1.1.2 PvP bag changes.

ReRuined

Why is anyone saying this gives people gear easier???? Guess what some people got to full champion in 12 bags - what do you say to that? You shouldnt have it where for some people it takes less than a week to get gear and some people dont even have 2 peices after 50 bags - they are just smoothing that out so it takes the same amount of time to gear up for everyone and effort is actually rewarded

• Replies 742
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The 1.1.2. bag changes have reduced the RNG element on drops DRAMATICALLY. Exactly what you guys asked for.

Exactly what you guys asked for.

Exactly

I do not think that word means what you think it means. :p

Yes, reduced RNG element = good. I still can't call the overall implications of your approach "exactly" what anyone was asking for that I saw.

Still, it's not the worst thing you could have done. And hit or miss, at least it's a response to community pressure. Now if only the QA team could throw us a bone.

to much champion commendations in eatch bag in my opinion, someone counted that it required 100ish champion bags to get a full set.

I am valor rank 58 I am still missing some parts from full set (main hand, chest, relic) since I have had bad luck in getting loads of boots and helms.

That has been frustrating, getting my 7th helm but thats ok since its random. Loads of people have experienced the same or worse then me.

with the new system I would have had my full champion set long time ago and I almost think it has been to easy as it is...

Thank you Gabe and Georg for clearing this up! Without your added explanations this sounded horrible, now it is all good!

With your explanation it is now obvious that indeed this new system does what we have asked for, namely remove a lot (all? - will there still be ANY Champion X tokens?) of the randomness. Now we know exactly how many bags we need for each Centurion (few) and Champion (more) piece. As you say you will extend this to Battlemaster as well, so that is great!

About the speed of gearing, I think it will be pretty much the same as before without the extremes of some people getting full Champion in very few bags (14 would be the absolute minimum), or not getting more than a couple pieces in 50+ bags.

Also, for those that have nearly completed a set this is a tremendous boon! When you are not yet at valor 60, and therefore opening Champ bags, and have, say, 12 of the 14 slots covered, then your chance to get the missing token is quite low. Now you will get Champion commendations and you will be able to buy the missing piece.

The cost of Champion and Centurion items are NOT changing.

The chance for a Battlemaster Commendation to be in a Battlemaster Bag is NOT changing. It is still 25%.

To reiterate the mention in my previous post, we will be changing Battlemaster Commendation drops in a future patch toward the same 'steady' progession goal without changing the overall average time to gear up.

Really? 25%....dang, my bags must have missed the memo. Went through 12 straight bags without any until last night....so maybe the RNG will swing back and give me two in a row to call it even?

I agree, this isn't the way to go about it.

Who is coming up with these crazy ideas? fire him.

Like we all clearly and painfully stated before the problem was the luck-based system. Why is this so hard to get through to the developers?

Your employees are so disconnected from the player base its astounding. Why not just institute a champion token system, similar to battlemaster ones, to prevent all these duplicates?

Yes please I could be totally fine with the change they currently have going if I knew that I would never see a duplicate ever again. As to why making champion tokens is inconceivable for them (as they've done so for battlemaster) I will never understand.

I don't get why Champ Bags give centurion commendations, and why Battlemaser bags give Champ commendations. Why give a lower tier set of commendations to buy lower tier gear?

Champ bags should give champ commendations, and Battlemaster bags should give battlemaster commendations. I see no use for centurion at all.

You must have missed this post below and the 22 quoted posts after it...

It's obvious from comments here that the patch note is not specific enough.....:

Champion Bags now always contain 15 Centurion Commendations AND 7 Champion Commendations. Battlemaster Bags now always contain 15 Champion Commendations.

- Gabe

Seriously?!?! It took almost 30 hours to find out that Champion Bags now drop Champion Commendations? This would have alleviated 95% of the angst in this thread and others.

As has been stated above by others - I wish this had been in place a long time ago as it's a MUCH better system than current. At 2.5-3 Champ bags a day +6 weekly bags, many people would have already gotten those elusive 1 or 2 missing pieces.

Thanks for the feedback, we/I really appreciate it, but it really would have helped to have this info from the beginning.

No-one wants your Centurion gear.

It's obvious what the intention was supposed to be. PvP players would work towards getting Centurion gear, and occasionally they would get surprised by phat Champion Gear with the RNG.

The pattern would be repeated to some degree at battlemaster. You'd get commendations to replace any parts of centurion with champion, and you'd occasionally get battlemaster gear as a random drop.

Nobody wants cent gear because champ gear was so easy to get with Ilum exploits.

I think the bag system change is good. Don't listen to these screaming idiots Devs, seriously, this is a very very vocal very very low minority.

We talk about these whiney forum babies all the time in our guild forum.

How is this change good in any way? The tokens only had about a 10% chance of being in the bags to begin with, and now it will be even less?

I agree, this isn't the way to go about it.

Who is coming up with these crazy ideas? fire him.

Like we all clearly and painfully stated before the problem was the luck-based system. Why is this so hard to get through to the developers?

Are you serious? the change directly addresses that. It reduces the impact of luck, while still keeping the occasional "ooo shiny" moment. It gives you a ton of commendations per bag so gearing is progressive.

The amount of ************ in this thread is astounding for what is a very reasonable and neat bag system.

Edited by phdeeznuts

The chance for a Battlemaster Commendation to be in a Battlemaster Bag is NOT changing. It is still 25%.

To reiterate the mention in my previous post, we will be changing Battlemaster Commendation drops in a future patch toward the same 'steady' progession goal without changing the overall average time to gear up.

This is retarded... Might as well cancel my sub till the BM upgrade otherwise I'm just wasting my time. Least up the % next patch or allow a BM bag to be purchased with tokens. If its a 1 in 4 chance to drop with each bag purchase and you're only allowing 16 bags a week, which you need to be on EVERY day you're looking at around 5 weeks to gear up. :mad:

Edited by Dirly

That's the whole point really. It's been so easy to get with some luck that it's not fair to effectively lock those who are newly 50 or lack luck out of it until Valor 60. Basically Champion gear is what Centurion gear was supposed to be, relatively easy obtainable gear. (assuming you have some luck, which by now legions of players have had)

You can't let a large number of players just get gear too easily based on sheer luck, and then make it much harder for those who come after. Only fair way to do this is just abandon Centurion gear altogether, allow for farming of Champion commendations to have Champion gear obtained at the same average rate as the bag system with random token drops allowed, and then unlock Battlemaster gear at higher levels.

Or heck, if they really like the lottery of getting a better token in bags, allow BM gear from Champion bags and give BMs some sort of SuperBM gear. Either way, grinding for gear from commendations based on valor rank is good. Restricting new players from gear which was handed out like candy before is not.

That's kind of like saying, dont nerf operative damage because all the new 50 operatives didn't get to experience it with ez mode.

I do agree they need to redo the bag / comm system, but it should not be as easy as it was to obtain gear.

I'm sure people have said this previously...

Rank 40 valor = Cent req

Rank 50 valor = Champ req

Rank 60 valor = BM req

Create a LINEAR progression between each set, so that Cent bp gives x.x.x stats and Champ bp gives x.x.x more and BM would give x.x.x more X being the same number.

Bring back the blue PvP Set for anyone below valor 40, so they aren't creamed to **** by anyone in champ or bm gear.

Are you serious? the change directly addresses that. It reduces the impact of luck, while still keeping the occasional "ooo shiny" moment. It gives you a ton of commendations per bag so gearing is progressive.

The amount of ************ in this thread is astounding for what is a very reasonable and neat bag system.

Key word is Reduces not remove. in the end whoever has the most luck gets geared the quickest instead of whoever put more time into it.

Why is this so hard? Youve pretty much fixed up Centurion and Champion gear, now you just need to fix up Battlemaster.

Multiply the amount of Battlemaster Commendations required by 4 and make it guaranteed 1 Battlemaster Commendation per Battlemaster Bag. Was that hard? Or you would like people to continue to open 20 BM Bags and get nothing?

It's obvious from comments here that the patch note is not specific enough, so we'll get it updated before the patch goes to the live servers. Here are some specifics:

Champion Bags now always contain 15 Centurion Commendations AND 7 Champion Commendations. Battlemaster Bags now always contain 15 Champion Commendations. So Centurion gearing up progression for new level 50s is increased significantly and Champion gearing up progression will be steady.

We do still intend on adding more intro level 50 PvP items as well as change how Battlemaster Commendations operate toward the same 'steady' goal. It's just the scope of that change was more than could be done in a weekly patch as it included vendor changes, conversions to existing commendations on players already, etc.

That being said, the current interim 'gearing up' system will change significantly when we introduce Ranked Warzones (aiming for Game Update 1.2). Stay tuned for more details on that.

- Gabe

Well, great, so how about making sure you address the issue of the massive numbers of duplicate (and therefore useless) champion gear tokens? Please be sure to implement a way for us to cash in stockpiled champion item tokens for champion comms. Maybe duplicates are ok for troopers, who have companions of all the same class, but it sucks for us Jedi.

Let me just point this out, since there's confusion about it.

The 1.1.2. bag changes have reduced the RNG element on drops DRAMATICALLY. Exactly what you guys asked for.

Instead of hoping to get specific item tokens, you now get (more) commendations that you can turn into an item of your choice. That is a lot more deterministic and reliable than opening bags and hoping for a token.

-- Georg

God what a fail on comprehension...

What we want to see is:

The 1.1.2. bag changes have removed the RNG element on drops COMPLETELY. It has been replaced by a clear progression to allow everyone the ability to progress in a clear and structured system... Exactly what you guys asked for..

There is no reason 2 people doing the same amount of work to get the same number of battlemaster bags should not get the EXACT SAME REWARD. Why should one guy get 5 tokens in a week and others get 0 tokens? RNG has always been a fail system. I am honestly blown away by how Bioware a company with so many great idea's actually allowed this fail to fly.

I really do not understand how someone at bioware can sit in their chair and say OMG!! Brilliant Idea!! Lets use RNG!!

It is a slap in players faces to put in work only to see someone else "Get lucky" simply because Bioware made a mistake and is afraid to own up to it. Everyone makes mistakes. Just say OK we messed up and lets get on to a working balanced system that does not include RNG.

Well, great, so how about making sure you address the issue of the massive numbers of duplicate (and therefore useless) champion gear tokens? Please be sure to implement a way for us to cash in stockpiled champion item tokens for champion comms. Maybe duplicates are ok for troopers, who have companions of all the same class, but it sucks for us Jedi.

Wow you basicly got easy mode for gear, welfare epics and still ************. Nothing will make any of you scrubs happy.

Gear is sadly easy to obtain, and makes the game boring.

Next patch, 1.2 = Give everyone blue frogs in the mail right, will that make you happy?

Champion Bags now always contain 15 Centurion Commendations AND 7 Champion Commendations. Battlemaster Bags now always contain 15 Champion Commendations. So Centurion gearing up progression for new level 50s is increased significantly and Champion gearing up progression will be steady.

Thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you.