No valentine event and nobody complaining???

alhatza

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Putting US Holidays in SWTOR could get real stupid real quickly... I mean what next? The Darth that stole Christmas?

What did you want for VD? Go around the fleet and spray perfume while little hearts float around? Give a gift card to a guard? Cure 50 broken hearts? All seems very un-Star Warsish.

I'm all for events- JUST Star Wars events please... Maybe something similar to City of Heroes Rikti invasions. Or events that lead us into new content rewarding fluff items. Fluff items like a baby Wookie- not Santa hats.

And I wanted to shower that Zabrak Sith Warrior with rose petals!!!! :(

...not really.

Next thing people would want is a little green troll with white beard handing out presents or hopping after Womprats to collect brightly colored eggs :rolleyes:

Was mearly pointing out the absurdity of his statement regarding immersion.

You did a pretty awful job of it, frankly.

There's a huge difference in not being able to one-shot people with a light saber (something nobody in any of the movies ever did, by the way, so I'm not sure why you think you should be able to), and staging events for holidays that would never exist in a far-off galaxy.

One is definitely far more immersion-breaking than the other.

You did a pretty awful job of it, frankly.

There's a huge difference in not being able to one-shot people with a light saber (something nobody in any of the movies ever did, by the way, so I'm not sure why you think you should be able to), and staging events for holidays that would never exist in a far-off galaxy.

One is definitely far more immersion-breaking than the other.

He was referring to .... I have a lightsaber and I can't 1 shot as immersion breaking .... which they did do in the movies. At least that's the way I read it.

In the Force Sensitives case in game I look at it more like an energy bar .... the jedi/sith get tired of all the dancing, dodging, submersion in the force, and deflections .... they get tired and then BAM deathblow :) ... That's the way I look at it.

He was referring to .... I have a lightsaber and I can't 1 shot as immersion breaking .... which they did do in the movies. At least that's the way I read it.

In the Force Sensitives case in game I look at it more like an energy bar .... the jedi/sith get tired of all the dancing, dodging, submersion in the force, and deflections .... they get tired and then BAM deathblow :) ... That's the way I look at it.

There's a big difference between immersion breaking for the sake of balance (the one shot example) and immersion breaking to put something in the game that many players don't want, that serves no gameplay or balance purpose and is, for all intents and purposes, worthless.

Breaking fluff for balance: okay

Breaking fluff to shove a holiday invented by Hallmark into the game: not okay.

When Obi Wan one shot the guy in the cantina on Tatooine in episode 4, he was low grey to him. He was supposed to be able to one shot him. On the other hand Darth Vader in that movie was an elite and Obi wan forgot his Med packs and left Theran behind.

When Obi Wan one shot the guy in the cantina on Tatooine in episode 4, he was low grey to him. He was supposed to be able to one shot him. On the other hand Darth Vader in that movie was an elite and Obi wan forgot his Med packs and left Theran behind.

Darth and Obi Wan fought for a while before Obi Wan ran out of health, too. He didn't get one-shotted.

I remember in DCUO when they had a valentines day event... two weeks after valentines day.

As part of it you could buy valentines day gifts... which you couldn't give to other players. Cuz, ya know, when you buy someone flowers for valentines day, you keep them for yourself.

Yeah, i'm really not fussed on holiday based events.