No valentine event and nobody complaining???

alhatza

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

How exactly?

I can't imagine someone coming saying "Hmm, I do like Star Wars and I do want to try an mmo, but something is missing. Wait! Valentine's Day celebrations? Ok im in!".

And it definitely won't bring people from other Mmo's in, their games are probably rife with tacky celebrations that serve no purpose but to make cities look ugly.

it migth re-lit the spark for someone to keep the sub running cuz events gets you away from the "same every day"

Well, is not like i really care for a valentine event, but seasonals events are something i actually enjoyed on other mmorpgs, so i was just thinking if this is going to mean that Bioware do not have plan for any "especial" events ir is just that they were to lazy for this time

I would complain if there was a Valentines theme.

i find it very refreshing that the denizens of the star wars universe don't suddenly celebrate the holidays we celebrate irl.

i imagine there will be some types of seasonal events, just because they dont correspond with ours doesnt mean they arent going happen.

Edited by Tiek

Something liek that *might* be cool and all, but I really dont see that working out too well with the way the game is styled. I think people are too use to and spoiled by the in game events like in WoW and Rift..

I would much rather have BW put thier full abilites to fix all the current things that are bugged / broken and unbalanced in the game befor taking the nxt step up to see holiday events.

i find it very refreshing that the denizens of the star wars universe don't suddenly celebrate the holidays we celebrate irl.

i imagine there will be some types of seasonal events, just because they dont correspond with ours doesnt mean they arent going happen.

Yeah, how refreshing.

Nothing happens.

Very refreshing indeed.

Yeah, how refreshing.

Nothing happens.

Very refreshing indeed.

so you think suddenly out of no where valentines day should be decreed a galactic holiday?

i guess that'd be ok, though hopefully they could just take our holidays and rename them with goofy names because that's never been done before.

oh, and yes, i do find it refreshing that nothing happened in tor on valentines day.

Edited by Tiek

I enjoy the holidays on WoW, but I don't feel like ToR has to do the same thing. Having to add all the assets for extra quests and decorations would take up too much time that they could spend working on other stuff.

If anything, people should NOT play tor on valentine's day >_>

We don't all have/want a ball and chain to take up all our time/money.

Edited by Boreus

Well, is not like i really care for a valentine event, but seasonals events are something i actually enjoyed on other mmorpgs, so i was just thinking if this is going to mean that Bioware do not have plan for any "especial" events ir is just that they were to lazy for this time

You're contradicting yourself there:

You call something an mmoRPG and at the same time say they have in-game representations of real life holidays and seasonal events, like Valentines day? Scratch that RPG from that statement please, unless they were modern earth based mmorpg's, which I strongly doubt.

I don't care if you get a my-little-pony mount in some other MMO. But SW:TOR is an MMORPG. Real life events or references have no place in an actual MMORPG.

You're contradicting yourself there:

You call something an mmoRPG and at the same time say they have in-game representations of real life holidays and seasonal events, like Valentines day? Scratch that RPG from that statement please, unless they were modern earth based mmorpg's, which I strongly doubt.

I don't care if you get a my-little-pony mount in some other MMO. But SW:TOR is an MMORPG. Real life events or references have no place in an actual MMORPG.

The Star Wars Holiday Special

Run, run quickly before it sees you! :D

Actually you apparently never saw the star wars christmas special..

You didn't see it in its original broadcast then, since the Life Day thing you're referring to was a Thanksgiving celebration.

In addition to that, it was a Wookiee tradition, and we don't have many Wookiees in this game, do we?

The Star Wars crew actually had to travel to Kashyyyk to celebrate it as well, which would be kind of complicated in SW:TOR, since, guess what? There's no Kashyyyk to travel to!

On top of that, do you REALLY think the Empire would allow any of its planets to be dressed up to celebrate some tradition of a filthy low race like the Wookiees. They're more prone to send out extra security personal to make sure nobody dares celebrate it in any way!

And there's plenty of people on the Republic side as well who'd torch about anyone seen celebrating some low life alien species holiday.

I'd seriously expect something way better for events in SWoTOR:

-Species related. Which might even mean that not all playercharacters get to play some event at the same time, one week the Twi 'lek players might get an event, a month later it could be the Human players.

-Localized. With each planet having it's own set of celebrations and holidays.

-Not breaking the fourth wall. Which basically means it wouldn't be referencing any real life holidays. So the context of a game holiday wouldn't coincidentaly be similar to some rl holiday which takes place around the same time.

We can say that these type of events dont have any sense on Star Wars games. I expect events, but not Valentine's or Christmas events.

Hell, how can be a Christmas event? What do you want? a wookie with white beard and with horrible red clothes? No please. In Star Wars there Valentine's Day doesnt exist, so we can skip it.

Edited by Shaligal

What are you expecting exactly ? Sith warriors offering red roses to jedi ladies ? Ships repainted in pink , with red hearts ? A whole day of peace : all pvp fights suspended ?

It's very good that there is no such event in game . First, the real-life event is just a massive marketing campaign (let's raise sales for romantic dinners , romantic trips and gifts). Secondly , i don't need a unique day to remember my feelings about the loved one. Thirdly, such an event wouldn't fit well into the StarWars world.

It fades to black and says "A shuttle has been summoned". Of course, it makes less sense when you're indoors, but as I play a trooper, I prefer to imagine that Havoc Squad sent a combat shuttle and just blew a hole in the wall to extract me.

What really breaks the immersion for me: Playing a lowbie on Coruscant on one side of the underground Senate building, and QT-ing to the cantina on the other side because it's faster than "sprinting".

That shuttle picked me up from twenty meters underground, hauled me fifty meters sideways, then dropped me off twenty meters underground. (And required two load screens to do it, of course, but that's another whinge.)

I can not even imagine the moans about including this before having bugs fixed and more endgame content.

not to mention that valentine´s day would suck a-hass!

Lots of other games had events for that, I am happy myself that this does not.

Unless there would be a very good explenation why this fits in the Star Wars universe :rod_eyes_g:

Blasterface day, not Valentine's day.

It's a cynical galaxy. Sick of your significant other? Blasterface day's the day to put a bolt between his, her or its eyes.

Tired of your kids? Blasterface day.

Sick of your goldfish-like creature in a bowl of overpriced water from some planet you can't pronounce the name of? Blasterface day.

Sick of your holonet display? Time to settle the score once and for all: Blasterface day.

\o/