No valentine event and nobody complaining???

alhatza

If they don't make an event: What the heck BioWare? You guys are so lazy, other mmo's have so many events, proves this game is bad! /unsub

If they do make the event: What the heck BioWare? I thought I bought a real Star Wars game! Valentines day, honestly? You guys spend your development on this crap while bugs aren't getting fixed? /unsub

The best way to play the game and actually enjoy it is to not care about dumb little events, only come to the forums to discuss the game, or report bugs and wrong things. Or not play at all.

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, is not like i really care for a valentine event, but seasonals events are something i actually enjoyed on other mmorpgs, so i was just thinking if this is going to mean that Bioware do not have plan for any "especial" events ir is just that they were to lazy for this time

I dont rly care about valentine , im happy they are spending their time doing actually changes that will last , over for some fluff stuff.

I would prefer that this game didn't add any non-canon events. It would totally break immersion. I don't care about immersion in other MMO's- I skip reading quests, listen to music, etc. I enjoy them in other games. But in this one, it would just kill the idea of a serious Star Wars world.

Does no one remember the Star Wars X-Mas special, and what a great piece of fiction that was?

they add subs.

we will probably get some star wars canon holidays after they fix the majority of bugs.

How exactly?

I can't imagine someone coming saying "Hmm, I do like Star Wars and I do want to try an mmo, but something is missing. Wait! Valentine's Day celebrations? Ok im in!".

And it definitely won't bring people from other Mmo's in, their games are probably rife with tacky celebrations that serve no purpose but to make cities look ugly.

Edited by TheLonelyTusken

Does no one remember the Star Wars X-Mas special, and what a great piece of fiction that was?

I've only just recovered from the childhood trauma of watching that.

The only event I would like to see is Wookiee Life Day. Nothing from our galaxy though, lets keep everything separate.

IMO... valentine's, xmas etc... is not necessary. 1 year of the game itself and in-game events, to do things like Remember the Jedi Masters, or Honoring Fallen Sith Lords, Coruscant Freedom Event, etc. etc. etc. would be great to have to give the game more community. It also gives a reason to travel back to lower worlds, areas you might not regularly visit. But Valentines, Thanksgiving, etc. is not really part of Star Wars. In that other big MMO, the only holiday I truly enjoy is Hallow's Eve, but at least they build community.

I am rather happy that there is no translation of real life events into the game. For a game like this it would break the immersion really. Next day we will have people demanding a trip to Hoth so they could fight an instanced version of the Darth Claus and rob his shiny red-painted security chest and then everyone is proudly presenting his lightsabers with jingling bells on it. Very awful prospect.

Amen to that.

IMO... valentine's, xmas etc... is not necessary. 1 year of the game itself and in-game events, to do things like Remember the Jedi Masters, or Honoring Fallen Sith Lords, Coruscant Freedom Event, etc. etc. etc. would be great to have to give the game more community. It also gives a reason to travel back to lower worlds, areas you might not regularly visit. But Valentines, Thanksgiving, etc. is not really part of Star Wars. In that other big MMO, the only holiday I truly enjoy is Hallow's Eve, but at least they build community.

Actually you apparently never saw the star wars christmas special..

Well, is not like i really care for a valentine event, but seasonals events are something i actually enjoyed on other mmorpgs, so i was just thinking if this is going to mean that Bioware do not have plan for any "especial" events ir is just that they were to lazy for this time

I don't think other MMOs did these sort of events in the first few months after release.