SWTOR players average 4-6 hours per session

zrinking

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yea, I play for about that long because after the kids go to bed I have about 4 hours till my bed time.

It would be interesting to know how long people play depending on the time of day.

When my Internet wasn't cutting out every couple minutes, and I wasn't rebooting my machine because Alderaan and Balmorra spaceports were hanging the poor thing constantly ... a few hours depending on if I worked or not.

24th is here. You ready to resub?

I am ready to resub. The only problem is the game is still the same so I wont.

Just think march is coming fast. I wonder how you people will feel when 1.2 isnt what you though it was going to be and if you will still wait another 3 months for what 1.2 was suppost to give the game.

Most games have the carrot on the stick in game. SWTOR has it in patch releases instead of the game :eek:

Nope its just more proof that SWTOR is failing. Bioware sees the forums and are just feeding you guys so you would make posts like these and now since there are not many haters left you will think everything is fine.

Your concept of proof is...interesting, and by interesting I mean outside the bounds of reality. ;)

No matter how much you or anyone else might wish it otherwise, forum-goers are a minority, a small percentage of a game's overall player-base.

Your concept of proof is...interesting, and by interesting I mean outside the bounds of reality. ;)

No matter how much you or anyone else might wish it otherwise, forum-goers are a minority, a small percentage of a game's overall player-base.

Well it looks as if Bioware thinks otherwise

"The other thing that's really funny is you can tell when things are going really well in the game because the amount of forum chatter drops. People don't go to forums. They just play."

Edited by Emeda

I'm logged in way longer than that...lol.

I keep it open as I do other things like work, watching netflix, eating, etc.

(dual monitors ftw)

I come back occasionally to re-direct Companions to craft , etc.

so ya..... lots longer. but probably only 75% or less of it is playing.

Edited by ArtMonster

Well it looks as if Bioware thinks otherwise

"The other thing that's really funny is you can tell when things are going really well in the game because the amount of forum chatter drops. People don't go to forums. They just play."

That's your interpretation of that paragraph, taken outside the context of the entire statement? lol you really are trying way too hard. :rolleyes:

Yea, I play for about that long because after the kids go to bed I have about 4 hours till my bed time.

It would be interesting to know how long people play depending on the time of day.

Haha, this is me exactly. I play from 9 to 12 every night once the kids are in the bed :)

I play about 90 minutes a session.

i don't think haters will go nuts. This doesn't change the fact that the game is mediocre. Many of the hours contributing to the average are a) people trying to find 5 armaments among 30 players b) people trying to get 3 wins for the day in WZs c) people trying to find a group for...anything.

I'd like to qualify those data with the tasks being performed in that time. I'm sure it would paint a much sadder picture.

No one at end game is saying "just one more quest". There's nothing to do.

That fits my average session about right with longer sessions on the weekend unless I got some other activity going on.

Having a blast with this game. I actually already have two toons to L50 and another almost there.

In past MMOs I would just get one toon to max cap and PvP and would never consider going through the grind again. With SWTOR it doesn't feel grindy at all and the class and companion storylines have me hooked into trying them all. Exploring the worlds has been fun and the space combat is just icing on the top.

Edit: He also makes a great point that these forums have very light traffic in light of the number of players.

Even the most popular threads barely register a fraction of the player base and most of those have repeat posts/views by a single user.

The huge vast majority of players are in the game and don't bother with the forums and that says a lot about the game.

Edited by Hellapain

Are you playing TOR on an Atari Potato?

LOL... Atari Potato is officially my favorite term of the day.

____

For my two cents, I do play in bursts of several hours at a time. Some days I won't play at all, yesterday I played way too many hours at once.

And I'm not waiting for groups, or waiting on load screens, that was just questing around Alderaan doing PVE.

This game has a lot more going for it than what many forum posters give it as credit, IMHO.

Edited by Kubernetic