** BIOWARE Response Needed for Game-breaking Ilum Bug **

Zaodon

• Replies 745
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

An issue that should not have made it out of testing. We need the ability to properly test patches... more than a couple days to do it, ability to have level 50s on test server, and some incentive to get enough people on the server for a legit test (maybe complete certain tasks and be entered into a drawing for some free swag like Star Wars stuff, game time, etc).

If 50 people played on Ilum for 30 minutes on the test server, they would've been able to tell Bioware that something was wrong. So either they need a huge QA team or they need to allow (and encourage) us to help with the QA process.

Honestly the incentive idea might not be too bad. I imagine with how new the game still is there aren't many people on the test server, since they would more likely be working towards their BM, gearing their BM, running Ops, or leveling that alt or 4. Given some time the test server might see better population.

There are quite a few bugs, and a few things broken each patch (I don't count Ilum because honestly there hasn't been a real working Ilum up to this point, and that isn't all on the dev's fault), but they are also trying to figure out how to fix what goes wrong, how to optimize the game to run better for people, and how to continue to put out content, all at the same time. I'll give them time, after all I'm personally having fun, and this is by no means the WORST MMO launch I've been subjected to, hell, it's not even as bad as some games 6 months to a year AFTER launch.

Hi everyone,

I wanted to give you all a quick update. The dev team has been investigating the cause of this issue and they're closer to figuring out a solution. As mentioned before, we'll keep you updated with any new developments. Thanks again for your patience on this.

How much do you want to bet their solution will just screw things up even more.

Bets? Anyone?

I didn't read through the 40+ pages, but I did want to throw out that Vulkar Highway was experiencing this as well earlier today. I logged off about 11:30 am central time due to the bug.

It was weird, I killed like 25+ people and got no credit. Some random assassin runs up and gets killed by the turret, I didn't even damage him and I get credit. Then 10 more kills didn't count.

Weirdness.

Hi, I'm the typical uneducated forum-goer on SWTOR.

I never read patch notes, nor do I try to understand why certain things in the game happen.

If something doesn't work the way I want it, it's obviously a bug and I need to make a forum topic with baseless accusations as to why Bioware doesn't know what they're doing.

If Bioware responds as to why a mechanic of the game is functioning in a certain way, they're wrong and need to fix it because it either....

A. Isn't how I personally want it to be

B. Doesn't cater to my lack of skill, or it brings forth my lack of effort and needs to be easier.

I will continue to kick and scream until I get my way because I am the 99% (hurrdurr) and I will never fully understand anything about this game.

If they have no character copy function for the PTR, then that is almost certainly the biggest reason these patches have had so many issues since release. This needs to be one of Bioware's top priorities, because nobody is going grind up a toon on a test server just to test endgame related patches.

I did around 100 kills that also gave credit to my weekly/daily in about an hour on ilum. I died about 3 times and just had to make sure to be in combat with the person in question dieing.

Like always, maybe it really is a serverbug. I didn't notice anything out of the order nor was there any talking about it.

We farmed them at their base at first, as usual, then we got pushed a bit outside.

Hi everyone,

I wanted to give you all a quick update. The dev team has been investigating the cause of this issue and they're closer to figuring out a solution. As mentioned before, we'll keep you updated with any new developments. Thanks again for your patience on this.

lol i read this as : we will probably bring down the servers primetime for the EU tommorow, untill then we acting as if we dont know whats going on.

After about 30 minuets on Ilum tonight, it looks as if the battle has to move from point to point for kills to count. Basically you can't just sit and the Rep base and kill Reps over and over you actually have to move around for it to start counting kills and give Valor.

I went from 1-30 kills in under 30 minuets doing this on the Rep side, finished my daily very quickly.

Ilum works on my server.And if these changes are to stop kill trading and valor farming most of us are happy.

Going to have to call BS on this. It's severely lopsided on Mandalor the Indominable. To the point where I feel bad for the Republic. The Empire owns Ilum and Central Assault. The republic pops their head out on Tuesdays in the hopes of completing the daily\weekly, only to get driven right back into their base. They have absolutely zero shot at getting any armaments, given that there are 10-15 Empire busy competing for spawns at CA while the remaining 50 sit at the Republic base hoping to squeeze out a few kills.

On the rare occasion like today, there was a pretty epic fight at CA, which lasted a whopping 30 min before we thrashed them back to their base. This patch seems to have curbed not only the valor, but the daily\weekly credit as well. I received maybe 20 toward my daily out of 100ish kills over the course of that half hour.

My complaint isn't with the valor (I can get plenty of that from warzones). My complaint is that every effort to fix the valor distribution seems to break our abilty to complete the daily\weekly. Somebody said, "I think they changed these quests monthly\yearlies." Pretty much sums up my sentiment. If we're having trouble...I can only imagine how frustrating it is for the poor Pubs.

Going to have to call BS on this. It's severely lopsided on Mandalor the Indominable. To the point where I feel bad for the Republic. The Empire owns Ilum and Central Assault. The republic pops their head out on Tuesdays in the hopes of completing the daily\weekly, only to get driven right back into their base. They have absolutely zero shot at getting any armaments, given that there are 10-15 Empire busy competing for spawns at CA while the remaining 50 sit at the Republic base hoping to squeeze out a few kills.

On the rare occasion like today, there was a pretty epic fight at CA, which lasted a whopping 30 min before we thrashed them back to their base. This patch seems to have curbed not only the valor, but the daily\weekly credit as well. I received maybe 20 toward my daily out of 100ish kills over the course of that half hour.

My complaint isn't with the valor (I can get plenty of that from warzones). My complaint is that every effort to fix the valor distribution seems to break our abilty to complete the daily\weekly. Somebody said, "I think they changed these quests monthly\yearlies." Pretty much sums up my sentiment. If we're having trouble...I can only imagine how frustrating it is for the poor Pubs.

Republic only has two options:

1) Kill swap

2) Avoid ilum all together

I take option 2 any and every day.

So until it is fixed it is once again a case of the rich get richer and the poor get nothing.

I say that because now only the faction that outnumbers the other faction will be able to do the daily/weekly; by going around and picking up armaments.

On my server that is Sith. How many servers does the republic outnumber the Sith 10/3?

Hey everyone...

The issue is fixed....

Just saying...

Thanks BW!

On Terentatek its still not working. Apparently once you killed someone, it will take an 30 minutes to an hour before you can kill them again for it to count. And that timer is for everyone, so if you were unlucky and didn't tag the enemy, you have to wait atleast an hour before you can kill that person again.

The Imps has atleast 60 players fighting against us. Since there was an Ilum 2 open, and it took a full ops group of 24 players pluse another ops of 10, 4 hours to register 90 kills.

Thank You Bioware for another fix patch that apparently destroyed all functionality of Ilum.

BTW never trade killed, always been in ops always fighting against a 3:1 odds that Imps always seems to have atleast 50 ~ 60 players. It was atleast playable when they would camp in the republic base camp, but now what are the reasons to even be at Ilum when kills don't even count.