New PvP Daily is Hurting PvP...Some people literally aren't trying now

TheLordMaster

I honestly like the change just for the fact that its constant warzones. queues now. I dunno about you but every warzone I played tonight everyone tried to the very end. Except the few people that left.

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

think this patch is an improvement and a step in the right direction. BW has to stop catering to the ultra hard core pvp crowd. The 1.2 update with the comms if you win cost the 40% drop in subscriptions and thats even with the extra 30 day handout. This mornings news was the 1st time I've ever seen a games mass exodus and subsequent stock drop make the news. If BW doesnt bring folks into pvp and end game content we wont have a SWTOR forum to discuss it in.

a couple of other things they should look at IMHO

Lower cost of all the pvp gear. Level the playing field The grinds to get it take too dang long. You shouldn’t have to be in a top guild to get the gear to play.

Hook up with team speak and get voip chat in the WZ's , Flashpoints, and Raids. Its entirely doable with the TS api and they dont have to roll their own from the ground up.

Wow there are some really passionate responses here.

For me, I just consider what I want for myself. I want to play pvp. I want to be rewarded. The more rewards the better.

I dont worry about anyone else or how they play or if they leave or complain or what they get. I can't change that and unfortunately sometimes it will impact my rewards. That's mmo pvp.

I want Bioware to offer even more so I can enjoy this game even more. I have about half WH gear now and that grind is almost over (other than custom augmented). I would always rather spend my time playing, on an equal field with everyone from a gear perspective, rather than grind through to get overpriced time sink gear while I try to overcome stats I just don't have yet.

So if I was on the bottom still this would be even better- more players, more equality, less grind, and I could compete and contribute to WZs even more. I could actually play and enjoy it. That is what I would want.

Edited by whatthefett

For myself I usually play enough games where I complete the daily regardless of whatever it requires but its frusterating to be on a team that gives up if its vs a premade or down by a good amount of points and thats where the people who are actually pvping not for valor or dailys or gear but for fun lose out. There will always be a few people now and then that dont try but by rewarding participation in the game and not just for queing for a game it might help.

Did some WZ's tonight, to my surprise, we were actually dominating against the republics which is very unusual because we lost the majority of time against them.

I see more players actually trying rather than just saying screw it, let them win. Just try and even if you lose you're still completing the daily. Huttball was insane earlier and ended in a 0-0 match with us winning because we grabbed the ball with 3s left.

Eh, coming from a server where the PvP faction balance is notoriously bad (guilds talk constantly about it), I can't really complain. It would take me 9 games on one faction what would take 4 on another to get the three wins. And I think it started to become a situation where even as minimal as rewards differ from losing to winning, the constantly winning faction probably was much quicker to get newbies in the level 50 bracket geared up.

It comes down to this guys, there will always be people who won't work with the team no matter how hard you try. But with the new daily, the non-dominate group at least has a chance to gear up. While without the new daily many players were frustation of lossing matches all day long without any reward for partipation was cause people to not play in warzones at all.

Take Kaas City for example, when we had the Ilum dailies tied into the warzone dailies, the Republic acturally started to regain hope that pvp balance could be achieve, so more people played in the warzones and the Win/Loss ratio shifted from the Imperials winning 90% of the warzones to the Imperials winning about 60% of the warzones until 1.2 came out and the ratio shifted back in favor of the Imperials. The goal of adding the daily is to incentives players to play more warzones rather than boycotting warzones. Thus warzone queue times will come down and the gear and win/loss ratios will balance back out in the long term.

Edited by JediMasterBurst

I did 3 WZs during my lunch today and didn't see one iota of afking, dancing, quitting. I call bs, unless you are on a PvE server and then it's possible, but who cares in that case.

Im from PvP server and there is always that 1 or 2 guys that literally dont give a damn. In fact one of them is in the same guild as me, i have noticed him barely doing anything. As long as he gets comms, and guess what, hes already 5 parts WH augmented, accessories all WH, just by having no live and afking in WZ each day. The new pvp will only encourage such behaviour.

But then again im 50/50 on this matter. I had some bad weeks where i had 102loses : 6wins in a week's worth of WZ, couldnt even complete my weekly. In weeks like this i really appreciate the new changes.

Edited by ImariKurumi

Armoring and all the trinkets that come with it, including weapons, should be craftable only. I don't mind having rewards for PvP (although I don't need rewards to do so), but it's about time we get some form of a craft based system that overrides farm PvP.

I agree with you here and there is actually a system in place already that makes crafting highly desireable...

The BiS gear for PvP and PvE is augmented orange gear. The only way to obtain augmented gear is from crafting.

Bioware I see what you tried to do by allowing people to lose and still get matches, as this would allow gear challenged people to still get the daily done and the intent is a good thing. But now I kid you not there are scrubs that don't care and just run around throwing out an attack or heal once in a while so they don't get voted out of a match or kicked for being afk. You've now made it so that players don't even have to try to win to get their daily done. :rolleyes:

It needs to change seriously before this ruins pvp... make it they also have to get a certain amount of medals to get credit for the loss or something. I don't know how else you would do it but this new daily is crap. Do we get credit for failing repeatedly on a boss fight? F no...so please come up with another design to still allow people that are getting wrecked to get the daily done w/o letting people just sit back and accept losses.

I played about 10 matches tonight an didn't see any of this.

i no this is off topic abitbut didnt a previous patch post 1.2 say that war hero pvp gear brought with ranked warzone commendations had there prices lowered. now i no for a fact they went. day 1 war hero helm 2.475 ranked commendations plus the battlemaster helm. and today its still the same place. it took me 2 weeks ish just to get that helm coz of pre-mades dominating or perhaps it would have been same either way. but war hero gear is rediculasly long grindfest. wouldnt it have been better to make the crafted oranage moddable set not have a valour requirement and say cost 250k creds for the schematic box and the purple barterable war hero set ranked 70 considering ud need mods to slot onto the crafted set anyway and bm gear mods dont carry over set bonus??

I just want to say that I find this step by Bioware to be really good imo. For casual puggers like myself, sometimes the luck of the draw smiles at you and sometimes it doesn't. When you have limited time to play, it's good to know that it still counts for something when you give it your best.

+1 for Bioware on this.

i'm thinking the ranked WZ's will be where people are trying and the regular ones will be there for everyone else to face roll through. Or work through to get into ranked WZ's.

They do have story mode for ops that are pretty simple and acessable. Looks like they are doing the same thing with WZ's.

Bioware I see what you tried to do by allowing people to lose and still get matches, as this would allow gear challenged people to still get the daily done and the intent is a good thing. But now I kid you not there are scrubs that don't care and just run around throwing out an attack or heal once in a while so they don't get voted out of a match or kicked for being afk. You've now made it so that players don't even have to try to win to get their daily done. :rolleyes:

It needs to change seriously before this ruins pvp... make it they also have to get a certain amount of medals to get credit for the loss or something. I don't know how else you would do it but this new daily is crap. Do we get credit for failing repeatedly on a boss fight? F no...so please come up with another design to still allow people that are getting wrecked to get the daily done w/o letting people just sit back and accept losses.

LOL... this has to be a troll! It has to!

Well I have to disagree with the OP. If there were no rewards for losing on my server there would be no Republic players in PVP at all. We have maybe 2-3 regular Republic premades and a lot of die hard Pugs. The Imperials have 8 or more regular premades and they drag their Pugs along for wins. They way out gear us and ROLF stomp us on a regular basis. You can try to say we are all Bads, but were are fighting numbers. With some rewards we are catching up gear wise, altough at a slower pace. And the fights are getting tougher as we get closer gear wise. The Imperials will top out soon and we will be chasing them. No rewards for losing and most would rather PVE or unsub.

Bottom line is, Bioware can tell just how many people are taking part in warzones now compared to prior to this patch. If there are currently more people, then this patch is currently a success.

For me, I would rather have a warzone pop all the time, irrespective of who I am with/against , than wait around 30 mins for one to pop.

People whining about this, i suspect play on highly populated servers, so just don't see the main problem with pvp as it stands, which is lack of participants.

Edited by ThorgrimLutgen

Here here! PVP is RUINED with this new system, all I have to do is log on, que up, give my best to earn as many medals as possible, and get rewarded EVERY MATCH. I don't have to worry about if my other team members have crap gear or don't know how to play any more, I don't need to worry if I'm vs. a pre-made, I don't even have to worry about if I win. ALL I care about now is trying to have a good time while doing productive things to earn medals.

I used to love it when my friends would que up with me, get face rolled, and rage quit for the night because they knew they would be facing the same pre-made team over and over again with no hope of a win. WHAT ARE THEY SUPPOSED TO DO NOW?? Stay online for 6 matches without streesing it because, hey, they are going to get the reward regardless? Focus on HAVING FUN?

BS. Total and complete BS.

QFE

Love this post <3

Edited by sian_gali

Wait

You're QQ about winning?

Why do you care what the other side does you won.

Winning is the worst possible thing man! It's almost as bad as losing!

Why are the /v/irgins running out of things to shoot down the game at? I enjoy throwing logic at your threads. :jawa_tongue:

PVP is **** now, its no fun at all . People go afk, or like OP said, they arent trying at all, no need to win anymore so why die trying? Seriously, iv unsubbed this game, Im tired of having hope and always get a slap in the face, bioware, sorry but you failed at copying a game you should have do it on your own.

PVP is **** now, its no fun at all . People go afk, or like OP said, they arent trying at all, no need to win anymore so why die trying? Seriously, iv unsubbed this game, Im tired of having hope and always get a slap in the face, bioware, sorry but you failed at copying a game you should have do it on your own.

I disagree completely. People on my server (which, incidentally is the same as the OP's) have been playing like they always have been for the most part. I only played one game of 5 v 8 today. Other than that, there was nothing but full games where people were actually trying to win.

New PvP Daily is Hurting PvP...Some people literally aren't trying now

OP, I doubt that very much. People go into pvp always tries from all the games I've seen.

You can't afk and get something anymore (not without badges). 99 comms a day for doing this is really dismal. If they do that, they will be getting less than 1 piece of gear in a week, as oppose to someone who actually will get 1 piece of gear in less than a couple of hrs by actually playing that 6 games. Those 90 comms are minor bonuses, at best.

I don't think people will really hold up their cpu time just for that 99 comms a day, which could probably be better use for bittorrenting. Especially the fact that there is virtually NO world pvp in this game, and you can't even take your gear outside to gank people with in most places.

Therefore your logic is flawed.

It seems more like you a have vested interest in newbies not catching up so you can continue beating them up because you have better gear.

Edited by aRtFuL

Yes. Sometimes you enter and people don't play now. Sometimes BEFORE, you would enter and people would just auto leave if the group looked fail.

On the other hand, people that wouldn't join before because they felt their "daily" was more of a "weekly" and their "weekly" was an "eternity" are queuing up; which is creating more games for everyone. More people queuing up, means more games, and also less likely you're going to run into a pre-made (or worse the same pre-made) team every game.

I personally would rather have it like this. Logged on, queued solo on my healer - finished the daily. Then logged on my tank and finished the daily and almost the weekly before people started logging for the night and the queues started getting long.

Na. I can actually log on at night for my 1-2 hours of play and get my daily done without worrying about playing the same republic 8 man premade over and over and over again (my server is very low pop. at night).

What is the big deal with all the people crying?

Daily now needs 6 matches played to complete. If you win, the win counts as 2 matches played, so 3 wins still = daily done. What's the problem here?

Furthermore: ever stopped to think there are a lot of crappy populated servers that have 1 overpowered side obliterating the other EACH time they get into a match (rare occasion, but it can happen, queue to pop that is)?

Think a bit about these things maybe.

This change is a very nice change for PVP in SWTOR. VERY.

PVP has been rewarding premades rolling over PUGs since 1.2 more than ever with medals for finishing a game fast, etc... So at least the losing team has some sort of progression too, even if it's vastly inferior. It WILL and already HAS an effect on warzone quitters and thats a very good way of improving PVP community (this will encourage PUGs)