** BIOWARE Response Needed for Game-breaking Ilum Bug **

Zaodon

This seems to be fixed on my server (wound in the force). Initially we weren't getting any credit for kills, then Ilum crashed and when we logged back in everyone was in Ilum 3.

All the kills there counted and I was able to get my daily and weekly done in under an hour. Apparently everyone caught on because we had a record high number of republic and I think the faction balance was finally 1:1 for a long time last night.

I found that dying periodically seems to make the kills start counting again if you haven't gotten credit for any in a while, this might just be all in my head though.

• Replies 745
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It isn't fixed on Dark Reaver.. Not sure where you are getting your info from.

Lol..personal experience. On Port Nowhere we had the issue, then were all kicked back to character selection, when logging back in, everyone was getting credit for kills again.

The fight lasted from 9:30 to 12am.

First of all, I think you people fail to realize that the people who actually post on the forums only make up about 5%-10% of the player base for most games at best. Secondly, out of these people, most of the post on here are vague, uninformative, or hateful, or all three.

When you notice a bug, report it in a constructive manner. Give as many details as possible. Provide video footage if you can. Stay on topic, don't get side-tracked with meaningless bs filling up the original post pages so that there is just way too much crap for anyone to even want to read through it all to get to the heart of the matter. mainly, be constructive, contribute something besides just your opinion of the situation, your hateful remarks, your bashing on other people who post, and the meaningless threats about hope u are about to unsubscribe/rage quit because this isn't working or that isn't fixed or omg its too easy or hard.

Most of the posts under this topic are **** I demand a fix now.... I killed x amount of players in setup a, b, +c, and didn't get any credit at all for doing so. List times, places, server, faction, valor rank, etc anything u think may be useful in solving the problem. Honestly all the posts without such information should be deleted as trash.

Ironically enough, when a moderator or csr responds to hateful posts like these, clearly stating they have begun to look into the problem, or that there may even be a problem, the post is met with perhaps a single thank you from the community, followed by even more hateful posts than before. Or the response is just completely ignored because it wasn't the particular response people were looking for.

As far as people complaining about bugs and how broken this game is, I have to wonder if this is your first mmo you have ever played. This game is far from broken. Bugs do exists, and it is true that some fixes introduce bugs that were not foreseen, but on a whole, Bioware has patched and fixed/updated this game more in the first 1.5 months of release than most mmos have in the course of a year. insulting the developers who are trying to find a balance to keep the forum community happen as well as keeping the game balanced in completely unnecessary and counter productive. were I in their shoes, I would already discounted a lot of the posters on the forums as the 'no matter what changes you make I won't be happy till its exactly how i think it should be' people. because that is how most of these posts come off.

We know from our Wow experiences, that basing pvp hot fixes on things posted in the forums, without deeply investigating the causes and conditions, just leads to more imbalance. As much as the Wow fan boys would like you to believe otherwise, pvp in wow is still broken in many aspects, and on many levels, the pvp game play in this game is more balanced than wow ever was, minus the exploits to valor and current imbalance in ilum due to faction population differences.

On topic, they already posted, on page 12 in case you didn't make it that far before writing a post, that they are glad you made them aware of the problem and that they were looking into it. Of course this wasn't good enough for people, so more hateful posts followed. aside from the Ilum 'bug' that people are experiencing, everything else in the patch is working great from what I can tell. The biggest change for most people being in the commendations received from champion and battle master bags now. while you are being hateful of Bioware, and calling them incompetent and suggesting they fire such and such, don't care about the player base, and just don't care about pvp; please keep in mind that the commendation/bag changes were a completely player requested change in the way those items worked, in which bioware implemented rather quickly given the time from release of the game to release of the change. obviously things like this get over looked when 'something' doesn't work, and woe is me, if it takes months to fix this I am out type of people... but Bioware has shown us, since release, that if something is truly broken or unbalanced, they endeavor to fix it as quickly as possible.

No mmo I have ever played has ever been able to keep the forum junkies happy, and even when changes do come, positive good changes, there is no ty for the quick fix, good job, that boys going around. generally its just more hate about something else that 'isn't the way I want it to be so fix it' kind of posts. Even after the moderator got on here and asked you all to stay focused, be civilized, and allow them time to look into and fix it, this post too was met with hateful remarks. And all the while, the people who make these remarks expect the csr and moderators to hear their opinion or 'bug report' as valid facts while they bash the people they are 'supposedly' trying to help save the game.

Swtor doesn't need saving. Those of who think this game is a sinking ship are free to have that opinion, but honestly I disagree. The game has tons of potential, is still relatively new, and updates and patches faster than any game I have played to date. when something is broken, they taken in your feedback, as hateful as it is, look into, and fix it as fast as they can. That is all you can really ask for any company to do from a customer service point of view. If there is one thing Bioware should learn from Wow, its that listening to the forums, for 'game balancing changes' has to be taken with a grain of salt. Wow did this to great extent, and because of that remained unbalanced for a very long time, and in many ways still is unbalanced where pvp is concerned. People may disagree, and that is their opinion and they are entitled to it, but I am just speaking from my own experience.

The bare bones of the subject of this post is this - The PLAYER BASE of the game created a situation where they were exploiting the way Ilum was intended to work. Though this could have probably been foreseen, it was not, and though it may be too late to retroactively punish those exploiters, the best they can do now is implement changes to prevent this from continuing. They have already said - 'We are looking into the situation and will keep u updated', twice in this forum post. both times they were met with just more hatred. honestly I don't see why any company would want to deal with the mmo community in general just because they are more hateful than constructive 95% of the time.

Ilum is broken according to some people, on different servers, and past a certain time today.. they said they are looking into it and will update us as soon as they have more information. The patch released this morning, their responses to your complaints came shortly after you posted them on the forums. People suggested the 'rollback' the servers to the previous patch; Honestly, f'that. The new changes, aside from the ilum bug, greatly outweigh the inconvenience of Ilum atm. to be honest, Ilum has always been an inconvenience for most people on uneven faction populated servers, and the bag changes alone were worth the patch. Not to mention the increase in pvp responsiveness of yer skills activating and the improved 'cool-down' ui added to better show wut skills are available when.

Just my two cents. just get tired of seeing all of these non constructive posts and rage filled posts. Honestly, report the bug you have found, give as many details as possible, and be constructive in your criticism. Otherwise **** unless u can do it better, and in that case, pls apply to bioware asap.

On a whole, I am happy with the game and where it is going. The commendation change was a huge huge buff to anyone with any-type of reading comprehension. Even this change was met with hatred, after the player base specifically said' we want more control over our pvp progression', met with so much in fact before the patch even released, that Bioware had to Spell out the specific details of just how many of what u would get in each bag. In hindsight, they could of avoided some outrage by mentioning this upfront, but on the whole, I am sure it would have been met with just as much hatred and bs as most changes to games are.

Swtor is still a child as far as MMOs go. It has been out for 1.5 months now. Just look at the 'patch notes' list if you honestly think Bioware has done nothing to improve their game since release. If you still feel that way after seeing how many, and what they fixed in those patches, then you have no business being on the forums giving any type of opinion whatsoever because you obviously lack a basic understanding of things plainly obvious.

Yes, Ilum is bugged atm for some people, yes crafting needs work, yes the warzone issue, which i myself have not experienced with wins not counting, needs to be addressed; But on a whole, Bioware is doing a pretty good job at trying to keep the players happy, keeping the game in balance, and fixing things when they arise in a timely manner so far. So if you're gonna complain, at least do it constructively so this game can continue moving forward, instead of the pointless insulting bs most of you post on these forums.

Thanks in Advance. Have a great night.

I disagree.

This game IS broken/not polished/not complete (and don't give me that tired old line about an mmo never being finished there is a big difference and you know it). Bug fixes on this massive of a scale, that introduce even more problems indicate that the above is very true.

It was slotted to be in beta longer, but in true EA fashion the cycle was cut short so that the game could be rushed out before Christmas.

Hopefully enough people stick around to see the game in better shape than it is currently.

What really concerns me is the same people who ruined Warhammer that are now working at EA/BW are going to ruin this game as well.

Basically here is how the bug works

Ilum1 you get credit for the first kill...then after nothing.

Ilum2 and Ilum3 works till you get 50 consecutive kills then you have to suicide to reset your character. After that it seems every 10 kills you have to suicide to reset your character to get credit again.

On Helm of Graush we had a massive fight in Central in which both sides fought for many hours with equal numbers and weekly/dailies were done in no time as we figured out how it worked.

Also there is another bug. If you group (no ops) and say ilum 2 is full, add someone from outside the instance to the grp and they can switch to your instance no problem. Only works in groups and bypasses the max limit for the zone.

Also /stuck is still not fixed. They did add a 90 sec timer on it, but it still allows you to spawn back where you originaly died thus giving the player instant access back to the battle. Does not work in WZ.

What is the craziest is I posted a similar post about this on the customer service forums. I was very rude to bioware in my post but still within forum guidelines. Within 10 minutes I had a response from them saying "We are closing the thread" Explaining some bs about I posted it in the wrong area. I see you guys cannot get them to respond here though.

On Helm of Graush we had a massive fight in Central in which both sides fought for many hours with equal numbers and weekly/dailies were done in no time as we figured out how it worked.

Ok, so that may be how the bug works on your server.

On Trask Ulgo (EU), and from very many of the posts above on lots of different servers, this will be no help as no kills are registering at all, not the first one, not kills after dying, not kills in another instance.

I think the devs need to be clear there is no workaround for some of us (other than extremely tedious box farming).

Rakata Mind Prison here.

Did Ilum yesterday, killed Imps at our base, South and Central. Spent 1-2 hours there in between doing WZs, managed to only get 17 registered kills.........

WZ wins registered for my daily and weekly randomly.

Fix Ilum correctly or back to pre-patch please, noobs at BW.

Ilum2 and Ilum3 works till you get 50 consecutive kills then you have to suicide to reset your character. After that it seems every 10 kills you have to suicide to reset your character to get credit again.

Also there is another bug. If you group (no ops) and say ilum 2 is full, add someone from outside the instance to the grp and they can switch to your instance no problem. Only works in groups and bypasses the max limit for the zone.

Also /stuck is still not fixed. They did add a 90 sec timer on it, but it still allows you to spawn back where you originaly died thus giving the player instant access back to the battle. Does not work in WZ.

That's not how it's working on my server. No kills register. Doesn't matter if you have died recently or not. Doesn't matter if you're in an Ops group or not. No kills register at all, not the first, not the 10th, not the 100th.

So essentially we're left with the option to spend 4-6 hours farming crates to complete our daily, or nothing at all. Between this bug and the fact that WZ victories almost never count towards the daily, I'm surprised anybody is still subscribed.

To make matters worse, it's pretty clear that Bioware isn't remotely interested in addressing any of these bugs. My two cents for you devs? Set the quest to require 1 crate for the daily, and 5 for the weekly until you get your act together and give us a working system.

Edited by Iriestx

But currently It seems that only the Imperials will get their dailies done, because they are camping the central node and collecting the armnaments. ( remember even if it takes hours, they are still getting it done, only the republics can't get their dailies done )

Even collecting the armament didn't get me credit so...

Hi everyone,

I wanted to give you all a quick update. The dev team has been investigating the cause of this issue and they're closer to figuring out a solution. As mentioned before, we'll keep you updated with any new developments. Thanks again for your patience on this.

This is the definition of stupidity, everything needs to be tested in and out before published, how hard is it to *********** learn something for a change??

This is the definition of stupidity, everything needs to be tested in and out before published, how hard is it to *********** learn something for a change??

None of their patches can be tested. You can only roll a level one character on the PTS. No premade 50s, no character copy. So every single patch they put out for end-game content literally goes completely untested.

That's how we end up with the situation we have now, where patches fail to fix what they're supposed to 50% of the time, or if they do work, they end up breaking half a dozen unrelated things.

Doesnt work like that on my server, infact its never stopped working.

Went to Illum 1 killed republic, got updates.

Server is Nightmare Lands EU

First, let me say I am sorry for those of you that get no kill credits, it sucks.

I play republic on Bondar Crystal.

I play melee so i usually have a low kill rate (and high death rate) in Ilum, fun nevertheless.

I was able to complete my daily and weekly last night alone (150+ kills that counted, many many more), so i can't really say for sure it is broken.

Before yesterday's patch i also had many a time when a kill did not count and never had an idea why.

Yesterday was not really different, maybe a tad slower but since there was a lot of action it still went well.

I heard many people say that you had to relog, change instance, etc...

I did none of that, grabbed quests, went to Ilum, duked it out for a few hours and logged with a lot of valor and all my kills.

I hope this helps in finding why this may not work for others.

Edited by Vhelve

So over 24 hours now, still no answers on a fix and over 12 hours since the last update of "we are making progress".

Meanwhile, with the imbalance in Pops, Imps are farming the Central Armaments for their Daily and Weekly while the Republic gets the Shaft just like the allowing them to farm the base spawn for almost an entire day.

Solo kill 1 Imp near the Reb base. I have died More times then I can count now and still 0 credit.

This is just incredably poor.

Kills worked fine on server "Warriors of the Shadow" (west coast) last night, but the server was struggling to balance instances. It kept auto-logging off everybody, both empire and republic, whenever it tried to create a new instance or collapse one. It happened 3 times last night in the middle of some heated battles and was very annoying.

Do you have a character on the test server? Did you help test it??? just a question..

Not enough people help test these patches, so this will keep happening. No an easy job bug squishing and testing fixes.. give them a break and help them out and get on the Test Server.

Yeah I'm guessing you don't test on swtor ptr servers.

Then you'd know they don't allow you to copy your level 50s or provide premade 50s. You start at level 1 and have a week or less to hit level 50 so you can test high level content? Does that make sense to you?

It explains why we end up testing all this endgame stuff for them while paying for the game.

For the people referencing HoG...I was there around 6PM MT. I joined Ilum 1 and there were at least 36+ republic. I would hazard to say more. With the usual rule that your raid must get the killing blow and all. It was probably fairly even numbers at Central Assault, maybe a slight edge to the Imperials.

I managed to get 37 kills in under 15 minutes. But after that, for about 5 minutes, no credit. I had already been appraised of the situation on the forums, so I ran in and got ganged on. Rezzed. Drove back, got 4 kills, then 3 minutes with none...went and died, came back. got 9 kills...nothing...and basically rinse and repeat until I got bored at about 80 kills. All of this took probably about an hour. So overall, it wasn't terrible, but it was definitely annoying.

It basically promotes a underhanded form of kill trading, as once you are capped, it's more efficient to kill yourself to get yourself out of the area, so whatever timers involved start accumulating.

I have no idea how to truly get around this bs, but this worked. But HoG is somewhat lucky to have a decent population. But it was Tuesday, and people always come out in droves on Tuesdays.

So over 24 hours now, still no answers on a fix and over 12 hours since the last update of "we are making progress".

Meanwhile, with the imbalance in Pops, Imps are farming the Central Armaments for their Daily and Weekly while the Republic gets the Shaft just like the allowing them to farm the base spawn for almost an entire day.

Solo kill 1 Imp near the Reb base. I have died More times then I can count now and still 0 credit.

This is just incredably poor.

Although I understand your frustration, the Imps don't have it as good as you make it out to be.

With only about 10 crates spawns in the center (and all on random respawn timers) it takes a very long time to complete a daily from just crates and completing the weekly is all but out of the question.

You get more than two people farming these crates and it could literally take hours to complete it. I have seen people complain during non-peak times that 10 people are farming the center and it takes over 2 hours just to complete the daily.

Frankly, there is no bag in game worth two hours of my time to do circles around the center assault.

So are there some Imp players who are getting their dailies done by farming crates? Yes there are, but I can assure you that they are in the extreme minority. Most Imp players are like yourself and aren't even doing Ilum because of the PVP issues.

Kills worked fine on server "Warriors of the Shadow" (west coast) last night, but the server was struggling to balance instances. It kept auto-logging off everybody, both empire and republic, whenever it tried to create a new instance or collapse one. It happened 3 times last night in the middle of some heated battles and was very annoying.

By the server logging players in the PVP event, it is actually resetting the timers on those players. So by forcing you out of the game, it is actually bypassing the issue as others have reported that logging in and out is the only way to continue to get credit for the kills.

So in reality, your server is as broken as everyone elses.

I just logged on today and went out to Ilum, got killed by a group of 3 Empire at central and before I died I asked them to tell me if they got credit for the kill they were about to receive.

I lay there dead and a sith player responds "Nope" in /say chat.

****'s still broken after a whole day with the only response on the matter occurring at 6:31pm the prior day. What are you guys doing?

I just logged on today and went out to Ilum, got killed by a group of 3 Empire at central and before I died I asked them to tell me if they got credit for the kill they were about to receive.

I lay there dead and a sith player responds "Nope" in /say chat.

****'s still broken after a whole day with the only response on the matter occurring at 6:31pm the prior day. What are you guys doing?

They're not fixing the 'WZ wins don't count toward the daily/weekly 50% of the time' bug, that's for sure.

Although I understand your frustration, the Imps don't have it as good as you make it out to be.

With only about 10 crates spawns in the center (and all on random respawn timers) it takes a very long time to complete a daily from just crates and completing the weekly is all but out of the question.

You get more than two people farming these crates and it could literally take hours to complete it. I have seen people complain during non-peak times that 10 people are farming the center and it takes over 2 hours just to complete the daily.

Frankly, there is no bag in game worth two hours of my time to do circles around the center assault.

So are there some Imp players who are getting their dailies done by farming crates? Yes there are, but I can assure you that they are in the extreme minority. Most Imp players are like yourself and aren't even doing Ilum because of the PVP issues.

I have spent 4 hours to get 9 armaments I don't know how I didn't shoot my PC it's insanely bad game design period. I wish they just gave kills for warzones and get it over with open world pvp with the faction in balance is FAIL.

Edited by LordbishopX

2 hours? Try 4-6 hours now that nobody gets credit for kills. Most of the spawns are camped by 3-4 people that all click like mad hoping they'll be the one to get the crate when it spawns.

The fact that they're aware but have done zero to address this in the last 24 hours is really pathetic. They actually appear comfortable with the fact that you have to literally spend half of your waking hours in a day to complete a daily quest.

Edited by Iriestx