1.1.2 PvP bag changes.

ReRuined

So with the ranked Warzones on the way, and these changes to how we obtain PVP gear, how are the sparsely populated servers going to fare? Both in terms of getting into matches, and gearing up? I'm on a server where, as it stands now, I almost never get into a Warzone with a full Republic group. We start anywhere between 2-5 members shy of a full group, and a good percentage of the matches end early due to there not being full teams... Should we just stop PVP'ing now?

I'm not trying to be alarmist, but it does seem to me like the upcoming changes are going to be detrimental to some at the very least.

• Replies 742
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bioware's incompetence on this issue is, quite frankly, frightening...

PvPers: "We don't like the RNG/Luck system."

Solution: "Okay. You will now be able to gain more crappy gear at a more steady rate, but need even MORE RNG/Luck to get anything good."

PvPers: "Yeeeah, so when's Guild Wars 2 coming out?"

I dont usually respond to the QQ posts, but this is pretty much right on the money lol, at least they released more information which really doesnt sound all that bad, it actually is likely going to end up being a faster way to get gear now.

Edited by DubyooC

Does anyone have a link to the costs for champion gear?

If you do the dailys every day, if you have 6 bags banked upon hitting 50, it will take 7 days of dailys to get full centurion.

Assuming that the champion gear costs x2 centurion gear, it will take about 4 weeks of dailys to be full champion.

Edited by Kllashaa

2. It is harder to get t2 geared than before.

Not really. Not for certain anyhow. There are some who have had better luck than others and got Full Champ geared quickly. There are others who have had terrible luck with redundant drops from the bags.

The majority of players though, get mostly Champ geared and reach a stagnation of sorts as they wait and wait for the 1, 2, or 3 pieces they need for the set.

This prevents that from happening by creating a steady and dependable way to get your entire set on top of still having the chance of the RNG drops.

Here's the proof that Bioware doesn't really think these things through:

Why do Battlemaster bags give 15 champion commendations?

After your change to making Champion bags drop champion commendations, EVERY SINGLE PERSON will have full champion gear before valor rank 60. Guaranteed. Most people who have the option will probably even have the copy gear from the other set.

So why do Battemaster bags drop Champion commendations? Because Bioware doesn't think about long term consequences of changes like these. They do know how long it takes people to grind out valor rank 60 normally right? Or is this change simply for all the Sith who got instant Battlemaster by cheesing Ilum and don't even have Champion gear?

Edited by EternalFinality

It's obvious from comments here that the patch note is not specific enough, so we'll get it updated before the patch goes to the live servers. Here are some specifics:

Champion Bags now always contain 15 Centurion Commendations AND 7 Champion Commendations. Battlemaster Bags now always contain 15 Champion Commendations. So Centurion gearing up progression for new level 50s is increased significantly and Champion gearing up progression will be steady.

- Gabe

Thanks for the clarification. The patch notes were certainly not clear enough on this point.

Here's the proof that Bioware doesn't really think these things through:

Why do Battlemaster bags give 15 champion commendations?

After your change to making Champion bags drop champion commendations, EVERY SINGLE PERSON will have full champion gear before valor rank 60. Guaranteed. Most people who have the option will probably even have the copy gear from the other set.

So why do Battemaster bags drop Champion commendations? Because Bioware doesn't think about long term consequences of changes like these.

How about there are people who are already Valor 60 who still have Cent gear in some slots because of bad RNG on Champ and BM gear.

Aside from that there's a more major revamp that's in the pipe for the future. This is an adjustment to ease the gear frustration immediately while they work on getting the permanent change done.

However with your change, this is the problem:

1. It is easier to get t1 geared than before.

2. It is harder to get t2 geared than before.

3. This is a fix that should have been done in the first week or two, because the effect now is that fresh 50s will have a harder time gearing up for pvp to a suitable level as everyone before them.

A better fix would have been the current commendation change, but slightly increase the chance for a token from what it currently is on both. Battlemaster bags should also have a change at t2 tokens, as a "booby prize" for those who aren't getting lucky with battlemaster drops.

Wow...you guys just can't read.

Cent Comms come in larger quantities (15 each) in Champ Bags

Champ Armor Item Tokens come in fewer in Champ Bags

Champ Comms now come standard (7 each) in Champ Bags

Champ Comms come in larger quantities (15 each) in BM Bags

BM Comms have no change in BM Bags.

Really depends on your current gear and valor rank. For someone like myself.. who is nearly 60 Valor and only missing about 2 pieces of Champ.. if this patch hits in 2 weeks or more, hoarding will do me no good. I'll be valor 60 by then.

However for someone valor rank 45 who only has a few champ and a few cent.. it may be worthwhile to wait for the guaranteed ability to pick and choose which slots for Champ and Cent.

Yeah I will save up mine, I'm low valor on my alt even though I've gotten 4/16 champ/bags I think it will be better to save them.

Sorry georgey, that is not exactly what we asked for. What we asked for was a more predictable way to get champ geared prior to valor 60, what you are delivering instead, is a way to get cent geared (useless when others already have full champ or BM) more quickly, and lowering the chance to get champ geared.

I don't think you failed to understand what we asked for, I think you are playing devils advocate.

Cent is tier 1. You are supposed to get it first, you aren't supposed to skip straight to Champion and gear that up in a week.

I actually like this new upcoming system better. I've gotten so many of the same pieces of champ gear over and over again. Be nice now to still have a chance to get a token for 1 piece of champ gear and at the same time I'm getting champ commendations! And can get what piece I want/need w/commendations.

And getting centurion gear easier will allow more people that were frustrated get into some expertise gear quicker

Great update.

Edited by WarheartZero

It's obvious from comments here that the patch note is not specific enough, so we'll get it updated before the patch goes to the live servers. Here are some specifics:

Champion Bags now always contain 15 Centurion Commendations AND 7Champion Commendations. Battlemaster Bags now always contain 15 Champion Commendations. So Centurion gearing up progression for new level 50s is increased significantly and Champion gearing up progression will be steady.

We do still intend on adding more intro level 50 PvP items as well as change how Battlemaster Commendations operate toward the same 'steady' goal. It's just the scope of that change was more than could be done in a weekly patch as it included vendor changes, conversions to existing commendations on players already, etc.

That being said, the current interim 'gearing up' system will change significantly when we introduce Ranked Warzones (aiming for Game Update 1.2). Stay tuned for more details on that.

- Gabe

Thank you Gabe.

What about BM gear? So you're essentially making it easier for everyone to get full tier 2 (good) and nerfing the tier 3 drop rate? Because currently the drop rate of BM tokens is already ludicrously low so you plan on lowering it even further? Why?

I was wondering this too. I have opened up 12 battlemaster bags so far and received zero bm commendations and 3 champion commendations in every single one.

Edited by adww

The cost of Champion and Centurion items are NOT changing.

The chance for a Battlemaster Commendation to be in a Battlemaster Bag is NOT changing. It is still 25%.

To reiterate the mention in my previous post, we will be changing Battlemaster Commendation drops in a future patch toward the same 'steady' progession goal without changing the overall average time to gear up.

Good. Sometimes people can go days without getting even one battlemaster commendation for alot of hard work(republic that is)So that 25% chance sometimes is a little off.

Hopefully you guys aren't nerfing the BM token drop rate because I don't see how it's fair that people who exploited the system or don't have as much time to play as others get to keep the BM gear they've gotten while the rest of us get screwed once we reach Valor Rank 60.

the **** is this

That is gaming newbies who for the most part are young and have only played wow,also known as children on the wow forums talking smack for the most part.Guessing the very few left playing that game who doesnt live in china...

In other words who cares....

The cost of Champion and Centurion items are NOT changing.

The chance for a Battlemaster Commendation to be in a Battlemaster Bag is NOT changing. It is still 25%.

To reiterate the mention in my previous post, we will be changing Battlemaster Commendation drops in a future patch toward the same 'steady' progession goal without changing the overall average time to gear up.

Wonderful! Thanks for the confirmation.

That being said, the current interim 'gearing up' system will change significantly when we introduce Ranked Warzones (aiming for Game Update 1.2). Stay tuned for more details on that.

So we're going to have to do ranked PVP to gear up? What about people who don't want to have to do ranked PVP every day or week just to gear up? Why can't the ladder be its own reward?

And where does world PVP fall into all of this? Will the best gear still be obtainable there? Are you guys still looking at addressing problems with Ilum before doing all of this?

Edited by GeLopez

Champion Bags now always contain 15 Centurion Commendations AND 7 Champion Commendations. Battlemaster Bags now always contain 15 Champion Commendations. So Centurion gearing up progression for new level 50s is increased significantly and Champion gearing up progression will be steady.

We do still intend on adding more intro level 50 PvP items as well as change how Battlemaster Commendations operate toward the same 'steady' goal. It's just the scope of that change was more than could be done in a weekly patch as it included vendor changes, conversions to existing commendations on players already, etc.

- Gabe

"conversions to existing commendations on players already"

Gabe what does this mean? Will I be able to convert the 10 unused champion gear tokens in my bank into the gear/commendations what I need for my last pieces that have eluded me for weeks?