No valentine event and nobody complaining???

alhatza

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Bioware already stated that they will not be putting any traditional holidays, themes or cultural references in TOR as it will break immersion. I personally agree with this because too many games are "selling out" to this sort of thing. WoW has way too many of these damn holidays and it is nothing exciting.

To each his own, but I always enjoyed the atmosphere of the holiday events in WoW. Goldshire at Haloween was awesome. Brewfest is another I always enjoyed, and I'm a sucker for Christmas decorations, so I really liked Ironforge around that time. It gave me something to log on for other than PVP'ing and raiding. I guess the fleet would look pretty dumb decorated. Honestly, I think it's a pretty lame central hub for players to hang out in anyways. There's no atmosphere. No NPC's walking around talking to one another. It's a giant shopping mall full of zombie NPCs. :confused:

Oh, this is rich. I can see it now...

No valentine's event: "ZOMG NO VALENTINE'S EVENT? WHY IS NOBODY THREATENING TO RAGEQUIT OVER THIS????!!!!???? BW HAZ TEH LAZY!!!!"

Valentine's event: "ZOMG WHAT A FARCE...THE GAME IS TEH BROKENZ AND HAZ MORE BUGGIES THAN TEH RAINFOREST AND THEY'RE SPENDING ALL THEIR TIMES ON CHEESY HOLIDAI MESS!!!?!?!?!?!?!?!"

:D perfect

Well, is not like i really care for a valentine event, but seasonals events are something i actually enjoyed on other mmorpgs, so i was just thinking if this is going to mean that Bioware do not have plan for any "especial" events ir is just that they were to lazy for this time

Per Mr. Griffen:

Bioware already stated that they will not be putting any traditional holidays, themes or cultural references in TOR as it will break immersion. I personally agree with this because too many games are "selling out" to this sort of thing. WoW has way too many of these damn holidays and it is nothing exciting.

We have Star Trek Transporter abilities evey 1/2 hour...

We can fly a Star Ship...but have to learn how to ride a Speeder.

Immersion? It went flying out the door 2 hours after I started playing. Personally, I like to short term distractions from the daily Grind. Just another reason for me to not want to play the game for much longer.

It dosnt have to be Valentines Day, but, Universal Hug an Alien Day/Kill an Alien Day(depending on what side you are on).

I hope BW never adds holiday events to TOR. The day Christmas trees appear around the Imperial Fleet is the day I leave the game.

^This

I didn't mind it at first in other MMO's, but when my Completionist OCD attitude kicks in, it makes the "fun holidays" a freaking nightmare. 5 years playing WoW and I always manage to miss at least one piece of holiday gear, so aggravating.

Well, is not like i really care for a valentine event, but seasonals events are something i actually enjoyed on other mmorpgs, so i was just thinking if this is going to mean that Bioware do not have plan for any "especial" events ir is just that they were to lazy for this time

For you, the 14th was Valentine's day.

For me, it was Tuesday.

It fades to black and says "A shuttle has been summoned". Of course, it makes less sense when you're indoors, but as I play a trooper, I prefer to imagine that Havoc Squad sent a combat shuttle and just blew a hole in the wall to extract me.

It fades to black and says "A shuttle has been summoned". Of course, it makes less sense when you're indoors, but as I play a trooper, I prefer to imagine that Havoc Squad sent a combat shuttle and just blew a hole in the wall to extract me.

It even has the blue bars of light going up and down like the ST transporters...

It even has the blue bars of light going up and down like the ST transporters...

That always looked more like a static "I'm here" beacon being activated than the actual transportation. Especially with the sound effect of a shuttle flying in.

We can fly a Star Ship...but have to learn how to ride a Speeder.

Immersion? It went flying out the door 2 hours after I started playing. Personally, I like to short term distractions from the daily Grind. Just another reason for me to not want to play the game for much longer.

It dosnt have to be Valentines Day, but, Universal Hug an Alien Day/Kill an Alien Day(depending on what side you are on).

You don't fly your start ship, your ship droid does. You use the fleet pass to call someone to pick you up, they just skip putting in a cutscene showing the flight from the fleet to pick you up and bring you back as it is meant to speed things up.

If you have a lack of immersion, you have a lack of imagination. BW can not supply you with one, nor should you expect them to do so.

That always looked more like a static "I'm here" beacon being activated than the actual transportation. Especially with the sound effect of a shuttle flying in.

If it were actually a Shuttle picking you up, it would have a loading screen to enter the Shuttle, then you run through the Shuttle(just like your ship) to click the option to go to a Orbital Station(loading screen), then you run through the Station to get to an Elevator(another loading screen) which takes you to another shuttle(another loading screen) to take you to the spot your originally chose to go to.

Oh, add a Cutscene showing the Shuttle arriving...

Edited by Kunra

If it were actually a Shuttle picking you up, it would have a loading screen to enter the Shuttle, then you run through the Shuttle(just like your ship) to click the option to go to a Orbital Station(loading screen), then you run through the Station to get to an Elevator(another loading screen) which takes you to another shuttle(another loading screen) to take you to the spot your originally chose to go to.

Oh, add a Cutscene showing the Shuttle arriving...

The shuttle doesn't actually leave the planets atmosphere, it's taking you to another on planet location. The difficulty in animating a shuttle coming to pick you up from every single location on the planet isn't feasable, as well as impractical for the inside examples, but the fact is, an instant travel of some sort is considered required in an MMO. If they didn't have it, people would complain about having to walk even more than they already do (Taris anyone?). The point of quick travel is to be instant. If you want immersion, take a speeder ride everywhere, they animated that.