1.1.2 PvP bag changes.

ReRuined

The cost of Champion and Centurion items are NOT changing.

The chance for a Battlemaster Commendation to be in a Battlemaster Bag is NOT changing. It is still 25%.

To reiterate the mention in my previous post, we will be changing Battlemaster Commendation drops in a future patch toward the same 'steady' progession goal without changing the overall average time to gear up.

25%? Feels like 6.25% to me. >_>

Also, thanks for the clarification. That sounds like a much reasonable system, but it seems kind of redundant having both Cent and Champ out of the same bag.

5 bags = 35 champ tokens = probably 1 piece of Champ

Unless Centurion gear is REALLY cheap than I see it working, but then we're getting into the land of PvP gear being easier to get than PvE for fresh 50s.

Edited by ComeAndSee

• Replies 742
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

25%? Feels like 6.25% to me. >_>

Also, thanks for the clarification. That sounds like a much reasonable system, but it seems kind of redundant having both Cent and Champ out of the same bag.

5 bags = 35 champ tokens = probably 1 piece of Champ

Unless Centurion gear is REALLY cheap than I see it working, but then we're getting into the land of PvP gear being easier to get than PvE for fresh 50s.

For Ops prices range from 24 (relics) to 123 (rifle).

Just get rid of Pvp gear and add hats......yep....... everybody likes hats :)

Ohh and hardcores don't think I forgot about y'all! I got it all figured out bioware, here's the deal, add a hardcore warzone queue.

Might sound stupid but just hear me out, as we all know to be fact "hardcores" just can't enjoy a game for fun, they are BEYOND that. My suggestion is that in these "hardcore" warzones just have a bunch of equations battle each other to the death.

In terms of gear its as simple as having 3ts of gear labeled as:

I be purple

I be better purple

I be more purple than the rest

I think these changes would make this game more enjoyable to everyone.

Gotta question if people here actually PvP and open Champion Bags...

You get bloody 15 Cent and 7 Champs out of the Champion Bags, as someone who's BM, i can tell you flat out, leveling up to BM, I would of MUCH MUCH rather have the 7 Champ Tokens out of the bag then a higher chance of a Champ piece of gear.

I say this because I've gotten like 7 pairs of legs,over 20 pairs of boots, god knows how many relics or implants, offhands, mainhands what not.

I've gotten 1 bloody helm, Zero Chest pieces, and Zero Gloves.

So Excuse me if I don't ***** about getting the commendations instead.

Current Cost of a piece of Champion loot is 67 Champ Commendations.

Basically 10 Bags if what you have to open to get a Guaranteed piece of Champ Gear you want. Trust me, That is much much better then the current system... WAY better..

so in closing, quit whining scrubs.

Gotta question if people here actually PvP and open Champion Bags...

You get bloody 15 Cent and 7 Champs out of the Champion Bags, as someone who's BM, i can tell you flat out, leveling up to BM, I would of MUCH MUCH rather have the 7 Champ Tokens out of the bag then a higher chance of a Champ piece of gear.

I say this because I've gotten like 7 pairs of legs,over 20 pairs of boots, god knows how many relics or implants, offhands, mainhands what not.

I've gotten 1 bloody helm, Zero Chest pieces, and Zero Gloves.

So Excuse me if I don't ***** about getting the commendations instead.

Current Cost of a piece of Champion loot is 67 Champ Commendations.

Basically 10 Bags if what you have to open to get a Guaranteed piece of Champ Gear you want. Trust me, That is much much better then the current system... WAY better..

so in closing, quit whining scrubs.

^^ This guy gets it.

I am very happy for this change. It will make a HUGE difference in helping gear everyone, and will help encourage those that are pre-60 Valor to keep going.

I want this to hit live now...not wait for a couple weeks.

It's obvious from comments here that the patch note is not specific enough, so we'll get it updated before the patch goes to the live servers. Here are some specifics:

Champion Bags now always contain 15 Centurion Commendations AND 7 Champion Commendations. Battlemaster Bags now always contain 15 Champion Commendations. So Centurion gearing up progression for new level 50s is increased significantly and Champion gearing up progression will be steady.

We do still intend on adding more intro level 50 PvP items as well as change how Battlemaster Commendations operate toward the same 'steady' goal. It's just the scope of that change was more than could be done in a weekly patch as it included vendor changes, conversions to existing commendations on players already, etc.

That being said, the current interim 'gearing up' system will change significantly when we introduce Ranked Warzones (aiming for Game Update 1.2). Stay tuned for more details on that.

- Gabe

This is a step in the right direction. Too bad you did not express yourself coherently enough in the beginning, and now the vast majority of the players think the changes comprise of something entirely diferent ;)

It's obvious from comments here that the patch note is not specific enough, so we'll get it updated before the patch goes to the live servers. Here are some specifics:

Champion Bags now always contain 15 Centurion Commendations AND 7 Champion Commendations. Battlemaster Bags now always contain 15 Champion Commendations. So Centurion gearing up progression for new level 50s is increased significantly and Champion gearing up progression will be steady.

We do still intend on adding more intro level 50 PvP items as well as change how Battlemaster Commendations operate toward the same 'steady' goal. It's just the scope of that change was more than could be done in a weekly patch as it included vendor changes, conversions to existing commendations on players already, etc.

That being said, the current interim 'gearing up' system will change significantly when we introduce Ranked Warzones (aiming for Game Update 1.2). Stay tuned for more details on that.

- Gabe

So after all that you're still going to nerf PvP armor? This new bag system sounds great, now leave the stats on PvP armor alone.

- Gabe

Quoting this because I don't think people see that the champ bags contain cent tokens AND champ tokens. The will let people get at least centurion gear really fast.

Not sure what the problem is with this system. RNG is gone except for battlemaster gear which isn't a huge upgrade over champ gear anyway.

great so I got level 50 and I'm pretty much boned for even longer on infnity gates server as a vanguard who has only ...two champion boots(besides outdated gear)

bioware should play their game like the EVE developers do, maybe they'd understand what their changes are doing and what it DOES to their community

because as many have said...why centurion promotion? have you not noticed the galor of battle master and champion sets that will destroy new 50s? yes it's a complaint

I think people should do the blackout Wikipedia did against SOPA, but have a day or week with mass unsubscribes to get bioware's attention <_<

if you wanna do pvp people a favor......put high valor ranked people in their own queue, this way you can have 10-50, but your valor will prevent battlemasters from being mixed with people sub champion gear(hey, maybe the whiners would shut up about that "under-geared guy" they just noticed)

it's like that one guy suggested with the 36 valor or so for champion gear, but with the queue involved as well(and no, not valor restricted on "opening" said bags, should allow battle master bags to be opened sooner than 60..or 50..which ever it was, not like we can wear it yet anyway!)

then maybe we'd get some fairer warzones(ok maybe not 1-50, but the valor rank makes more sense to me for warzone groupings <_<)

and to add, yes I saw the champion commendations, but lowering the champion item chance is bull if you ask me

Edited by Wakugai

Good. Sometimes people can go days without getting even one battlemaster commendation for alot of hard work(republic that is)So that 25% chance sometimes is a little off.

It's not "sometimes off", you just don't understand what probability is. A 25% chance of X happening IS NOT the same as saying X will happen exactly 1 out of 4 times.

So after all that you're still going to nerf PvP armor? This new bag system sounds great, now leave the stats on PvP armor alone.

"Fair concerns... but nobody said anything about nerfs for PvP gear just yet.

There are many ways of achieving our intended goal, from stabilizing early gear acquisition through diminishing/removal of the random factor to the introduction of new gear over time... and a dozen other methods in-between.

To spell it out: We currently have no intention to modify the stats on existing PvP gear downwards (which I assume you mean by 'nerf'). Nobody has talked about eliminating the gap between old level 50s and new level 50s either.

-- Georg"

From another thread. They're just changing the system not the stats. That way you can geared with basic stuff really fast which fixes the problems new 50s have in PvP.

Maybe I'm wrong here, but if the problem is that people don't want Cent gear and much prefer Champs gear than really isn't the real fix not to change the drop rate (purchase chance) of any gear, but change the Cent gear to be more appealing? While I understand that it is a tiered system, if the tiers are so disparate that one of them is seen as useless than perhaps that tier needs a revaluation?

The chance for a Battlemaster Commendation to be in a Battlemaster Bag is NOT changing. It is still 25%.

To reiterate the mention in my previous post, we will be changing Battlemaster Commendation drops in a future patch toward the same 'steady' progession goal without changing the overall average time to gear up.

May I ask...why not reintroduce the old level 50 PvP gear that players could equip upon turning 50?

EXPERTISE is your major issue Gabe, not the flippin tokens. I like these changes a lot for a much better gear grind, but I think you're missing the big picture. Your EXPERTISE system is the major flaw right now.

This is exactly what I said yesterday while people was tearing their hair, centurion as starter set is NOT bad and in fact the progression will be now more natural; t1 (so no one feel steamrolled without expertise) with the occasional t2, by the time you hit valor 60 you should be almost full t2 and you can start gearing toward t3.

It is, indeed, a great fix directed to the less lucky people.

You just have to get into the idea that you can not totally skip the t1 with luck anymore

Edited by ombraa

great so I got level 50 and I'm pretty much boned for even longer on infnity gates server as a vanguard who has only ...two champion boots(besides outdated gear)

bioware should play their game like the EVE developers do, maybe they'd understand what their changes are doing and what it DOES to their community

because as many have said...why centurion promotion? have you not noticed the galor of battle master and champion sets that will destroy new 50s? yes it's a complaint

I think people should do the blackout Wikipedia did against SOPA, but have a day or week with mass unsubscribes to get bioware's attention <_<

if you wanna do pvp people a favor......put high valor ranked people in their own queue, this way you can have 10-50, but your valor will prevent battlemasters from being mixed with people sub champion gear(hey, maybe the whiners would shut up about that "under-geared guy" they just noticed)

it's like that one guy suggested with the 36 valor or so for champion gear, but with the queue involved as well(and no, not valor restricted on "opening" said bags, should allow battle master bags to be opened sooner than 60..or 50..which ever it was, not like we can wear it yet anyway!)

then maybe we'd get some fairer warzones(ok maybe not 1-50, but the valor rank makes more sense to me for warzone groupings <_<)

and to add, yes I saw the champion commendations, but lowering the champion item chance is bull if you ask me

I love how you're going to get gear much faster and still *****, if you can't compete with cent/champ gear (which you'll get super fast now) you still won't compete with battlemaster. The difference between champ and battlemaster is very small.

Really happy about this. thanks for the feed back, Will let my guild know about it

While I understand that it is a tiered system, if the tiers are so disparate that one of them is seen as useless than perhaps that tier needs a revaluation?

They're not that different. Or rather, they're about as different as you might expect in a T1/T2/T3 system.

The only thing that really boggles my mind is why the T2 Champion pieces don't have a Rank requirement on them. As part of a progression, it seems that it should be T1 at any PvP Rank, T2 at Rank 30+, and T3 at Rank 60+.

Definitely a step in the right direction. I have a question though .. When you get a token in one of the champion bags, will you also get all the commendations or only the item/token? Your previous post seems to indicate that you will always get the commendations, but I would appreciate if you could confirm.

They're not that different. Or rather, they're about as different as you might expect in a T1/T2/T3 system.

The only thing that really boggles my mind is why the T2 Champion pieces don't have a Rank requirement on them. As part of a progression, it seems that it should be T1 at any PvP Rank, T2 at Rank 30+, and T3 at Rank 60+.

Then what is the reason for Champion gear being coveted so much more from the players? I honestly don't know, but I've heard in game as well as read here that Cent gear is just not as good as even standard PvE gear. IF this is the case it would seem changing the gear would be a better choice than the purchasing system. Even if the difference is only perceived, something needs to be done to change the perception.

The failure does not appear to be the system in place to reward people, but the potential rewards themselves and until this problem is addressed no loot system changes will make the system better to the players.

I don't get why Champ Bags give centurion commendations, and why Battlemaser bags give Champ commendations. Why give a lower tier set of commendations to buy lower tier gear?

Champ bags should give champ commendations, and Battlemaster bags should give battlemaster commendations. I see no use for centurion at all.

Once you hit 60 is when the real fun begins you start logging on just to dailys to usually not be rewarded with anything useful. 2.5 weeks at Battlemaster has netted me 6 coms. Thanks Bioware.

I log in to kill stuff mainly, gear is a bonus. What do you plan to do once you have full battlemaster? Never log in again?

Edited by StealthStalker

I honestly find some of this complaining laughable.

It seems those complaining the loudest are probably those least affected by it - I'd wager they already have their chamion gear minus a piece or two.

Look, when making a change to the balance of something, you either balance it or you don't. You don't half-*** it or else you break the system worse. Yes, this means new level 50's have a rougher path. What those people complaining about that don't realize is maybe they just weren't meant to have it as easy as they did, and it took the testing, data and numbers getting back to the devs to realize things were progressing too fast for PvP gear up. After all, despite what whose whining demand, its generally a BAD idea to make a snap judgement.

I see it in any mmo - any change and people threaten to leave, pulling lies out of their butts. Here's the thing - if PvP sucked that bad, you complainers would have left already instead of hanging around complaining about it. The fact that you are STILL here, with your complaints and threats, shows you still care.

And thats just how MMOs seem to work. Devs correct balance issue -> Whiny players threaten to quit -> Whiny players get used to the new system and stop complaining (some even realize they complained over nothing) -> Devs correct new Balance issue -> repeat.

The endless cycle of MMO development. Gotta love it.