No valentine event and nobody complaining???

alhatza

The Sith think of love as a weakness or nothing more than sexual. The Jedi think love leads you away from a pieceful mindset and leads to passion (which "is a lie") and is therefore bad. Conclusion: love in Star Wars is evil and not only not to be celebrated but to be crushed like a bug.

Oh and I think they're fixing broken stuff before adding even more new stuff than they already do.

Edited by Katzith

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

At least we had something to discuss, but i find the lack of event as perturbing as the lack of rage...

Prepare to be perturbed a lot over the coming year. Earth-religion-based holidays have no place in the Star Wars universe, and Bioware has said they won't be doing them.

They aren't doing any traditional holiday events. If they do any events they will be within cannon.
Which piece of of artillery that uses gunpowder or other usually explosive-based propellents to launch a projectile will those events be in? Isn't that awfully dangerous?

Well, is not like i really care for a valentine event, but seasonals events are something i actually enjoyed on other mmorpgs, so i was just thinking if this is going to mean that Bioware do not have plan for any "especial" events ir is just that they were to lazy for this time

I was hoping to exchange Valentines Day cards with Darth Malgus.

pft, this game fails.

/sarcasm off

They said there would be no real world events in-game.

Bioware is a company out to make a profit, if they at some point in the future think it'll draw people in, or keep current people playing, they'll fold fast on the issue. I couldn't care less about these events myself, just saying, they'll do it if it comes down to it, just like swg where they said jedi would be "rare and powerful"

There is no Valentine's Day in a galaxy far, far away

Go one step further .... There is no Hallmark in a galaxy far far away :)

If it takes Valentines Day to show your significant other you love them .... then your doing it wrong.

Personally I'm glad they don't exist in game. SWG's holiday stuff was better than WoW's in my personal opinion (and we all know what they say about that).

Bioware already stated that they will not be putting any traditional holidays, themes or cultural references in TOR as it will break immersion. I personally agree with this because too many games are "selling out" to this sort of thing. WoW has way too many of these damn holidays and it is nothing exciting.

I agree with the immersion part but then again, it would be nice to have some events that tie into the lore of the game and are a fun side activity. Personally, I enjoyed the events in games like LoTR and WoW. LoTR was especially good because they kept it Middle Earthy. WoW's were fun too but a bit more lighthearted.

SWTOR seems so............well serious. I guess that they would be always fighting one another. It is a grim, grim world.

Valantines were Christian Martyers originally, and I think as a multi-cultural game it does not start celebrating religious events from planets that they dont know about.

Also since most of these events have become commercial nightmares then the game should not panda to them

I agree with the immersion part but then again, it would be nice to have some events that tie into the lore of the game and are a fun side activity. Personally, I enjoyed the events in games like LoTR and WoW. LoTR was especially good because they kept it Middle Earthy. WoW's were fun too but a bit more lighthearted.

SWTOR seems so............well serious. I guess that they would be always fighting one another. It is a grim, grim world.

Yes, they could have special days, most culture does, but it could be based upon lore

that sort of thing works for WoW with it's Discworld style of borrowing from IRL, I would not like to see it here.

Some interesting and on topic world/galaxy events in the future would be most welcome though.

Edited by EssBen

Well, is not like i really care for a valentine event, but seasonals events are something i actually enjoyed on other mmorpgs, so i was just thinking if this is going to mean that Bioware do not have plan for any "especial" events ir is just that they were to lazy for this time

Dev events? Interaction to make for a robust MMO community?

Those days are gone.

It's the day of the gimme gimme gimme's and the gotta have gotta have gotta have's.

There is no time for community or events. The only goal here is to keep subs.

They aren't doing any traditional holiday events. If they do any events they will be within cannon.

But it's not for MMO immersion sake. You do get that right?

It's to keep you as isolated from the community as possible and keep you in their story. It's so that you can be immersed in their SPORPG.

Bioware is a company out to make a profit, if they at some point in the future think it'll draw people in, or keep current people playing, they'll fold fast on the issue. I couldn't care less about these events myself, just saying, they'll do it if it comes down to it, just like swg where they said jedi would be "rare and powerful"

Only thing one might see is Life Day or some era related event/holiday and who knows, maybe maybe wedding spectacle.

But it's not for MMO immersion sake. You do get that right?

It's to keep you as isolated from the community as possible and keep you in their story. It's so that you can be immersed in their SPORPG.

This is true, it's a bit hard to do yearly/monthly events, when planets are intended frozen in a moments time (quite literally).

Is this a joke or for real?

Because I am sure that V Day was all about Star Wars...

Because this is NOT WoW.... which pretends to be LORE driven with Pandas and V day options but lets be real.

Thank you BW For not adding some holiday in that is not even remotely Star Wars driven.

////// I sometimes wonder...