Server population is dropping...

Miffy

I have waited so long for this game and was so happy upon release, even with all the bugs. Now I despair and am an inch away from cancelling my sub. throwing away 6 months of grinding 5 characters to level 50 along with a few 40+ is the only thing that's stopping me. The last 2 weeks the population on my server has dropped dramatically. Now at peak times there are never more than twenty Lv 50 players in all areas. I can only see this population declining further as more and more players become discontent with this situation.

PLEASE BIOWARE!!! Stop wasting time and resources with trying to create new content such as silly pets and color crystals, rakghoul plagues and flashpoints and get the fundamental basics right first. I and hundreds maybe thousands like me are being neglected as customers, gamers and enthusiasts by EA and their quick quid mentality. And I dont know how long I can take it anymore.

We need server transfer's or merges NOW! You have done it for Asia servers so there is no reason why you cant do it for EU and US.:confused:

Edited by Karabal

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

9.24pm BST Trayus Academy 34 level 50s online Imperial Side, 14 people including me on Imperial Fleet, 91 Imperial players total. 9.33pm BST 6 people including me on Republic Fleet, 23 50s, 51 Republic total online. Goodness knows how bad those numbers will look when server transfers finally get here.

Less than 200 people in total across both factions on my server at 21:00 tonight, canceled sub when BW slapped us in the face saying we can't re-roll and get our mains transfered for free to our re-roll choice once the feature is done.

Not like active player populations would change at that point in time if we re-roll now, they seem to just want us to wait patently for a month or two on our semi dead to dead servers while they make the feature.

Torstatus is reporting a 7% increase in population since the week of patch 1.2 meaning not only are the players that came back for 1.2 staying but they have also added an additional amount of players.

In other words, servers are growing.......rapidly.

If you look closely the 1.2 effect lasted about 10 days then populations were back to pre 1.2 levels.

Five heavy servers worldwide as at the time of this post.

Edited by Sanxxx

Everyone should list the servers they are on that are dead. I am on Shadow Hand and population is listed as "Standard" now but it is dead. PvP, which has never been fixed Pubs barely have 5-6 players now and before we were just barely making 7. Even with 1.2 Pub fleet is a ghost town. I have been so hoping that Bioware was to fix the issues and bring people back in the fold but I see everyone is flooding to Fathand. Very dissapointing with the results and will cancel sub in 30 days if there is no improvement. Too many folks leaving now and with Diablo launching in a few weeks all 'Satndard' population servers will dry up completely. Bioware should definelty start trransferring free to more populated servers as that is the right thing to do at this point.

Everyone should list the servers they are on that are dead. I am on Shadow Hand and population is listed as "Standard" now but it is dead. PvP, which has never been fixed Pubs barely have 5-6 players now and before we were just barely making 7. Even with 1.2 Pub fleet is a ghost town. I have been so hoping that Bioware was to fix the issues and bring people back in the fold but I see everyone is flooding to Fathand. Very dissapointing with the results and will cancel sub in 30 days if there is no improvement. Too many folks leaving now and with Diablo launching in a few weeks all 'Satndard' population servers will dry up completely. Bioware should definelty start trransferring free to more populated servers as that is the right thing to do at this point.

I agree. Maybe Titan when it comes out the starcraft mmo blizzard may be working on will be something good for us all hasnt been a keeper in long time, even gw2 might not be all it was advertised to be. I think ill go play diablo 3 for a few months till mop is out.

If you look closely the 1.2 effect lasted about 10 days then populations were back to pre 1.2 levels.

Five heavy servers worldwide as at the time of this post.

It was so funny for people to talk about how severs are back in effect 10 days ago and now its back to pre 1.2 levels. The game is slowly dying due to incompetence and general lack of planning by Bioware for the game's long term future. This contraction should have been planned for since they dated launch. Now they are bumbling through it all like first year programers who just discovered that bug reports still require you to fix said bugs.

An early sign of losing a debate is resorting to name calling.

Thinking the internet forum is a debate club causes you to lose THE GAME. Now good day sir, and take any inkling you had of a civil society that takes other's opinions into consideration post-debate with you.

Oh boy. My server was very slow today.

One of our main players whos been with us since the start quit, just this afternoon. He came by the guild bank, gave all his credits and items and said his good byes. It was sad. I just logged on to check the broken GTN, and I was the only person online in my guild. Wow.

Currently we have about 152 toons in the guild, with about 100 of them being active in the last week. I've removed about 50-65 toons from the guild for not logging on for over 60 days.

This is a cool game, but the end game is simply not there. Grind PVP? Eh. I grinded my original PVP gear out, and now if I want to, i can grind out gear thats really not that much better, that looks like a SCUBA divers setup and will take about 200 games worth of valor and comms just to break into. I don't think so. How much can a person be expected to play the same 4 WZ's over and over and over?

My interest in this game is sadly starting to slip. My server, which is at Standard, feels like its empty. There is very little sense of community in game. I don't really feel like im in a Star Wars universe. It stinks. I love Star Wars, and I wanted to love this game, but there is simply not enough content to keep me interested. My 6 month sub just resubbed, so thats the last batch of money that BW will get from me unless things change to keep me interested.

Edited by -Dench

Doesnt every MMO merge servers after awhile because everyone screams bloody murder so they open more servers to shut everyone up, then later find there are too many servers because everyone screamed bloody murder on launch?

I dunno. I've read the continual posts and the back and forth about the same things, the same numbers, etc. I personally thing the big issue here is that in the end, people get bored quickly and have short attention spans. I agree with a lot of folk on a great many things on both sides of the table but in the end, it is what it is. My firm belief is that ultimately, the people that moved here after WoW (or any other MMO) left that MMO because of this or that reason to come here. Then they will leave here to go to another MMO for this or that reason and will too leave that one for this or that reason and so on.

I cannot help but wonder at the beginning days of WoW if people griped about how it wouldn't last and years later, we're hearing the same thing today, just from different people.

As for me, I'll enjoy the game until it closes or I lose interest and go elsewhere. I just don't get why so many are spending so much energy and emotion trying to convince people who cannot (or will not) be convinced of their point of view.

Then again, that's just me.

But its true with Guild Wars 2 Diablo III and also Tera online looming over the horizon SWTOR is in serious trouble, posters here may say it a million times over and over again but the fact remains that its true.

opinion <> fact

Just continuing the thread. Please merge the servers. An average of less than 30 people on the fleet everday is getting old. There's been a couple times where I logged in and was the only person on the fleet. If I wasn't in a guild that wasn't still doing something I'd have left already. I want to keep playing the game so merge the servers so it will feel like a MMO.

Wnet back to aoc after not trying it for 2 years. Its easier to get a group there with its dwindling populatio. That game is very fun but not casual friendly brutal combat and good times. At least they dont rely on enrage timers for every fight

There hasn't been a drop in subs. There has been a drop in concurrent players.

Oh there will be a drop in subs, people are getting impatient now, dont get me wrong the game is great its just not good right now, the 1.2 patch all that content shouldve been added at launch. I will probably plan on taking a break until something big happens in swtor.

My fellow citizens, there is no basis to these rumours of an alien attack, the missile silos are perfectly safe.....

My fellow subscribers, there is no basis to these rumours of low population servers, the game is perfectly fine.....

Funny how there are people in real life who fall for such simpleton propaganda, when all they have to do is look around themselves and use thier eyes, and not listen to the machine distorting reality....

Which is still a severe lack of players on a server at any given point of time during the day.

Servers need to be merged because free transfers will just cause more of a sense of being disconnected from the crowd to the individual. The communities that have been built on the low//standard population servers should be kept intact while bolstering the number of players to play with.

Also, was there any definite answer on the AMOUNT of characters you were able to transfer for free? I have 5 50's...If I were to get a free transfer only for 1 of them, I'd probably stop playing all together.

Oh yes there have been drop on subs, and urs truly is one of them, just playing out my free 30 days and im out of here though it wont take that long coz we barely have two weeks left until may 15

Edited by celebrei

Keep the faith forum faithful, keep it strong and never forget no matter how dead the servers are how you were right. No matter how many people leave, there hasn't been a drop and even when there are only 10 servers left it isn't the people that left, it's just the concurrent players that are down.

My interest in this game is sadly starting to slip. My server, which is at Standard, feels like its empty. There is very little sense of community in game. I don't really feel like im in a Star Wars universe. It stinks. I love Star Wars, and I wanted to love this game, but there is simply not enough content to keep me interested. My 6 month sub just resubbed, so thats the last batch of money that BW will get from me unless things change to keep me interested.

This is exactly how I feel. Except my server is 100% light, we seldom have more then 300 imperials TOTAL - over all levels - on concurrently.

Noticing the same things. The hours that warzones pop are getting narrower and narrower, the number of warzones running at any given time are now a fraction of what used to be, guilds have been recruiting since launch to try to maintain a raid force and other guilds merging to be able to pve as well.

EA setting new records in failing mmo's, and I thought warhammer was bad. As a non biochem it's not even worth using a stim for pvp anymore, there aren't enough warzone pops to even pay for it. I'm here until I have to log in and wait 30-40 min to play then I'm gone, at this rate that will be before the free month is up.