New PvP Daily is Hurting PvP...Some people literally aren't trying now

TheLordMaster

pvp in this game has already been ruined enough.i dont see how it could possibly get any worse

It's the worst PvP you could imagine? Yet you're on the PvP forums? Cool.

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

No offense OP but some of this stuff was going on long before the change. Most of them were medal farmers that didn't care about the win jus tthe extra medals so they could epeen and some were doing it just to screw with people on their own team.

I'd rather there be an incentive to go and get your face smashed in by pre made half teams and get rewards for showing up, extra rewards for trying, then to get nothing because everyone quits or no one Queue's up.

Annoying childish players always exist and designing a game's quests around to try & thwart those people does nothing but punish everyone else. Just like DRM it doesn't really punish pirates but it punishes in some cases legit purchasers of the game. If they're doing it continuously just write down their name and report them for circumventing the vote system in order to harrass other players.

Edited by Kindara

Because it isnt fun to pvp with or against people that don't even try.

I did 3 WZs during my lunch today and didn't see one iota of afking, dancing, quitting. I call bs, unless you are on a PvE server and then it's possible, but who cares in that case.

Edited by DarthOvertone

Last night the only difference I saw was that people would get a few medals but as soon as a loss was possible give up and camp at their "default" point for defender medals and maximize their comms. The games were still very much winnable, but people can get a guaranteed benefit by afk'ing.

The problem isn't dailies its that PvP is gear based. As long as people can progress they will find the path of least resistance. We need ranked warzones where there are cool rewards like gametime, titles, or other prestige items instead of a set of gear that makes you "better" for being more "skilled".

No offense OP but some of this stuff was going on long before the change. Most of them were medal farmers that didn't care about the win jus tthe extra medals so they could epeen and some were doing it just to screw with people on their own team.

I'd rather there be an incentive to go and get your face smashed in by pre made half teams and get rewards for showing up, extra rewards for trying, then to get nothing because everyone quits or no one Queue's up.

Annoying childish players always exist and designing a game's quests around to try & thwart those people does nothing but punish everyone else. Just like DRM it doesn't really punish pirates but it punishes in some cases legit purchasers of the game. If they're doing it continuously just write down their name and report them for circumventing the vote system in order to harrass other players.

One time in Alderran I see 3 guys who head to our natural turret immediately and stood there the entire time. Needless to say we lost that game rather badly. These guys responded to chat and said they were defending the whole time. That was before 1.2 so you only get 2 medals out of this so it's not even a really smart thing to do. But for whatever reason 3 guys decided they're going to do everything they can to help the team lose. You're not going to beat those crazy guys no matter what system you have. Best to just cut your losses and move on.

At any rate I think people who claim this is 'bad' are just afraid of people might actually finish their dailys and catch up and overcome their gear advantage. All these alleged 'examples' of poor playing doesn't come close to what I saw people actually did prior to this patch, when there is actually no incentive to lose on purpose. Yet, people still inexplicabliy went through great efforts to ensure your team lost even though they have absolutely nothing to gain. I really thought some of those guys are just spies from the opposite side to give their side a leg up, since I can't think of any reason why you'd join a game of Alderran in progress and then immediately quit while we have all 3 turrets capped.

Conversely, many other people are now playing even when they are losing, because it's no longer a complete waste of time.

Ultimately, some people are just going to try to do things with the minimum ammount of effort, and there's nothing Bioware can do to stop that. I'd consider this update a step forward, at least.

This times infinity.

Maybe you get credit for winning, and if you lose the number of objective points goes towards a win. Maybe 20k objective points or something from losing games will yield you a "win" for the daily. That way it isn't about medal farming or just being in the game....but rather doing things that help your team win.

Maybe you get credit for winning, and if you lose the number of objective points goes towards a win. Maybe 20k objective points or something from losing games will yield you a "win" for the daily. That way it isn't about medal farming or just being in the game....but rather doing things that help your team win.

It's hard to get a large number of medals without having something to do with the objectives. It's certainly far easier to get 8 medals while doing something vaguely related to objectives as opposed to finding a guy in the middle of nowhere and hope you can kill him enough times to get 8 medals.

People who did not give a rats before the change, still do not give a rats.

This change was an attempt to get more people to queue.

I level chars and PvP, please queue for warzones.

see, before those people that didnt care would just leave the wz, allowing someone else who might care to join. Now they dont leave period

see, before those people that didnt care would just leave the wz, allowing someone else who might care to join. Now they dont leave period

Newsflash: 99% of the time you get a revolving door of guys entering/leaving which still ensures you lose the game.

I seriously don't get how people can be complaining about quitters and imbalanced WZ numbers and yet clamor for the days you go for 5 on 8 because sometimes 3 WH geared guys arrive on a white horse to save the day.

I did 3 WZs during my lunch today and didn't see one iota of afking, dancing, quitting. I call bs, unless you are on a PvE server and then it's possible, but who cares in that case.

Why in the hell would I make this **** up? Are you serious...Of course not everyone is doing it but there are people just sitting in warzones doing the minimum not to get kicked just to earn a loss.

Edited by TheLordMaster

Bioware I see what you tried to do by allowing people to lose and still get matches, as this would allow gear challenged people to still get the daily done and the intent is a good thing. But now I kid you not there are scrubs that don't care and just run around throwing out an attack or heal once in a while so they don't get voted out of a match or kicked for being afk. You've now made it so that players don't even have to try to win to get their daily done. :rolleyes:

It needs to change seriously before this ruins pvp... make it they also have to get a certain amount of medals to get credit for the loss or something. I don't know how else you would do it but this new daily is crap. Do we get credit for failing repeatedly on a boss fight? F no...so please come up with another design to still allow people that are getting wrecked to get the daily done w/o letting people just sit back and accept losses.

LOL BEFORE IT RUINS PVP!!!!!!!!!!!!! WHAT PVP my dear?

Yesterday: Very long queue times, very uneven teams most games starting with maybe 5 or 6, most games I did get into match was mid way through and my team was getting slaughtered, players leaving constantly, EVERY MATCH was against the SAME 8 man premade!

Today after patch: Much shorter queue times, games starting even, havent got a match yet that was mid way through when entering, very very few players leaving, and actually getting matched against different teams besides the same premade for the first time in 3 weeks.

So yeah this daily thing is the first good step BW has taken with PvP in some time.

Well I guess I am in the minority here...I don't like getting hand outs for losses. I don't expect to get rewards for not completing stuff. Like I said I can completely understand the frustration of getting steamrolled all night but I still think there needs to be a different solution.

I'd recommend you notify BW as soon as you think of it, but they don't listen to us anyway...

Im not seeing people not trying,been in maybe 10 or so WZ's,just havent seen it yet.

Clearly, sir, you did not get the memo. We're all upset about this. VERY UPSET SIR! How can we talk smack about how awesome we are at pvp and how everyone else are baddies and need to l2p if they have the same gear as us? Why, if everyone had the same gear, it would be down to skill, strategy, etc. And I'm the best at pvp there is sir. My having Warhero gear and you not having warhero gear is proof of that, sir.

ok so what your saying is people getting dominated by pre-mades and that 1/10 warzones will give u a win that one being the one time ur not facing bs pre-maders should have to spends 2/3 days just to get a daily done while the dam premades effectivly terrorize pvp farming EASY wins out of people who actually CAN pvp without the use of premade. on my server (eu hidden bekks) 2 guilds from rep side own pvp. im a powertech tank in full BM gear and just got war hero purple helm today* these 2 guilds full of people that have 1 been accused and seen hacking and 2 seem to have no lifes because pvp matches most of the time pop up with there premades in and losses become a constant thing when they pvp which is pretty much ALLDAY. so why in cases like that should the loosing team that is not a pre made who work hard and sometimes actually perform better during the match get no reward to there daily because premaders like these have no lifes and are on pretty much al day everyday ruining pvp fun for everyone else just for valour ranking up.

for me this change was needed as at least i have a reason to stick around to a no hope warzone. but pvp will slowly die out if premaders dont get there ow queue as manytime now even with todays pvp daily change still instantly leave warzones soon as they see its vs a pre-made. its no fun being dominated by pre-mades who only win coz they use teamspeak or vent or what not and find the loophole to the 4 man only pre made by setting up 2 groups and clicking queue group at same time. why should be be farmed for them to gear or rank up and not get our dailies done aswell???

there are many things hurting pvp in this game atm but the new daily isnt one of them, the problem u listed im sure existed before the change and will always be around coz frankly some people are lazy and will do the bare minimum that isnt a result of this change its jsut who they are max rewards for little effort. i even hope they do this to the weekly and increase how many matches needed for weekly to make it work.

im sorry man but i think ur in the minority with this thinking. and fyi when people do more effort they should get rewards but on my server its the otherway around people who premade for as little effort get all the rewards so this complaint for me hasnt got any merit. and proff of wot im saying is today my whole team all solo queuers against at least one premade and 4 randoms were top of the leaderboard the premaders all bottom half of the leaderboard why, cos they did crap but one because of coordination.winning doesnt make u a good pvper, premades dont make u a good pvper. they are ust 2 things that go together because of voice communication.

Because it isnt fun to pvp with or against people that don't even try. Close pvp matches are fun.

People won't try when they know they're grossly outmatched. If they know they're going to lose anyway, might as well make it unpleasant for the winners too.

Well I guess I am in the minority here...I don't like getting hand outs for losses. I don't expect to get rewards for not completing stuff. Like I said I can completely understand the frustration of getting steamrolled all night but I still think there needs to be a different solution.

You completed the war zone!

See arguments like this kinda fall apart when you release;

1) You are wrong in every walk of life as you are talking about prizes in an argument about wage. Baseball players get paid regardless of winning or losing, then just don't get to win the world series if they lose. PVP rewards are income, not trophies.

2) It's a game. People play games for fun. The reward should therefor, 100%, without question be for showing up and giving it the old collage try.

Edited by lexiekaboom

-1. Personally I find it great that I no longer have to pray that the rest of the team apart from my group of 4 aren't bads. Also a great change for the low pop servers, where getting a queue sounds hard enough let alone getting all your wins.

I think the change would have been more successful using something like medals by taking the average players medals gained and multiplying it by however many games would fit the reward. By doing this it achieves the same goal but requires at least some effort by the player. Using 10 medals as an example and 60 medals as the goal a better player could possibly achieve the daily in 3-4 games (win or lose), average player 6 games and a slacker or newer player 10 games. You also need to finish the game to recieve credit for the medals so leaving games early would not benifit you while sticking out an already started game still would. I cant think of any way this wouldnt be a superior method.

Send on a cell phone sorry about any errors.

this just goes to prove the fact that NO MATTER WHAT PVPers, in general, will whine and complain about anything. Case in point:

"Oh no! Getting less than 3 medals gets me no rewrads in a WZ" which leads to "omg now i only need one medal and its too easy!!! wth are u doing BW"

before it was "losing a wz should count for something BW. FIX THIS NAO!!!"

now

"you made it too easy to get the weekly anhd dailies done!!! WTH RAGE QUIT IM UNSIBBING"

Again, goes to show that no matter what, pvpers, as a whole (at least here on the forums) are a bunch of whiny *** people.

its like if X =/= Y then z where x is what X is what the player wants, Y is what they get then Z is them ************....as a matter of fact that seems to be 95% of the posts on the pvp forum.

X =/= Y then Z <<<<the formula for ************ on a pvp forum

Aren't trying... as opposed to since 1.2 where people were just leaving at the first sign they might lose?

Frankly- I rarely had leavers prior to 1.2- now though since there's no reward for losing, people have gotten into the routine of AFKing, leaving or whatever at the first sign of a loss- including seeing if anyone wasn't in BM gear, or if you had several sorcs, healers or mercs on your team, or if you had no marauders- people just leave cuz it's a guaranteed loss.

Blame BW for ruining the rewards system, for spitting on casuals who make up the majority of players, and for ruining several classes while making others unbeatable- grats to the hardcores, you got what you want- a game that is quickly losing the bads because there's no rewards for the bads anymore, and most classes aren't any fun since you'll just be killed in five seconds by a WH marauder every time- grats on getting what you want, a game that's going to have nothing but AFKers and leavers in pvp.

Good job BW on having a very strong release pvp-wise for balance, and systematically not listening to your PTS and the warnings we gave you- and instead listening to the bads whining about awful classes while talking about nonsensical things- like sorcs with vanish- and making your nerfs based on them.

25% of players gone since 1.2- easily predicted. You're not getting those 25% back until we get rated, world pvp, marauders heavily nerfed, other classes getting substantial buffs, healing being useful again, TTK made much longer, and objective pvp not revolving around needing a 15 second TTK on the entire other team... though, likely, it'll be too little too late, for despite GW2 being absolutely atrocious, it's still going to be the best pvp game on the market on account of every other mmo has released trash. You had a golden chance to beat out WoW through pvp BW- you blew it.

The game will still be profitable, no doubt- I doubt it'll even go under 1 million. It'll never amount to what it could have been.