1.1.2 PvP bag changes.

ReRuined

• Replies 742
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I do pvp sometimes.

I do an even amount of pvp and pve, and I'm building a set of gear for both. And I think people should be forced to switch between gear sets if they intend to pve and pvp effectively.

Me, too. I just started doing pvp and I'm using pve gear. I seem to do quite well considering my lack of skill and the fact that I mouse-click. If people truly want pvp to be fair, there should be a pvp-only set of gear that you get when you first start playing. Like a Locker Room (you should have to switch out). This gear should go by valor (not by level since everyone is bolstered to 49 anyway). If you want better gear, play more and increase your valor. Since lower-levels are already limited by lack of powers, give level 15s who are 30 valor better gear than fresh 30's. It makes sense and the noobies like me would understand. I would also know what to shoot for. In professional sports, the pros don't always wear the best gear. They wear gear that is sanctioned by whatever league they are in. PvP should be the same way. Huttball is "sport-like." When you leave PvP, you are back in your pve gear. Simple. What's the big deal?

Why in Gods name would you devs consider this as a good idea? It's asinine! Dude, I'm seriously convinced you guys are deliberately sabotaging your own game, for whatever reason. CLEARLY the MAJORITY of players are NOT happy with his implementation, and yet you guys are seriously going to proceed with this?!?! Woooooooow.

Let me ask you numb-skull devs this: What do you purpose I do with the extra 3 jackets, 2 pants, 2 bracers, 3 head gears? Hu? Aside from giving it to my companions which I don't use anymore, what do I do with them!? I worked my butt off to get those bags and this is how you devs pay us; with worthless items we, the actual players, can't use?

Dude, you folks need to seriously have your heads examined if you think this idea is any good, as well as the old one.

Secondly, Centurion commendations, to me, are absolutely worthless and yet you're going to INCREASE the amount we get now!? Holy Cow poopoo!!! Am I missing something here!? When did April Fools day change to February 2nd?

It's like you don't even read the changes before you open that hole you call your mouth to kill us with stupidity.

This new system fixes what you're complaining about, Do you not get that concept?

I mean bloody hell...

No, the expertise difference alone doesn't make you lose. The expertise difference combined with the stat difference combined with the lack of set bonuses doesn't make you lose either but it sure puts you behind the 8 ball.

You're aware Cent has the same set bonus as Champ/BM right? and that you can use multiple different levels of the gear (as in 1 cent,2 champ,1 bm) and it'll give you the set bonus right?

Let me just point this out, since there's confusion about it.

The 1.1.2. bag changes have reduced the RNG element on drops DRAMATICALLY. Exactly what you guys asked for.

Instead of hoping to get specific item tokens, you now get (more) commendations that you can turn into an item of your choice. That is a lot more deterministic and reliable than opening bags and hoping for a token.

-- Georg

This is a terrible decision. Why not remove effort completely and be done with it.

So sad is the catering to the want it now crowd.

I like your words deterministic and reliable. I think you mean faster and easier to get.

This is a terrible decision. Why not remove effort completely and be done with it.

I like your words deterministic and reliable. I think you mean faster and easier to get.

It's usually the lucky in these situations that confuse "luck" with "speed".

Beating the RNG is not "harder".

They're not making it "easier", they're removing some of the RNG and replacing it with grindable but obtainable reward.

Edited by KTheAlchemist

Why don't the developers add converting Champion-commendations into a Battlemaster-commendation at a certain rate in this next patch? Shouldn't be that hard to plonk in an option on the PvP vendor :rolleyes:.

Since players will get 30 Champion-commendations a day from the 2 BM-bags, I'd say 180 Champion-commendations converting to 1 BM-commendation sounds about right - that's 6 days worth of bags getting nothing (not counting the weeklies, which kinda serve as a bonus).

Also if you get a BM-commendation from a bag, you shouldn't get any Champion-commendations from this particular bag.

That would alleviate the rage inducing RNG-system of getting BM-commendations currently so much... .

Edited by WakeXT

So you like being totally screwed over and frustrated by the RNG system we have now?

If you don't like saving up for the gear you actully need, and sometimes get it free, but instead buy a lotteryticket with low chance of getting anything, and futher less chance of getting the exact part you need, by all means keep flaming the Devs.

Yes it might be slightly faster, and yes you might say it is easier to get your full set, but I'm sure you will agree that it is way more fun, and less frustrating this way.

If not... Well a headexamine springs to mind.. ;)

PS: What happens with those lvl60+ valor rank? What are we supposed to do? keep on getting 1 battlemaster commendation each 10 battlemaster bags? Ridiculous...

I'm only valor rank 48 right now so I do not know. Can you save your BM bags in the interim or are the ones rewarded from quests unique?

This is so disappointing. Being a new lvl 50 in pvp was already brutal, but now they've made it even harder to catch up to people who got full champ sets in their first week. I think Georg's comment is sort of missing the point here; this does NOTHING to fix an already huge gear imbalance, and doesn't really give players any more control over gear. Increased comms are worthless when the centurion stuff is just absolute trash, and now those of us who have had no luck with RNG (12 bags in a row and NOTHING for me) are going to have an even harder time getting halfwar decent gear and catching up. The community has clearly spoken here. Can you guys please respond accordingly, instead of just saying we're confused and insisting it's better?

The BM bags needs to drop BM tokens everytime and not with a 25% chance. Otherwise you will create the same problem further down the line.

People crying over insanely bad luck and getting very few BM tokens, and others with more luck getting them very often - Again a bad balance.

So, just lower the amounts of BM commedations in the bags and let them drop everytime. Simple and easy. :)

Edited by DinesenDK

I haven't complained about any changes so far, but this is definitely ridiculous.

At the moment (after being 50 for a month) I have 7 main hands, 2 chests, 3 legs, 2 belts. That's what the droprate is like. And they're going to make it... worse?!

If they're going to implement this they must change the RNG so that people don't receive more than 2 of the same item. 7 main hands. 7.

Edited by Mrs_Murder

This is so disappointing. Being a new lvl 50 in pvp was already brutal, but now they've made it even harder to catch up to people who got full champ sets in their first week. I think Georg's comment is sort of missing the point here; this does NOTHING to fix an already huge gear imbalance, and doesn't really give players any more control over gear. Increased comms are worthless when the centurion stuff is just absolute trash, and now those of us who have had no luck with RNG (12 bags in a row and NOTHING for me) are going to have an even harder time getting halfwar decent gear and catching up. The community has clearly spoken here. Can you guys please respond accordingly, instead of just saying we're confused and insisting it's better?

Quote is on page 24 from Gabe

It's obvious from comments here that the patch note is not specific enough, so we'll get it updated before the patch goes to the live servers. Here are some specifics:

Champion Bags now always contain 15 Centurion Commendations AND 7 Champion Commendations. Battlemaster Bags now always contain 15 Champion Commendations. So Centurion gearing up progression for new level 50s is increased significantly and Champion gearing up progression will be steady.

We do still intend on adding more intro level 50 PvP items as well as change how Battlemaster Commendations operate toward the same 'steady' goal. It's just the scope of that change was more than could be done in a weekly patch as it included vendor changes, conversions to existing commendations on players already, etc.

That being said, the current interim 'gearing up' system will change significantly when we introduce Ranked Warzones (aiming for Game Update 1.2). Stay tuned for more details on that.

- Gabe

Seriously, you need to re-make THE ENTIRE PVP SYSTEM of this game.

Take what you have ATM, throw it to the trash, fire the current PVP lead designer, hire a new one and re-design the whole PvP. But do it soon or you will silk like the Titanic.

mmm titanic silk.

I haven't complained about any changes so far, but this is definitely ridiculous.

At the moment (after being 50 for a month) I have 7 main hands, 2 chests, 3 legs, 2 belts. That's what the droprate is like. And they're going to make it... worse?!

Read their post again.

The system is actully better and less frustating. So no worries....... Yet ;)

Why don't the developers add converting Champion-commendations into a Battlemaster-commendation at a certain rate in this next patch? Shouldn't be that hard to plonk in an option on the PvP vendor :rolleyes:.

Since players will get 30 Champion-commendations a day from the 2 BM-bags, I'd say 180 Champion-commendations converting to 1 BM-commendation sounds about right - that's 6 days worth of bags getting nothing (not counting the weeklies, which kinda serve as a bonus).

Also if you get a BM-commendation from a bag, you shouldn't get any Champion-commendations from this particular bag.

That would alleviate the rage inducing RNG-system of getting BM-commendations currently so much... .

It seems to me that they really want the BM gear rate to be significantly slower than champion acquisition rate. At the nominal drop rate of BM tokens it will take a character about a month, maybe a bit longer, to obtain a full set of BM gear.

They threw us a bone with the commendation change to BM gear, but I think they want it to be substantially more onerous to obtain than the 136 gear, and thus the lack of a self-paced acquisition rate for BM stuff.

This is a reasonable design position. My beef isn't with the acquisition rate of BM gear (it should be more difficult to obtain the best), its with the fact that I've opened a week's worth of boxes and recieved 0 tokens. They seem to be addressing this, but I have no idea why this isn't going to happen with the other changes.

and enemy expertise offsets it. Your 7% damage reduction.

And that's not 7% expertise, son. That's 7% STAT DIFFERENCE.

so, if Full BM gave 1000 expertise (it does not, but its a nice round number), the alternative gives 930.

Try to keep up.

At the actual stat values we're talking about, its a lot smaller than that... as little as 2-3 to each main stat, 1 or 2 of a rating. Thats all.

you don't understand how expertise works, so stop talking.

i'm going to get flamed but, here's my opinion.

I got 50 end of december , i had , like every one because of RNG , long streaks of opening champion bags with no loot , and i had multiple duplicates as well. I got to battle master the hard way ( read no illum semi afk farm ), got my champion gloves paying 67 coms with all the ones i got from my battlemaster bags. so that makes it 22+ BM bags to get my champ gloves. ( with these changes i'd have gotten in in 5 bags ...)

I had lower expertise than some , higher than some as well , i still could compete in pvp , i'm not crying about it, i play a melee and i'm not crying about it either. This game is easy, getting gear is easy , PVE is easy , whatever you do you get rewarded because thats all the carebears want now, rewards.

Now i see a bunch of battlemaster people walking around that have no clue about what they are doing in pvp and are in crappy gear because their renown progression was too fast in illum and they didn't evolve on the gear side of things ?

And yet people keep crying about how unfair it all is, and how unbalanced the game is etc.

Now we have devs listening to those people , making the game easier , the renown gains much higher, the chances to get gear easier. All this is taking the challenge away, and for some people believe it or not , the challenge is where the fun is. There was not much challenge to begin with and now its getting thinner.

please keep crying so this , like many other games before , turns into a noob game, its already well on the way.

These changes will be excellent. Anyone who thinks this will be worse than the current system must not be reading the dev post properly, or are trying to read between the lines looking for negatives that aren't necessarily there.

I've been lvl 50 for only a short while now, opened up 10 bags and only got one piece of champ gear. Had I been getting commendations with every bag, I'd have enough for more than one piece of lvl 50 pvp gear, this is a massive improvement in my opinion because it makes gear progression something more tangible.

Edited by Nukor

Am I the only person who agrees with this update? I also think a lot of people are not fully understanding what bioware is saying when it comes to getting champion gear in champion bags. Try it on the test server or when the patch comes out on the official server and I think you will find the system works.

The cost of Champion and Centurion items are NOT changing.

The chance for a Battlemaster Commendation to be in a Battlemaster Bag is NOT changing. It is still 25%.

To reiterate the mention in my previous post, we will be changing Battlemaster Commendation drops in a future patch toward the same 'steady' progession goal without changing the overall average time to gear up.

I think it's a good idea. Steady and more predictable is better; Collect comms to buy items.

Edited by MorgonKara