No valentine event and nobody complaining???

alhatza

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, is not like i really care for a valentine event, but seasonals events are something i actually enjoyed on other mmorpgs, so i was just thinking if this is going to mean that Bioware do not have plan for any "especial" events ir is just that they were to lazy for this time

This is a theme park. Meaning? No events or stuffs that can "fight" with the general background.

Well, is not like i really care for a valentine event, but seasonals events are something i actually enjoyed on other mmorpgs, so i was just thinking if this is going to mean that Bioware do not have plan for any "especial" events ir is just that they were to lazy for this time

WoW --> That way

I am rather happy that there is no translation of real life events into the game. For a game like this it would break the immersion really. Next day we will have people demanding a trip to Hoth so they could fight an instanced version of the Darth Claus and rob his shiny red-painted security chest and then everyone is proudly presenting his lightsabers with jingling bells on it. Very awful prospect. Edited by ArmchairMagpie

Who cares. It would be broken and filled with bugs anyway.

Bioware already stated that they will not be putting any traditional holidays, themes or cultural references in TOR as it will break immersion. I personally agree with this because too many games are "selling out" to this sort of thing. WoW has way too many of these damn holidays and it is nothing exciting.

Me not being able to instantly kill everything with my lightsaber is breaking immersion.

The holiday activites that games can have can be a nice change of pace and provide something to look forward to if implemented correctly. I don't see any reason why they can not put their own spin on the valentine's day. If you look at it from its source, you will see a miracle happening and repressed people becoming free. There is probably alot of ''hidden'' lore about this happening for both sides of the conflict with similar events. The holiday can just be love inspired and not entierly reflect what we have in the real world.

There is no guild banks, no LFG, no AA, no custom UI..etc etc and you are moaning because there is no Valentines day event :o

He highlighted what he precived as a new problem that no one has taken the time to inform about.

I suggest that you check a few pages down and see alot of threads about those things that you listed, there is no need to add another one.

Only star wars "holiday" I've ever seen observed is wookie life day, heh

Bioware already stated that they will not be putting any traditional holidays, themes or cultural references in TOR as it will break immersion. I personally agree with this because too many games are "selling out" to this sort of thing. WoW has way too many of these damn holidays and it is nothing exciting.

^This! QFE.

+100

/thread

They said there would be no real world events in-game.

I despise valentine's day, because it's just a commercial exploitation of relationships. So I am not complaining at all. In fact I applaud them for it.

Last christmas was a bit disappointing, but the game was just released, so I am thinking this coming halloween and christmas would be great for actual events. Other than that, I'm not too bothered with such events.

They can have them if they want but I just am not interested except for the two I mentioned.

Edit: And no, christmas has no religious meaning to me at all either. It's just a general holiday to me with a bit more atmosphere than the rest :)

Edited by Tsillah