SWTOR players average 4-6 hours per session

zrinking

An average play time doesn't mean that the entire time is spent leveling like a madman. I spent about 30 minutes last night explaining to a guild mate how House M.D. is a more enjoyable show when House is on Vicodin...

Not every waking minute is spent leveling.

Completely understand, and agreed. I mean I myself spend hours and hours just sitting in Dromund Kass reading chat and think about the "good ol' days" of Barrens chat.

What I am trying to understand is that, of MILLIONS (okay 1.7 give or take few hundred thousands) of people, who on AVERAGE plays 4 - 6 hrs per play session, very small percentage have achieved a level of 50.

a feat which I am not bragging but myself have also managed to achieve!

Maybe this means I am just very naturally gifted at leveling!

Time to update my facebook status!

I deserve a fan club.

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If that was what you were doing then why not say that you were doing stuff on the GTN instead of mentioning something that had nothing to do with the game.

I didn't think I would get grilled about what I was doing, every detail, every nuance. :rolleyes: Should have know you would need to know though.

Also, right now I am eating my lunch I skipped a few hours ago. Just thought you might need to know that for later.

This 4-6 hours was stated by Greg Zeschuk in mid January.

This is old news.

Todays figures would be much different. And I'm sure I am not the only one who logs on... then goes.... "there is nothing to do" then log off within 1 minute.

No i think he just made those comments this week. So he is saying that players now log on and play for 4-6 hours at a time.

He had concrete proof of this but didnt feel like sharing any of it,

I didn't think I would get grilled about what I was doing, every detail, every nuance. :rolleyes: Should have know you would need to know though.

Also, right now I am eating my lunch I skipped a few hours ago. Just thought you might need to know that for later.

lunch? what made you skip lunch? To busy at work surfing the forums I guess that you had to make up for it during lunch

What I am trying to understand is that, of MILLIONS (okay 1.7 give or take few hundred thousands) of people, who on AVERAGE plays 4 - 6 hrs per play session, very small percentage have achieved a level of 50..

Well... to be fair... I know a few folks who are just terrible at leveling their characters. A real life friend of mine who came from City of Heroes can't level a character in TOR to save his life. Seriously, a drunken chimp has a better chance of driving a semi correctly than he does getting to 50.

lunch? what made you skip lunch? To busy at work surfing the forums I guess that you had to make up for it during lunch

Haha, not quite, I won't go over what I do at work but it required me to skip my lunch. Surfing the internet wasn't involved.

But anyway, speaking of work, I'm leaving.

Bye for good this time Emeda. Hope to see you back one day.

Edited by Thaltom

No i think he just made those comments this week. So he is saying that players now log on and play for 4-6 hours at a time.

He had concrete proof of this but didnt feel like sharing any of it,

I find that hard to believe since I pretty much read this over a month ago.

I find that hard to believe since I pretty much read this over a month ago.

Hrm, the article is stamped "Feb 24, 2012 10:00 AM".

Maybe author wrote the article based on old interview he had.

He doesn't make it clear from the article itself tho', so hard to say.

I think the original interview is from

http://kotaku.com/5887987/star-wars-the-old-republic-players-average-at-least-four-hours-per-session-love-sundays

What I find most interesting is that considering average time played per session is 4 - 6 hrs AND he stated "...Zeschuk said that a "small percentage" of players have reached the game's level cap (50), but that "these guys still play a lot..."

what is definition of "small percentage"? cause 4-6 hrs a day, 6 weeks since launch? I am having hard time understanding how not everyone is 50 already.

Because it is 4-6 hours a SESSION not 4-6 hours PER DAY.

Please go QQ somewhere else, facts are, the telemetry data is true, and in fact, when I play, it is much more than 4-6 hours.

You can go cry on your loading screens, people love this game, are looking forward to the updates, and will keep on playing. I feel for you haters, you will never find a game you love, you will never be satisfied. You are always going to be looking for the 'next big thing'. Good luck finding it. It won't be GW2, it won't be 'The Secret World', it won't be any game you are super hyped for. All of these will fail in your hyper critical eyes.

So here is a little peice of advice, get over yourself, you are not a programming god, you are not a professional game critic, you are simply a consumer. If you don't like a game, don't pay for it, don't subscribe to it, move on and get over it.

That was a well thought out and detailed post directed at someone who was being sarcastic and is a consistent supporter of the game.

Nice soapbox, though. Too bad it was used on someone that didn't need it. Here's your cookie, child.

Diatribe fail, Etapi.

Edited by IIII-IIII-IIII

Well... to be fair... I know a few folks who are just terrible at leveling their characters. A real life friend of mine who came from City of Heroes can't level a character in TOR to save his life. Seriously, a drunken chimp has a better chance of driving a semi correctly than he does getting to 50.

This is interesting. I played City of Heroes off and on for 3+ years. I have zero problem leveling in TOR.

Is your friend having problems actually talking to quest givers? Realizing quests are more than "beat on stuff till it's dead"? I know COH/COV has a great "random quest" issuing mechanism with the newspaper/police scanner functionality, but unless your friend did nothing but street sweep I'd be curious why he's having the problems.

Sounds like they're better suited for the Atari Potato, eh?

Edited by IIII-IIII-IIII

what is definition of "small percentage"? cause 4-6 hrs a day, 6 weeks since launch? I am having hard time understanding how not everyone is 50 already.

I just hit 50lvl tonight after 2 months. Not even done with my class story yet. I'll probably take another 2 months for my next alt...and I have a third alt I'm working on as well. This puts me well into summer.

Plenty of content to go around.

I just hit 50lvl tonight after 2 months. Not even done with my class story yet. I'll probably take another 2 months for my next alt...and I have a third alt I'm working on as well. This puts me well into summer.

Plenty of content to go around.

I'm still 45, still on Hoth. Been subscribed since day one of Early Access - maybe I'm a bit slower than most, but that suits me fine. I still have much to do.

I definitely agree with this. I have a friend who's played EQ2 since the beginning and now she's playing TOR. She didn't want to stop last night. I was on until 1AM and had to go to sleep. But I got online at 5AM. So yes, it does have that feeling. Just one more quest, one more datacron.

"The other thing that's really funny is you can tell when things are going really well in the game because the amount of forum chatter drops. People don't go to forums. They just play."

I like that quote.

Every now and then while I'm eating or cleaning or whatever, I'll open up a firefox tab and watch some people streaming as they play SWTOR pvp. Then when im done, I watch them for a little while longer. . .but get the 'itch' to go play instead of just watching! XD

THE REASON FORUM CHATTER IS STARTING TO BECOME QUIET IS BECAUSE PLAYERS ARE UNSUBBING AND LEAVING IN DROVES.

Logic much?

And it will become a lot more quiet in the weeks/months ahead.

Troll much?

When it gets quiet does that mean you wont be posting on the forums anymore? I sure hope so :p

Edited by FourTwent