equity. Sorry (not really) I support current system.

Competition? When was it competitive before? No, your just being elitist and don't want to share in the gear difference that separates you. That's what this post is all about. Please DIAF plox

Edited by Itukaaj

Bioware I see what you tried to do by allowing people to lose and still get matches, as this would allow gear challenged people to still get the daily done and the intent is a good thing. But now I kid you not there are scrubs that don't care and just run around throwing out an attack or heal once in a while so they don't get voted out of a match or kicked for being afk. You've now made it so that players don't even have to try to win to get their daily done. :rolleyes:

It needs to change seriously before this ruins pvp... make it they also have to get a certain amount of medals to get credit for the loss or something. I don't know how else you would do it but this new daily is crap. Do we get credit for failing repeatedly on a boss fight? F no...so please come up with another design to still allow people that are getting wrecked to get the daily done w/o letting people just sit back and accept losses.

Im not trying if i see more than 2 enemy marauders/sentinels..i just afk through game....couldnt care less about daily

More people are que'ing. More people to fight. More fun for me.

Call me selfish, but I'm going to get mine no matter what. All I do is pvp and this change has caused people to que that I have literally never seen before.

They are asking questions, learning about the objectives, and dare I say enjoying pvp.