** BIOWARE Response Needed for Game-breaking Ilum Bug **

Zaodon

Were you killing enemies at Central, Southern, or Northern?

Was it at the base that they weren't counting?

Was the enemy outside of those zones?

We as the forum going community need to know more information before flipping out on Bioware.

Have you been to illum ? Bioware deserves to be flipped out on. Quit being a fanboy and try some Illum.

• Replies 745
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Any update?

This is not a minor issue guys. Please at least tell us you have SOME sort of solution and it'll be patched today?

Between this AND the Warzone's not counting...you're really hurting PvP.

It's not that bad... get your kills and when your counter stops run in and give yourself up. It's simply FORCING the Imperials to give up a kill here and there to allow both factions to complete their dailies.

I don't think it is "working as intended" but it certainly is not broken.

It's not that bad... get your kills and when your counter stops run in and give yourself up. It's simply FORCING the Imperials to give up a kill here and there to allow both factions to complete their dailies.

I don't think it is "working as intended" but it certainly is not broken.

Ilum isn't registering kills for the daily/weekly, nor is it giving valor for anything on most realms. No amount of dying/changing instance/relogging is fixing anything. The only option on most realms is to farm chests for 6+ hours to get your daily done.

That, my friend, is the very definition of broken.

Edited by Iriestx

Ilum isn't registering kills for the daily/weekly, nor is it giving valor for anything on almost every realm. The only option on most realms is to farm chests for 6+ hours to get your daily done.

That, my friend, is the very definition of broken.

I want to see a fraps of someone not getting any credit. I don't believe a word of it.

I want to see a fraps of someone not getting any credit. I don't believe a word of it.

Death Wind Corridor. Sign on over, or hit up Reddit and talk to anybody that plays on any of the Reddit guilds. If that doesn't convince you, read through a few thousand forum posts over the last 24 hours.

Edited by Iriestx

This happened to me last night while doing the daily/weekly.

It started about 30 minutes into joining an OP group that WAS NOT camping the pub base. We were pushed beyond the turrets and into the south eastern side where the canyons begin.

There was NO kill trading involved. Both sides were pushing back and forth making for some GREAT PvP action....and then it happened.

Kills stopped counting completely.

Random disconnects to character select.

Client completely crashed to desktop.

Now at the time I didn't know you could just die and it would "reset" so you could continue getting credit for kills....and quite frankly that is the most idiotic thing I've ever heard. Between this and the idiot who coded this game so wireless players continually receive latency issues I'm about done. Figure it out please.

Kills worked fine on server "Warriors of the Shadow" (west coast) last night, but the server was struggling to balance instances. It kept auto-logging off everybody, both empire and republic, whenever it tried to create a new instance or collapse one. It happened 3 times last night in the middle of some heated battles and was very annoying.

What's your secret bro, was there for 2 hours and nothing either for kills or armament ...

Pretty sad IMO.... Lets just hope they got it fixed before tonight...

Kills count now. In case you only read the op then mouthbreathe rage over to the last page ilum goes like this (as mentioned previously)

Kill till you notice you are not getting any credit.. Suicide.. Then resume killing.

Essentially they did nothing to prevent kill trading except for the 8 hours where pvp did not count. Only crates!!

Bioware pvp devs are stupid.

Edited by Audenlol

May be we all have it wrong. Maybe Bioware's goal isn't to increase player combat at Ilum. Maybe the goal is to get more people to play "whack a mole" in the center with the respawn crates and forget about the whole kill other people thing entirely. Maybe by PVP what Bioware entends to have is Mario Cart style race to get of the crate spawn sites in the center of the map.

Maybe the real problem is that there isn't enough crate spawns to entice the fighting outside of the bases.

Just like with the warzones, killing players is a distant second objective. Scoring a goal, taking a turret, or destorying / defending a door are the primary goals with each mission. Killing players is just something you do to make reaching those goals easier.

Maybe in bioware's eyes Ilum is now the same thing. Kill players is secondary to get some damn crate in the center of the combat area.

so maybe the real problem isnt that player kills no longer count towards valor, maybe the real problem is that the crates don't count at all.

LOL :D

My IQ actually decreased from reading this. Thanks.

Was strange for me last night. Kills counting depended on the layer you were in. So nobody was getting credit for kills on Ilum 1. We all switched to Ilum 2 and started getting credit for kills. Even that wasn't consistent. I'm not sure what the new system is, but there were a ton of kills that our Ops group got no credit for.

At a certain point, getting kill credit stopped entirely. It wasn't until my toon got whacked that he started to get credit for kills again. Then he got some more, and it suddenly stopped again.

Just did some WZs as part of my daily gametime. Even when I came back from a WZ, my toon wasn't getting credit for kills.

The whole situation is bizarre. Yes, my toon got his daily done. But the whole working/not-working was strange to say the least.

One last note, the new turrets at Pub base are awesome. They definitely make for some good fun when they aren't borked, which does seem to happen when too many peeps try to use the turret at the same time.

Any update?

This is not a minor issue guys. Please at least tell us you have SOME sort of solution and it'll be patched today?

Some wishful thinking there Tux.

I expect a patch note saying its fixed in a week or so. We'll log in and it will still be broken. Then no communication from Bioware ever again on the subject.

Last night i joined a Imperial Ops group while we were being pushed back from the Republic base. We fought all the way back to central, rallied, and killed around 30 republic scum. In about 45 mins of DPSing and healing between these 2 large groups, I received 9/30.

A battle to this degree before the patch would have easily finished off my daily.

1/2 of PVP is undeniably broken atm. I feel for any battlemaster trying to gear up, though I'll be in their company fast if this doesnt get fixed.

So over 24 hours now, still no answers on a fix and over 12 hours since the last update of "we are making progress".

Meanwhile, with the imbalance in Pops, Imps are farming the Central Armaments for their Daily and Weekly while the Republic gets the Shaft just like the allowing them to farm the base spawn for almost an entire day.

Solo kill 1 Imp near the Reb base. I have died More times then I can count now and still 0 credit.

This is just incredably poor.

That's incredible.

Death Wind Corridor. Sign on over, or hit up Reddit and talk to anybody that plays on any of the Reddit guilds. If that doesn't convince you, read through a few thousand forum posts over the last 24 hours.

Are they getting NO credit or are they simply getting 5-10 at a time and then having to die and continue.

Are they getting NO credit or are they simply getting 5-10 at a time and then having to die and continue.

Death Wind Corridor is giving no credit and no valor. Doesn't matter if you kill 1 or 100. Doesn't matter your layer, or if you die, or relog or any other gimmick. You can farm crates for 6 hours to do your daily, or nothing.

Death Wind Corridor is giving no credit and no valor. Doesn't matter if you kill 1 or 100. Doesn't matter your layer, or if you die, or relog or any other gimmick. You can farm crates for 6 hours to do your daily, or nothing.

If 3 virtual bags for your virtual character are worth 6 hours of your life I feel very sorry for you.

Some wishful thinking there Tux.

I expect a patch note saying its fixed in a week or so. We'll log in and it will still be broken. Then no communication from Bioware ever again on the subject.

Oh come on Iliac, like they'd do that. In update 1.1.0 they fixed the whole warzones not counting bu...uh...huh....yeah...I see ur point...

Hi everyone,

I wanted to give you all a quick update. The dev team has been investigating the cause of this issue and they're closer to figuring out a solution. As mentioned before, we'll keep you updated with any new developments. Thanks again for your patience on this.

Have you guys had enough time yet to kick a response around the office?

i was getting credit this morning on the Veela server but then it stopped, dying didn't fix it, i no longer can get the valor buff and can't get the assault missions again.

No more credit for kills or valor again, sigh.

Fix this bioware, it was your system you put in place to prevent valor abuse that has caused this. disable it or you will lose countless members.

Edited by Tunapiano