1.1.2 PvP bag changes.

ReRuined

Gamer: Bioware can I have a steak please?

Bioware: Here you go, as requested

Gamer: But this is a rock

Bioware: It's what you asked for

Gamer: No, I asked for a steak

Bioware: Okay we've listened, here you go

Gamer: This is a brick, I asked for a steak...

Bioware: We've tested all week and concluded this is what you want based on our data

Gamer: it's a stick...

Bioware: that's right! And you get a chance of a brick every 30th request, awesome right?!?

• Replies 742
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Gamer: Bioware can I have a steak please?

Bioware: Here you go, as requested

Gamer: But this is a rock

Bioware: It's what you asked for

Gamer: No, I asked for a steak

Bioware: Okay we've listened, here you go

Gamer: This is a brick, I asked for a steak...

Bioware: We've tested all week and concluded this is what you want based on our data

Gamer: it's a stick...

Bioware: that's right! And you get a chance of a brick every 30th request, awesome right?!?

Rofled hard

Centurion gear is not better than blues in many cases. Here is a case in point:

Centurion Stalker's Implant

64 endurance

56 willpower

39 expertise

40 accuracy (why does all pvp gear have accuracy on it anyway?)

40 critical rating

Entropic Awareness D-Motivator (level 50 blue item, was a quest reward I think)

58 endurance

72 willpower

34 accuracy

29 crit

So if I take the Centurion implant, I lose 16 points of willpower that effects my melee damage and crit on my assassin as well as my force damage and crit. I gain 60 hit points, 39 expertise and 11 crit. So is that an upgrade? Without knowing all the forumlae behind the game, it's very hard to say. I certainly don't think so and if is, it is a very, very modest one.

Ok, here's my other non-pvp item I haven't replaced. What I'm wearing now is a tank belt because that's how I leveled up but I'm now dps specced. In the interest of fairness, I'll compare it to the Cent tank belt:

Primeval Exemplar's Waistwrap (level 50 blue, again a quest reward I believe)

237 armor

60 endurance

52 willpower

18 absorption rating

Centurion Survivor's Waistwrap

257 armor

55 endurance

48 willpower

39 expertise

22 absorption

Again, this is not a clear upgrade and you actually lose health by wearing the pvp item which is silly for pvp gear. Keep in mind, these are blue items I am comparing to EPIC items and they are roughly the same. I don't care what anyone says, a level 50 epic pvp item should be an obvious upgrade over a level 50 blue quest reward.

You don't know how item budgeting works do you? You have to take from something to give to another. You loose a small amount of end and willpower but gain expertise which is most important in pvp...

Your idea of progression pvp seems flawed to me.

One can get T1 gear pretty early on, then there is ahuge gap where it will take you weeks to get Valor rank 60 with no reward in between, nothing to look forward to.

Once hitting rank 60, again one gets pissed by getting champ gear instead of BM gear when opening a bag.

I don´t honestly see where this will make people enjoy pvp more.

The actual idea to elimante or reduce the random factor is great, the actual execution is quite the opposite.

Why do not simply add a new kind of bag for champ gear at let´s say valor rank 45?

As i understand how the system work, i like it.

Let see if i get this straight:

At level 50, the only use of wz commendation for gearing is to buy champion bag. From there you get centurion commendation(t1) and sometime champion token(t2).

With your daily/weekly you get battlemaster bag, which give t2 commendation and a chance of t3 token.

So you steadily get commendation for t1 and t2, while having a chance of getting t2 and t3 token for a quick gear. But you cannot equip t3 before you have 60 valor.

Am i missing anything ? cause this system seems pretty good to me.

I think it is a good change and it is the way it should have been on release, right now nobody gets centurian armor because you get so few tokens and champ gear drops so much. but i see how people could be mad at a nerf, but its still an improvement on the system.

You don't know how item budgeting works do you? You have to take from something to give to another. You loose a small amount of end and willpower but gain expertise which is most important in pvp...

Dimwit, this is comparing a level 50 BLUE item to a level 50 PURPLE item. The purple item should be a clear upgrade in all areas, not just expertise. It is not and that is why nobody gives a rat's *** about getting Centurion items. Chances are they already have something as good or better.

Edited by xOspreyx

As i understand how the system work, i like it.

Let see if i get this straight:

At level 50, the only use of wz commendation for gearing is to buy champion bag. From there you get centurion commendation(t1) and sometime champion token(t2).

With your daily/weekly you get battlemaster bag, which give t2 commendation and a chance of t3 token.

So you steadily get commendation for t1 and t2, while having a chance of getting t2 and t3 token for a quick gear. But you cannot equip t3 before you have 60 valor.

Am i missing anything ? cause this system seems pretty good to me.

yeah but with the nerf you wont be getting tier 2 anywhere before 60 and forget tier 3... I am at valor 58 with no champion legs, chest, wrist, implant and what not..... and this is before the apparent 'nerf' to the drops..... and I have seen valor 30 guys with the full set.

Getting to valor 60 is long, and you have 1 set of gear for all that time? LOL.. you can PUG and get massively better pve ****. screw that

Edited by randalthorr

It's obvious from comments here that the patch note is not specific enough, so we'll get it updated before the patch goes to the live servers. Here are some specifics:

Champion Bags now always contain 15 Centurion Commendations AND 7Champion Commendations. Battlemaster Bags now always contain 15 Champion Commendations. So Centurion gearing up progression for new level 50s is increased significantly and Champion gearing up progression will be steady.

We do still intend on adding more intro level 50 PvP items as well as change how Battlemaster Commendations operate toward the same 'steady' goal. It's just the scope of that change was more than could be done in a weekly patch as it included vendor changes, conversions to existing commendations on players already, etc.

That being said, the current interim 'gearing up' system will change significantly when we introduce Ranked Warzones (aiming for Game Update 1.2). Stay tuned for more details on that.

- Gabe

Thank you for the update much better

It's obvious from comments here that the patch note is not specific enough, so we'll get it updated before the patch goes to the live servers. Here are some specifics:

Champion Bags now always contain 15 Centurion Commendations AND 7Champion Commendations. Battlemaster Bags now always contain 15 Champion Commendations. So Centurion gearing up progression for new level 50s is increased significantly and Champion gearing up progression will be steady.

We do still intend on adding more intro level 50 PvP items as well as change how Battlemaster Commendations operate toward the same 'steady' goal. It's just the scope of that change was more than could be done in a weekly patch as it included vendor changes, conversions to existing commendations on players already, etc.

That being said, the current interim 'gearing up' system will change significantly when we introduce Ranked Warzones (aiming for Game Update 1.2). Stay tuned for more details on that.

- Gabe

Okay Gabe, I hear you.

First: Good play on the Centurion bags. It's a big quality of life boost for new players just joining at 50. It makes Centurion Gear play a big role in gearing up. 3 Dailies per piece, and that's not even including buying bags. This is good. I think, overall, this is better for people nearing the end of completing their gear as well, as even when you do get purple items, they are the wrong slot.

EDITTED: Okay, clarified. Purple item nerf only to Champion bags. Fair enough.

Good, positive fix. No complaints.

Edited by McVade

- Gabe

Should we assume that the item costs will rise accordingly? 15 per bag seems like a lot.

Could you clarify? Can we use those tokens to buy Champion gear?

If so, then it's possibly a good thing. If not, then it's a very bad thing.

On my main, there's no Centurion gear I want. It's chump gear compared to what you can buy on GalaTrade. Champion gear is at least comparable to buyable gear for PVE, and it's better for PVP.

Then you're doing it wrong. Buy the Cent gear and re-mod it to make it better. It's like me saying screw Battlemaster gear, I'm just going to wear all my Rakata gear instead.

I lose about 250 strength equipping Champ gear over the pve gear I have but I'm pretty sure that extra strength wouldn't make up for having 0 expertise.

- Gabe

What about BM gear? So you're essentially making it easier for everyone to get full tier 2 (good) and nerfing the tier 3 drop rate? Because currently the drop rate of BM tokens is already ludicrously low so you plan on lowering it even further? Why?

Edited by Foxcolt

Dimwit, this is comparing a level 50 BLUE item to a level 50 PURPLE item. The purple item should be a clear upgrade in all areas, not just expertise. It is not and that is why nobody gives a rat's *** about getting Centurion items. Chances are they already have something as good or better.

Like I said you don't understand.

Good day sir.

yeah but with the nerf you wont be getting tier 2 anywhere before 60 and forget tier 3... I am at valor 58 with no champion legs, chest, wrist, implant and what not..... and this is before the apparent 'nerf' to the drops..... and I have seen valor 30 guys with the full set.

Getting to valor 60 is long, and you have 1 set of gear for all that time? LOL.. you can PUG and get massively better pve ****. screw that

you need 60 valor just to open the battlemaster bag?

Thanks for the update.

Sounds alot more reasonable and actually i am looking forward to it.

The only thing i did not like is the mentioning of ranked WZs together with a changed gear system.

I´d hate being unable to PUG for a fun pvp match in between if gear acquired there is regarded as second class.

- Gabe

The patch notes were the opposite of specific and didn't even mention most of what you list here.

However, thank you very much for the clarification and this should got a long way to helping fresh 50's gear up at a steadier pace.

This is obviously meant to be a long-term fix to the overall system---bypassing Tier 1 PVP gear and going straight to Tier 2 IS a problem. The number of current 50s in full champ/BM gear is relatively small, so by fixing this now they adjust the path of progression for the overall population of current and (the much, much larger population) of future lvl 50 PVPers. It's a smart move, but it's damage control.

Listen, as people level new characters, start over on new servers, leave the game and so forth, the small number of full BM powerhouses will equalize between old school BMs and newer players. This isn't an issue.

I'm excited for this change. This means that instead of hoping for RNG Tier 2 gear, I'm getting guaranteed Tier 1 with the occasional Tier 2 surprise. I support this.

This person gets it.

The number of commendations in Champion and Battlemaster Bags has been greatly increased, and the direct item trade tokens appear less frequently in Champion Bags. This change allows players to obtain PvP gear at a steady and significantly more predictable rate with an occasional bonus.

The battlemaster bags should drop battlemaster tokens at the exact same rate as they do now.

What about BM gear? So you're essentially making it easier for everyone to get full tier 2 (good) and nerfing the tier 3 drop rate? Because currently the drop rate of BM tokens is already ludicrously low so you plan on lowering it even further? Why?

Holy crap.. all of this because people aren't reading.

The number of commendations in Champion and Battlemaster Bags has been greatly increased, and the direct item trade tokens appear less frequently in Champion Bags. This change allows players to obtain PvP gear at a steady and significantly more predictable rate with an occasional bonus.

The new system is this:

BM Bags have a chance at BM Tokens (the chance remains unchanged) AND it will have 15 Champ Comms

Champ Bags will have a LOWER chance at Champ Tokens AND it will have 7 Champ Comms and 15 Centurion Comms

Now the bad: Your Battlemaster system sucks. I'm sorry, but Battlemasters don't need Champion commendations. Battlemasters need Battlemaster gear. If your nerfing the chance to get Battlemaster Gear drops for 15 Champions Commendations, you're going to make 1 person who somehow got to 60 and still needs a considerable amount of Champion gear happy for every 10 you annoy to high hell.

They never once said anything about changing the drop rate of the Battlemaster Comm drops. That is just something that someone here in this thread mentioned and it stuck.

BM Comms remain the same, plus the update for Champ Comms. This is still positive, although, by the time new level 50s reach Valor 60 to open the BM Boxes, they will have earned enough Champ Comms to be fully set with Champion armor. Boost in Champ Comms from BM Boxes will not be required at that point.

Edited by Miallen